Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

rediscover posted:

This will be the first console that will have come out while I have a job and the feeling that I can just buy one when it releases is incredible

first you get the money, then you get the power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nintendo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The Saying the name of the thread meme that never fails to get you hella quotes

Soral
May 30, 2009

rediscover posted:

*animal crossing voice* nintendo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Thanks bro.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
Sega!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJ-jtUg4rE

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SPM sucked but had some insanely funny dialogue

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Maybe just a little sniff...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

:3:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
couple of new posts per day in this thread... guess the hype is already over... Nintendo...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i was thinking of buying one of the mini nes' but then i realised all the games i want to play on it i already bought on wiiu..

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i was thinking of buying one of the mini nes' but then i realised all the games i want to play on it i already bought on wiiu..

its really cute tho

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking forward to buying all Virtual Console content for the third time

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'll rebuy Kirby's Dream Course until the day I die, gladly

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774698&userid=81853

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i stand behind the first thing i said about that guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And I stand by what I said about Super Castlevania IV

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

And I stand by what I said about Super Castlevania IV

It blows for sure.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol its only THE ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERDS favourite game ever but ya sure it sucks smdh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Even the greats are wrong sometimes.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

It blows for sure.

it's got some weak levels and could have been much tighter overall, but it's far from crap and nowhere near the worst castlevania

i hope konami releases a new castlevania game for the nintendo switch, that would be great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

i hope konami releases a new castlevania game for the nintendo switch, that would be great

It's called Bloodstained and it will be on the platform at some point

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Of course SCIV isn't the worst Castlevania, that's a 3 way tie between Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate and Harmony of Despair. I can't rate a game I haven't played but I'm sure that LoS2 would be there as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Of course SCIV isn't the worst Castlevania, that's a 3 way tie between Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate and Harmony of Despair. I can't rate a game I haven't played but I'm sure that LoS2 would be there as well.

I think even the people who like Lords of Shadow say LoS2 is a pile of poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never said it was the worst either. The worst I played was the first PS2 one (Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness I forget the name) but I also knew not to even touch the 360/PS3 games, so I never played them.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

It's called Bloodstained and it will be on the platform at some point

sweet, time to find that 2017 purchase plan thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe it's 2018 at the earliest. Stay strong.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What about Castlevania 64 and the Castlevania Pachinko and the Wii fighting game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania 64 was actually kinda cool but it had an absolutely insane control scheme.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii fighting game was bad but every long running franchise is like required to have a mediocre 1v1 fighter so I can't hold it against them. And I've actually played the Pachinko game but uhh it's pachinko, it's not a game it doesn't even enter the conversation. It's just a slot machine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What about Castlevania 64 and the Castlevania Pachinko and the Wii fighting game

castlevania 64 wasnt so bad IMO.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Castlevania 64 was actually kinda cool but it had an absolutely insane control scheme.

I remember getting legit scared by the hedge maze part with the frankenstein monster

but yeah the N64 had a lot of awful control schemes and cameras cause everyone was still experimenting and the controller was a trilobite

like goldeneye having an option to have a seperate controller in each hand and play it like a modern twinstick fps

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

P-Mack posted:

I remember getting legit scared by the hedge maze part with the frankenstein monster

but yeah the N64 had a lot of awful control schemes and cameras cause everyone was still experimenting and the controller was a trilobite

like goldeneye having an option to have a seperate controller in each hand and play it like a modern twinstick fps

If you did that and used the second controller to shoot the game didn't register it as a button press to end cutscenes so you could kill dudes in the little end of level cutscenes. I would shoot baron samedi all the time when he runs up and laughs at the end of Egyptian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011