Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

In the Search for Spock how come there was a closet in the starbase transporter room?

For makeouts and the occasional while on duty quickie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
That sounds unprofessional

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought it was just there so they could throw slater in and lock him up.

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
It's the elusive Star Trek bathroom

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Ambassadorial starships have to be prepared for any cultural eventuality. It's a gloryhole with a rotating crew roster.

Fun fact: it's the only reason we're on such good terms with the people of Risa

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

When you transport someone in while at warp speed you need a shunt area to route the chunky salsa of former crewman into should something go wrong. That closet is designated Pattern Buffer Reserve Omicron in the transporter chief's operations manual.

Its lined with plastic and has a drain in the bottom.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

criscodisco posted:

Ambassadorial starships have to be prepared for any cultural eventuality. It's a gloryhole with a rotating crew roster.

Fun fact: it's the only reason we're on such good terms with the people of Risa

"Six days a week this is the best job in the galaxy," the lieutenant said to the ensign.

"What happens on the seventh day?" the ensign asked.

The lieutenant frowned and rubbed his jaw.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
beautiful joke.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I liked how Sulu was just too drat illogical for Tuvok to work for so he quit Starfleet for 50 years and came back only to get stuck with Janeway.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Maybe Sulu was too logical and they did nothing but butt heads, like when two bottoms strike up a relationship.

Never, ever look in the nightstands of a couple like that. You will see apparatuses even the Borg wouldn't assimilate.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Like what?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A Plumbus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJk4y9NGvE

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The toy of choice for only the most discriminating trill symbionts.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
:raise:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
She still looks great imo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She looks like a vampire. Then again, she had to avoid direct sunlight during DS9 filming, so perhaps this is confirmed?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
She looks like Anton Chigurh's sister :gerty:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bit of a heavy hand with the Nice 'n Easy but she looks great for 52.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
This 5th Passenger movie is supposed to be out 10/31, not sure where. Marina Sirtis, Armin Shimerman, and Tim Russ are in it. (IMDB also lists July 2017 as a release date so who knows if this is actually even coming out.)

Then there's this thing that's on KickStarter for 2017 called The Circuit that seems to have lots of Star Trek people involved. I'm not sure what the gently caress it's supposed to even be though. From the website:

"The first ever Pop-Culture Convention Anthology film, true to the convention circuit with the FANS DIRECTLY INVOLVED. Imagine a multi-genre anthology film where fans and long time entertainment professionals collaborate to create 10 original stories, all intertwined and taking place over a single convention weekend. Fans are submitting scripts and resumes, as you read this, to work with our professional team from some of your favorite Hollywood movies and shows. Every person who pledges to the campaign, is invited to contact us at the email below, even to tell us how you would like to be involved in the film!"

"Taking place over a single convention weekend" is the part that confuses me.

Actually, just looked at the Kickstarter, and it was cancelled 6 days ago, they wanted $200,000 but only raised $32,556. Oh well. I guess people were as confused as I was?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

shadow puppet of a posted:

When you transport someone in while at warp speed you need a shunt area to route the chunky salsa of former crewman into should something go wrong. That closet is designated Pattern Buffer Reserve Omicron in the transporter chief's operations manual.

Its lined with plastic and has a drain in the bottom.

False. The designated shunt zone is the replicator feedstock tank.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If I needed a place to store my jizz tank I'd put it in Troi's room. She's half fish lady and she'd probably just be flopping around in splooge anyway

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if you want to preserve the history of your people you should load up a probe with a lifetime's worth of one dude's memories and shoot it into deep space in the hopes that it hits a starship captain in the head and teaches him how to play the flute.

you shouldn't just write it down or anything

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

If I needed a place to store my jizz tank I'd put it in Troi's room. She's half fish lady and she'd probably just be flopping around in splooge anyway

I thought the enterprise d had a special tank room for the dolphin people

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I thought the enterprise d had a special tank room for the dolphin people

From what I can recall, TNG was supposed to be partially navigated by whales located in the front of the ship. That was supposed to be a thing starting in S1E1, but there was some sort of cost issue so they scrapped it.

Why would they do something so stupid? Everyone in the late 1980s had a REAL boner for whales (see Star Trek IV), so the writers were gonna capitalize on this. Thank God they didn't.

(disclaimer: this may all be wrong)

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if you want to preserve the history of your people you should load up a probe with a lifetime's worth of one dude's memories and shoot it into deep space in the hopes that it hits a starship captain in the head and teaches him how to play the flute.

you shouldn't just write it down or anything

I like how they were apparently a pre-warp society yet they had the technology to make a probe capable of beaming all that knowledge into an alien's head in like a minute.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

It'd be funny if Starfleet ships all just started toting a whale around as standard equipment after they got hosed up by that probe, but you know one of the drat things would go crazy and take over the ship or get borged about five minutes out from spacedock

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

mycomancy posted:

From what I can recall, TNG was supposed to be partially navigated by whales located in the front of the ship. That was supposed to be a thing starting in S1E1, but there was some sort of cost issue so they scrapped it.

Why would they do something so stupid? Everyone in the late 1980s had a REAL boner for whales (see Star Trek IV), so the writers were gonna capitalize on this. Thank God they didn't.

(disclaimer: this may all be wrong)

It was called Cetacean Ops, and I'm pretty sure cetacean means just dolphins and mer-men.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They had an Orca tank, as seen in award winning documentary, Blackfish.

Data gets mauled by an Orca in Season 8.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lord of Pie posted:

It'd be funny if Starfleet ships all just started toting a whale around as standard equipment after they got hosed up by that probe, but you know one of the drat things would go crazy and take over the ship or get borged about five minutes out from spacedock

Wanna see that borg whale.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Wanna see that borg whale.

Look in a mirror lol

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Lmao burn

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Look in a mirror lol

Oh poo poo. I just got Harry Kim'ed hardcore.

:negative:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Look in a mirror lol

Savage.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
why didn't the el-aurians tell the federation about the borg

"oh hey most of our race has been wiped out by, uh, something. no need to worry! doesn't matter!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

atomicthumbs posted:

why didn't the el-aurians tell the federation about the borg

"oh hey most of our race has been wiped out by, uh, something. no need to worry! doesn't matter!"

the real reason Q told Picard to stay away is not because they're dangerous or evil but because they're just giant pricks

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

my all time favorite star trek moment is when q pops out of nowhere in a mariachi outfit and blasts a trumpet. I wish he did that more often, like in episodes that weren't even about him

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I liked the one where you saw his buttcheek

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hello friends. I finished DS9 a few months ago and have been slowly making my way through Voyager since then; I'm almost done with season 2 now. So far I think it's pretty much mediocre at best and pretty much none of the characters are particularly likable or interesting yet. I turned it off last night because Harry Kim and Torres were trapped in a weird mime computer program and Harry was going to have his head cut off in a guillotine. It seemed pretty retarded which is what got me into TNG in the first place. Is this episode a turning point for Voyager and will there just be endless stupid goofy adventures from here on in? Thanks true believers

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
There was this mid-show lull when Paris and the Doctor were the only characters I enjoyed and I was always hoping Neelix would get accidentally spaced. Janeway is the most boring captain and Chikotay is so forgettable the only thing I remember about him was that the evil version of him in that one episode has a whole face tattoo. When 7 of 9 shows up, her shenanigans with the Doctor become probably the most enjoyable thing about the later seasons. It never really "gets good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
bummer! I'm just glad there haven't been any more Chakotay Spirit Animal Guide episodes for a while because as much as I love doofy stupid trek concepts, that's just too much to handle