Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
So poor now but my room is coming along!:spooky:

:shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mrs.Nameko posted:

So poor now but my room is coming along!:spooky:

:shepspends:

Aw I love that table.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Friendly reminder that FFXIV is terrible, FFXI was perfect and Yoshi replacing Tanaka was a greater tragedy than 9/11.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308749-A-happy-fun-conversation-between-WOW-player-XI-player-between-FF-fans

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Putting ARF in 60 Rou was a mistake, at least with the Lore it gives anyway.
All you ever get is surly people who are sick of doing it who think they're in a PF group for speed running who get mad at people for not playing as quickly as they think.

They need to nerf the lore given on ARF so it doesn't come up so often and people actually have a choice with their lore farms so they don't negatively impact others. I don't even farm that place but I still heavily dislike the place due to the experiences I get in there if I am silly enough to do 60 rou

E: autocorrect

See this is why I'm dreading doing that for the first time, i.e. When The Plot Demands. I'll for certain be asking at least TPT for assistance with it and Singularity Reactor, since I don't want Those Players ruining it before I can even appreciate it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AweStriker posted:

See this is why I'm dreading doing that for the first time, i.e. When The Plot Demands. I'll for certain be asking at least TPT for assistance with it and Singularity Reactor, since I don't want Those Players ruining it before I can even appreciate it
Singularity Reactor has a cutscene before, a cutscene after, and the fight itself you can't actually push the phases of because there are hard HP boundaries.

Not saying you shouldn't if you want to!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dr Pepper posted:

Love that the player respawning is now canon in the lore.

How so? This in the lorebook?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Singularity Reactor has a cutscene before, a cutscene after, and the fight itself you can't actually push the phases of because there are hard HP boundaries.

Not saying you shouldn't if you want to!

The lame part of Singularity Reactor is newbie tanks don't get The Surprise anymore because of dps pushing past it :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Verranicus posted:

Friendly reminder that FFXIV is terrible, FFXI was perfect and Yoshi replacing Tanaka was a greater tragedy than 9/11.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308749-A-happy-fun-conversation-between-WOW-player-XI-player-between-FF-fans

I hate these people and everything that they stand for.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

AweStriker posted:

I've never had someone complain about people watching the cutscene in ARF. I imagine this is mostly because the newbie bonus is something like 100 lore, so lore farmers are pretty well compensated for the extra time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
How much does the lorebook and packaging weigh? Gotta see how much reshipping services are going to scam out of me.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

How much does the lorebook and packaging weigh? Gotta see how much reshipping services are going to scam out of me.

I've already got mine heading to Australia Post's redirect service, Shopmate. Standard fee for a book was listed at about 30bux

Edit: your Australian Credit card should work, too.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Queued for Trial roulette, got a run that was 5 minutes in. Hit Accept, find myself in a Leviathan Hard run in progress. Literally six seconds later he's dead and I get my queue rewards. I didn't cast a single loving spell.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

UHD posted:

Queued for Trial roulette, got a run that was 5 minutes in. Hit Accept, find myself in a Leviathan Hard run in progress. Literally six seconds later he's dead and I get my queue rewards. I didn't cast a single loving spell.

I had a similar thing in leveling last week. Popped in as a tank for the last few minutes of a Sastasha normal with the boss arena already closed off. Didn't hit a single button and i got three commends.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Intoluene posted:

I've already got mine heading to Australia Post's redirect service, Shopmate. Standard fee for a book was listed at about 30bux

Edit: your Australian Credit card should work, too.

Ah good. What was the total damage?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

UHD posted:

I got a mentor roulette last week that had 3 sprouts on Fenrir in Snowcloak. Apparently their previous healer spazzed out and bailed since these three didn't know the mechanics of the fight. I lead them to an easy victory. They were adorable.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

So I just got to Heavensward content for the first time but I'm feeling kind of bored with Bard, should I power through to 60 or try out different classes?
Would it be better to uninstall the game?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ah good. What was the total damage?

I went a bit higher on squeenix's shipping so about 80 aud before the shopmate stuff since they hold the package once it's received so it can be sent forward when you pay.

Edit: should mention it's aud.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Happy Sisyphus posted:

So I just got to Heavensward content for the first time but I'm feeling kind of bored with Bard, should I power through to 60 or try out different classes?

I mean, I would at least try some other jobs before uninstalling.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Bard is going to change drastically in a couple of levels (And not for the good).

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Happy Sisyphus posted:

what does your heart tell u

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I mean, I would at least try some other jobs before uninstalling.
I will do this

Kelp Me! posted:

what does your heart tell u

but my heart tells me that I've got another month, tops

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I will do this

but my heart tells me that I've got another month, tops

You should at least try and do Heavensward now that you're here. 3.0 to 3.4 is all really good poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Intoluene posted:

I went a bit higher on squeenix's shipping so about 80 aud before the shopmate stuff since they hold the package once it's received so it can be sent forward when you pay.

Edit: should mention it's aud.

Ouch. Thank you!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ciaphas posted:

How so? This in the lorebook?

Uh, the main fight in the latest story quest.

The Warriors of Darkness do the same thing the player does. They wipe and respawn with the Echo. They even get the same Echo buff that players get.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Uh, the main fight in the latest story quest.

The Warriors of Darkness do the same thing the player does. They wipe and respawn with the Echo. They even get the same Echo buff that players get.

A cool concept, too bad it happens exactly once. I feel the WoD should of been in a little longer, or at least you directly interacted with them more often.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So if I want to play a healer despite never healing before what's the way to go about that? I assume leveling conjurer is basically required? Any hot healing tips?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Blockhouse posted:

So if I want to play a healer despite never healing before what's the way to go about that? I assume leveling conjurer is basically required? Any hot healing tips?

Cnj is the only level 1 healer and is a good start. They have all the basics you need. Arcanist to 30 for Scholar, or AST in the expansion are healers that start at level 30.

Assuming your and the tank gear is reasonably appropriate, you're going to be bored if you stand around healing. Conjurers get a skill all healers can use called Cleric Stance that nerfs your healing but buffs your damage. When the tank isn't in threat of dieing, switch to that and start playing like a dps class. You get used to how much damage your tank takes, so you should be comfortable going back and forth. Play cautious if you want, but you'll have a lot of dps opportunity.

Healing's pretty simple for a long time, and the game really eases you into it. I've done the lowest level dungeons without ever throwing a heal except on bosses.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
White Mage is big heals, has the earliest AoE, has essential stuff like Cleric Stance and Protect for the 2nd half of dungeon/trials.

Scholar is macro city, more of a preventive healer that can reliably dps because pet class.

Astrologian is a mix of both after the buffs, the fastest way to be a decent healer if you already have protect and you're in Heavensward.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Tae posted:

White Mage is big heals, has the earliest AoE, has essential stuff like Cleric Stance and Protect for the 2nd half of dungeon/trials.

Scholar is macro city, more of a preventive healer that can reliably dps because pet class.

Astrologian is a mix of both after the buffs, the fastest way to be a decent healer if you already have protect and you're in Heavensward.

SCH gets their main form of AoE at level 30.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there anything particularly Dragoon-centric in the Heavenward story, aside from a character recognizing you? Just wondering if I'll have that to look forward to.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Harrow posted:

Is there anything particularly Dragoon-centric in the Heavenward story, aside from a character recognizing you? Just wondering if I'll have that to look forward to.

Well, the main advertised antagonist is a dragon. And it's a nation full of people who hate dragons and kill them.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
How do I do the thing to make a pie chart in ACT?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Harrow posted:

Are you asking if there's anything that's meaningfully different if you're a dragoon? If so no, just some changed dialogue. It is the home of dragoons though and you spend a lot of time hanging around dragoons, so if you wanted to be one also it would be thematically appropriate.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Are you asking if there's anything that's meaningfully different if you're a dragoon? If so no, just some changed dialogue. It is the home of dragoons though and you spend a lot of time hanging around dragoons, so if you wanted to be one also it would be thematically appropriate.

Yeah, I think it was more the thematic appropriateness thing. I figured there'd be at most some changed dialogue as far as actual story changes are concerned.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

homeless snail posted:

plus if you're an au ra it's like a bizarro white savior thing where you came from the far east to show these loving frenchie elves the proper way to jump on lizards with spears

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So uh I keep reading that dragoons die and that's expected or something.

Why? I don't understand, aren't they like as armored as tanks?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tae posted:

So uh I keep reading that dragoons die and that's expected or something.

Why? I don't understand, aren't they like as armored as tanks?

Nope, and it used to be worse with DRG having the lowest Magic Defense in the game, to the extent that they could die from attacks that barely took half of another job's health at the same ilvl. Another problem is animation lock, DRG can get messed up if they hit buttons at the wrong time so they get stuck in AOEs without any way to move. Also they get Blood for Blood, and many DRG players don't learn when it's safe to activate that.

Finally, DRG players get Elusive Jump, which has no protection from jumping over the edges of arenas where you can fall to your death.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've barely touched Elusive Jump because I just don't trust myself with it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BRD gets a similar skill in Repelling Shot, but it's usually not as bad since you have to be within melee range on a target to use it, and I think the jump back is less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

BrightWing posted:

How do I do the thing to make a pie chart in ACT?

• Locked thread