Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Baronjutter posted:

Imagine if rolling coal was a thing urban black people did instead of a symbol of white rural resistance and culture. Imagine how brutal the crackdown would be.
Kinda like how Black Panther demonstrations led to anti-open carry laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Someone's going to throw on their hacking rig and goggles and virtually fly through some sort of 3d maze to find the backdoor into my car, the next thing you know my lighter is zapping me with electricity and and doors and windows lock and heat gets set to 500 degrees.

We are anonymous!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Uber came out in support of ST3, right after the Seattle Times said there was no reason to support ST3 because Uber's driverless cars would render light rail obsolete.

I need to stop reading that dumb newspaper.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ElCondemn posted:

What is your obsession with calling people "tech bros", as though knowing about computers makes you an idiot?
It's a hypothesis that has yet to be proven wrong.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

anthonypants posted:

It's a hypothesis that has yet to be proven wrong.

Does being a smug luddite make you an idiot?

seiferguy posted:

Uber came out in support of ST3, right after the Seattle Times said there was no reason to support ST3 because Uber's driverless cars would render light rail obsolete.

I need to stop reading that dumb newspaper.

Rails can only take you so far, automated cars will fill the gap between your front door and the rail station. Of course Uber would be in favor of anything that encourages the average person to no longer have a personal vehicle.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 25, 2016

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ElCondemn posted:

Does being a smug luddite make you an idiot?
Maybe instead of taking such a terrible, violent insult so personally, use this opportunity to look around you. Are the people in the tech industry arrogant savages who think only for themselves? Are bitcoin or soylent or the internet of things or the gig economy making the world a better place? Are they, as a whole, more receptive to Randian hypercapitalism or to organized labor?

As a computer janitor, I can safely assure you: tech bros are the biggest idiots on the planet.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

anthonypants posted:

Maybe instead of taking such a terrible, violent insult so personally, use this opportunity to look around you. Are the people in the tech industry arrogant savages who think only for themselves? Are bitcoin or soylent or the internet of things or the gig economy making the world a better place? Are they, as a whole, more receptive to Randian hypercapitalism or to organized labor?

As a computer janitor, I can safely assure you: tech bros are the biggest idiots on the planet.

:thurman: Nicely said.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

anthonypants posted:

Right but eventually technology will solve everything, so just give more tax breaks and subsidies to "techbros" so they can generate enough research points for a tech victory, who the gently caress cares about social or economic or political issues, just develop, disrupt!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
As a techie who strives to avoid being a tech bro, it's an important idea because the tech industry has been colonized by the mentality. The crashes haven't completely chased off the gold rushers. It's bad for society, and it's bad for tech. There's something to be said about looking at problems in a new light, and attempting to disrupt stagnant situations. However, the tech industry is like a person deciding they can solve a traffic jam by driving a monster truck and being willing to run over other cars.

e: Basically tech is like guns, the most vocal sides both think it's magic. They just disagree whether it's white or black magic.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 25, 2016

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Baronjutter posted:

Right but eventually technology will solve everything, so just give more tax breaks and subsidies to "techbros" so they can generate enough research points for a tech victory, who the gently caress cares about social or economic or political issues, just develop, disrupt!
The most tech bro answer to "how do we stop mirai botnets from destroying dns again?" is to offer tax breaks to companies that take the incredibly minor steps to secure their devices e.g. not hardcoding admin credentials on publicly-accessible interfaces

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

anthonypants posted:

The internet of things is actually something which does have a ton of potential to help make the world a better place in a ton of ways, from the basic stuff like improving the quality of a living or working space by providing real-time adjustments to air quality, HVAC needs dynamically based on the current population in a room or building, to saving enormous amounts of energy by implementing digital controls on various appliances and building systems, to allowing enough raw data to analyze and then utilize it in ongoing and future projects.

The EPA already has some really powerful tools which you can use to make the world a better place, such as Portfolio Manager, which allows you to benchmark your building/property's carbon footprint, energy and water usage, and energy star rating based against a dataset that includes most structures in the USA and then adjusted for climate and solar footprint, etc. Imagine what you could do with metrics like that for appliance usage in different sized environments.

Tech bros in the use which was questioned really did seem to be a bit of a poor choice of phrase, given that he was talking about pro-automation reactions to mechanical disasters. I usually think of tech bros as silicon valley types who're into cryogenics and transhumanism and go-karts in the workplace, and who generally tend to lean either libertarian, wannabe anarchist, or insufferable liberal/progressives who're actually just NIMBYs looking for a pat on the back.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Tech culture can be annoying. 'tech bro' is getting a little overused like 'hipster' a while back though.

I've thought maybe some of the tedious opinions in tech come from it being relatively easy (compared to anything else) to pick up employable levels of knowledge in programming or IT on your own. There also typically isn't a stark knowledge gap between people self educated and formally educated for a lot of jobs in tech.

I think this helps tech guys conclude you can replace years of expertise in a social science with a bit of net reading or podcast listening (books are too slow) and so their boot strapping tech genius can be aimed at anything as in 'wow the wiki page on libertarianism makes it sound like the solution to everything, fair tax!, here's my (naive) novel solution to this social problem, etc' and to underestimate how much knowledge of a subject a non-stem masters or phd grants you.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
For Software Engineering, it's also the fact that you can get away with a huge amount of really lovely "engineering" as solutions to problems. And you're rewarded for coming up with solutions to problems quickly, and rarely do you have to face the problems you've caused 10 years down the road.

So a lot of Software Engineers assume the same is true of the rest of the world. Why don't you just choose the simple answer, idiot? Look, it solves these 3 problems quickly. What? It'll collapse after 5 years? Just fix it on the way!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

For Software Engineering, it's also the fact that you can get away with a huge amount of really lovely "engineering" as solutions to problems. And you're rewarded for coming up with solutions to problems quickly, and rarely do you have to face the problems you've caused 10 years down the road.

So a lot of Software Engineers assume the same is true of the rest of the world. Why don't you just choose the simple answer, idiot? Look, it solves these 3 problems quickly. What? It'll collapse after 5 years? Just fix it on the way!
"Move Fast And Break Things" is literally an idiom that tech bros came up with. These are horrible idiots who do not have real-world solutions to real-world problems and they should be looked down upon like any other manchild with too much self-importance.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

coyo7e posted:

The internet of things is actually something which does have a ton of potential to help make the world a better place in a ton of ways, from the basic stuff like improving the quality of a living or working space by providing real-time adjustments to air quality, HVAC needs dynamically based on the current population in a room or building, to saving enormous amounts of energy by implementing digital controls on various appliances and building systems, to allowing enough raw data to analyze and then utilize it in ongoing and future projects.

The EPA already has some really powerful tools which you can use to make the world a better place, such as Portfolio Manager, which allows you to benchmark your building/property's carbon footprint, energy and water usage, and energy star rating based against a dataset that includes most structures in the USA and then adjusted for climate and solar footprint, etc. Imagine what you could do with metrics like that for appliance usage in different sized environments.

The bullitt center in Seattle is the greenest building in the US. It heavily uses computerized IoT style technologies. Automated heating and cooling, ventilation, day light control, window control, etc. Technology definitely makes the world a better place.

But maybe there's something specific that "tech bro" means that I'm not aware of. As far as I can see from this thread it used to be used to describe people who aren't very smart and don't mind paying half their income for a shoe box who happen to work for Amazon. Recent usage seems to be applying it to anyone who talks about technology that can solve problems.

coyo7e posted:

Tech bros in the use which was questioned really did seem to be a bit of a poor choice of phrase, given that he was talking about pro-automation reactions to mechanical disasters. I usually think of tech bros as silicon valley types who're into cryogenics and transhumanism and go-karts in the workplace, and who generally tend to lean either libertarian, wannabe anarchist, or insufferable liberal/progressives who're actually just NIMBYs looking for a pat on the back.

Clearly there is some kind of meaning here that I wasn't getting before. As far as I can tell talking about automated cars is now a "tech bro" thing?

anthonypants posted:

"Move Fast And Break Things" is literally an idiom that tech bros came up with. These are horrible idiots who do not have real-world solutions to real-world problems and they should be looked down upon like any other manchild with too much self-importance.

Do you work with these people? Where do they exist? I honestly don't know who is saying these things. Is it a reddit thing?

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 26, 2016

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Tech Bro is a pejorative used to malign prototypically white dudes who work in the "tech sector" and are really into poo poo like:

Taking an Uber everywhere.
Riding a bike because you're showing up to a party later.
Talking about Bitcoin but secretly not knowing htf it even works.

The problem is that the "tech sector" has a wide berth of definitions to most people. To the point that a considerable portion of Computrr Janitors identify as working in "tech" when they just press buttons and follow directions.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

ElCondemn posted:

Do you work with these people? Where do they exist? I honestly don't know who is saying these things. Is it a reddit thing?

I've worked with some.They don't typically seem to last long at any one company because they jump ship to go work somewhere else. They tend to last 2-3 years at a place.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ElCondemn posted:

That phrase was the motto of a little company called, "Facebook", I guess you've never heard of them? They're a pretty big deal on the internet, especially in the tech circles.

e:

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 26, 2016

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

anthonypants posted:

Maybe instead of taking such a terrible, violent insult so personally, use this opportunity to look around you.

I took no offense, I just didn't understand why believing that automated cars are near is a "tech bro" stance to take.

anthonypants posted:

Are the people in the tech industry arrogant savages who think only for themselves? Are bitcoin or soylent or the internet of things or the gig economy making the world a better place? Are they, as a whole, more receptive to Randian hypercapitalism or to organized labor?

I don't work with people like this, I work with a hand full of old time Microsoft people who are staunchly conservative and say things like "you'll understand when you're older". I went for drinks with the VP a while back, he's from England, he explained to me that I just didn't understand the whole Brexit thing. I'm paraphrasing but he said something along the lines of "You don't understand, they live 10 to a room, they've got broken down cars, they're xyz". (as a mexican I recognized the rhetoric right away)

So I'm surrounded by nationalist bigots who blame poor people for all the problems in the world. But also like 60-70% of my company is composed of immigrants and/or minorities, so I think for a tech company we're pretty unique, despite the conservative slant of my direct superiors.

The closest thing to a "tech bro" I interact with is if I'm picking up my wife from SLU after work, my only criticism is that they apparently don't know how to stop at stop signs or understand when it's ok to walk across a street.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I've worked with some.They don't typically seem to last long at any one company because they jump ship to go work somewhere else. They tend to last 2-3 years at a place.

Are the characters from the tv show Silicon Valley considered "tech bros"?

anthonypants posted:

That phrase was the motto of a little company called, "Facebook", I guess you've never heard of them? They're a pretty big deal on the internet, especially in the tech circles.

Sick burn! I think you're probably taking what was said out of context.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ElCondemn posted:

Clearly there is some kind of meaning here that I wasn't getting before. As far as I can tell talking about automated cars is now a "tech bro" thing?

I wouldn't call generally talking about automated cars a "tech bro" thing, but there's a subset out there who seem to think that they're a silver bullet to all our transportation woes and they're just around the corner. This subset seems to overlap nicely with the annoying libertarian programmer subset that I think most people are talking about when they talk about tech bros. It's a lot bigger than that, though, and I think it comes down to this entitled crappy rear end in a top hat mentality that is honestly also pervasive in other higher income fields. But tech is hot right now, so assholes in tech get a lot of attention. Probably not the best definition, but when I think of a tech bro, I'm always reminded of that guy in SF who threw a fit about how the "working wealthy" (I'm pretty sure that's the exact phrase he used) were being oppressed by having to see homeless people.

In completely unrelated news (except the overwhelming sense of entitlement), it looks like the Malheur Trial might be heading for a hung jury on at least a few counts. https://www.google.com/search?q=mauhler+trial&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=malheur+trial&safe=off&tbm=nws I'm not good at predicting this kind of thing, but I've got a bad feeling they're leaning towards a couple of outright acquittals. Not a good look for long term land management...

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ElCondemn posted:

I took no offense, I just didn't understand why believing that automated cars are near is a "tech bro" stance to take.

I don't work with people like this, I work with a hand full of old time Microsoft people who are staunchly conservative and say things like "you'll understand when you're older". I went for drinks with the VP a while back, he's from England, he explained to me that I just didn't understand the whole Brexit thing. I'm paraphrasing but he said something along the lines of "You don't understand, they live 10 to a room, they've got broken down cars, they're xyz". (as a mexican I recognized the rhetoric right away)

So I'm surrounded by nationalist bigots who blame poor people for all the problems in the world. But also like 60-70% of my company is composed of immigrants and/or minorities, so I think for a tech company we're pretty unique, despite the conservative slant of my direct superiors.

The closest thing to a "tech bro" I interact with is if I'm picking up my wife from SLU after work, my only criticism is that they apparently don't know how to stop at stop signs or understand when it's ok to walk across a street.

Are the characters from the tv show Silicon Valley considered "tech bros"?

Sick burn! I think you're probably taking what was said out of context.
You should probably learn that, "I can't or don't believe what you're telling me because of my own personal anecdotal evidence," is not a good defense, of anything.

If characters from a Mike Judge TV show are indicative of their demographic then South Park is about elementary school and Idiocracy is a documentary.

Hate to break it to you, but you are extremely wrong about that quote being out of context. If you've never heard of that phrase, or that mindset, or the the culture which supports and sustains that ideology, then you are terribly, intensely unfamiliar with the tech bros that everyone else is talking about.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

anthonypants posted:

You should probably learn that, "I can't or don't believe what you're telling me because of my own personal anecdotal evidence," is not a good defense, of anything.

If characters from a Mike Judge TV show are indicative of their demographic then South Park is about elementary school and Idiocracy is a documentary.

Hate to break it to you, but you are extremely wrong about that quote being out of context. If you've never heard of that phrase, or that mindset, or the the culture which supports and sustains that ideology, then you are terribly, intensely unfamiliar with the tech bros that everyone else is talking about.

Literally heard an IT sec guy at work say "I wish those people would get out of Seattle and make room for decent wage earners" these were his exact words.

In other news, guess who thinks we'll still need mass transit in the glorious future of self-driving ubers? Some company called Uber: https://newsroom.uber.com/us-washington/uber-supports-prop-1/

Ed: this is specifically about ST3, by the way.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

People working in tech have all probably all met at least one Scott Adams-type, or five. The current trend in tech is a wave of companies that are mathematically incapable of making profit while providing little or no lasting benefit to their communities. Engineers are so in demand that companies hire absolutely awful people--misogynists, practicing alcoholics, victims of severe social retardation who could not find work in any other industry--as long as they have the skillset required, or at least have the certifications. That's a boom market for you.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Somebody was looking for WA State polling earlier, here's some results from Elway Research via 538, where they are rated A+.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3173866-Elway-Poll-102416.html

Take aways for Initiatives;
I-1501, the old people SEIU one; 72% For, 20% Undecided, 9% Against

I-1491, the Extreme Risk Protection Order, 67% For, 15% Undecided 18% Against

I-1433, Minimum Wage, 58% For, 11% Undecided, 31% Against

I-735, Anti Citizens United, 48% For, 33% Undecided, 18% Against

I-732, Carbon Tax, 40% For, 28% Undecided, 32% Against

I-1464, Public Financing for Campaigns, 36% For, 41% Undecided, 23% Against.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Initiative 1 in Olympia is pretty neat. Hadn't even heard about it until I looked at my ballot and was like what is this? Woah its cool!

Overall a decent collection of initiatives to vote on this time around. Still haven't been able to find any WA state polling, which is kind of sad.

Oh hey that's a really nice set of good ideas executed...maybe well! Too bad those ideas were wasted on Olympia :boom:

(I grew up in Olympia so I can say that)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Oh hey that's a really nice set of good ideas executed...maybe well! Too bad those ideas were wasted on Olympia :boom:

(I grew up in Olympia so I can say that)

Olympia is cool I also grew up here

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm just going to state in case it wasn't being talked about in context here that I'm a government IT worker whom believes in building infrastructure because infrastructure is good and I don't think it makes sense to have a separate management system for car automation when UAV automation is going to require a similar if differently configured infrastructure in the long term.

I'm unconcerned about the term tech bro because my duty is to facilitate a free and safe society and I'll use whatever tools help enable that.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ElCondemn posted:

The bullitt center in Seattle is the greenest building in the US. It heavily uses computerized IoT style technologies. Automated heating and cooling, ventilation, day light control, window control, etc. Technology definitely makes the world a better place.
Do you have any info to back that up? I mean it'd have to beat out the Rocky Mountain Institute among other things - and they've literally gone so far as to calculate the Therms of the household dog. Hell, I'd wager that Eugene's downtown LCC campus building could stand toe to toe with the Bullitt Center.

It's me, I'm the guy who's actually into this professionally right now, so if you want to tell me that something is "the greenest building in the US" I'm gonna call bullshit unless you know their energy star rating, LEED rating, or at least have an ASHRAE membership, or a BPI certification or two. ;)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 26, 2016

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

http://www.bullittcenter.org/

Can't find the certifications you're looking for when I look, but they are pretty dern green.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was reading a green building article a while ago where they went back to a bunch of LEED and self-proclaimed super green buildings years after they were built and did very in depth measurements and found almost all of them were no better than average. They found a lot of the overly technological green solutions ended up breaking down and not being fixed, or the human users of the actual spaces getting fed up with certain features and bypassing them, or the whole technology not really actually working all that well in the real world. A ton of "green building" stuff, specially in the corporate world, is nothing more than greenwashing and slick salespeople selling cool sounding technology to people who think cool technology can solve everything. Not all of it of course, but a lot of it is just flashy "check out how green and progressive and high tech our new HQ is!"

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Finally filling out my ballot in WA, I feel pretty good about most of my votes, but I'm kinda torn on I-732.

I really like the carbon tax aspect obviously, but the prospect of an $800 million revenue loss is not very appealing.

Has this thread come to a consensus either way? The progressive voting guides I've consulted seem split on the issue and I don't want to gently caress it up.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

lozzle posted:

Finally filling out my ballot in WA, I feel pretty good about most of my votes, but I'm kinda torn on I-732.

I really like the carbon tax aspect obviously, but the prospect of an $800 million revenue loss is not very appealing.

Has this thread come to a consensus either way? The progressive voting guides I've consulted seem split on the issue and I don't want to gently caress it up.

I'm torn but leaning no. Clearly the initiative has big problems - my thing is, if it fails then for the next 10 years, Republicans and concern trolls like the Times ed board will say that we shouldn't take any bold action on climate when somebody proposes an actually good idea because "the voters said no on 732". But the revenue cut is just dumb and I think cap and trade is a better plan than carbon tax. Jay Inslee's cap and trade executive order only applies to a handful of the biggest polluters but I think it'd be a better way forward than 732, so I'll probably vote no.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

gohuskies posted:

my thing is, if it fails then for the next 10 years, Republicans and concern trolls like the Times ed board will say that we shouldn't take any bold action on climate when somebody proposes an actually good idea because "the voters said no on 732".

I'm voting Yes but please don't let the Seattle Times editorial board's horseshit sway your decisionmaking. Those assholes are going to be Just Asking Questions about critical infrastructure and Reporting The Controversy on badly needed policy changes until hell freezes over.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

anthonypants posted:

Good thing I wasn't defending anything then...

anthonypants posted:

I've worked for lots of startups, but none that are "funded" so maybe it's a specific type of company that has that mindset? I know at least one goon/ex-goon who was an early hire at facebook and I can say without a doubt that they at least had good engineers at one point. If the phrase was said it certainly made sense in context of facebook and what they were doing at the time, I seriously doubt it was intended to apply to every problem under the sun. Not saying it isn't being used today as a misguided slogan, just that there definitely has to be a context for saying something like that.

dont even fink about it posted:

People working in tech have all probably all met at least one Scott Adams-type, or five. The current trend in tech is a wave of companies that are mathematically incapable of making profit while providing little or no lasting benefit to their communities. Engineers are so in demand that companies hire absolutely awful people--misogynists, practicing alcoholics, victims of severe social retardation who could not find work in any other industry--as long as they have the skillset required, or at least have the certifications. That's a boom market for you.

I'm sure there's definitely a lot of companies out there with no business plan and lots of investors, but I think you guys might be overblowing the abundance a bit. I understand that it happens a lot, but the way you guys talk about it it's like it's every other tech company. Maybe it's all the facebooks and twitters of the world, but there are lots of startup tech companies that don't just run a website where people post cat pictures all day.

coyo7e posted:

Do you have any info to back that up? I mean it'd have to beat out the Rocky Mountain Institute among other things - and they've literally gone so far as to calculate the Therms of the household dog. Hell, I'd wager that Eugene's downtown LCC campus building could stand toe to toe with the Bullitt Center.

It's me, I'm the guy who's actually into this professionally right now, so if you want to tell me that something is "the greenest building in the US" I'm gonna call bullshit unless you know their energy star rating, LEED rating, or at least have an ASHRAE membership, or a BPI certification or two. ;)

Correction, they claim to be the greenest commercial building in the world. The only sources I have are what they told me when I was there and their website and wiki article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullitt_Center
http://www.bullittcenter.org

This guy had something to do with the building and he seems on the level
http://www.pae-engineers.com/about/leadership/marc-brune

They have a tour, you can check it out yourself.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
People who moved to WA and vote like retards please leave

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Stranger's endorsement of I-732 is what tipped me in favor of it:

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/10/24/24646777/guest-editorial-to-fight-climate-change-and-poverty-vote-yes-on-initiative-732

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Smh

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I voted yes as well, I can see the other side of it but at the end of the day the low income rebate made the biggest difference for me.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

People who moved to WA and vote like retards please leave

Lived in this state all my life and I'm kind of hoping that I voted the way you don't want. What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Baronjutter posted:

Imagine if rolling coal was a thing urban black people did instead of a symbol of white rural resistance and culture. Imagine how brutal the crackdown would be.

It's my understanding that the EPA has been nailing the aftermarket suppliers in a significant way, have you seen differently?

• Locked thread