Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SPOOKILY A BIRD posted:

That handful of days where he was called Kangarookie were grim indeed.

You just reminded me he did this and for a moment I forgot he changed it back. It was a heartwrenching couple of seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Josef bugman posted:

I dunno, maybe it would have been better for Civilization if we'd learned less from the Romans and Greeks and more from the Gauls.

Whole band of foreigners will be unable to cope with one [Gaul] in a fight, if he calls in his wife, stronger than he by far and with flashing eyes; least of all when she swells her neck and gnashes her teeth, and poising her huge white arms, begins to rain blows mingled with kicks, like shots discharged by the twisted cords of a catapult.”
-Ammianus Marcellinus

Gauls seemed like cool people.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

flashing eyes; least of all when she swells her neck and gnashes her teeth, and poising her huge white arms

The fearsome threat display of the Gaulish woman.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Josef bugman posted:

I don't understand why "Pleb" means something bad. In the Republican Roman era it may have meant "the mob" but Plebeians were the largest class and, if we count the equities as closer to them than the Patricians, generally produced just as much power for the Romans as any one else. I hate the idea that even after thousands of years some dick-hole is still sat somewhere thinking of themselves as "Patrician" sincerely.

I dunno, maybe it would have been better for Civilization if we'd learned less from the Romans and Greeks and more from the Gauls.

Greeks are fine, it's just that we only care about two of the however many city-states there were.

However, I do agree that Celtic peoples (and Germanic, for that matter) were far cooler than the Romans ever were.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The fearsome threat display of the Gaulish woman.

They are missing every innovation on the Y chromosome.

Instead, they just got another copy of the same kind of chromosome they already had. They are missing all that originality. They got a double dose of the conventional. Instead of intuition and a rational mind, they got intuition and intuition.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Instead, they just got another copy of the same kind of chromosome they already had. They are missing all that originality. They got a double dose of the conventional. Instead of intuition and a rational mind, they got intuition and intuition.

Wow this guy's loving cracked it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Josef bugman posted:

I don't understand why "Pleb" means something bad. In the Republican Roman era it may have meant "the mob" but Plebeians were the largest class and, if we count the equities as closer to them than the Patricians, generally produced just as much power for the Romans as any one else. I hate the idea that even after thousands of years some dick-hole is still sat somewhere thinking of themselves as "Patrician" sincerely.

I like you for a couple of reasons

Idiots on Social Media: calm your man tits cuckservative

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cluckservative

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

While I'm at it, I know of a few people who would disagree that having a Y chromosome made them any better.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Oct 26, 2016

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

so I've always enjoyed this thread from afar but I finally have something to contribute - I live in NC and I've met people that are stupid and have racist views that don't realize their views are racist, but not actual white supremacists (i knew they were around I just figured they lived in the woods with only one another) - that is, until now. I seem to have struck upon white supremacist gold; a friend's ex is, for some reason, friends with a real live neo-nazi. I thought he was just a regular Trump supporter until this started to happen earlier today...

And then just for fun, some choice picks from red's FB page, including a nice shot of aformentioned swastika tattoo:

(blue pink purple and gold are normal nice people, green is the ex, red is a person that should probably not be allowed to reproduce but i'm pretty sure he's already had a child with his sister or cousin, or possibly his mother)

For some reason I thought doxxing these idiots wasn't allowed so I censored all the names, except the top one bc apparently it's okay to publicly shame these people (oh goodie) and I realized before I edited that one.

Can't wait until this state votes for Hillary, Cooper, and to repeal HB2; I love this state and I really want to drown these people off the coasts of our beautiful beaches.

e: woops forgot to edit out my homie's name in one bit

black.lion has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Oct 26, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Josh's name isn't censored properly either, but he's so brazen with his nazism it's essentially a public page.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lmao the Y is a shriveled impotent diseased riddled piece of crap and sometimes comes with such lovely "innovations" as color blindness, baldness, and haemophilia.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Josh's name isn't censored properly either, but he's so brazen with his nazism it's essentially a public page.

O is that the rule, whether it's a public page? Sorry I'm new here, I can fix it if need be

e: drat it def says that right in the OP, sorry y'all gimme 1 min and I'll fix it

e2: okay I think my censoring is up to par now, apologies y'all

black.lion has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Oct 26, 2016

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

It ain't a crime to kill a nazi.

tramsosMAI
Feb 29, 2008
My brother's fiancee is kind of high-strung at the best of the times and I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one, but then she just kind of kept on it?? I am unimpressed.

And a bonus one:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

People are people and- I suppose- "all lives matter."

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Mak0rz posted:

Lmao the Y is a shriveled impotent diseased riddled piece of crap and sometimes comes with such lovely "innovations" as color blindness, baldness, and haemophilia.

I dunno if this is the joke, but all of those things are on the X chromosome. The reason why those (mostly) affect men is because women have a second X chromosome that basically overrides the bad one, while men don't.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I feel like I'm getting the opposite message from these comics than the author intended.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hello ladies:

Edit: gently caress, how I get get an image with a good extension off imgur. Goddamn teens and their bullshit social media spaces.

Edit: Nevermind I got it.

Gr4vyB04t has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Oct 26, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

YOUR NOTE CHANGING MY VOTE

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Candyblood posted:

plebcomics probably meant for the "CHUNGA" shirt to make the character look stupid but I would happily wear it. Looks good man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGKSwsD7ac

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:|

She unfriended me, ,which is a shame since that was p much the last of the family I had any contact with, but something is pretty clearly wrong with her. I mean, seriously, I just wish I could understand how these people think, where they can look at facts straight in the face and just ignore them and continue to ignore them all while making wild claims like "if you know how taxes work, you must not be disabled" and "you can't know how taxes work because you are disabled" :\

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sorry she wiped the floor with you dude

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FirstAidKite posted:

She unfriended me, ,which is a shame since that was p much the last of the family I had any contact with, but something is pretty clearly wrong with her. I mean, seriously, I just wish I could understand how these people think, where they can look at facts straight in the face and just ignore them and continue to ignore them all while making wild claims like "if you know how taxes work, you must not be disabled" and "you can't know how taxes work because you are disabled" :\

Because they are making defensive excuses and deflections, not arguing in good faith. Have you really not encountered it before?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Data Graham posted:

Sorry she wiped the floor with you dude

Seriously. Why'd you bag on her so bad about her disability?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Because they are making defensive excuses and deflections, not arguing in good faith. Have you really not encountered it before?

Because nobody wants to believe their own family can be that bad I guess :\

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Josef bugman posted:

By the late Republic, most of the distinctions between plebeian and patrician were long gone. I think a couple of priesthoods were one only to patricians (as some offices were open only to plebs) but aside from that, plebeian status was no bar to wealth, power or influence--Augustus, for instance, was plebeian until his adoption by Caesar, and most patrician gens had plebeian branches as well, and in one rather famous instance a patrician was adopted into a plebeian branch so he could stand for tribune.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

John Big Booty posted:

By the late Republic, most of the distinctions between plebeian and patrician were long gone. I think a couple of priesthoods were one only to patricians (as some offices were open only to plebs) but aside from that, plebeian status was no bar to wealth, power or influence--Augustus, for instance, was plebeian until his adoption by Caesar, and most patrician gens had plebeian branches as well, and in one rather famous instance a patrician was adopted into a plebeian branch so he could stand for tribune.

Q: Am I an actual doctor?

A: Yes. I’m a bluepill neurosurgeon. I have an M.D. in female psychology and a PHD in the arts of triggering and misogyny.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Q: Am I an actual doctor?

A: Yes. I’m a bluepill neurosurgeon. I have an M.D. in female psychology and a PHD in the arts of triggering and misogyny.

If they understood so much about "female psychology" wouldn't they be rolling in pussy?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wow, FirstAidKite, you tapped into some straight up nasty. Like, seriously, turning on someone just because they provided sources and were politely discussing a topic? And that person was family? I'm sorry, man that's rough.

I bet they espouse 'traditional family values' as well.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FirstAidKite posted:

Bless you for trying but that sounds like an absolutely miserable person to ever have to interact with. Definitely better that she blocked you. (Sorry about your cat even though it was 3 years ago)

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Condolences my friend, join me in our collective weeping for humanity.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

Like, seriously, turning on someone just because they provided sources and were politely discussing a topic? And that person was family?

The first family block is always the hardest. One of my uncles posted a picture about how liberals hate soldiers because they want to cut military spending. My cousin was in the Marines at the time, he's one of the coolest people in my life, and he came back from Iraq with severe PTSD. I wasn't going to stand by and be accused of hating him. I replied by suggesting that maybe we don't need to spend so much on tanks and planes these days and could easily put that wasted money toward rehabilitation and veterans assistance and was blocked immediately.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FirstAidKite posted:

sorry about your cat

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

also i wanted to wish this friend happy birthday but then she looks like she isn't having a good time so maybe i shouldn't

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

posted on twitter by Sean Hannity with the comment "Journalism is DEAD IN AMERICA!"

china bot has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RaspberryCommie posted:

I dunno if this is the joke, but all of those things are on the X chromosome. The reason why those (mostly) affect men is because women have a second X chromosome that basically overrides the bad one, while men don't.

I know how sex-linked recessive disorders work, yeah. I guess the joke doesn't really work.