Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Anidav posted:

Trump for the Turbografix 16 was a weird platformer

You know, a 8 or 16 bit game starring Trump would not surprise me, hell they had California Raisins and the Noise back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/790934741843337216
https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/791041684096385025

e: I just realized it, but the classic "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat." thing works with both of them, of course.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 26, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

seiferguy posted:

I hate the Cubs and want nothing but misery for them especially since Cubs fans made the MLB thread unreadable, but then again, these are Cleveland fans:

https://twitter.com/PWSullivan/status/790999334720573448/photo/1

edit: in all fairness to Steve Bartman, he's been offered a lot of money to appear in commercials. But he's always turned them down to stay out of the public eye.
Yeah this is why I wishing for a meteor, because I'm still mad at what the Cubs did to the Pirates last year

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cleveland Clowns has a great ring to it. Just erase the feather and headband and change the skin tone to white and it's perfect.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I hate the Cubs and want nothing but misery for them especially since Cubs fans made the MLB thread unreadable, but then again, these are Cleveland fans:

https://twitter.com/PWSullivan/status/790999334720573448/photo/1

edit: in all fairness to Steve Bartman, he's been offered a lot of money to appear in commercials. But he's always turned them down to stay out of the public eye.

I feel like I've seen this guy in a star wars prequel...

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Trogdos! posted:

Uncle Zion wants your money

Does this rear end in a top hat even explain how he uses donation money to fight the people who have legitimate criticisms of Israel evil anti-Semites?
How does this dude use the money he gets? More propaganda I assume? Does anyone know?

:drat:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Here's another "Obamacare Bad" cartoon, and for once it's relating to what's in the news (they announced that the premiums are going up in 2017):

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah this is why I wishing for a meteor, because I'm still mad at what the Cubs did to the Pirates last year
Oh and the Cubs have completely ruined SAS MLB threads

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What are politicians "exempt" from with Obamacare? Are they allowed to go broke or just die, free from the tyrannical yoke of government forcing them to buy insurance if they can afford it or pay a fine?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

What are politicians "exempt" from with Obamacare? Are they allowed to go broke or just die, free from the tyrannical yoke of government forcing them to buy insurance if they can afford it or pay a fine?
Members of congress get access to some really sweet subsidized insurance... as do all federal workers

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

No they get a health care package as part of their total compensation and therefore do not have to buy a plan on the exchange. If you are an intellectually dishonest GOP pol you say they are exempt because Obamacare bad!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

kaschei posted:

Members of congress get access to some really sweet subsidized insurance... as do all federal workers

Members of congress are the only people in the united states that were, by law, kicked off their employer's insurance program and forced to buy off the exchange. But since they got to keep the employer subsidy, they're clearly exempt from the law.

Shillary posted:

No they get a health care package as part of their total compensation and therefore do not have to buy a plan on the exchange. If you are an intellectually dishonest GOP pol you say they are exempt because Obamacare bad!

Republicans inserted a poison pill saying congress had to use the exchanges, hoping the Dems would object and they could use this as a point against the ACA. It backfired as Dems were fine with it.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I don't know who this "Ack Ward" person is, so I'm just going to pretend it says "CATTLE FUTURES" since I can't find it anywhere else.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

After The War posted:

I don't know who this "Ack Ward" person is, so I'm just going to pretend it says "CATTLE FUTURES" since I can't find it anywhere else.

I think that's supposed to be "awkward" on two lines.

Nah!!
Jan 5, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

e: I just realized it, but the classic "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat." thing works with both of them, of course.

Where does "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat" come from. I've loved it for ages but have never know how it got started. I feel like it's the sophisticated version of adding "in bed" to a fortune cookie.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Svenator posted:

Where does "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat" come from. I've loved it for ages but have never know how it got started. I feel like it's the sophisticated version of adding "in bed" to a fortune cookie.

New Yorker used to do these caption contests, where they would take an old cartoon, remove the original dialogues, and ask readers to send in their own words to go with it.

Somebody found that writing "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat" works on most New Yorker cartoons, and it became a meme.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I think that's supposed to be "awkward" on two lines.

S'posed to be, but it ain't.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Wait, help me out. Is this anti-Clinton?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What's in the wagon? A baby?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yes ... ha ha ha! Yes! There's the Ramirez "my candidate is obviously going to lose so I better point out how bad they are in comparison" pre-election cartoon!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

If there are people like this, then I 100% guarantee you there are far more people who'd say "I know nothing about the issues, but I don't think a woman should be president."

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Yes ... ha ha ha! Yes! There's the Ramirez "my candidate is obviously going to lose so I better point out how bad they are in comparison" pre-election cartoon!
Do you know the rules of Russian roulette?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ah. Hmm.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's better 6 bullets are better than 3 in a gunfight, An Old West Cartoon

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

kaschei posted:

What's in the wagon? A baby?

His own third party candidate - "Nun of the Above." A penguin dressed as a nun.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pakled posted:

If there are people like this, then I 100% guarantee you there are far more people who'd say "I know nothing about the issues, but I don't think a woman should be president."

I'm pretty sure that "low-information voters" skew Republican for basically any reasonable definition of "low-information."

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

kaschei posted:

Note that, on the Trump gun, there are 3 guns (out of 6) loaded. On the Clinton gun, all six are filled.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Low information voters merely wanting to vote for Clinton because she's a woman are a largely nonexistent, overhyped phenomenon, not unlike the scary clowns. AGC.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Those guns seem oddly detailed down to minor mechanical differences that Ramirez doesn't normally bother drawing. I wonder if those are actually specific models (if nothing else, they were probably drawn from reference images) with some kind of buried joke about what kind of gun each candidate is.

That's probably giving Ramirez too much credit, though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

kaschei posted:

It's Ramirez. He's trying to say "Yeah, Trump may be bad, but Clinton is way worse! You'll regret this!" but he sucks at symbolism.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote of conscience.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Picnic Princess posted:

It's Ramirez. He's trying to say "Yeah, Trump may be bad, but Clinton is way worse! You'll regret this!" but he sucks at symbolism.

While I disagree with the message, I think this is a pretty good metaphor. He's saying choosing a president is always a risk, but with Trump there's a fifty-fifty chance things go well, while Clinton is guaranteed to be a disaster. I'd say that's dead wrong, but it's a pretty good way to deliver the idea.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Voyager I posted:

Those guns seem oddly detailed down to minor mechanical differences that Ramirez doesn't normally bother drawing. I wonder if those are actually specific models (if nothing else, they were probably drawn from reference images) with some kind of buried joke about what kind of gun each candidate is.

That's probably giving Ramirez too much credit, though.

Can openers.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Jurgan posted:

While I disagree with the message, I think this is a pretty good metaphor. He's saying choosing a president is always a risk, but with Trump there's a fifty-fifty chance things go well, while Clinton is guaranteed to be a disaster. I'd say that's dead wrong, but it's a pretty good way to deliver the idea.

On the other hand, if America forces their opponents to take the first shot, it's a guaranteed success. A surprisingly pro-Clinton cartoon.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote of conscience.

YEAH BUT IT'S STILL A VOTE FOR AN EVIL HURR BLURR IDEOLOGICAL PURITY

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, I really hate Prickly City. Every time I see "Hunny Bunny" I think, "Oh, that's kind of cute," and want to read it, and it's always awful. The guy's arguing with a completely imaginary version of Hillary to show how terrible she is, despite nothing that's happened in the strip lately having any connection to reality, and is really smug about it for some reason.

Also, as people pointed out before, the "white man writing a female POC as a mouthpiece for his views" thing is pretty disgusting.

It's not the worst strip in this thread or anything, but how utterly pathetic the whole thing is really struck me. It's like the comic is a way for the author to win all the arguments he can't in reality.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Roland Jones posted:

It's not the worst strip in this thread or anything, but how utterly pathetic the whole thing is really struck me. It's like the comic is a way for the author to win all the arguments he can't in reality.

I think you may have just summed up the overwhelming majority of the comics in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

the comic is a way for the author to win all the arguments he can't in reality.

At least with Kelly that's the whole drat point.

• Locked thread