Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
seems a bit strange after all the goings on but i'm gonna buy one of those $750 polaris from cris robberts to help out lowtax like he asked

edit: tax

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

same old poo poo from before. still hearing about brno and refactoring, but eightace said that was dead so who knows

someone new keeps hitting me up to sell some info for $2500 thru venmo but I don't care and think its p creepy and most likely a troll

lol at paying money for an inside scoop on CIG. I'm getting soaked in this downpour, please sir, let me buy your thimble of water.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

MeLKoR posted:

I can believe the second point seeing as how the only posts he left in the thread where those defending the pedo. As I said, these people are scum.
Is he a Trekkie?

Of course he loving is

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

I can believe the second point seeing as how the only posts he left in the thread where those defending the pedo. As I said, these people are scum.

More like "innocent until proven guilty, victim thereafter"

Honestly though is anyone actually surprised that reddiots defend the child rapist

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CrazyTolradi posted:

Is he a Trekkie?

Of course he loving is

What, this guy?

Naaaah

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I was talking about Jester86, who it turns out is a Trekkie as well. Like, jfc, that really is a red flag these days.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Imagine being Fuzzy "pedophile" Modem in 25 years time, getting out of prison with your resized rear end in a top hat only to find your very best friend in the world's husband's videogamemovie is still not out.

p.s., I'm skipping pages due to insane levels of busy, sorry if I Archered that joke.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

You forgot to mention that Seraph has convictions for sexually assaulting his underage cousin.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

CrazyTolradi posted:

I was talking about Jester86, who it turns out is a Trekkie as well. Like, jfc, that really is a red flag these days.

I can never believe how well that saying maps to people who're accused of child molestation. Why is there such a link?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

I can never believe how well that saying maps to people who're accused of child molestation. Why is there such a link?

Milky Moor posted:

I'm not a psychologist, but I think it really just comes down to the escapism Star Trek offers these people. Look at how the hard core Trek fans do up their living rooms into loving starship bridges and crap. What other group of fans that we know of like to do their living rooms basements up as the insides of spaceships?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You should see the hosed up people who RP in Star Trek Online.

E.g:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjjuml7HOMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffu3pyqe8_U&t=52s

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Aleth posted:

You should see the hosed up people who RP in Star Trek Online.

E.g:

I will never, ever get tired of the sheer number of people blatantly doing weird BDSM/slave RP in MMOs that just aren't built for it. Come on, Star Trek Online? But I've seen it in both Champions Online and Neverwinter, so, I imagine it's basically a constant.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

I will never, ever get tired of the sheer number of people blatantly doing weird BDSM/slave RP in MMOs that just aren't built for it. Come on, Star Trek Online? But I've seen it in both Champions Online and Neverwinter, so, I imagine it's basically a constant.
Cybersexing in WoW was apparently a thing on RP servers, I seriously don't get that but whatever lol.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

HairyManling posted:

Did you think about this at all before posting?

I guess I'll stop asking questions about things I don't know. :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fuzzy Modem doesn't represent the SC community any more than Caro represents Something Awful. What he does represent is a horribly hosed up situation where a child was victimized over the course of several years, and a ridiculously unfortunate affiliation to CIG given how visible he was and how much he espoused a friendship with the executive team.

Personally I am far more amused by the possibility of Sandi finding out about this via Derek (and the subsequent epic shitstorm).

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

alphabettitouretti posted:

You forgot to mention that Seraph has convictions for sexually assaulting his underage cousin.

Got any links/screenshots? I just kinda threw whatever i could find on there.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Chris has got the lead composer to redo the main musical theme for Star Citizen again.

It's now in A Minor

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fuzzy Modem doesn't represent the SC community any more than Caro represents Something Awful. What he does represent is a horribly hosed up situation where a child was victimized over the course of several years, and a ridiculously unfortunate affiliation to CIG given how visible he was and how much he espoused a friendship with the executive team.

Personally I am far more amused by the possibility of Sandi finding out about this via Derek (and the subsequent epic shitstorm).

Caro does represent us though

:downs911:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
There really should be a :downs911: imo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Caro does represent us though

:downs911:

Oh. I missed that memo.

Carry on.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

gently caress this goddamn company, the people who defend it and anyone that supports it

:same:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm sure he'll get right on that in 20/25 years.

:reddit:

spacetoaster posted:

Got any links/screenshots? I just kinda threw whatever i could find on there.
All I have is this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The difference between our community and the cultist at CIG is that we all told Caro to please calm the gently caress down and not go into a literal warzone, whereas the cultists will defend anyone within their community even if they sexually assault children.

The entire point of Derek making the blog post was to watch the vermin swarm in to protect literal scum. For gently caress sake its so obvious why do they fall for it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

CrazyTolradi posted:

Cybersexing in WoW was apparently a thing on RP servers, I seriously don't get that but whatever lol.

Eh, cybersexing is one thing. Never been my cup of tea, but there's basically that and then there's the ever-increasing prevalence of slave-master RP.

These guys are dense as gently caress. Fuzzy advertised his real name all over the place. I'm pretty sure it was in his Spacebattles profile. Hell, if you Google "Fuzzy Modem" the first result is "Concepts and Promotional Art by Shawn Weixelman" and the next one is his Spacebattles profile advertising that he's from Alaska. That's not doxxing - that's entry-level Google work! People these days don't have any idea what it actually meant to doxx someone. They should take the lesson from this that I learned years ago - don't leave a goddamn Internet footprint, least of all one that's as easy to find as using your goddamn real name.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Let's be completely honest here, Caro is - in a strange hosed up way - a bit of an inspiration, y'know, going after your dreams without any care as to how realistic or dangerous they are. It still amazes me that he's actually loving alive.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

MeLKoR posted:

I'm sure he'll get right on that in 20/25 years.

Someone did tip him, this thread, which was preceded by, and likely itself tipped by a Youtube comment made 2 months before, informed by a public news article from 3 months ago.

Sorry about doxxing a person from a news article who was publicly known from both CIG's own marketing media, and from general Star Citizen social media posts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
does anyone know the cross section size between Commandos and Trump voters?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Dunno but I reckon the Venn diagram for Star Citizens, Redditors, Star Trek fans, Bitcoin enthusiasts and kiddy fiddlers is just a circle.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Hey did Lazrin come back and continue to explain hand crafted instanced procedurally generated asset creation ? When it comes to tech and game development that guy knows his poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm pretty sure a lot of them are on SS disability/social assistance so they probably aren't big Trump supporters.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

All I have is this.

I've got the top one posted there. What's the other one? I would prefer to post something more concrete than an AV.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EightAce posted:

Hey did Lazrin come back and continue to explain hand crafted instancesd procedurally generated asset creation ? When it comes to tech and game development that guy knows his poo poo

No, he came back and tried to derail the outrage train.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I've got the top one posted there. What's the other one? I would prefer to post something more concrete than an AV.

That was the AV he was given by the bitcoin thread people on one of his many re-regs. I don't have the link to the original post where he was outed.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

That was the AV he was given by the bitcoin thread people on one of his many re-regs. I don't have the link to the original post where he was outed.

Yeah, the Bitcoin thread found his record and awarded him that av. The link to the relevant part of the bitcoin discussion is buried somewhere in the bowels of an old Star Citizen megathread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yeah, the Bitcoin thread found his record and awarded him that av. The link to the relevant part of the bitcoin discussion is buried somewhere in the bowels of an old Star Citizen megathread.

Ack. Well. We know. That should be enough.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The difference between our community and the cultist at CIG is that we all told Caro to please calm the gently caress down and not go into a literal warzone, whereas the cultists will defend anyone within their community even if they sexually assault children.

The entire point of Derek making the blog post was to watch the vermin swarm in to protect literal scum. For gently caress sake its so obvious why do they fall for it.

Milky Moor posted:

Let's be completely honest here, Caro is - in a strange hosed up way - a bit of an inspiration, y'know, going after your dreams without any care as to how realistic or dangerous they are. It still amazes me that he's actually loving alive.

I take it all back. Tijuana Bibliophile is right.

We are all Caro.

Caro is all of us.

BRB going to perform combat surgery in a warzone. Do Syrian prisons have wifi?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ben would've rushed to his defense but he got jewed in Star Marine Ben can't rush ANYWHERE.

FTFY.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We are all Caro.

Caro is all of us.

Probably not, or we'd have heard from Caro sooner :v:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Look, keeping two or more code branches will allow CIG to release 3.0 in 2016 even if 2.6 is still not done. They may even release 3.2 before 3.1!

And... AND each branch can be in its own timezone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We are all Caro.

Caro is all of us.

Well I'm gonna get a phone plan with fixed-price roaming just to be safe

• Locked thread