Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
So this thread sprung up on Reddit recently (and digging it up made my hand spell like poo).

quote:

Anti-GG and SomethingAwful moderator Lowtax throws temper tantrum on Twitter after getting BTFO by Notch

Reddit having zero awareness of the fact that no one should be taking Lowtax seriously, ever, ever.
Now let's check some comments, shall we?

quote:

I love it. That embarrassing rant is so emblematic of SA's self-importance and entitlement. Like he probably honestly does believe that he deserves royalties because SA had a giant thread on Minecraft.

We loving made you, you nobody. Where would you be without the influence of the SomethingAwful forums? We invented LPs and 4chan and all those other things we hate now! We're important! We didn't pay 10bux to not be acknowledged as the humorous tastemakers we know we are! Haven't you plebs heard of Eve? My ironic political hot takes get retweeted like you wouldn't believe!

Goons in 2016 LUL
:jerkbag:

quote:

Ahh yeah Lowtax. The name says it all. Anything that might have some resemblance or reference to a post or comment on somethingawful should get taxed and given to Richard "everyone owes me something" Kyanka.

Apparently there isn't enough money to be made from banning the same trolls every other day for years on end on his not pretty loving irrelevant "but we still do photoshop phriday" website.

quote:

Oh SomethingAwful.com, how the mighty have fallen. Lowtax included.

Used to frequent that sight during the heyday of its popularity. General Discussion was lively with rigorous debates on issues along with movies.

Then I noticed how much of a hard-left circlejerk it was in addition to accepting misandrist views on men and Men's Issues. (Yeah, just try and start a thread there on Men's Issues. Not only would it be labeled garbage, you'd get transferred to their supposed parody forum that exists only to poke fun at and ridicule the poster.)

You know what, I hope Lowtax's whole enterprise dies. Because I'm now remembering how the majority of the users were lowlifes that didn't think twice doxxing and lambasting other low-lifes in another sub-forum created explicitly for that purpose before it got shut-down.
:jerkbag:

quote:

All SA gave minecraft is a lot of players' unprotected worlds to grief. gently caress the goons.
Please do. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty accurate

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm insulted

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how many of those redditors are permabanned posters

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I love how pissy they are about one of the few Internet communities that don't smell like alt-right pedo fap socks. How dare we exist.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Men's Issues. Is that like when you accidentally wear black shoes with a brown belt?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Chief McHeath posted:

Men's Issues. Is that like when you accidentally wear black shoes with a brown belt?

No, more like when you have to wait in a queue to cash in your man privilege check money.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Chief McHeath posted:

black brogues :argh:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

also, getting your dick caught in the zipper

women have it good

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I have something for all those basic as gently caress redditors :flip:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Reddit. :grin:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

:prepop:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

CharlestonJew posted:

how many of those redditors are permabanned posters

Checks out.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

paul_soccer10 posted:

pretty accurate

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the world is so unfair to men :cry: save me, reddit!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Reddit should realize that we are not so different. They have r/The_Donald and we have a Trump thread in C-SPAM. It's like, whoa, what is happening here? Long lost brothers? Haha, could you imagine?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Knight posted:

Reddit should realize that we are not so different. They have r/The_Donald and we have a Trump thread in C-SPAM. It's like, whoa, what is happening here? Long lost brothers? Haha, could you imagine?

I personally, think Reddit is turds. But thats just me! :shrug:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Lowtax's is just salty about not patenting Let's Play back in the day!

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lowtax's laundry list of missed opportunities just adds to the general air of comedy on these here comedy forums

heh!

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
This is the technological frontier and we're two retarded digital tribes flinging poo poo and rocks at each other

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The replies to those tweets are great because they're all banned obsessives who freak out at Lowtax every time he tweets or people who loving love playing the cyber blocks game and desperately defend notch's honor at every opportunity.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I personally, think Reddit is turds. But thats just me! :shrug:

yeah i don't like that posts get ordered by how popular they are. i don't like that if something gets downvoted into the negatives, it gets pushed to the bottom and i have to click a little plus sign to view it. why the truck can't the posts just be in order so i can read them holy moly.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Reddit exists to show us all how unfunny an internet community can be if there's no way for anyone to say "enough of this poo poo"

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

scott zoloft posted:

yeah i don't like that posts get ordered by how popular they are. i don't like that if something gets downvoted into the negatives, it gets pushed to the bottom and i have to click a little plus sign to view it. why the truck can't the posts just be in order so i can read them holy moly.

You can do that by clicking 2 things.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Keg posted:

Yeah, but it's still the case that everyone is posting to be the stupid unfunny joke that floats to the top of the toilet bowl

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Keg posted:

there is about to be two clicks, me clicking you and you clicking the floor.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

*clutches pearls*

oh my stars!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
But what does Something Sensitive think of all this?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

This is the technological frontier and we're two retarded digital tribes flinging poo poo and rocks at each other

im getting high as gently caress personally

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

heh i like how these poors complain about reg cost

-- Posted from my Ferrari

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm anti-GG as well, though I don't really know what that means

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

call center manager posted:

I love how pissy they are about one of the few Internet communities that don't smell like alt-right pedo fap socks. How dare we exist.

After being thrown out of Somethingawful I tried posting on 4chan, but it was somehow worse so I was forced to beg for forgiveness.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Michael Bayleaf posted:

anti good game?!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Michael Bayleaf posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I too enjoy eschewing multiplayer online game etiquette by refusing to say "good game" to the other team in allchat

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Mimecraft sounds like a fun game. When is it out?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

r/kotakuinaction is the only webpage i ever visit. mens rights advocates plus taking video games v. seriously plus finding women on twitter to insult. what else is there in life?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Keg posted:

it's not the same if it's not formatted the same for everyone. if i buy a copy of harry potter and the chamber of secrets in the correct order, and then you buy a copy where the chapters are in order of how cool they are, we aren't going to be reading the same story. your book is going to be about a little british boy getting shown a magic trick and then ending up in the snake basement and then escaping to do homework.

i don't appreciate your reddit apologist attitude in the face of something obviously very hosed up and wrong.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a bone to pick posted:

But what does Something Sensitive think of all this?

Is that like the lepers colony that became sentient and created its own forum of permabanned misanthropes and malcontents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

:iamafag:

• Locked thread