Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

Early on Dark Side was ahead which was probably everyone knocking out the DS5 part of the Legendary level of the event, but after that Light Side's been steadily ahead. SWTOR forums were funny with those who kept choosing DS for all thier toons getting mad at the likelihood no matter how many DS choices they took, they'd still be getting the Chiss Jedi.

Who you clearly won't be able to dress up as a Sith and give red lightsabers to, just like I totally wasn't able to make Guss into a sith-wannabe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aleth posted:

Who you clearly won't be able to dress up as a Sith and give red lightsabers to, just like I totally wasn't able to make Guss into a sith-wannabe.

That'll be the biggest shame, she comes with two defiant vented lightsabers and I'm guessing completely unmoddable. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Am I wrong for thinking Chapter X was pointlessly padded with too much combat? This chapter feels like it never ends, it's just so poorly paced compared to the others.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

That'll be the biggest shame, she comes with two defiant vented lightsabers and I'm guessing completely unmoddable. :(

Just buy her two modifiable ones off of the exchange then!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Just buy her two modifiable ones off of the exchange then!

Well I was thinking of others, I have it. :D. Caught one at 35 million.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Well I was thinking of others, I have it. :D. Caught one at 35 million.

If you're talking vented yeah I snatched up half a dozen or so for 20-30 and managed to flip them for at least double.

They're reliably 100+ on Harby now...not sure if they're actually selling though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

If you're talking vented yeah I snatched up half a dozen or so for 20-30 and managed to flip them for at least double.

They're reliably 100+ on Harby now...not sure if they're actually selling though.

I can't wait to see the ridiculous inflation at 5.0 when comms and crystals become credits.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, from that Amazon bundle + subscription (from the bundle), i have now like 3k cartel coins.

What are some good things to have that i can buy? Besides Torluka race and maybe HK-51?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

madstrike posted:

So, from that Amazon bundle + subscription (from the bundle), i have now like 3k cartel coins.

What are some good things to have that i can buy? Besides Torluka race and maybe HK-51?

Rocket Boost if you don't already have it. Other than that I'd refrain from spending them just to spend them - I recommend only using cartel coins to unlock weapons/armor/toys/etc. in collections that you want to share with other characters. That's the only thing in the game that you cannot use credits to buy, whether from the GTN or directly.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Medullah posted:

Rocket Boost if you don't already have it. Other than that I'd refrain from spending them just to spend them - I recommend only using cartel coins to unlock weapons/armor/toys/etc. in collections that you want to share with other characters. That's the only thing in the game that you cannot use credits to buy, whether from the GTN or directly.

Can you buy the account-wide Treek unlock from the GTN? Is Treek worth buying?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

MC Nietzche posted:

IIRC Treek's main gimmick was being able to do all three roles, and all companions do that now. I think. I didn't play when Treek came out and don't have that companion now.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MC Nietzche posted:

Treek is a little murderous furball that can keep you alive very well highly recommended

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MC Nietzche posted:

No, that's a collections unlock so it's cartel coin only.

Is it worth it? Treek is nowhere near the overpowered companion from when she was first released. So now it's only worth it if -

A) You really want an Ewok companion

B) You have, or plan on, having many alts and being a serious crafter. Treek becomes available at level 10, and is able to craft/go on crafting missions. Some classes don't get their second companion till late in the game (Agent) so having an additional companion at low levels allows you to level crafting quicker

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Are subs getting a 'new' lvl65 character token with the next xpac?

As in, i have a lvl60 one...should i use it before the xpac comes out so that i can get a new one?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

madstrike posted:

Are subs getting a 'new' lvl65 character token with the next xpac?

As in, i have a lvl60 one...should i use it before the xpac comes out so that i can get a new one?

I am 80% sure they said l60 tokens are getting upgraded to 65s.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I am 80% sure they said l60 tokens are getting upgraded to 65s.

Yeah any unused tokens will convert to 65s. Those are tokens purchased from the GTN or cartel market that are in your inventory.

The question is whether used slots that haven't had characters created yet will be upgraded to 65s.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey it's "Hit conquest with every toon" week because I'm a mat hoarder and hitting conquest takes 5 invasion forces!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So as I'm leveling my second DvL guy it seems like it'll be pretty doable to get to the Eternal tier. One part that's kind of got me wondering though, so I figured I'd ask, is how doable the Ops and world bosses are? Can you solo the ops? I've managed to never do neither in the times I've played since release.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

dreffen posted:

So as I'm leveling my second DvL guy it seems like it'll be pretty doable to get to the Eternal tier. One part that's kind of got me wondering though, so I figured I'd ask, is how doable the Ops and world bosses are? Can you solo the ops? I've managed to never do neither in the times I've played since release.

You need to be in a group of 8 for operations, they all scale up to 65. Easiest thing to do is join a group forming on fleet when the operation you need is on group finder.

World bosses you can get away with a smaller group as long as people are geared and know their class and the fight. That said, your best bet there is to hang out in fleet on a Friday or Saturday, generally world boss groups form, I would assume a bit more often as the final weeks tick down for the event.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

dreffen posted:

I'm hoping that I'll still be able to hit Eternal if I start in early November. Eternal seems relatively easy overall? Blitz to 65 on two dudes, do Revan and KOTFE on one of them do a bunch of Flashpoints and hit Valor 5. Seems simple on its surface.

Legendary is pretty involved but I'm not worried about that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah total time invested getting a character to 65, doing SoR and KOTFE is going to be about 10-15 hours depending on how often you space bar through stuff.

The flashpoints are all solo or tactical version. If you do the SoR prelude and all of SoR that's 6 of the required flashpoints right there. When you get to doing tacticals for the event, you can queue for specific ones.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm hoping that I'll still be able to hit Eternal if I start in early November. Eternal seems relatively easy overall? Blitz to 65 on two dudes, do Revan and KOTFE on one of them do a bunch of Flashpoints and hit Valor 5. Seems simple on its surface.

Legendary is pretty involved but I'm not worried about that.

Yeah that's where I think I'll stop, but I figured I'd ask about the ops and world boss stuff in case I make a push for Legendary. That and... the hard mode flash point one. Those seem like the biggest potential pains.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 26, 2016

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

dreffen posted:

Yeah that's where I think I'll stop, but I figured I'd ask about the ops and world boss stuff in case I make a push for Legendary. That and... the hard mode flash point one. Those seem like the biggest potential pains.

If you want to do the HM flashpoint one, the best advice I can give is queue to go as a tank or healer. The queue times as a dps are going to make it impossible to complete before December. That, or take a premade group of four, if you have an active guild or some friends.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

Yeah total time invested getting a character to 65, doing SoR and KOTFE is going to be about 10-15 hours depending on how often you space bar through stuff.

The flashpoints are all solo or tactical version. If you do the SoR prelude and all of SoR that's 6 of the required flashpoints right there. When you get to doing tacticals for the event, you can queue for specific ones.

Yeah, I knocked out like seven during prime time last night in just a couple of hours by filtering to the non-solo ones I needed and they mostly went with out a hitch but I got pretty lucky with random groups until the last one I needed, Manaan (which has a solo but I'd been on such a roll I hoped I'd get it done quicker with a group and was...wrong and just went back and soloed it in ten minutes of blitzing it.)

Is there any tips for round 6 of eternal arena? I have Kaliyo at influence 50 on my lethality operative, and the first five rounds were a breeze but 6 was pretty tricky. Set on healer Kaliyo couldnt keep me and herself healed up long enough while the three bosses clumped on top of us, and on Tank I managed to do a bit better but still died before taking down the last boss.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, I knocked out like seven during prime time last night in just a couple of hours by filtering to the non-solo ones I needed and they mostly went with out a hitch but I got pretty lucky with random groups until the last one I needed, Manaan (which has a solo but I'd been on such a roll I hoped I'd get it done quicker with a group and was...wrong and just went back and soloed it in ten minutes of blitzing it.)

Is there any tips for round 6 of eternal arena? I have Kaliyo at influence 50 on my lethality operative, and the first five rounds were a breeze but 6 was pretty tricky. Set on healer Kaliyo couldnt keep me and herself healed up long enough while the three bosses clumped on top of us, and on Tank I managed to do a bit better but still died before taking down the last boss.

Are you doing it for the DvL? You can do it with a friend if so.

If you're trying to ACTUALLY do it, you have to actually manage your companion a bit - put them on passive mode to move them out of circles, directing them to attack certain mobs, etc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Digging the Vectron Locust, Non-Entity. :D

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Berke Negri posted:

Do not use a ranged companion for round 6. The safest way is to use a melee companion set on heal mode, send them after one of the adds while you personally kite the boss and the other add around the outside of the room (Corrosive Dart should be enough to keep them away from your healer). Kill the boss first then your add, then finish off the add your companion has been tanking. Don't be afraid to use the medical stations or Heroic Moment.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

When can I get these?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You can see Tatooine's binary sunset reflected in the chrome.

I bought 4 hypercrates today. No regrets!

I also got Senya's lightsaber, but not the pike. I'll probably try to sell it right away while the price is crazy high and sit on the money until the pike gets cheaper. Which it might never.

So nonentity, you can just say $100 of your next paycheck was from me. Merry Christmas.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You can see Tatooine's binary sunset reflected in the chrome.

I bought 4 hypercrates today. No regrets!

I also got Senya's lightsaber, but not the pike. I'll probably try to sell it right away while the price is crazy high and sit on the money until the pike gets cheaper. Which it might never.

So nonentity, you can just say $100 of your next paycheck was from me. Merry Christmas.

So you bought a lot of Hypercrates, the good news is you probably got almost everything else and you should be able to sell the extra stuff at largely inflated prices, because boy howdy is nothing on the GTN cheap right now. :D

Bad news is...inflation will only get worse with the expansion, depending on what the conversion ratio of crystals/comms to credits is. :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You can't blame the Brits and Brexit for this one.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Aleth posted:

You can blame Darth Brexit for this one.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Digging the Vectron Locust, Non-Entity. :D

Thanks much, I really enjoyed doing that one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't understand Hypercrates, why can't I just buy what I want individually? :/ I only want the pets and mounts.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I said come in! posted:

I don't understand Hypercrates, why can't I just buy what I want individually? :/ I only want the pets and mounts.

Every time I get another XP boost that I'll never use, I shake my fist in anger at the SWTOR gods. :doom:

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
So a handful of friends and I want to try and grab a guild flagship to personally abuse as we gallivant across the galaxy. As someone who started playing a week or two ago, 50m seems like a bit of a hurdle to get to. Any advice on endgame activities that would maximize time/effort to get those sweet sweet credits? Looking online has stuff that seems largely outdated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Instead of playing, do some overtime or a side job and buy crates to sell.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Aphrodite posted:

Instead of playing, do some overtime or a side job and buy crates to sell.

How exactly does the Cartel Coins -> Credits system work exactly? Are there things that just straight up sell better than others? Which creates do you mean specifically? The only that I've interacted with are the DvL ones.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Then buy the hypercrates, sell them on the GTN and buy the stuff you want from there with your millions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Here I'll rephrase your question -

"I don't understand why Bioware wants us spending $20+ in game for a chance at what I want rather than just allowing us to spend $3 to buy the item outright!"

:)

Deofuta posted:

So a handful of friends and I want to try and grab a guild flagship to personally abuse as we gallivant across the galaxy. As someone who started playing a week or two ago, 50m seems like a bit of a hurdle to get to. Any advice on endgame activities that would maximize time/effort to get those sweet sweet credits? Looking online has stuff that seems largely outdated.

I'd really ask yourself why do you want the guildship - make sure you understand what it actually does. Really the only advantages to having a guildship are -

a) Conquest bonuses if you do Conquest events
b) The ability to summon someone to your location instead of the 10 minutes it would take them to get there normally.
c) Park ship at areas not normally easily accessible (Ziost is about the only one now)

• Locked thread