Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Black in the game does say "With this body, I can do anything". So it seems like they knew something about where the storyline was going in some capacity while making the game.

Does he have Super Saiyan Rose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kelp Plankton posted:

Does he have Super Saiyan Rose?

Not yet, it's in the first dlc pack

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Darko posted:

So just like their second to last fight then.
Pretty much.

Vegeta probably wins if he outlasts SSB Kaioken x10.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Through a fluke Future Yajirobe will become Future Universe 7's Future God of Destruction.

You really don't want to power up somebody who eats like that

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

projecthalaxy posted:

Not yet, it's in the first dlc pack

Oh cool, so Preorder Bonus is just start of arc Black while the DLC will be Super Saiyan Pink variant with actual different poo poo going for him?

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah, probably. SSB Goku and Vegeta are completely separate characters from their normal forms, so Rose will probably be treated the same way.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It is a clever way to keep them from having to explain why they can't give SSJ Blue/Rose/WhateverColor to players- just don't make it a skill.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

It is a clever way to keep them from having to explain why they can't give SSJ Blue/Rose/WhateverColor to players- just don't make it a skill.

Well, not yet anyway. Maybe Xen 3, but you just got SS3 for players in this game, guys! We're working on it if you keep this series profitable!

Although, depending on how Fusions does, maybe we'll get a 1-5 or non-canon six member fusion dance special transformation with co-op.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 26, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
When we get Rose Black we will likely also get Zamasu and maybe Merged Zamasu.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fusion Zamasu is for sure going to be in if we're getting DLC based on this new saga, he's going to be the most popular villain the series has had since Cell

People love fusions like nothing else and this one is half god half Goku. The perfect storm

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is there anything more pathetic than crying "troll" when someone doesn't like what you like?

Only Vegeta.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I'd be keener for Xenoverse DLC if it was ever on sale or cheaper than $20

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Is there anything more pathetic than crying "troll" when someone doesn't like what you like?

Only Vegeta.

It's okay to not like things, but you are a bit of a dick about the things you don't like.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is Dr. Gero playable in Xenoverse 2 because if he's not I still don't care.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We were all having a perfectly civil discussion about the merits of Vegeta's continued existence before the thread police showed up accusing upstanding posters of "trolling".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No, he is not.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

alcharagia posted:

Is Dr. Gero playable in Xenoverse 2 because if he's not I still don't care.

Yes. At the very least all characters from Xenoverse should be in Xenoverse 2.

Pureauthor posted:

No, he is not.
???!!!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mordaedil posted:

Yes. At the very least all characters from Xenoverse should be in Xenoverse 2.

???!!!!

Unless I'm misremembering, he wasn't playable in that either. Neither was 16 or 19, though I'm fairly confident 16 is in this one. I'm PC so I don't get to play until tomorrow. :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
How did I forget, they skipped half of the Android saga!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mordaedil posted:

How did I forget, they skipped half of the Android saga!

In the long run, it doesn't make sense for the villains to skip that.. If they had been able to kill Trunks when he was younger and less powerful, he wouldn't have been able to form the Time Patrol, and then their plans would have probably worked.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hopefully the next game won't bother retreading the tedious Saiyan and Namek sagas for the thousandth time and focus on the classic Garlick Jr. and Android adventures instead.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Hopefully they go through the entire series from the beginning with Vegeta as the leader of the Ginyu Force.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

In the long run, it doesn't make sense for the villains to skip that.. If they had been able to kill Trunks when he was younger and less powerful, he wouldn't have been able to form the Time Patrol, and then their plans would have probably worked.

The villains try that multiple times.

The also try to screw up the wish Trunks makes so the first-gen protagonist never gets summoned.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wow I didn't realize xenoverse 2 was out already. is it any good?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

the same but a lot more and slightly better than 1 basically.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Xenoverse 2 is basically a glorified expansion pack, especially if you have the DLC from the first game. It's better than the first but honestly a pretty meh sequel because it boils down to "A couple of movies characters + user interface updates."

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Did they at least fix the horrible grinding that the first game had?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Some of it. Parallel Quests are less RNG (but still some RNG) and doing things like leveling up Masters is now super-insanely quick.

It's better than the first in almost every way but not in ways that feel significant. It's a lot of minor changes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sounds like something to wait for then. I'll probably get it when it's like $20, same as the first one

thanks

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Monaghan posted:

Its still functionally following a single player MMORPG mindset so grinding will always be there, but its a little less tedious and random.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So far I feel like it is a big improvement over the first game.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is the online less janky? In XV1, the servers were down for like the first month and it was impossible to play properly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
loving bullshit that dr. gero isn't playable. legit mad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So far I feel like it is a big improvement over the first game.

Same.
Mechanics are way better, story is better and sillier, a lot of bullshit grinding for basic stuff has been cut down. Still some dumb stuff that wasn't fixed like the scarcity of options for offline battles and the obtuse way custom character stats are presented. But I like it quite a bit.
Roster at launch could also be better too, some stuff that was conspicuously absent in the first game is still absent.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

alcharagia posted:

loving bullshit that dr. gero isn't playable. legit mad

Yet Frieza generic minions been in the games since the first one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought the story was super boring. The gave up entirely on having even the faintest interest in timeline deviations so everyone is just "Oh no, (X) is more powerful! Plus Turles/Slug/Cooler is here too!" The first game wasn't great at it but it at least tried. The second one they don't even come up with new stuff just "what if Radditz dodged the Special Beam Cannon... again!?"

Also the use of "Masked Saiyan" is so bizarrely pointless.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know, I remember the first game mostly having "oh this guy has the purple aura and is way stronger!!" as the change. So movie villain interference is a bit of a step up already. Granted I'm not that far into Xenoverse 2, so I don't know how it will all shake out.

I will say though, that there is a lot more they could be doing. Just look at those Dragonball Heroes scenes, that kinda of crazy stuff is what should be happening.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know, I remember the first game mostly having "oh this guy has the purple aura and is way stronger!!" as the change. So movie villain interference is a bit of a step up already. Granted I'm not that far into Xenoverse 2, so I don't know how it will all shake out.

The first game at least had excuses for why that power boost was significant and cutscenes to go with it. Xenoverse 2 only does that when it's literally recycling the cutscenes from the first game. Like the first didn't set a very high bar and X2 goes below that bar.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can't care because it's just a reason for your OC beating up Raditz.

Everything else is chaff.

• Locked thread