Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Unfortunately not but I've got a few pairs somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Vinyl Me Please's November release is from The Books and now I'm gonna join Vinyl Me Please.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

caligulamprey posted:

Vinyl Me Please's November release is from The Books and now I'm gonna join Vinyl Me Please.

I had never heard of them. Listened on Spotify and dug it. Good choice this month.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My guess regarding the delay on Licensed to Ill is that as the they've gotten older, they've seemed kind of ashamed of some of the stuff they've said on that album. My understanding is that other than "No Sleep Til' Brooklyn", they rarely played cuts off of that record. There was also a lawsuit between them and Rick Rubin (Rubin hosed them out of some money, quelle surprise), that might have had something to do with it.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

caligulamprey posted:

this is cool

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

For those of you in the Fort Worth area, the Doc's Records booth in the Montgomery Street Antique Mall currently has all LPs for a dollar and all 45s for 25 cents. I grabbed about 20 records there today, most of the selection is classic rock and country but they've got a fair selection of jazz, classic, and other stuff. It's a good chance to beef up your collection and try out some new artists. I believe the prices are for the antique mall's 20th anniversary sale, which only lasts until Sunday.

The Doc's Records main store is also pretty drat good if you haven't checked it out yet, I grabbed a punk compilation from there today as well.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My guess regarding the delay on Licensed to Ill is that as the they've gotten older, they've seemed kind of ashamed of some of the stuff they've said on that album. My understanding is that other than "No Sleep Til' Brooklyn", they rarely played cuts off of that record. There was also a lawsuit between them and Rick Rubin (Rubin hosed them out of some money, quelle surprise), that might have had something to do with it.

This wouldn't surprise me. Girls is all on that misogynistic poo poo and Brass Monkey has an instance of drugging a girls drink. I'm sure there's more, been a minute since I've listened to it. Besides we all know proper Beastie Boys really started at Pauls Boutique anyways.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Regretable lyrics aside, I still love the album. Paul Revere is probably my favorite single of theirs. Paul's Boutique gets praise because of how experimental and innovative it was (deservedly so), but Licensed to Ill had a lot of variety itself. Also, I don't know that you'll find a better sequence of six tracks on any of their other albums:

6. Girls
7. Fight for your right
8. No Sleep till Brooklyn
9. Paul Revere
10. Hold it now, hit it
11. Brass Monkey

It's commendable that they got away from the image they were putting out on MTV in that era, but this album was a very important release and should be treated as such.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 27, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The new Negativland album might be CD only, but you guys can appreciate novelty and

I'm pretty delighted.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Black Friday RSD list is out.

At first glance, seems to be another meh release. Highlight for me is Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics on vinyl.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

caligulamprey posted:

The new Negativland album might be CD only, but you guys can appreciate novelty and

I'm pretty delighted.
now you gotta snort it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That is an incredibly negativland thing to do

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Wasn't Licensed to Ill supposed to be a parody album?

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Allen Wren posted:

That is an incredibly negativland thing to do

If it were actually somebody else's ashes.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Ballz posted:

At first glance, seems to be another meh release. Highlight for me is Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics on vinyl.
Might be on board with the Soundgarden release. Was it ever released on vinyl or just a bonus CD to Badmotorfinger?

The lack of Bowie is a little unnerving for RSD. It seems like he's always had a place here. Not that I'm begging for an extended version of Blackstar (with the Lazarus tracks)...

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

HiipFire posted:

Wasn't Licensed to Ill supposed to be a parody album?

Yep, and the lesson was don't parody people too stupid to understand it's making fun of them because they'll take it at face value.

Still a good album.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Ballz posted:

How's this work? Just go shopping at a record store on Black Friday?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

How's this work? Just go shopping at a record store on Black Friday?

Pretty much. As long as the store is participating, it works just like the other RSD that happens in April.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That Angel Olsen/Steve Gunn split LP looks pretty alright, might try and get that.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

hatelull posted:

Pretty much. As long as the store is participating, it works just like the other RSD that happens in April.

Ugh I hate Black Friday with a passion but I might actually go out for this.

There's a couple of decent blues albums on there, particularly that Muddy Waters one. And I can grab Sesame Street for the kiddo.

And gently caress you if you don't get Bob and Doug McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas. :canada:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

It's not a terrible time. My experience is that the Black Friday RSD doesn't have a huge crowd draw as the normal RSD and it's certainly not a giant cluster tire gently caress fire like your average retail location Black Friday would be. A few of the locals here will do in-store shows and serve free beer.

I have my sights set on that Afghan Whigs re-release. Black Love is an excellent record.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

Peas and Rice posted:

And gently caress you if you don't get Bob and Doug McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas. :canada:

If you're a good Canadian you should have the original LP!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The only good things on that RSD list are Bob and Doug, Melt-Banana and GWAR.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

WaitsUp posted:

With the interactive interview in the liner notes!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I can't wait to get my hands on that picture disc single of Just What I Needed by the Cars.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Can't wait to get that H O T mlp release and put it on the shrine in my mom's basement.

maybe I'll buy a player too so I can listen to it, are those cool looking ones at target that have the fake wood paneling any good?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sorry, but anyone with video game soundtracks in their collection doesn't get to talk poo poo on MLP weirdos.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Enos Cabell posted:

Sorry, but anyone with video game soundtracks in their collection doesn't get to talk poo poo on MLP weirdos.

but my taste in culture is objectively better than theirs

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Um video games > mlp on the heirarchy of poo poo mountain

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I listen exclusively to hentai tentacle rape on picture disc, so my taste is unimpeachable.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Peas and Rice posted:

no broccoli please posted:

With the interactive interview in the liner notes!

WaitsUp posted:

Or maybe you're a U.S. citizen and played too much Beer Hunter and forgot you had a copy.

In other news. Been diggin' the deep discount AmazonUK stuff. Got this for $35 shipped and it rules.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

Yeah kind of my feeling re: Melt-Banana. I've more-or-less ignored RSD, but I love Melt-Banana. I have, I am pretty sure, everything they've released, so I can't imagine not getting this.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

caligulamprey posted:

Nobody ever appreciates the Italian library music and that makes me sad. But it also means I can just walk right in and pick them up or order overstock the day after.

Or hell, the Piero Umiliani record and this one: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24373691/amedeo-minghi-piero-montanari-roberto-conrado-climax-lp can just be straight-up pre-ordered at any time prior to Black Friday RSD.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

For any fans of The Caretaker, An Empty Bliss Beyond This World repress is going on sale tomorrow (oct 6th) at https://www.boomkat.com . Its been repressed a few times and every iterations selling for a hundo plus on discogs.

Has anyone in America received theirs yet? I have no sense of how long it will take this to arrive by cheap shipping and haven't seen anything yet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah mine came last week.

funk_mata
Nov 1, 2005

I'm hot for you and you're hot for me--ooka dooka dicka dee.
Clapping Larry
Mine hasn't come yet. I live on the U.S. west coast so figured it'd take a little longer.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
Gas boxset I'd asked for at my store is delayed a month :negative: So I bought a couple $$$$ low rent needle drops

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
good poo poo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Question about RSD Black Friday. This I my first time participating in one of these. There's only one LP I want. On the RSD site it says not all stores will carry all albums, which makes sense. I called one of my local stores today and they said they won't know what they are getting until right before the day itself. Is that right? I was hoping I could place an order for it or something to ensure they'd carry it.

How does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Usually they have some idea of what they will get, but not about everything, and most places sure won't hold anything for you (unless you happen to be friends with the owner, and then they will still say it violates the spirit of the experience, but then their wife yells at them because she and your wife are friends, and the record is one your wife wants)