Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

flowinprose posted:

It's a good thing, because supposedly the JP stuff was completely lovely, right?

No clue, I don't follow JP events closely enough. I suppose having a 6*+ version of a weird buggy evasion-pumpkin isn't the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Samba De Amigo posted:

Lucky Pull got my Kagenui, Kagenui, Flexible Arm, and Traitor's Bow.

I can't say I'm sad but I really would have liked one of those Kagenui to be something else, or to have been his BSB instead since I have every SB for him now except his BSB :negative:

Speaking of BSB's though I pulled my first BSB on Firion 2 with my dollar pull. I got Minwu's and from what I recall he actually has a really good BSB right? I haven't looked at it too much because I haven't been playing as much trying to get over my ocd depression of failing two CM's and missing the Ult+/Ult++ of FF7 event lol.

Pyroclasm is actually still very solid; I still use it time to time on MT fights despite having Ark Blast. It also means Vaan can give himself a 50% boost without resorting to Steal Power or Shout, too, so you can throw him into a Mage team if you really need to.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Yeah, I'm not gonna combine the hats. Serah would appreciate the extra +mag punch to go with her bow for sure when I'm running FFXIII dungeons and I can stick them on other mages for that quick +mag boost against tougher Ult missions.

Gonna combine the pumpkin though!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What are the stats on the pumpkin? I started this a bit after Halloween last year

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh hell yes. Jecht can easily reach 5 hits with lifebane, and only at level 66. I'm using dark bargain, shout and dragoon's determintion. Hell, I won't have to bother with bringing dark bargain if I use bach's apocalypse shield. Or I could just use the new monk 5* with celes' bsb as my rw or something. Looks like operation every realm (except 13) gets one monk with lifebane is go. I still have enough motes, as all I'm skipping is zell and snow. And maybe like, yang?

I only need a realm synergy weapon for all of them. Of which I might be serioulsy lacking in a handful of realms.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

What are the stats on the pumpkin? I started this a bit after Halloween last year

It's pretty average in terms of attack power, but the real bonus is that DeNA accidentally gave the pumpkin an evasion stat (around 90 iirc), which is something only armor is supposed to have. So you can equip it and give a party member an evasion stat of over 200, which lets you dodge fairly often. It's pretty cool.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

flowinprose posted:

It's a good thing, because supposedly the JP stuff was completely lovely, right?

Yeah, the new JP items are total poo poo, core synergy 4.5 star items with no SB. JP is getting the hat and pumpkin as well, though (rewards for utterly demolishing the goals in their Find The Kefkas minigame; original goal was 50k and we're at like 400k now with 4 days to go).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Oh also surprised I haven't seen this posted here yet:

:siren:World of Final Fantasy event was datamined for Global:siren:

Both the new realm symbol and the internal tag for the WOFF login bonus were mined. The login bonus starts on October 30th, so that's probably when the event will drop.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Last page:

KnoxZone posted:

So it looks like we are getting something related to WoFF on Sunday. Unknown if we are getting the full event or not.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm curious to see the banners for this event. It'd be weird to have a different set of relics for JP and Global, so we could be getting some pretty powerful stuff. Glad I'll have enough mythril for a pull by then.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
:hellyeah:

I'm ready for the FFXII now :getin: Fran's got 466 ATK with synergy. I really wish we got more +ATK armor in FF12 realms! DeNA! :argh: now to get more Rosetta Stones but I have a lot of stuff that can use them too.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Two shinies . . .

Orichalcum Dirk and Artemis Bow. :stare:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Wish I'd managed to snag one of Mog's items on this debuff banner; does he get something else on a future VI banner? He's pretty much the only character I'd "chase" a relic for, gotta love dancing cats.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
There was a Brass de Bravo Banner with GOLDFES that had an SSB for Mog, but if we don't get that we're waiting for the Celes OSB banner in about 6 months.

6 hits AoE Earth/Non-Elemental White Magic Damage with ATK/DEF down. Also an amazing animation.

https://youtu.be/XqStd7_II6k

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Finally beat the stupid CM. It's basically all luck if you don't have the real good soul breaks. You just gotta sleep the ogres and keep it on them, and hope Red Soul doesn't use a lot of AOE. I used Gordon as a second healer. I had no shared shellga, and needed a second healer so I used gordon for that with Curaga. Used no real support then. And I had no Flame Shield for Gordon either. The stuff I pulled was almost useless, though Leon's Defender gave me draw fire which helped just a little. Used Minus Strike and Magic Lure on him. With Firion just had sleep spells on him and kept spamming them. Came down to the last turn and I was worried since I hit sunfire instead of break or whatever I was gonna lose. But I won.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

pichupal posted:

There was a Brass de Bravo Banner with GOLDFES that had an SSB for Mog, but if we don't get that we're waiting for the Celes OSB banner in about 6 months.

6 hits AoE Earth/Non-Elemental White Magic Damage with ATK/DEF down. Also an amazing animation.

https://youtu.be/XqStd7_II6k

So that's why there aren't any moogles left in the World of Ruin.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Since it seems we're getting a free 25 mythril with Halloween and the lucky banner doesn't end until after that, I'll be waiting for that to pull on it. I'm actually pretty solid on breakdown SBs so it's not a rush for me. There is that very tiny chance of a Zidane relic though.

In the meanwhile I've been trying to mage meta the new Mote fight but it hasn't gone well. Having ExDeath's Grand Cross is a huge help though at least but it may take some effort to find a way to do this fight.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I now have 3 different blitzballs. My FFX backline synergy is something to be feared

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Suck it Mote Ogres

Don't regret my pull on banner 2, even if all it got me was two more Flame Shields and Leon's Defender, possibly the least useful items on the banner for this fight, it still made the difference.

Battle basically went Gordon opens with Kashuan's resolve to get damage up, then throws breakdowns at Red Soul hoping to build as much SB as possible. Firion fished for luck on Sleep Buster, which he got, before lifesiphoning Red Soul, and Leon sucked up all the attacks and built gauge on the soul. Maria threw out meteors while her magic was still high enough. Once the ogres woke up it was go time: Gordon tossed out Goddes Bell and all the breakdowns he could manage, Leon, having dropped HotE before go time, just shat out AoE SSBs forever. Maria mostly just woke people from sleep once Kashuan's Resolve wore off.

But the real star of the show was Will of the White Mage. Oh, Leon just took two blizzard's to the face and has an invisible life bar remaining? How about instead loving everybody is healed to full right loving now.

Minwu is your new god. All hail.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I wish New DeNA would wise up on Old DeNA's decisions and merge blitzballs into thrown and gun-arms into guns. :sigh:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I wish New DeNA would wise up on Old DeNA's decisions and merge blitzballs into thrown and gun-arms into guns. :sigh:
have they done that before?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

have they done that before?

They didn't change the old items, but Setzer's Gambling Gear got axed and all his new relics are Thrown.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

drat was that grueling. I'd tried various combinations of Mako Might + Dr. Mog's Teachings/RWs to work out, including several instances of Meteor XVI. Eventually I realized that with all the AoEs I was putting out from different characters, I might do well to just boost everyone's damage instead with a +ATK/+MAG buff that stacked with my own Song of Swiftness. That, plus the BSB bonus stats from Maria's Song, managed to push me just over the edge in terms of throughput from Ashe. Chucking out ~12-13K per enemy per 4-star summon is pretty nice, and depending on my current hones I may be viable to take on Mote Ifrit at this point with such a combo.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Should I grab Vaan or Firon's mc3? I have both of their BSBs.

pichupal posted:

They didn't change the old items, but Setzer's Gambling Gear got axed and all his new relics are Thrown.
ok good, that's what I thought, but I don't have any of Setzer's gear so I wasn't sure.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I did all the other mote dungeons yesterday (in preparation for shoving all the resulting motes into onion knight :getin: ) but I'm kind of afraid to go after mote Ifrit, with what I've heard of him. I have native hastega, faithga/boostga, and wall, but no hastega combined with faithga/boostga, so it's impossible to get all of them at the start of a fight with Dr. Mog's/Mako Might to then slam away with an ice element BSB. That and my Chain Blizzaga is still r1 because I decided to hone Chain Firaga instead, and...I'm not in a good situation for a comically overtuned boss.

Nihilarian posted:

Should I grab Vaan or Firon's mc3? I have both of their BSBs.
Depends. Are you regularly hitting the ATK softcap (at least in fights that matter) with multiple layers of ATK buffs?

If you aren't, Firion's RM is better, because it's +13% ATK which is efficient as gently caress.
If you are, Vaan's RM is better, because the softcap doesn't apply to +30% damage when using a dagger.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
thats weird because lulu still has dolls coming up i think

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Finally, finally, after trying all day, I beat the stupid cannon in the White Mage Nightmare. I did need to use a mythril to continue so I could get two extra ability uses, since R3 Diagas just weren't enough.

I used a Selphie RW and Tyro/Arc were geared for magic so they could cast summons. I mostly ignored the hot potato game in favor of pure damage, because when I tried hot potato I'd always screw up somehow.

What really irritates me though is that since Moonstone KO'd the launcher, I didn't get credit for removing a launcher's regen, meaning I didn't master the fight. Oh well, gently caress it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

loving FINALLY! God, that was the worst RNG garbage I've ever had to deal with in this game- the 30% status spells are such worthless garbage that most certainly do NOT work 30% of the time.

Don't let pride lead you into oblivion, friends- just let the two Major Black Orbs go. It's not worth it.

Unless you have good FFII synergy, I guess, in which case go wild.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Schwartzcough posted:

loving FINALLY! God, that was the worst RNG garbage I've ever had to deal with in this game- the 30% status spells are such worthless garbage that most certainly do NOT work 30% of the time.

Don't let pride lead you into oblivion, friends- just let the two Major Black Orbs go. It's not worth it.

Ha, yeah, no, CM can wait. Just mastered it with my A-Team and it was more tedious than difficult.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

This is exactly why I just said gently caress it to the CM. No way am I going to egg up the needed characters and indulge that RNG garbage just for two major black orbs.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a website where you can look up exactly what a SB does in terms of percentages? I want to know exactly how much Maria's SSB from the first banner adds to magic.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

NaanViolence posted:

Is there a website where you can look up exactly what a SB does in terms of percentages? I want to know exactly how much Maria's SSB from the first banner adds to magic.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit#gid=938172420

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks! Didn't realize that spreadsheet was so useful. I think it's linked in the OP.

20% is more than I'd hoped. I figured it would be 10%.

Maybe I will try that CM after all.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

If anyone in here is an android dev type and wants to make the game run less poorly on their Android phone, I've had some success with it by installing the Xposed framework (root required) and using its app settings module to force FFRK's screen dp to 320x480. The game looks identical but I get that creamy 60fps feeling, it's a definite increase.

Anyone less dev-like and afraid a root/flash from recovery will gently caress up their phone can still see a significant increase just by enabling dev mode and checking "force GPU rendering."

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

FeralWraith posted:

Ha, yeah, no, CM can wait. Just mastered it with my A-Team and it was more tedious than difficult.

Would Reno's SSB work as a RW? It worked pretty well for the magus sisters, and frees up spots for mitigation, gently caress using status busters ever.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Inge posted:

Would Reno's SSB work as a RW? It worked pretty well for the magus sisters, and frees up spots for mitigation, gently caress using status busters ever.
It works, but the main boss can't be slept, just the adds, so you still have to contend with attacks from Red Soul. I ended up just dedicating a character to spamming Lullaby to keep them locked down.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Phantasm was the only luck I had to actually keep the ogres asleep. Casting lullaby 8x and having maybe 1 ogre ever get slept was super painful in my first dozen or so attempts.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Why can we not have sleep and slow machinist abilities :( All they have to do is make the sleep shot not wake up sleeping targets and it can work the same as all the others.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
And don't think you're all set once you get them to sleep - they only stay asleep for maybe 3-4 turns. You basically need to continue spamming sleep abilities at them to keep them that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Why can we not have sleep and slow machinist abilities :( All they have to do is make the sleep shot not wake up sleeping targets and it can work the same as all the others.

Confuse Shell exists and can snap the opponent out of it if you repeat it.

Also I'm assuming Slow Shell doesn't exist because of the existence of Slowga and Mug Time. And Sleep does have Phantasm.

• Locked thread