Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

In fact, that parallel is pretty spot on in that Sanders supporters were far, far more vocal, much like Trump supporters, but in terms of raw numbers there were significantly fewer of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

To give you an ideal of just how banal Dilbert is, the comedic highlight of the Dilbert TV show(yes, the Dilbert TV show) was Chris loving Elliot

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

the swastika is a really nice looking symbol which is why the nazis used it

give it another century or two and the connection will be so distant that it'll be in vogue again

most of the worlds population lives in a circle from like pakistan to manchuria to the philippines to java, and i get the impression those folks never really got hung up about some poo poo that people on the sparsely populated side of the world did with their ancient symbol redolent w meaning

so we're already there really

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

brocretin posted:

being 'successful' and profoundly alone will gently caress you right up

img-notch-cankles-and-candy-dispenser-mansion.jpeg

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

That isn't a critique of Sanders personally btw, just an observation

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That DICK! posted:

To give you an ideal of just how banal Dilbert is, the comedic highlight of the Dilbert TV show(yes, the Dilbert TV show) was Chris loving Elliot

Cabin Boy was a good movie.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mirthless posted:

Skott Madams

really should have been scoff madams

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/791339451569930240

trump's senior coms advisor

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

If I ever met Michael Moore I would pull down his pants and push him down

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Initially misread as "trump's senior corns advisor."

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I know suit styles and cuts change over the years, you can't walk around now in a suit from the 70's.

But riddle me this: if we got rid of suits, just general office suits altogether and also tuxes, what would you wear to an event? A wedding? Or an office meeting? Or if you were senator? Do you know?

I'm guessing the answer is "collared shirt and dress pants", which is Acceptable Man Uniform #3.

aka republican politician jesus
http://www.theonion.com/article/shimmering-immaculate-republican-candidate-appears-52710

quote:

Those who witnessed the awe-inspiring vision said they felt a warm, comforting presence wash over them as the clouds parted and the luminous form of a man in his late 40s with chiseled features and perfectly parted hair descended from the sky above the Republican National Committee building. The mysterious levitating figure, who is said to have worn a brilliantly gleaming American flag lapel pin and an exquisitely tailored shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows (ed note: this is key), reportedly flashed a confident yet disarming smile that, according to accounts, left several onlookers so moved that they began openly weeping.
i just kinda fold the cuffs back twice tho, not all the way to the elbows. im a deep fashion thinker

i like pyjamas and old comfy shirts right before they get so torn i have to throw them away

maybe we should spend a few millennia running fashion so the undergrad thing where girls wear sweatpants/pyjamas and sweatshirts to 8 am classes is acceptable in every setting for women, while guys have to follow every single sumptuary rule in medieval korea's bone rank system or we are kicked and spat upon in the street

that would begin to approach fairness

btw bone rank note: they had a rule that only a SACRED BONE could run the country, which worked until the SACRED BONES dwindled down to just a part of the royal kim family and then finally there was only one SACRED BONE left

and she was a woman

so a guy from the next rank, called the TRUE BONES, said 'ok never mind SACRED BONES dont exist any more and im gonna run the country' and everybody was like 'yeah that seems like the most reasonable way to reconcile this conflict between our tradition of classism and our tradition of sexism'

this ends todays bone rank noet

which like everything in my posts is a half-assed memory of something i learned a decade ago w/ a quick google to see what they called their bones again

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
and who said last nite that i have a 'high karmic load'??

:wtc: does that even mean? am i gonna die or something? or is a good thing? en-niten me pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-n7N1RXJbM

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/LatinoDecisions/status/791343205874667520

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

triple sulk posted:

That isn't a critique of Sanders personally btw, just an observation

tbh i think sanders had a lot more potential voters but they were idiot millennials who never registered or disillusioned and he could have won by energizing properly. i dont see that as much with trump rn.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it was the asians all along......

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I knew there was pee pee in this coke!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if the page count could actually break the forums

lol

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

https://youtu.be/-CzCserQdZQ

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

did this get posted did i miss it

http://deadspin.com/remember-when-donald-trump-got-booed-for-butchering-ta-1788216229

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelmQlFKApk

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Squizzle posted:

appreciate the congrats :)

a-crease-iate the pri-cots

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i have a hot take here

erm...

*goes through notes*

michael moore is a...hm...it says here that michael moore is a basic bitch

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012

That DICK! posted:

The Dilbert show was actually very good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJwwAVM1Auc

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ostentatious posted:

i have a hot take here

erm...

*goes through notes*

michael moore is a...hm...it says here that michael moore is a basic bitch

it checks out

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Hold up, how is this 'growing by 80%'?

edit: I guess maybe juveniles and non-citizens must make up the other 60%?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

prefect posted:

Yeah, that guy needs a shrink. Maybe multiple shrinks.

specifically into a corncob

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Can report this anecdotally there is something weird going on with early voting this year in Dallas that makes me thing voting in general in Texas is going to be very unusual this year.

I met up with a group of buddies on Monday for happy hour and almost all of them had either voted early or were planning on voting early and urged me to do so as well.

Overarching theme with everyone I have talked to about it is just wanting this loving election to be over already.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

prefect posted:

Yeah, that guy needs a shrink. Maybe multiple shrinks.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

CORAL GABLES, FL—Staring unblinkingly ahead Thursday night as Donald Trump’s presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention played on the television in front of him, former GOP candidate Jeb Bush reportedly whispered “Low-Energy Jeb” to himself while sitting alone in the dark. “Low-Energy Jeb; Low-Energy Jeb,” the two-term governor of Florida is said to have quietly mumbled under his breath, his expressionless, stubble-covered face and stained T-shirt lit only by the flickering glow of the TV set while he sat on the sofa in his basement rec room, a day-old and half-empty Chinese food takeout container sitting on the side table next to him as he fixedly watched his former competitor in the presidential race speak to a packed arena. “Weak candidate. Weak. By far the weakest of the lot.” At press time, a faint smile had curled across the onetime presidential frontrunner’s chapped lips as he muttered a fully memorized victory speech aloud, thanking the people of Iowa for their resounding support and telling a nonexistent crowd of supporters that they had launched him on his path to the White House.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The real, main takeaway from the polling is that Trump cannot break the 38-40% range.

There's just no way you get 40% or less of the popular and win, or even come close to winning. I can't think of a way that happens

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chokes McGee posted:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

huh melania looks different. that is melania right?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
jfc I hate my internet connection at work

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

On my way to work this morning:

lol and I thought wilshire was bad this morning

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

they won't, but a man can dream. keep going washoe

i get the impression that the turnout armageddon where conservative white peopl dont show up and minorities do is continuing to increase in likelihood? thats nice although i feel like in the end i'll be disappointed

on another note: its sorta interesting to me that lake tahoe is divided between like two states, five counties, and three congressional districts

btw fun tahoe fact, if the lake were drained it'd take 600 years of natural rainfall to refill it. the lake is like 80% of its watershed

i wish i could find a bigger version of this picture, i saw it in a book in a washoe county public library. the lake is basically this gigantic bowl of perfect water perched on top of a mountain range with a massive desert under it. i found a newer picture but whoever took this one back in the day got the perfect angle

apparently there's only 50k permanent residents in the watershed tho so i guess it wouldnt have much political heft anyway

i should get on dave's redistricting site and find out what the partisanship is up there - ski towns are usually liberal, but rich people are usually conservative (very non-trump tho), so i wonder how it all shakes out. and sub-county breakouts of nevada caucus results would be interesting too, i bet rubio or kasich did very well there. someday i will type these things into google

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 26, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Baloogan posted:

yeah, hes hella hella sadbrain
if i made millions off of writing "lol work sucks" comics I'd be like chillin ni a cabin out in the woods painting, reading and pondering for the rest of my days and i wouldn't have a blog or a twitter or anythign

so you'd be bill watterson basically

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Coolguye posted:

so you'd be bill watterson basically

that's not a bad thing to be clear watterson fuckin owns

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Three Olives posted:

Can report this anecdotally there is something weird going on with early voting this year in Dallas that makes me thing voting in general in Texas is going to be very unusual this year.

I met up with a group of buddies on Monday for happy hour and almost all of them had either voted early or were planning on voting early and urged me to do so as well.

Overarching theme with everyone I have talked to about it is just wanting this loving election to be over already.

Early voting either means they loving love Trump so much that they can't wait to put their ballot in for Orange Fascist, or they loving hate him so much that they can't wait to put their ballot in against him. It'll be interesting to see which one that ends up being.

How did your friends vote?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

showbiz_liz posted:

Hold up, how is this 'growing by 80%'?

edit: I guess maybe juveniles and non-citizens must make up the other 60%?

Yeah. That table there is just adult citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

bill watterson is the ideal ohian and american i think

i love that he's from a place called chagrin falls

oh drat here we go

i figured out calvin lived in ohio bc in the story arc where they went to thee moon and there was a fairly hamfisted environmentalist moral, on the way back hobbes had a line like 'i think we're right next to the first a in america' or whatever and i consulted my atlas and noticed that was ohio

i was a kid in florida and with all the hills, trees, and snow it was pretty obvious he wasnt from my area

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 26, 2016

• Locked thread