Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
What's the law on euthanizing a fantasy football team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Im 6' even; I would not trade 13" of height to abolish my student debt.

I'd only be willing to do an inch, MAYBE two.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

blarzgh posted:

6'2 and I would trade 13" to abolish my debt.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't date you if you were that short.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

blarzgh posted:

yeah but you're a guy where its not cute to be tiny , just sad.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
#SAD

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

blarzgh posted:

I wouldn't date you if you were that short.

Added to the "pros" column.

I'd love to be a few inches shorter, I can barely fit into any of the cool cars. I got stuck in a 911 on a racetrack once.

I don't want to be shorter than 6ft though.

Edit: tall chat. My cousin is over 6 feet and apparently a whole bunch of insecure men are intimidated by tall women.

nm fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 25, 2016

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'll pay off every goddamned penny of the $87,000 i have remaining in student loans and keep every loving inch of my 5'9 frame, thank you.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nm posted:

Added to the "pros" column.

I'd love to be a few inches shorter, I can barely fit into any of the cool cars. I got stuck in a 911 on a racetrack once.

I don't want to be shorter than 6ft though.

Edit: tall chat. My cousin is over 6 feet and apparently a whole bunch of insecure men are intimidated by tall women.

a girl in my law school section was notre Dames best volleyball player in college, a legit 6'4". one glorious day she wore short shorts and wowza

that's the equivalent of like a 6'11 guy I think

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Tallest gal I ever dated was 6'3". I'm short but tall women are loving amazing.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I went on a date with a chick that was 6'8"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Did you summit?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

blarzgh posted:

was she a wnba player because god drat

my favorite short person story is my buddy who's 5'4, married a 4'11 girl and have corgis so from a distance everyone is proportional and normal then you realize it's all a ruse

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm engaged to a woman who's 6'. Woo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mastershakeman posted:

was she a wnba player because god drat

my favorite short person story is my buddy who's 5'4, married a 4'11 girl and have corgis so from a distance everyone is proportional and normal then you realize it's all a ruse

This is great.

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm engaged to a woman who's 6'. Woo

So is this.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did you summit?

Fooled around at Base Camp for awhile and then left!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have two dogs

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Hoooly poo poo. Ok. This one makes top 5.

I just got an 8:30 emergency family law call from a lady whose husband is on what I like to call "Sex offender visitation" despite not being a sex offender, violent, or having any criminal or (confirmed) drug history. He gets 3 hours twice a week that is supervised by his parents.

I have helped to keep him on this visitation for over 18 months. I am a whore, I do my job.

She calls me, bawling. 8:30 p.m. I answer the call because I thought it might be the one client who I would answer an 8:30 pm. phone call from because her situation is really messed up.

Nope. This client calls me completely unintelligible because 1) She's vegan; and 2) She's raising her daughter vegan; and 3) her ex gives their daughter (who is three) pepperoni pizza and cupcakes during his visitation.

When I tell her that no, his visitation isn't going to be any less and that frankly, there's a good chance of things going very south if she tells the judge she's raising her child vegan, she says that her brother has offered to pay for a very expensive firm and that she's switching to them.

"Send on over the paperwork and I'll sign it" was my response.

And then my fiancee, who is in the car with me, looks at me and says "Are you loving kidding me?"

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

CaptainScraps posted:

"Send on over the paperwork and I'll sign it"
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS THIS.

"Johnny says lawyer X got him no deposit bail after he murdered his entire family and raped their corpses in the lobby of the police station and killed four more cops by drowning them in the mess! What do you mean you can't remove the no contact with the wife I choked out... twice?!?!"

WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME CLEARLY THIS OTHER LAWYER IS A loving GOD

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Nichol posted:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS THIS.

"Johnny says lawyer X got him no deposit bail after he murdered his entire family and raped their corpses in the lobby of the police station and killed four more cops by drowning them in the mess! What do you mean you can't remove the no contact with the wife I choked out... twice?!?!"

WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME CLEARLY THIS OTHER LAWYER IS A loving GOD

Agreed.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
IN A RARE DOUBLE WHAMMY OF poo poo, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING.

quote:

[Captainscraps]

I'm very sorry I make the mistake with your payment and it ended up such a mess. It has been a mess upon other messes and I'm now on the verge of being absolutely screwed and possibly giving Rick opportunity to take me back to court for custody because I'm at a point where I may not be able to support him. I got into very deep debt trying to survive this divorce and I'm now at a breaking point. I lost my car yesterday. Without that, I can't keep my job. If that happens, I loose my apartment and I have no resources to move again to anywhere. I have no one to get help from.

I have been awake all night trying desperately to come up with a solution to this problem and trying to figure out if I have anything to sell to help me but I have nothing. The bottom line is that I have nothing, hardly even any furniture left.

The $5000 is still pending in my account, I just checked it. But when it is finally in, I have to use a chunk to buy a cheap car in order to keep my job.

I would have already gone for help if I had anyone in the world to ask but I don't. I have no family at all except my kids and the one friend I've kept out of all this has already loaned me money to survive over the last year and a half. I have no one to ask for help.

At this point, I see no option but to beg you to accept payments from me so you don't feel forced to sue me. I don't even know how I would be able to deal with that on top of everything else. I've looked at my income and know there's no leeway at all. I applied for several persons so short term loans overnight but I can't qualify, not even for enough to buy a junker car. I have no bills but absolute necessities and that leaves me with nothing left over, in fact, negative every month.

It is not fair for me yo ask this if you in any way but I'm left to beg that you allow me to make payments to you until I can get something figured out. I have $1000 in my savings and can remit all of that to you as a payment today. I get paid monthly and can figure out how to pay at least $700 each month until I can gather whatever balance I would owe at such time when I have another option.

I don't know what else to do or to offer. I have very few choices. Would you please consider agreeing to accept payments until I can figure this out. I have arranged for a ride to work for the next week or so but will have to have something to drive by the end of next week.

I'm so sorry. I can't even explain how stupid and low I feel in this situation. I do not want be a person who can't pay what I owe but I can't and I don't know what else to do at this point.

Please consider my payment option and let me know. If you choose to accept the payments in the interim while I figure this out, I can wire $1000 today.

In order not to loose the last ability I have to support my son, I need to beg you to take payments from me until I can figure out how to

And you fuckers think law school is bad.

And then you go "gently caress, i was going to do something stupid with that money like buy a suite for my friends in Vegas"

And then you go "gently caress, she probably needs it more than I do."

And then you go "Fine, let's make a loving payment plan."

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 26, 2016

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man clients are the bestest

nm
Jan 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Man clients are the bestest

:hfive: govt bro.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CaptainScraps posted:

IN A RARE DOUBLE WHAMMY OF poo poo, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING.

And you fuckers think law school is bad.

And then you go "gently caress, i was going to do something stupid with that money like buy a suite for my friends in Vegas"

And then you go "gently caress, she probably needs it more than I do."

And then you go "Fine, let's make a loving payment plan."

It's the cynic in me, but I think she's gonna make 2 payments to you on time, the third and fourth will be late (fourth almost by a month) and then she's going to go completely dark and you won't ever get to the 5th.

Sorry scraps.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's the cynic in me, but I think she's gonna make 2 payments to you on time, the third and fourth will be late (fourth almost by a month) and then she's going to go completely dark and you won't ever get to the 5th.

Sorry scraps.

Lol you think she's going to make the payments.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CaptainScraps posted:

I was thinking I was generous with the four payments. I had a mental over/under line at 5 and was taking the under. Didn't realize that the line was way too high.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was thinking I was generous with the four payments. I had a mental over/under line at 5 and was taking the under. Didn't realize that the line was way too high.

In reality, I'm maybe going to get $1500 and a referral and some more cash when she marries again and her husband fights her for custody.

It's a $5,000 mistake I'm never, ever going to make again. Any payments post-divorce go directly through me.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol I got jay ajayi the rich get richer

anyone want to trade for a decent running back I got loads

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 13, 2021

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

Discendo Vox posted:

why not make up your loss by starting a betting pool on the number of valid payments in the thread? Past experience shows a lot of the folks here like to gamble.

$20 says she makes 3 payments.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
$50 says $1,000 up front, one $500 payment and another $1,000 from the tax return and she's back in the office within 2 years on a modification.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-xKUU5sWS4

This is the rap I give to my clients when they can't pay.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep
Lawyers should be able to take custody of the children in the event of nonpayment

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

MoFauxHawk posted:

Lawyers should be able to take custody of the children in the event of nonpayment

Are you kidding me? That would incentivize clients to not pay.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Roger_Mudd posted:

Are you kidding me? That would incentivize clients to not pay.
You would think...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MoFauxHawk posted:

Have you not read The Ransom of Red Chief?
On the other hand, it would improve the quality of the kid's lives and futures by orders of magnitude.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

MoFauxHawk posted:

Only if i can leave them in escrow at my bank.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
The Law of Surprise

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Phil Moscowitz posted:

The Law of Surprise

I lol'd at this and couldn't think of a way to explain to my girlfriend what was so funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised he's got his clients by the nuts so bad that they beg him for leeway on the bill. When mine decide to quit paying, they just stop, wait for me to call or email, and if they don't have the money decide they have a complaint about a bill from 6 months ago.