Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Hawks gave Schroeder 4/$70.

I feel like that is a lot but I just don't know anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Nets could have had Damian Lillard but decided half a year of Gerald Wallace on a non-playoff team was better.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Lockback posted:

I feel like that is a lot but I just don't know anymore.

It's definitely a lot of money and a gamble. I seem to remember him agitating a lot for a starting spot so possibly this is a compromise

e: In other news, Rockets are a bunch of hippies

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/791356320708370432

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 26, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Niwrad posted:

The Nets could have had Damian Lillard but decided half a year of Gerald Wallace on a non-playoff team was better.

When you have the chance to get the greatest Bobcat of all time, you don't say no.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

chunkles posted:

It's definitely a lot of money and a gamble. I seem to remember him agitating a lot for a starting spot so possibly this is a compromise
Well he got a starting spot, because they traded Teague to Indiana. They gave him the job and now they're paying him.

Zach Lowe wrote some good stuff about him in his 6 players to watch this season article.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I honestly did not register that Jeff Teague was gone

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Niwrad posted:

I feel like every time Billy King gets fired, he should give a press conference and just walk up to the podium, smile, and say "The Aristocrats!".

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Is it weird that I got into the NBA and finally caved to League Pass because of the social media aspects of it??

I find a lot of the people who cover the NBA are interesting and the "meme" content is really funny (like all the KD switching to a Spurs jersey jokes from last night, and the weird anime cartoons everyone liked last year)

Like, I've quietly read these threads for like 2 years now, and they're among my favorites here to read, you all know whats going on and are funny.

I don't know poo poo about the intricacies of basketball, and I'm going to do my best to figure it out, so I won't contribute much, but thanks for helping me get into it.

(go Kings)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sba posted:

Is it weird that I got into the NBA and finally caved to League Pass because of the social media aspects of it??

I find a lot of the people who cover the NBA are interesting and the "meme" content is really funny (like all the KD switching to a Spurs jersey jokes from last night, and the weird anime cartoons everyone liked last year)

Like, I've quietly read these threads for like 2 years now, and they're among my favorites here to read, you all know whats going on and are funny.

I don't know poo poo about the intricacies of basketball, and I'm going to do my best to figure it out, so I won't contribute much, but thanks for helping me get into it.

(go Kings)

Always feel free to ask questions!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This is art and will never not be funny

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Watching the Jazz/Blazers condensed game and thinking, what's up with Dante Exum these days? I know he was injured all last year, but what are people's thoughts on him at this point? Is he still considered to be the future for the Jazz or do people think his ceiling is backup PG now?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

sba posted:

(go Kings)

Half the fun of the NBA is it's aimed at a younger audience and doesn't take itself as seriously as other sports. The league doesn't mind their players actually having personalities.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

(go Kings)

the ball goes into the hoop

the warriors are shook

death, taxes, spurs

that about sums it up i think

(this is a great thread with really fun posters)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Half the fun of the NBA is it's aimed at a younger audience and doesn't take itself as seriously as other sports. The league doesn't mind their players actually having personalities.

Unless you do the Big Balls dance word to Eddie House.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Niwrad posted:

I've been marathoning the fashion thread, and one of my first reactions was "if there was a hockey fashion thread, all we'd do is repost Brent Burns and Subban."

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tae is going to kill you

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Tae is going to kill you

Bring it on Tae :twisted:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tae is going to kill you

Uh....I don't think I ever said anything about fashion?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

nah, he can stay retired. the man is a legend. a god. but retirement is the best thing for him and the team.

He could come back to pass Stockton in career WS.

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol the Sixers AND the Lakers are both on national TV tonight.

Somebody is trying to accelerate the death of traditional TV.

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah, I hope people did not expect them to start 20-0 or whatever.

Of course they did.

Time to watch Jazz-Blazers.

I wanted a 35-0 start.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4/70 is average starter money.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If Harden doesnt wear the short-shorts tonight, I hope the Lakers crush the Rockets

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

For those of you too lazy to click through, the article this is pulled from is a pro-click and reveals Sam Hinkie as a master empath and not a weirdo Silicon Valley/Ted Talks bullshit peddler

quote:

On Aug. 27, the 76ers hosted their annual Beach Bash at Jack’s Place on the Jersey Shore. At the end of the event, parched from all his socializing, Embiid ordered two Shirley Temples for the road. As he left, he took a sip, and beamed. The soda, the cherry, the grenadine, this was a mean Shirley Temple. He ducked back inside and autographed a shirt for the bartender: Best Shirley Temples Ever, Joel Embiid.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/26/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-the-process

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tae posted:

Uh....I don't think I ever said anything about fashion?
I meant about the memes because u hate memes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I meant about the memes because u hate memes

I don't like repeating the same, exact content. I welcome creativity that isn't adam sandlers level of lazy.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Athanatos posted:

If Harden doesnt wear the short-shorts tonight, I hope the Lakers crush the Rockets

He will do it. It's time.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
You don't need to watch condensed Jazz/Blazers, I've condensed it for you:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Get hype for the process.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/26/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-the-process/?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

full quote from earlier:

The Process posted:

“You know how I learned to shoot?” Embiid says. “I watched white people. Just regular white people. They really put their elbow in and finish up top. You can find videos of them online.”

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Did you watch any basketball last night Russ?

https://instagram.com/p/BMCVK85js73/

NOT a Dove soap endorsement

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Papercut posted:

lmao at leonard's face.

yes. at his face

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

-No NBA/ABA champion has opened the season with a 29 point loss.

-Kawhi accrued .4 WS last night. .4 is Rose's WS total for all of last season.

-Durant's regular season 20+ point streak continues:

code:
Player 			First 		Last 		Games
Wilt Chamberlain	1961-10-19	1963-01-19	126
Wilt Chamberlain	1963-02-26	1964-03-18	92
Oscar Robertson		1963-03-13	1964-10-20	82
Connie Hawkins		1967-12-31	1969-03-14	76
Michael Jordan		1987-12-29	1988-12-06	72
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1971-11-21	1972-11-08	71
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1970-02-06	1971-01-20	70
Michael Jordan		1990-11-24	1991-04-19	69
Kevin Durant		2015-11-23	2016-10-25	65
More than halfway to Wilt's record.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 26, 2016

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Papercut posted:

Is that Meyers Leonard?

Edit: Ray Smuckles confirmed above

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sba posted:

(go Kings)

We want to be helpful and make sure everyone has a good time watching the best sport ever created

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/791407468609806336

gently caress yeah Gerald Green's hair is sick!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's pretty dope

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Joel Embiid and Dario Saric are starting tonight in a regular season NBA game :getin:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Papercut posted:

I cannot wait for him to get traded.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Papercut posted:

What is Peggy from Mad Men doing there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

milk milk lemonade posted:

What is Peggy from Mad Men doing there

How dare you say such a thing about Steve from Stranger Things

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
This is my favorite time of year. League pass for free so everyone is watching a ton of games and then massively overreacting to everyone's performance in the first week. It's a beautiful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMC1WEIDkuN/

• Locked thread