Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

As of February 2014, 6 states legalize it, 21 ban it, and 23 let the universities have the final say. The usual reason given for not allowing it is that classroom discussions will get so heated that someone will pull a gun and shoot a teacher or student over Philosophy 101 or something; from the research I've done, so far I can't find any instances of this happening.

There's definitely plenty of illegal concealed carry going on, of course. Unless there are metal detectors or some other kind of security search, you can guarantee that at least one person has carried a gun in and out of any particular location. 99.9% of the time you'd never notice.

I have a feeling a philosophy professor would at least stay alive long enough to intellectually embarrass whoever shot them; it is how they get their life energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What a good dog. It let someone attack its owner and walked away with a stranger.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can't blame a German Sheppard for just following orders.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Someone Needs Some Weekend Cheer
RETAIL | MA, USA | BAD BEHAVIOR, CRIMINAL & ILLEGAL
(I open my store on Saturdays. On the way there I have to merge onto the highway slowly due to heavy traffic. A middle-aged couple in an SUV in the next lane apparently decide I’m not going fast enough and try to merge ahead of me, but I move up to prevent this. The man leans on his horn and yells obscenities out the window at me; I just wave and continue on my way, not thinking anything of it until I pull into the parking lot at work and the SUV comes speeding in. As I am walking to the door, the man gets out and starts yelling.)

Him: “JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOU LITTLE B****? I SHOULD BEAT YOUR rear end RIGHT NOW AND TEACH YOU SOME G****** RESPECT!”

Me: “Is there a problem, sir?”

Him: “YOU FLIPPED ME OFF, YOU F****** C***!”

Me: “First of all, no, I didn’t. Second, even if I had there’s no law against that. Third, you tried to cut me off. Now if there’s nothing else, I have a job to get to.”

(At this point, this grown man who is at least old enough to be my father starts pointing and laughing like a little kid.)

Him: “Haha, you have to work today, you f****** loser! If you weren’t so stupid and lazy you’d have a real life!”

(I’ve heard enough. I take out my phone.)

Me: “Sir, did you need to buy something when we open?”

Him: “Hell, no, I—”

Me: *interrupting* “Then at this time I’m going to call the police.”

Him: *screaming again* “WHAT THE F*** FOR, YOU DUMB C***?”

Me: “Well, let’s see: you followed me here; that’s harassment. You threatened me with bodily harm, also a crime. You said you have no intention of buying anything at this store, and we’re not even open yet, so right now you’re trespassing on private property. The station is less than a mile from here so once I make this call officers will be here in about a minute. Maybe you’d like to make fun of them for working on a Saturday, too?”

(Needless to say, he got back in his car and took off, yelling a few more obscenities along the way while his wife flipped me off out the window.)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I read all the right wing watch threads in D&D and the idiots on social media thread and somehow this is the thread that never fails to make me the angriest out of all

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Him: “JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOU LITTLE B****? I SHOULD BEAT YOUR rear end RIGHT NOW AND TEACH YOU SOME G****** RESPECT!”

This is like the Platonic ideal of STDH opening lines.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

And after he hit enter on that post he hugged his waifu pillow and cried himself to sleep.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the police officer who was a child in 2006.

e: drat it's 2016 now? :prepop:

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So this person carries around toys in his car like he's a loving child?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Furia posted:

Seriouspost: Literal children are allowed to drive in the USA.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ajkalan posted:

This is like the Platonic ideal of STDH opening lines.

I kept reading that line as I SHOULD EAT YOUR rear end RIGHT NOW, giving the middle aged man a weirdly aggressive gay rage

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

Someone Needs Some Weekend Cheer

Massachusetts. I can definitely believe this happened.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_qbaYvk_Q

This is totally plausible. ironically it happens to cis people more from this fear, and I wish more people would stand up for this social justice. A warrior, if you will.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haifisch posted:

(Needless to say

(I open my store on Saturdays. On the way there I have to merge onto the highway slowly due to heavy traffic. A middle-aged couple in an SUV in the next lane apparently decide I’m not going fast enough and try to merge ahead of me, but I move up to prevent this. The man leans on his horn and yells obscenities out the window at me; I just wave and continue on my way, not thinking anything of it until I pull into the parking lot at work and the SUV comes speeding in. As I am walking to the door, the man gets out and starts yelling.)

Him: “YOU FLIPPED ME OFF, YOU F****** C***!”

Me: “First of all, no, I didn’t. Second, even if I had there’s no law against that. Third, you tried to cut me off. Now if there’s nothing else, I have a job to get to.”

(At this point, this grown man who is at least old enough to be my father starts pointing and laughing like a little kid.)

Him: “Haha, you have to work today, you f****** loser! If you weren’t so stupid and lazy you’d have a real life!”

(I’ve heard enough. I take out my phone.)

Me: “Sir, did you need to buy something when we open?”

Him: “Hell, no, I—”

Me: *interrupting* “Then at this time I’m going to call the police.”

Him: *screaming again* “WHAT THE F*** FOR, YOU DUMB C***?”

Me: “Well, let’s see: you followed me here; that’s harassment. You threatened me with bodily harm, also a crime. You said you have no intention of buying anything at this store, and we’re not even open yet, so right now you’re trespassing on private property. The station is less than a mile from here so once I make this call officers will be here in about a minute. Maybe you’d like to make fun of them for working on a Saturday, too?”

, he got back in his car and took off, yelling a few more obscenities along the way while his wife flipped me off out the window.)

Fixed that.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

MythBusters did a bit where they tested if the Doom Marine could run around carrying all of the weapons and gear. A strong and fit military man can move pretty fast even carrying all that crap.

Doom is still on Mars/Mars's moons, right? How did they account for the difference in gravity?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Atmus posted:

Doom is still on Mars/Mars's moons, right? How did they account for the difference in gravity?

Doesn't matter. Sci-fi artificial gravity. (The sound effects said old school Doom/Doom 2, not Doom 2016).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Atmus posted:

It's a reality TV show, so they didn't

Goddamnit where is that MAXIMUM OVERDIDN'T gif when I need it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Furia posted:

lol if you don't have dice in the mirror

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Samizdata posted:

Doesn't matter. Sci-fi artificial gravity. (The sound effects said old school Doom/Doom 2, not Doom 2016).

Well going by the falling puzzles of Doom/Doom2, it's none of the above. Take THAT, MythBozos!

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

lol if you don't have a disco ball on the mirror and a purple neon that says "king of ladiesmen" on the back window

Furia has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Oct 26, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ein cooler Typ posted:

does your license plate say FRESH?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

seems like a stan without class if you ask me.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Painful.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

He can read but he can't write.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"I actually love Thai Food"

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

I have to trick my wife in to having sex with me... :(

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

MonoAus posted:

I have to trick my wife in to having sex with me... :(

It's a step up from when he had to pay her.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

I've never understood why when someone writes such an obviously fake story why they're always so penny ante. Do they think that makes the story more plausible or is it just that their wildest loving dream is the savage burn of looking a woman in the eye as they throw away a packet of syrup worth a quarter of a cent that you can get a million of for free if you just ask the cashier?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

check out my Youtube posted:

I've never understood why when someone writes such an obviously fake story why they're always so penny ante. Do they think that makes the story more plausible or is it just that their wildest loving dream is the savage burn of looking a woman in the eye as they throw away a packet of syrup worth a quarter of a cent that you can get a million of for free if you just ask the cashier?

No, you don't see, they "were out", a thing that definitely happens.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I refuse to believe this isn't satire it has to be

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh no I have only 20 minutes (only 20 minutes people) for lunch and I live in a society where lunch buffets haven't been invented yet so I absolutely have to go to McDonalds and eat 40 Chicken McNuggetsTM with three packets of sauce!

e: I didn't read the rest of it, was it good?

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

gschmidl posted:

I've had Chick-fil-A run out of Chick-fil-A sauce for an order man, weird poo poo happens

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

gschmidl posted:

Being "out" of a sauce is actually, surprisingly believable. Being "out" of sweet and sour is where the STDH comes in. No McDonald's ever is OUT of that disgusting poo poo, because no one eats that garbage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Being "out" of a sauce is actually, surprisingly believable. Being "out" of sweet and sour is where the STDH comes in. No McDonald's ever is OUT of that disgusting poo poo, because no one eats that garbage.

Being out of stuff that doesn't get bought is a common occurrence because everything has a sell-by date. One day you'll just notice "oh we have a thousand units of this stuff and it's gone off last month" and then you chuck them all in the bin. And because you had all that inventory, no-one has ordered any new stock.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

no parent has ever high fived a kid mid-tantrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010