Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My dad had so many skeletons and items made out of human skin, etc. The house was full of that stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

freeedr posted:

My dad had so many skeletons and items made out of human skin, etc. The house was full of that stuff

"had"? I assume they all came to life and murdered your entire family in a single night.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ro5s posted:

Is this a Jojo?

A Street Fighter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

freeedr posted:

Was Argentina nice?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Um, did you miss the 80s?

In 25 years people will be making a post like this filled with that drat haircut that's buzzed on the sides only that's been popular the last couple years.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Master Twig posted:

In 25 years people will be making a post like this filled with that drat haircut that's buzzed on the sides only that's been popular the last couple years.

I remember seeing plenty of people with that back in the 90s tho, so it has been a thing for far longer.

Looked retarded then, too. People would usually tie what was left back in a tiny ponytail, and my mom described them as sperm heads.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Master Twig posted:

This one?

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Facebook Aunt posted:

Enormous hair creates an optical illusion that makes your face and body look smaller by comparison.

But then they also wore giant shoulder pads which makes their body look huge... ???? It doesn't add up, Facebook Aunt, it just doesn't add up!!!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blurred posted:

But then they also wore giant shoulder pads which makes their body look huge... ???? It doesn't add up, Facebook Aunt, it just doesn't add up!!!!

Broad shoulders make your waist look smaller! Also your tits, but that's the price you have to pay.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Master Twig posted:

I think that one is called 'the Hitler youth'.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Facebook Aunt posted:

Broad shoulders make your waist look smaller! Also your tits, but that's the price you have to pay.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

freeedr posted:

I've just got an old taxidermied ostritch foot that's also an ashtray. I feel so left out.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, when our kids are in their teens, they're going to be asking us why "mommy used to dress like a homeless dressage rider."

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Both riding boots and ripped jeans have been around for a long time, but I guess people are combining them now?

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

spookygonk posted:

I've just got an old taxidermied ostritch foot that's also an ashtray. I feel so left out.

I have a horse's pedal bone that mom gave me, which I turned into a necklace. We can start an Unimpressive Bone Collection club. :smith:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, millenials are just recycling old poo poo. I saw a young woman wearing mom jeans the other day. No, not just high waisted jeans, but straight up mom jeans.

They're nostalgic for a time that they never really experienced. Much like baby boomers thinking the 50s were so great.

Leon Einstein has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Oct 26, 2016

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hrm...just noticed the fish.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Master Twig posted:

Haircuts run in a circle though. RIght now guys are back to the 1920-30's. I think I'll see a time when crewcuts on all business men comes back.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm imagining some landscaper digging up a human skeleton surrounded by a few cat and dog skeletons and freaking the gently caress out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm imagining some landscaper digging up a human skeleton surrounded by a few cat and dog skeletons and freaking the gently caress out.

How long do skeletons last anyway? A little thing like a baby or a cat, in contact with wet soil, surely that would be mostly gone within a few years?

Asking for a friend.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The hipster topknot looked terrible when it was kinda-sorta in. I predict that it will be remembered as the terrible hairstyle of the early 2010's.

Facebook Aunt posted:

How long do skeletons last anyway? A little thing like a baby or a cat, in contact with wet soil, surely that would be mostly gone within a few years?

Asking for a friend.

Based on evidence, I'd say they last at least 65 million years.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/791353175890624512

context: This pitcher had cut his finger on a drone earlier in the post season and had to leave a game very early because it reopened while pitching.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Oct 26, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Random Stranger posted:

Based on evidence, I'd say they last at least 65 million years.

Bones are not fossils.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RatHat posted:

Bones are not fossils.

What about bug fossils, like bats?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't even know how to respond to that.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

RatHat posted:

Someone even made a helpful website I didn't know existed until just now:

http://batsarentbugs.info/

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

RatHat posted:

"BATS AREN'T BUGS!!!!" would suffice.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

So who has been giving me all this money?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
if there's no poop fairy then who's picture is that?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Elfgames posted:

if there's no poop fairy then who's picture is that?

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Don't worry, when our kids are in their teens, they're going to be asking us why "mommy used to dress like a homeless dressage rider."

I finally spotted a "Han Solo" while out shopping and had a sensible chuckle. Ahhh, youts.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

blarzgh posted:

Also, why "daddy used to look like a gay lumberjack".

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

That70sHeidi posted:

I finally spotted a "Han Solo" while out shopping and had a sensible chuckle. Ahhh, youts.

Uh... uh, what was that word?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I hope when your kids are in their goddamn teens they're not calling you Mommy and Daddy anymore

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Facebook Aunt posted:

Asking for a friend.

Considering we still have examples of bone tools dating back to prehistoric man, bones last a long time when intact.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

InediblePenguin posted:

I hope when your kids are in their goddamn teens they're not calling you Mommy and Daddy anymore

I hope my children never call me daddy, moving to the west at 15 in 2008 and dating girls from then to now has ruined me, especially the past few years

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bukowski posted:

I hope my children never call me daddy, moving to the west at 15 in 2008 and dating girls from then to now has ruined me, especially the past few years

Ay Papi!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Uh... uh, what was that word?

Darn! Darn! Darn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lol if you don't think girls wearing boots with tight jeans is hot