Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

teenytinymouse posted:

I actually think this poo poo should be criminal.

I don't understand how it isn't already. Like, I'd like to think that if I started putting food dye in tap water and selling it as a cure for anything other than dehydration, I'd be pulled up pretty quickly. But it's basically the business model for an entire industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I would assume they cover their asses with a fine-print disclosure.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I think most of this poo poo has little THIS HAS NOT TECHNICALLY BEEN PROVEN TO DO ANYTHING BY THE FDA disclaimers. But since their market is pretty much folks who believe that the FDA is part of a vast BIG PHARMA conspiracy to keep the true healing power of bullshit away from the people...

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Obligatory Pseudoscience thread link whenever this stuff comes up.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

teenytinymouse posted:

Some days no matter how careful I am putting it in my menstrual cup just keeps poking my insides, it is the most infuriating low level irritant and I'm going to loving snap in a minute and start loving free bleeding

This reminds me of one of mine. I wear oxygen at night due to a chronic illness, and sometimes the canula will not sit right in my nose at all. It's either poking at the inside of my nose wrong, or it's pushed against the roof of my nostrils. It's even worse when it's a fresh one that hasn't been properly broken in. I've been on oxygen regularly for ~23 years, you'd think I could get it right by now :downs:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hate magicians. It's not like they know how to do my job, why are they so smug about me not know how they do their poo poo?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Magician shows can be fun, and I don't know why so many people are obsessed with pointing out how the trick works (or wanting to know). We all know it's fake, there's no such thing as magic, why does it matter how it is faked? I mean if you are just curious because it was really cool and it interests you, fine, but most of the time people only want to know so they can smugly yell out "theres a hidden platform" or "there's a wire" and ruin everyone's fun. It's a show, just watch it. Or don't, if you don't like it so much.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Magician shows can be fun, and I don't know why so many people are obsessed with pointing out how the trick works (or wanting to know). We all know it's fake, there's no such thing as magic, why does it matter how it is faked?
For me, finding out how it's done is pretty much the point. Just seeing the trick is like just reading the first half of a mystery novel. It might have been enjoyable so far, but it's not satisfying because its not finished yet.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

For me, finding out how it's done is pretty much the point. Just seeing the trick is like just reading the first half of a mystery novel. It might have been enjoyable so far, but it's not satisfying because its not finished yet.

I guess the distinction I was trying to make is between wanting to know because it was cool (which I often feel a desire for) and those that do it just to spoil peoples' fun. It's only fun/satisfying if you figure it out for yourself I think.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's only fun/satisfying if you figure it out for yourself I think.

Nah, it's also fun to hear the answer and go "Oh, that's how they tricked me. Nicely done."

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I dunno if people only say it to wind me up or what but some people seem to genuinely think people like Derren Brown are really reading minds and it drives me up the loving walls

I honestly hope my dad went to get cupping and raiki done and then said it worked to annoy me and not because he's dumb enough to really think that

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Picking up my bag by the shoulder strap but part of the strap is under the bag so the whole bag does a flip and sometimes things fall out of the exterior pockets

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Nettles Coterie posted:

I also loving hate it when people explicitly ask for my help/advice, but then when I give it, act like I don't know what I'm talking about and go completely against everything I say. If you're so loving sure you're right, why even ask in the first place?

I realize my last post is bitching about unhelpful/incorrect feedback, and I feel like this is the inverse of that peeve.

My husband has been working on creating some policies and procedures for work, and asked for my help in cleaning up the formatting since he somehow has gotten through 35 years of life without having to use Word, and is generally useless with computers. I literally have no idea why he of all people was given this assignment, but whatever.

The document he sent me was so, so lovely. I spent waaay too long going through it and fixing up all the weird and inconsistent spacing, headings, fonts, etc. I also gave him some general tips on writing a professional-looking document, like using bullet points instead of random dashes, labelling figures/tables etc.

After all that, he basically told me he didn't care about the formatting and told me he was just going to submit it as-is. I told him the document looked like loving amature hour (way more gently than that), and that I literally do poo poo like this for a living so maybe he should listen to me. He then got all butthurt that my criticisms were 'mean' (they weren't), and told me that 'no one cares about this stuff'. When I told him the document was hard to follow, he basically told me 'that's how we do things at work' and refused to incorporate my suggestions.

So glad I just spent literal hours trying to help you instead of doing my own work! Thanks also for implying that my suggestions were dumb and not helpful when I know for a fact your bosses are going to think you're incompetent when they see your work! So frustrating!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Trying to put stuff in tupperware and some bits keep getting in the way so you can't seal the lid until you remove the obstruction

Same thing with buckling your seatbelt and your coat/scarf gets in the way and you can't buckle until you remove the obstruction

basically gently caress fermions and their insistence on not occupying the same space

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
If ONE more stranger pityingly asks me "ooooh what happened?!" after seeing me on my walker, I might explode. But these are work people so I am trying to keep my cool. If we're not work pals, I'm not going to elaborate on my medical condition to sate your curiosity, person from across the building who I'm pretty sure I never met. But I'm supposed to be Humble and Grateful and Cheerful because otherwise that bums people out, so I can't have a bad day where poo poo hurts and maybe I don't have the energy to force a smile and say "oh! [list of medical issues in great detail] but I'm getting a little better every day, tee-hee!"

The coworkers in my department have been phenomenal, and aided me greatly in my recovery, but Jill from IT does not need to know why I can't walk right now nor what my recovery plan looks like.

And then there are the stares from random (non-work) strangers. Most of the time I'm pretty feisty, and can stare right back with a "can I help you?" to get people to stop, but I'm feeling a little beat down lately and can't always muster the energy to be fiery.

I always had a profound respect for the disabled, and never thought I'd be in their shoes. But now that I am, that respect goes even deeper. Maybe I'll find some way to volunteer once I get better.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Maggie Fletcher posted:

If ONE more stranger pityingly asks me "ooooh what happened?!" after seeing me on my walker, I might explode. But these are work people so I am trying to keep my cool. If we're not work pals, I'm not going to elaborate on my medical condition to sate your curiosity, person from across the building who I'm pretty sure I never met. But I'm supposed to be Humble and Grateful and Cheerful because otherwise that bums people out, so I can't have a bad day where poo poo hurts and maybe I don't have the energy to force a smile and say "oh! [list of medical issues in great detail] but I'm getting a little better every day, tee-hee!"

Years ago, I worked in an office of fifty or sixty people, so small enough that we all knew each other by name but I wouldn't say that I was close in any meaningful sense to more than a handful of folks there.

In the immediate aftermath of my mother's passing, every person in that office wanted to have an extended conversation about it and how hard it must be for me and their religious beliefs about death (I was still pretty religious myself at the time and I still didn't want to hear it) and on and on and on when I just wanted to go five minutes without having to think about the worst thing that had happened in my life to that point.

Sometimes the people who mean well are the absolute worst. And, as you say, you can't ever TELL them that.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

docbeard posted:

Years ago, I worked in an office of fifty or sixty people, so small enough that we all knew each other by name but I wouldn't say that I was close in any meaningful sense to more than a handful of folks there.

In the immediate aftermath of my mother's passing, every person in that office wanted to have an extended conversation about it and how hard it must be for me and their religious beliefs about death (I was still pretty religious myself at the time and I still didn't want to hear it) and on and on and on when I just wanted to go five minutes without having to think about the worst thing that had happened in my life to that point.

Sometimes the people who mean well are the absolute worst. And, as you say, you can't ever TELL them that.

Yeah, I know it's coming from a good place, which just makes me feel worse about being irritated by it.

I've had my door open for weeks so my coworkers can enjoy the big basket of thank-you snacks I put out, but I had to close it for a couple of hours just to regain my composure. This poo poo is hard and people mean well but it's just really frustrating to tell the same story again every day, no there are no updates, no still not walking, same as yesterday. It's so tedious. I'm sorry about your mother. (hug)

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

docbeard posted:

This happened to me also after my father died, and it was the worst loving thing ever. Half of the time their well-meaning comments would launch me back into tears and then I would just spend the rest of the day staring at my computer and fighting the urge to break down. Then that would of course generate even more attention and people asking if I was okay, like a terrible vicious circle of tears and awkward platitudes.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Yeah, I know it's coming from a good place, which just makes me feel worse about being irritated by it.

I've had my door open for weeks so my coworkers can enjoy the big basket of thank-you snacks I put out, but I had to close it for a couple of hours just to regain my composure. This poo poo is hard and people mean well but it's just really frustrating to tell the same story again every day, no there are no updates, no still not walking, same as yesterday. It's so tedious. I'm sorry about your mother. (hug)

It was years ago and I'm as over it as one gets, but thank you :)

But yeah, that's honestly my biggest peeve of all. Situations where the people who are upsetting you are not really to blame for upsetting you. Hell, I'm sure I've been on the other side of it too, because of course you want to try to help when you see someone who's been through something awf-, something terrible, and anything you do in such a situation is such a tightrope between being too aloof and being a bother and it's way too easy to fall off.

Sometimes there's just nothing to be done, and that just makes it worse somehow.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
The upside of all this is I'm getting more visitors to my office, which I've painstakingly (before my injury) decorated for Halloween. So I'm getting a lot of "oh wow, it looks great in here!" which is a very nice flipside to the pity party I've been giving myself lately. So...I guess the silver lining is there if you look for it!

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Okay so I have to complain about traffic because it's bothering the hell out of me.

I live close to the interstate, about 10 minutes from downtown, and the road that turns off onto my street is a fairly busy commuter road for people who live in the next county over. In order to get off of this commuter road and onto my street when I'm coming home, I have to take a left turn across one oncoming lane. During rush hour my outgoing lane plods along at a steady 20 mph and the oncoming lane is usually empty.

No problem, right? Well, sometimes there's a tiny bit of oncoming traffic, and I have to come to full stop and wait 5-10 seconds before I can make the turn. This drives people loving INSANE. At least twice a week someone comes to a screeching halt behind me, honks, and tears into the shoulder to pass me. I signal my turns well in advance. I brake very gently. They're acting like jackasses just so they can get back in the line of cars that hasn't progressed even 100 yards down the road. They have lost nothing because of my interference, and they'll get home no later. Why can't people calm. the. gently caress. down.

There's this general impatience with other drivers that baffles me. When I come to a red light and want to make a right turn (which is legal in my state), I get people behind me who honk incessantly if I fail to take advantage of the barest of car-sized gaps in the intersecting traffic. Can I not be trusted to judge whether or not it's safe to take a turn? Can we not collectively accept that the worst case scenario here is waiting another 20 seconds for a green light?

Just today I watched a guy in the left turn lane at an intersection lay into his horn, throw obscene gestures and yell incoherently because the car in front of him stalled and he missed the left turn light. Losing 45 seconds of his day was an offense worth abandoning all pretense of civility or sanity.

I makes me want to move to a city with actual public transit, but I'm sure that's a laughably naive sentiment.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Where do you live?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

Chattanooga, TN

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Riatsala posted:

Chattanooga, TN

Well why not just commute on the choo choo?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

It only transports coal and non-union jobs :(

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ever notice how any hotel room between like $50-$800 a night is more or less identical? Yeah the more expensive ones may look newer but who gives a poo poo. I'm staying there either because I'm working or I've come to see an actual attraction that isn't a hotel room. My work just put me up in a $500 a night place because that was all they could find at the last minute, and it may as well have been a day's inn for all the difference the price made.

I think the main difference is the number of pillows you have to throw onto the floor before you can sit on the couch/lay on the bed. When was it decided that piling pillows 3/4s of the way down the bed was a thing that people wanted. Does anyone actually sleep like that? My bed has 2 pillows, 1 for each occupant. I could understand wanting an extra pillow to prop your head up more, or maybe a body pillow if you sleep on your side.

Magician shows can be fun, and I don't know why so many people are obsessed with pointing out how the trick works (or wanting to know). We all know it's fake, there's no such thing as magic, why does it matter how it is faked? I mean if you are just curious because it was really cool and it interests you, fine, but most of the time people only want to know so they can smugly yell out "theres a hidden platform" or "there's a wire" and ruin everyone's fun. It's a show, just watch it. Or don't, if you don't like it so much.

Oh god this is the worst. It's like they're fishing for a compliment on how they figured out it's not really magic.

Riatsala posted:

Losing 45 seconds of his day was an offense worth abandoning all pretense of civility or sanity.

Yeah

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Oct 27, 2016

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I've got a lot of these todays, but: lovely to-go cups. The ones my favorite place uses suck suck suck, and on the occasion I forget my travel mug I have to experience disappointment anew. For some reason, the lip of the cup will like, melt until it's a mass of waxy paper the lid doesn't fit right on, so if you pop a top on as you head out the door there's a good chance the cup will collapse in your hand, comically spraying you down with hot coffee and leaving you reeking.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Riatsala posted:

There's this general impatience with other drivers that baffles me.

I don't drive, so I can't say for certain that I wouldn't be the same, but I notice that pretty much every driver is like this and it makes no sense. Like, if the speed limit is 100 and you're stuck behind someone doing 95, how much difference do you think that's actually making to your travel time? Because the answer is barely any. If you drive like that for two hours, you're about five minutes behind where you would have been under ideal conditions. If that's going to make you late, you were always going to be late.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Tiggum posted:

I don't drive, so I can't say for certain that I wouldn't be the same, but I notice that pretty much every driver is like this and it makes no sense. Like, if the speed limit is 100 and you're stuck behind someone doing 95, how much difference do you think that's actually making to your travel time? Because the answer is barely any. If you drive like that for two hours, you're about five minutes behind where you would have been under ideal conditions. If that's going to make you late, you were always going to be late.

I don't think it's so much the time wasted as it is the fact that you're suddenly being forced to adhere to somebody else's pace, usually for no explicable reason. If the speed limit is 100 on a relatively uncrowded road then I am planning on doing 100 and don't really have to think about my speed until it's time for me to exit the freeway. But if suddenly I'm stuck behind someone doing 95 I now have to focus on altering and then controlling my speed to match the person in front of me as well as wondering why they are driving so slowly (is their car having mechanical difficulties? Are there hazards on the road? Are they drunk or having a medical emergency? Or are they just a loving retard who shouldn't have a licence?), then try to either find a gap in the traffic to go around the slower driver or deal with people racing up behind me and then having to also slow down. It's a whole lot of poo poo I shouldn't have to deal with just because some rear end-hat thinks they know better than the people who set the speed limits. Just do the speed limit. Nothing makes me wish death on a person faster than them doing ten under the speed limit for no apparent reason.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Part of my job is taking passport photos, it's a massive bit of walk-in business. We do Canadian, American, and all the international stuff. I definitely understand the nerves that come with applying for this stuff, but really there's no need to show me the information for the fourth time. It's one of those things where I try to be empathetic, because nobody wants to fill in this stuff from scratch, but really, no, I understand the size requirements. It's not necessary for you to go behind me and measure the photos again.

Most people are fine and I make sure the sizing's right and I'll redo it if there's a doubt, but please don't shove the form in my face for the third time.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

The Moon Monster posted:

Ever notice how any hotel room between like $50-$800 a night is more or less identical? Yeah the more expensive ones may look newer but who gives a poo poo. I'm staying there either because I'm working or I've come to see an actual attraction that isn't a hotel room. My work just put me up in a $500 a night place because that was all they could find at the last minute, and it may as well have been a day's inn for all the difference the price made.

I think the main difference is the number of pillows you have to throw onto the floor before you can sit on the couch/lay on the bed. When was it decided that piling pillows 3/4s of the way down the bed was a thing that people wanted. Does anyone actually sleep like that? My bed has 2 pillows, 1 for each occupant. I could understand wanting an extra pillow to prop your head up more, or maybe a body pillow if you sleep on your side.

It's me. I love pillows.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

The Moon Monster posted:

Counterpoint, never ever stay at a Motel 6 on the edge of town. I-35 Austin Motel 6 was $65/night and was loving filthy and disgusting beyond words. Pubes between the comforter and sheets. Cigarette burns on the comforter. We asked for a non-smoking room, so they turned the ashtray upside down to reveal a "No Smoking" sticker. Phone was completely dismantled, like handset disconnected from cord, cord disconnected from receiver, receiver disconnected from wall (it worked fine once reassembled). Door didn't lock, had to use dead bolt. Bathroom door didn't close all the way.

I won't say all cheap motel/hotel rooms are the same, but I'll definitely never stay at a Motel 6 again. I thought franchises generally were held to some kind of corporate standard, but I guess not in that shithole of a motel chain.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I have stayed in a decent motel 6 but yeah I avoid them whenever possible. At best you get a decent unoffensive room, at worst you get to sleep with (and possibly bring home with you) assorted bugs.

I think the most reliable relatively cheap hotel is holiday inn. Even the ones overseas are all the same. I will often pay the extra money though to stay in the hilton or radisson blu just because I enjoy the room service plus having a hotel bar experience. Also you are far less likely to have a noisy neighbor just because of the nature of the clientelle that the higher end places attract (and even if you do the soundproofing of the rooms is usually very good).

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
People who believe physical exercise is a cure all. Absolutely, being in good shape is a great thing, no one is arguing against that. However, because of a nasty thing that happened to my back I am NOT allowed to run or do heavy lifting. Ever. It sucks, but doctors and physiotherapists tend to know what they are on about. I can do slow walking, I can swim, but that's about it. Under the circumstances I'm grateful I don't need a walker or a wheel chair. Obviously this makes me feel like shite once in a while. And yes, I'm no longer in great shape. However, telling me to hit the gym or take up distance running to cure me? gently caress off, OK?

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

BattyKiara posted:

People who believe physical exercise is a cure all. Absolutely, being in good shape is a great thing, no one is arguing against that. However, because of a nasty thing that happened to my back I am NOT allowed to run or do heavy lifting. Ever. It sucks, but doctors and physiotherapists tend to know what they are on about. I can do slow walking, I can swim, but that's about it. Under the circumstances I'm grateful I don't need a walker or a wheel chair. Obviously this makes me feel like shite once in a while. And yes, I'm no longer in great shape. However, telling me to hit the gym or take up distance running to cure me? gently caress off, OK?

I've struggled with depression and PTSD all my life, and the number of people who've told me to do yoga is downright insulting. Like it isn't me just feeling sad for a while, this is a medical condition caused by years of abuse. I need medication and therapy. Which I'm getting. And I didn't ask for your advice anyways

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

cyberia posted:

But if suddenly I'm stuck behind someone doing 95 I now have to focus on altering and then controlling my speed to match the person in front of me as well as wondering why they are driving so slowly (is their car having mechanical difficulties? Are there hazards on the road? Are they drunk or having a medical emergency? Or are they just a loving retard who shouldn't have a licence?), then try to either find a gap in the traffic to go around the slower driver or deal with people racing up behind me and then having to also slow down. It's a whole lot of poo poo I shouldn't have to deal with just because some rear end-hat thinks they know better than the people who set the speed limits. Just do the speed limit. Nothing makes me wish death on a person faster than them doing ten under the speed limit for no apparent reason.

Mine is the opposite of this - most times I avoid the interstate/highway because assholes will climb right up peoples' asses even when they're doing 10-15 over the limit. I've had that happen way too often where I'll be cruising along in a middle lane doing 75 in a 65 and some dipshit comes flying up on my bumper expecting me to go faster or move. Motherfucker, you've got at least TWO other lanes you can use to go around, I'm not in the passing lane and I don't give a poo poo if you're late getting to your crappy job that you clearly don't care about if you can't figure out how to work an alarm clock to get your stupid lazy rear end out of bed to get there in time. Unless you're an ambulance, police officer, or fire/rescue, you can eat a dick and have some patience - I don't run on anyone else's schedule but my own, so gently caress off.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Thank you, man. I've basically become a zen-like master in snatching them out of air but this is much easier.

areyoucontagious posted:

Over-sharing co-workers. Listen, lady, I don't want to be an rear end but you're forcing me there: I don't want to hear your litany of health problems, stories about how hosed up your children and grandchildren are, or anything related to anything about your Dumpster Fire of a life. If I wasn't pinned next to you in this training if have bailed 5 minutes in.

As someone who worked in a career where about 80% of people were middle-aged women, I know your pain. Of course I listened to their stories because I am deathly afraid of being rude in real life but I am wondering, does that generation just not talk to their husbands or something?

DarkCrawler has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Oct 27, 2016

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Mine is the opposite of this - most times I avoid the interstate/highway because assholes will climb right up peoples' asses even when they're doing 10-15 over the limit. I've had that happen way too often where I'll be cruising along in a middle lane doing 75 in a 65 and some dipshit comes flying up on my bumper expecting me to go faster or move. Motherfucker, you've got at least TWO other lanes you can use to go around, I'm not in the passing lane and I don't give a poo poo if you're late getting to your crappy job that you clearly don't care about if you can't figure out how to work an alarm clock to get your stupid lazy rear end out of bed to get there in time. Unless you're an ambulance, police officer, or fire/rescue, you can eat a dick and have some patience - I don't run on anyone else's schedule but my own, so gently caress off.

Am I a bad person for explicitly taking my foot off the gas if someone does this to me while I'm already speeding? Going 10-15 over, and they apparently want to do like 30 over instead.

Once I had a guy so close to me that my rear view mirror was only catching his windshield and no other part of his car. At 55 mph. I let off of the gas and made him suffer, and he stayed behind me and suffered even though he could have whipped around me. We were down to maybe 25 by the time I had to get into my turn lane.

Edit: I regret doing a very petulant, spiteful, idiotic thing.

liquidypoo has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Nov 14, 2016

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Why would you do that? Stop making the road dangerous just becuase some dickhead in a cheap lift kit thinks you're slow. You do realize this is what you did, yes? Everyone else on the road, including yourself, had a road rage candidate on the wheel and you think you solved the problem by being a goddamn hall monitor. Maybe he could have swerved out of your drat rear end. But he didn't and now you, the idiot that thinks they're saving lives or whatever, is causing the traffic problem.

loving hell I hate that poo poo. Drive your car, don't be a dick. These shouldn't be mutually exclusive concepts.

Edit: I know what you're thinking: he should have passed on the left. I don't disagree, but your petulant child behavior of decelerating to the point of dumbassery made the road less safe for everyone.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If you slow down but are still going at or above the speed limit, it's entirely the other driver's fault if they hit you. He didn't brake-check him, which is pretty obnoxious, he just said he slowed down. The only one making the road unsafe in the described scenario is the guy speeding and tailgating. I personally wouldn't want to risk an accident just to make a point, but it's still completely on the other driver to follow at a safe distance. Normally in those situations I just move to the right and let them pass (assuming a 3 lane highway and I'm in the middle), but unfortunately a lot of times when you go to try this they suddenly swerve and pass you on the right.