Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
"If there's a war, [press this button] and I'll come help you."

- a boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

InFlames235 posted:

Still think they're doing a custom X2 which is what lead to the delays on this console. I remember this was supposed to come out originally in November.

I wouldn't think it's an X2 just because it was delayed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

InFlames235 posted:

The biggest omission that offends me greatly as a gamer man is that there is no "gamer girl" button that we can see on the Switch. All the rumors in this thread had lead me to believe there would be :(.

Check out the patent they filed for the wireless kegel-activated joycon.

joycooze

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

journos have already leaked to us gamer girls the switch stuff they haven't revealed yet. don't worry about the gamer girl button

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If it turns out manufacturing a Pascal-based chip is cheaper for them it'll probably be Pascal-based as compared to Maxwell and that would make it more of a custom X2 than a custom X1. But, I still wouldn't expect the performance estimates people were getting excited about with the X2 even in that case since I imagine Nvidia would be essentially using binned chips from what they're putting out for cars for the Switch.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

oddium posted:

journos have already leaked to us gamer girls the switch stuff they haven't revealed yet. don't worry about the gamer girl button

Can gay guys use the girl gamer button?

Not gay but Asking for my boyfriend

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

greatn posted:

Also consider this:

Consider this. The hint of the century. Consider this. The Switch that brought me. To my knees.

All right I've said too much. I haven't said enough.

The Shield costs two hundred dollars.

The shield is sold for profit.

They don't make money on software.

Switch is not much more

Switch is not much more

Than the next.

Generation.

Of Shield.

What song's melody is this supposed to match?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the first few lines are losing my religion and then... :whitewater:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
From "The shield costs two hundred dollars" it's too the tube of the part of losing my religion where it's "I thought that I heard you laughing. I thought that I heard you sing. I think I thought i saw you try. That was just a dream. That was just a dream."

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

Agreed, especially when you can get a PS4 or Xbone with a disc drive, more power and a game for $299. When you consider that some people won't care about portability the base model really need to be more like $249. I feel like a $400 Switch bundle would have to be some kind of big, limited 'Nintendo Catchup' deal that included ports of 4 or 5 of the big Wii U exclusives (Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Smash, maybe BotW), targeted at the people who like their games but never got a Wii U.

If you're still using disks in 2017 you are seriously doing poo poo wrong. Also has been said a million times carts are actually back to being better/as cheap now.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

greatn posted:

From "The shield costs two hundred dollars" it's too the tube of the part of losing my religion where it's "I thought that I heard you laughing. I thought that I heard you sing. I think I thought i saw you try. That was just a dream. That was just a dream."

Thanks, now I've done it properly in my head and enjoyed as intended. Nice work

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

LethalGeek posted:

If you're still using disks in 2017 you are seriously doing poo poo wrong. Also has been said a million times carts are actually back to being better/as cheap now.

Nintendo was ahead of its time with the Nintendo 64.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm going to stick my 3ds in the switch cradle.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

Can gay guys use the girl gamer button?

Not gay but Asking for my boyfriend

Why would they be able to?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I hope Nintendo does something in regards to bringing Wii U games to the Switch.

If digital compatibility is not possible due to architectural differences, then perhaps they might chose to remaster several games for the switch. I know many people missed out on the Wii U generation for a variety of reasons.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I don't care if I'm allowed to push the girl gamer button or not. I'm going to do it anyway. If it makes me even gayer, so be it

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

youcallthatatwist posted:

I don't care if I'm allowed to push the girl gamer button or not. I'm going to do it anyway. If it makes me even gayer, so be it

You'll die.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

youcallthatatwist posted:

Pushing the girl gamer button doesn't make you gay, don't be homophobic.

You don't wanna know what happens when a guy pushes the girl gamer button

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hace posted:

You'll die.

The ultimate switch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Unless the switch totally bombs they are definitely going to remaster big Wii U titles for it. It's a great way to make money and it's standard practice nowadays. Other companies do it on the Bone and PS4 and Nintendo has the "advantage" that half the people buying won't even know they're remasters because they don't know the Wii U existed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope they don't remake a single Wii U game for the switch because I already have them all (for the most part) and would rather see new games.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Tender Bender posted:

Unless the switch totally bombs they are definitely going to remaster big Wii U titles for it. It's a great way to make money and it's standard practice nowadays. Other companies do it on the Bone and PS4 and Nintendo has the "advantage" that half the people buying won't even know they're remasters because they don't know the Wii U existed.

Is that some sort of 32x thing for the Wii? :confused:

Serious-talk: haven't given a poo poo about Nintendo for years, but unreasonably excited about the Switch. Please remaster every Wii U and 3DS game for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Coldforge posted:

Serious-talk: haven't given a poo poo about Nintendo for years, but unreasonably excited about the Switch. Please remaster every Wii U and 3DS game for it.

If you haven't been interested for years, why do you want all the Wii U games that didn't interest you?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm so excited for Nintendo to possibly rerelease games I could easily buy and play right now.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There will be remasters and incremental sequels aplenty, I'm sure, but Mario Maker will remain a treasure reserved exclusively for the faithful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Coldforge posted:

That probably wont work out so hot.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pushing the girl gamer button doesn't make you gay, don't be homophobic.

You don't wanna know what happens when a guy pushes the girl gamer button

Lmao dude I'm gay. Hence the "even gayer" part. I was just kidding

Content: I'm pretty sure the new splatoon isn't just a port. Having the map on the gamepad at all times was vital in that game, and they'll have to build around that somehow. I'm still hoping they'll do something to address the fact that Splatoon only came out, like, a year ago, and making people buy the exact same game again feels kind of like a ripoff. Then again, this is Nin "Virtual Console" Tendo, so

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/791455799302246400

I don'w anna wait that loong!!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

elf help book posted:

I'm so excited for Nintendo to possibly rerelease games I could easily buy and play right now.

$300 for a system at the end of it's life and with a catalog of games I have limited interest in may be easy, I guess.

Easier still to just wait and hope for remasters of the best of that system's games on a platform I'm intrigued enough by to want to purchase.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
See y'all Jan 12

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I love how Ninty is just stringing us along. That's a long rear end lead time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamnit Nintendo. I already got a 3DS, I'm not getting the Classic Micro Mini no matter what, just tell me about the Switch now!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The world could be dead by then mang.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
"Nintendo should just focus on handhelds!" and so they listened and it was good.
"Nintendo should announce their Directs beforehand!" and so they listened and now I gotta wait 77 days and 5 loving hours gently caress

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don'w anna wait that loong!!

At least, it's not something crazy like March 13 or something like I was worried it would be.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Nintendo should just focus on handhelds!" and so they listened and it was good.
"Nintendo should announce their Directs beforehand!" and so they listened and now I gotta wait 77 days and 5 loving hours gently caress

The 77 days of Switch-dom.

Can we endure the trials?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
At least it will only be a 2 month pre-order window. I'm guessing POs will go live as soon as the thing ends.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
A new era of Nintendo will begin in 77 days. I await that day with baited breath

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've never even seen a Wii U in person and the only games for it I can name are Splatoon, Smash Bros., and Mario Maker, so I'm completely okay with the Switch's entire library being Wii U ports/remasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How much data are carts like what were shown in the trailer able to hold nowadays? And if they're big enough can devs set aside memory on them to store entire DLC packs and save data on?

The 3DS cards came in 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB* variants, and the 3DS games were capped at $40. A lot of people have been saying that 32 GB is totally reasonable to expect for Switch games, compared to 50 GB for a BluRay. They'd probably do an expanding thing with smaller carts saving money, so, like, a 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, and 32 GB option at first, with 64 GB coming on later on in the process as an option.

*Never actually used

• Locked thread