Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

keyframe posted:

Bunch of us are getting this on the #pcgaming discord so if anyone is looking for people to play with when it comes out is welcome to join.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794397

Peep the OP there is already a discord people are using, no sense in fracturing goon stomping groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
If there are no shields does that mean there are no weak points either?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I hope that's the case because boy howdy getting literally 2 shot by a 40mm crit from across the map is the loving worst and everyone does that poo poo.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Brutakas posted:

If there are no shields does that mean there are no weak points either?
Northstar clearly does as visible in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekOw-FIZXg&t=40s
Gonna check his other titan videos to see if I can see the critical spot indicator on ones like Tone or Legion.

Edit:
"good" news! Aside from Scorch, they can all target and hit weak points like they did in TF1! :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 26, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Lookin forward to playing and seeing the rest of the mechs in the first 2 weeks on PC before we find out what it's like to use the death star beam with a mouse

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

radintorov posted:

Northstar clearly does as visible in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekOw-FIZXg&t=40s
Gonna check his other titan videos to see if I can see the critical spot indicator on ones like Tone or Legion.

Edit:
"good" news! Aside from Scorch, they can all target and hit weak points like they did in TF1! :v:

Northstar and Ronin look badass.

Damone
May 3, 2009
I'm glad that we all so far agree on the size of the poster we are getting. :getin:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Where's the option for the BT daki

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Is this glorious thing VPNable?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

AHHHHHH OH MY GOD WALL RUN OR SOMETHING. GO FAST FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK

I hate that these people get the game early. THESE PEOPLE!

If you want to get really mad go watch the polygon Doom 2016 footage from release day. It's comical really, people that get paid to review video games are objectively bad at playing video games.

Video for reference:

https://youtu.be/d3pQ0oO_cDE

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 26, 2016

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

black.lion posted:

Is this glorious thing VPNable?

I wouldn't see why not? I mean there was PC Gamer article telling you exactly how to VPN unlock TF1 early. Now if only GMG would send the blasted key already we could be playing at like midday tomorrow :ohdear:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I got my key in the mail and am preloading :black101: Not from GMG tho sorry bro hope things turn around for you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mr.Citrus posted:

If you want to get really mad go watch the polygon Doom 2016 footage from release day. It's comical really, people that get paid to review video games are objectively bad at playing video games.

Video for reference:

https://youtu.be/d3pQ0oO_cDE

Is that why the campaigns are always 5 hours...because they play them on Easy or Very Easy?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

That and they might not be interested in sending themselves insane searching every nook and cranny for collectibles. I feel like I'm letting this compulsion go the older I get, thank gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-ALPfs0Dg

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The collectables are all down an alternate path that you have to wall run to get there. They just didn't know how to do it!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So guess what, the PC Vanguard Edition is cheaper because it comes with the Standard Edition of the game and not the Deluxe Edition, so I ordered it on Origin anyway. :v:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Gerstman from giantbomb gave TF2 a 5/5. I cannot wait till Thursday night...

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-756/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mr.Citrus posted:

Gerstman from giantbomb gave TF2 a 5/5. I cannot wait till Thursday night...

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-756/

Apparently you can VPN unlock it at like 8AM EST tomorrow if you pretend you're in Switzerland

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Please don't engage the troll. This is a thread for TF not for being baited into discussing whether or not titanfall is representative of the LGBT community.

And in my book, for the record, bro-titans marrying bro-pilots is A-OK with me, if not preferable!

I was literally advocating what you said - talking about TF2 instead of complaining about the critical reception of 2014's Shadow of Mordor

Edit whoops new page

Content
https://youtu.be/5t212B6z3mM

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 27, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

AdmiralViscen posted:

I was literally advocating what you said - talking about TF2 instead of complaining about the critical reception of 2014's Shadow of Mordor

Edit whoops new page

Content
https://youtu.be/5t212B6z3mM

God drat this game looks fast and fun. Though why you would ever play a no-titan mode is beyond me.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I voted for Gundam. :smith:

This will be my first Titanfall experience. Ever since the single-player was revealed, this game has constantly reminded me of Vanquish, for some reason. Hearing that the campaign and overall gameplay is just as tight as that won me over. So I pre-ordered last night. :woop:

Do we have a network going? We should probably get one started!

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 27, 2016

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Was there ever a in universe explanation for health regen? I don't know why but I love when there's a in universe explanation

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

"Advanced technology"? Let's call them nano-medic-machines eh?

Can't decide if I want to finish the campaign first or dive straight into multiplayer

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I think I'm going to blast through the SP if I can unlock it early. Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the slide because man I am bad at air strafing as a way to chain wall runs together.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope beating the Campaign and collecting poo poo nets us cool poo poo for MP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I think I'm going to blast through the SP if I can unlock it early. Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the slide because man I am bad at air strafing as a way to chain wall runs together.

The slide is pretty much the greatest thing. I abuse the gently caress out of it. It's so satisfying to realize you are about to lose a shootout just to slide right at them and shoot them in the balls to death.

Actually the grappling hook is the greatest thing but the slide is a close second.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

I hope beating the Campaign and collecting poo poo nets us cool poo poo for MP.

Someone on Reddit said that completing the campaign gives you absolutely nothing.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Was able to get an early copy from a local shop that doesn't give a gently caress. :woop:

gently caress.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Brink was good and I'm glad it pushed more FPS's to experiment with more freedom of movement. I don't think we'd have Titanfall without stuff like Brink and Mirror's Edge.

It needed to cook for a few more months and died due to a lovely launch rip

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wazzit posted:

Was able to get an early copy from a local shop that doesn't give a gently caress. :woop:

gently caress.

You weren't kidding when you said they don't give a gently caress.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wazzit posted:

gently caress.

That wrong game is on the wrong side.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Lemming posted:

Brink was good and I'm glad it pushed more FPS's to experiment with more freedom of movement. I don't think we'd have Titanfall without stuff like Brink and Mirror's Edge.

It needed to cook for a few more months and died due to a lovely launch rip

Sorry, come again?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gunder posted:

Someone on Reddit said that completing the campaign gives you absolutely nothing.

God drat it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

dreffen posted:

Sorry, come again?

It took until they released the DLC (which was free for a limited time since they knew they hosed up so bad lol) but they sorted out the vast majority of the issues the game launched with (buggy graphics/networking, maps lacked verticality and alternate routes so became choke point camp fests, higher level players had better guns etc) but the game was dead by then so nobody knew

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Lemming posted:

It took until they released the DLC (which was free for a limited time since they knew they hosed up so bad lol) but they sorted out the vast majority of the issues the game launched with (buggy graphics/networking, maps lacked verticality and alternate routes so became choke point camp fests, higher level players had better guns etc) but the game was dead by then so nobody knew

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lemming posted:

I didn't play it that much but that game came out in a time where you really couldn't get away with charging 60 dollars for a multiplayer only game. Even now it's hard sell unless you are Blizzard or something. See: Titanfall 1

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Damone posted:

I'm glad that we all so far agree on the size of the poster we are getting. :getin:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Sorry I don't have that much wall space :saddowns:

e: So what time (EST) does this release in Japan? Sorry I'm really bad at time I can never figure this stuff out.

black.lion fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 27, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

Sorry I don't have that much wall space :saddowns:

e: So what time (EST) does this release in Japan? Sorry I'm really bad at time I can never figure this stuff out.

1:05 pm I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?
Will this have a strong community on PC?