Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Blondie

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Kliban

Lockhorns

Mary Worth

Office Hours

Reply All

Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

What happened between the first and second panels?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nenonen posted:

What happened between the first and second panels?

Blondie divorced his wife and has started a relationship with the mailman. He's running as he's still living with his ex-wife while she finds another place, but it's really, really awkward when all three of them are in the same place together. Originally this was a 32 panel strip but unfortunately it was cut down to the usually three in editing. The cartoonist said he's hoping to get the original directors cut of it published next year.

The "E-ew" is a moan of passion.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Oh, look at that. Some of Luann's classmates actually decided to do the assignment.

quote:

Kris Bennett said, 1 day ago
So yeah, Emo Kid thinks clothes are for conformist or something like that? I watch a lot of South Park and I miss the Goth Kids.

quote:

Brdshtt GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
Zebo was looking behind the sign?
Tch, tch…

Hey Mr. Beeg!

quote:

Three Steps Over Japan said, 1 day ago
The interview with Dana Simpson (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, Ozy and Millie) posted at:
webcomicsinterviews.com
New poll question – Unicorn?
Post your answer in the blog comments.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
Okay I GIVE Up.What in the name of the late Charles Schulz is that guy on the extreme left supposed to be???

quote:

purple sky GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
Why do I get the feeling that Zebo is going to dis Luann’s dress? Not artsy-fartsy enough for him, I’m thinking.
To note, as of this point I don't think Zebo has actually really done anything except tell everyone they are great regardless of what they do.

quote:

æ² said, 1 day ago
Looks like Emo kid is wearing a skin-colored Borat-style outfit, so he’s not really naked. But even if he were — we’ve seen it all before kid. Seems kind of hard to be non-conformist these days when the Internet pretty much shows everyone the gamut of possibilities (including a lot that you don’t want to see). And being Emo, by definition, means you’re conforming with that particular genre/look.
Up against the competition, here, I’d say that Luann’s dress — while being a perfectly fine bridesmaid dress and a creation that she can be proud of — is still probably the most pedestrian, ordinary, boring entry of the lot from the perspective of it being some sort of unique artistic statement. Oh well. I do like her pose and her confident smile while wearing it.

quote:

Philip B. said, 1 day ago
Man…Is that supposed to be a rip on Trump with the dog and the wig and tie? There is no escape from this crazy campaign it seems. Well, Trump has his problems but he is WAY better than Hillary. You can’t have a corrupt liar as President..Obstruction of Justice is illegal regardless if the Obama justice department is corrupt and not enforcing laws. I cant wait till the election is over.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 22 hours ago
@outsideplaying
“….,Jock guy. Haven’t exactly figured out the ‘art’ part of his gig yet.”
Well Outside? A ‘certain’ Presidential Candidate, who the dog bears a STRONG resemblance to, once wrote a book called “The Art of the Deal.” Sooooooooo, there You have Jocko and Team Evans’ (Opposite) Choice for Our “Next.”
And be sure to stay Tuned Daily for Exciting, but Distressing, Future Subliminal Messages from the Desk of Greg!

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Shoe

quote:

Old Texan75 said, about 21 hours ago
@Bruno Zeigerts
Small town in Texas.(Where else?) Deaf man, mentally retarded, was overcome by the heat. He was carrying in his hand a small pocketknife. Some store employees got him inside and gave him water. Meanwhile someone had called the cops. Cop shows up. Heros into the store, screaming ’ Get on the ground.’ Employees trying to tell cop guy is unresponsive. Cop spots small pocket knife, which hasn’t been an issue up to now. Deaf guy just looks at cop. Doesn’t hear cop. Cop shoots him. Dead. Internal investigation reveals that weakened deaf mute “lunges” at cop. Cop fears for his life, so shooting was justified. Wonder if deaf guy just was falling down?

Dustin

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like it's kinda important to make a distinction between Michael and Mike Myers.

nothing to see here, just a furry clam

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So how many hours a day does Adams spend peering suspiciously outside through his blinds, do you think? I'm guessing at least 10.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

dr_rat posted:

Blondie divorced his wife and has started a relationship with the mailman. He's running as he's still living with his ex-wife while she finds another place, but it's really, really awkward when all three of them are in the same place together. Originally this was a 32 panel strip but unfortunately it was cut down to the usually three in editing. The cartoonist said he's hoping to get the original directors cut of it published next year.

The "E-ew" is a moan of passion.

Blondie is the blonde woman.

I find your story suspect. :colbert:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

So a vote for Hillary is, in the end, a safer choice for America? Glad we agree.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

BigglesSWE posted:

So a vote for Hillary is, in the end, a safer choice for America? Glad we agree.

Well, it'd be the other way around. Hillary's foreign policy calls for more meddling in the middle east, which leads to ISIS getting more recruits.
So, it' be safer now, with less safe in the future.

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

GREETINGS KIT WALKER AT GUNPOINT

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

What costume is that supposed to be? Also, stop slouching.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is an accident waiting to happen.

Working Daze is hirinoh God SWEET JESUS :gonk:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix saves you the trouble of watching a Sox game.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
How bad of an artist do you have to be to gently caress up a Trump caricature? The man is already a walking cartoon.

But that Working Daze Trump looks like Strong Mad from Homestar Runner with a fright wig.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Indolent Bastard posted:

What costume is that supposed to be? Also, stop slouching.

From what I remember she bought the dress to go on dates. She hasn't been on a date in forever so this party is an excuse to wear the dress.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix saves you the trouble of watching a Sox game.

why are they all wearing the same outfit? are they all time travelers?

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why are they all wearing the same outfit? are they all time travelers?

Yes. They are all the same person.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Those look like some real outdoorsy shoes there. Perfect for a hike.

F Minus

Lips and assholes.

Mary Worth

"Thanks for the steaming pile of poo poo, Mary! Now come into the other room and I'll show you all the anime figurines I bought over there!"

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

She's a man! Now I'm more confused than ever.

Apartment 3-G

A teenage girl wandering the streets of NYC late at night in 1970 was probably not the best idea.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
With Mary Worth becoming a silver fox and Wilbur suddenly losing 50lbs, it looks like Benjamin Button Syndrome is spreading through Charterstone.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is hirinoh God SWEET JESUS :gonk:

"Mullets and combovers are the same thing, right?"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Scott Adams is making friends wherever he goes, isn't he.

Meanwhile, Bloom County pours a round for a fallen comrade.

Skippy (August 26-28, 1929)

Peanuts (October 29, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 27-28, 1929)

Thimble Theater (May 15, 1930)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

[quote="Strontium" post="465764247
Intelligent Life

[/quote]

oh, look, it's "Nerdy girl lets her hair down, takes off her glasses, and is magically transformed into a stunner." I knew Reddick couldn't resist the call of the cliche.

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

e: plop

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

One of my favorite things about Pros and Cons is the tiny little mouths.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

mwdan posted:

GREETINGS KIT WALKER AT GUNPOINT
It's kind of amazing that the Phantom can accurately interpret that as "Our son got to the monastery safely, but was briefly detained at gunpoint before arriving" and not immediately read it as a prelude to a ransom demand.

SEND US YOUR STOLEN TREASURE OR KIT WALKER DIES

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

You just know there's a bottle of bourbon in his desk with his name on it. The faster he gives everybody an A and ends class, the faster they will be together. It helps him forget Back Then, back when he still loved art.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Holy poo poo, clean your apartment

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

You just know there's a bottle of bourbon in his desk with his name on it. The faster he gives everybody an A and ends class, the faster they will be together. It helps him forget Back Then, back when he still loved art.
Why does the cut of the top half of the dress flip every frame?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

A teenage girl wandering the streets of NYC late at night in 1970 was probably not the best idea.

At least she won't have to worry about any orks or trolls.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elysiume posted:

Why does the cut of the top half of the dress flip every frame?
Uh oh

Art can be beautiful and useful?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts: Year Five proves that art can be beautiful and useful (for teaching you how to emotionally wound close friends). (August 1-3, 1955)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Maldraedior posted:

Holy poo poo, clean your apartment

And to think that he just vacuumed there an hour ago.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

And He Did. (July, 1915)

Outbursts of Everett True (October, 1915)

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (February, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (January, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (July, 1940)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)
A step back for Tweedy - found an older source.

Jaf (1967)

Feiffer (1969, click for big)

Andy Capp (October, 1970, click for big)

Wee Pals (November, 1970, click for big)

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Shear Madness (http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/event/TQMAD) is a comedy play that has played at the Kennedy Center in DC basically forever. It's not very funny.

Dick Tracy (August, 2009, click for big)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Adam Ames

That Rookie from the 13th Squad

...more MilPlop

Ella Cinders

Myra North, Special Nurse

But first, permit me to remove this plastic clay from my face!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I keep hearing the bald guy in JP as the bald Cajun guy from Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

• Locked thread