Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/791138814110629889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

George posted:

like i bet you say "snigger" and "niggardly" all the time hoping some skeleton lord gets upset at you while chuckling inside at your clever mask

no i dont. in fact in that context i was referring to the puncher not being on the moral high ground for what amounted to an accident on red hoodie kid's part. but i think you all know that and just leapt on an opportunity to shriek and show everyone else how fuckin' holy you are, so...guess i cut a little close to the bone on not being in such a rush to be "right"?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i need an "in fact -> well actually" greasemonkey script

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Panty Saluter posted:

no i dont. in fact in that context i was referring to the puncher not being on the moral high ground for what amounted to an accident on red hoodie kid's part. but i think you all know that and just leapt on an opportunity to shriek and show everyone else how fuckin' holy you are, so...guess i cut a little close to the bone on not being in such a rush to be "right"?

This is a safe place, you can tell us if you do that.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i'd like tho to say thanks to this thread for directing me to learn the context and racial history behind the term "uppity" as I never actually knew before

not that i regularly use it as an adjective or expression but I'd surely have hated to use it without knowing - and now i wont at all since it seems in poor form regardless of the race of the person being referred to? as though, regardless of race, if it weren't a black person, you could just mentally suffix ", like a n***" after whatever context used in.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
http://starfox.about.com.msnbc.org.edu.taft.whitehouse.gov.melon.grapefruit.heliohost.org/

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Well, this was a nice picture thread...

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

o no u di'ndt :fuckthis:
:nws: :nws:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Bill NYSE posted:

o no u di'ndt :fuckthis:
:nws: :nws:

saw that lol

whoever did that owns

i saw that thing as a kid when it was new and i lived in MI, was part of a field trip

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Sniep posted:

saw that lol

whoever did that owns

i saw that thing as a kid when it was new and i lived in MI, was part of a field trip

YOu saw a dildo stuck to a mirrorbean on a field trip? Michigan is weird.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

woodch posted:

Well, this was a nice picture thread...

we hit page FF and it's time to roll over.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

doc brown appears to have sold the delorean

http://i.imgur.com/67wFuun.mp4

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

im the cat that nearly bought it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/ydIsZk9.mp4

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

stay comfy pupper

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I had no idea uppity was a racial thing and turns out I've also been using it wrong. I thought it meant like uptight or something. welp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
My dad called Johnnie Cochran "uppity" and did a faux-minstrel thing during the OJ trial "Oh look at me, i'm Johnnie Cochran! I'm a mighty fine dresser yassuh!", if that helps give you some context.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sagebrush posted:

He must have been able to hit 88mph in that shitheap

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BANME.sh posted:

I had no idea uppity was a racial thing and turns out I've also been using it wrong. I thought it meant like uptight or something. welp

strictly speaking it means "getting above your station". it's not exclusively a racial thing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

lol they hit a power pole didn't they?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Panty Saluter posted:

strictly speaking it means "getting above your station". it's not exclusively a racial thing

and as i said, "getting above your station" is a bullshit thing regardless of ethnicity and is an invalid way to approach anyone, not to mention the origination of the use towards blacks being heinous

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sniep posted:

and as i said, "getting above your station" is a bullshit thing regardless of ethnicity and is an invalid way to approach anyone, not to mention the origination of the use towards blacks being heinous

well yes, by all means pretend like you don't know who i am and just assume that im the grand wizard of the local chapter

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

this thread is starting to get a little above its station

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Panty Saluter posted:

can you go back to watching south park and stop posting in here please

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

look, you've all decided that i'm Literally Hitler, so just know this: I hope you all stub your pinky toes really hard soon

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Heresiarch posted:

can you go back to watching south park and stop posting in here please

Agreed. Try GBS. YOSPOS is above your -- well, ya know....

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BANME.sh posted:

TO MY KNOWLEDGE, IMO

"uppity" has two meanings:

"uppity" is dogwhistle derogatory codeword for "why cant they just suffer in silence it disturbs my comfort"

"uppity" is a word to describe an inconvenienced wealthy white person in regards to customer service/not getting their way

graph fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 27, 2016

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

http://butdoesitfloat.com/The-prevailing-hypothesis-today-is-that-the-Moon-formed-after-a-Mars
and
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/mapcatalog/usgs/I703/

wishing butdoesitfloat still updated regularly

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 27, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol i just thought it was someone who was acting righteous without justification or in error.

So like, my condescending family for instance.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KoRMaK posted:

lol i just thought it was someone who was acting righteous without justification or in error.

So like, my condescending family for instance.

wow your suburban cleveland family is racist as poo poo, shocking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no. it has a connotation that you think they're trying to act better than their true nature and that it's a false aspiration

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Panty Saluter posted:

well yes, by all means pretend like you don't know who i am and just assume that im the grand wizard of the local chapter

done

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

lol same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think it's real neato how he got probated six months ago also for misusing racist terms

• Locked thread