Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tom Guycot posted:

I imagine everyone who voted R is surprisingly ok with it as long as the presidents being blocked rhyme with morak mobama or millary minton.

Yeah, but 'independents' and Democrats uniformly hate it, and there are more of them when you put those together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Lou Dobbs is the original deplorable.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I think they would've if their polling hadn't showed they'd gain nothing by doing so and he had totally collapsed at Debate 2. As it is...they don't lose anything by staying on and almost none of them have any principles, so why not?

It's too bad they realized fighting a civil war right before election day was a bad idea. It really could have been something way more interesting than the limping finish we're getting now.

Night10194 posted:

I hope this pisses enough people off. Americans actually don't like this supreme court blocking thing, on the whole.

Yeah, people kept saying this before this election season, too. I wouldn't hold my breath. People are more likely to just ask, do we even need 9?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Night10194 posted:

I hope this pisses enough people off. Americans actually don't like this supreme court blocking thing, on the whole.

Too bad they've a 1 in 3 chance of blowing the only real chance to weigh in on the matter because "checks and balances"! :shepface:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Please stop reminding me that Lou Dobbs still exists. What a hateful little tub of goo he is.

Max Peck posted:

There's more to being a tyrannosaur than just having tiny hands

:vince:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Stereotype posted:

There's a strong chance that Trump should be in jail for sexual assault so it seems unlikely any additional things will change anyone's mind. It's all a matter of turnout now.

Yeah, I honestly don't know why people always seem so disappointed that the latest yuuuuge bombshell doesn't make a dent. We already know that Trump is a misogynistic piece of poo poo, and we also know that he's willing to brag (or at the very least joke) about using his celebrity status to literally commit sexual assault. Like, there isn't going to be anything worse than that and nobody who is willing to ignore what we already know is making any kind of fact based decision.

At this point I almost feel like the non-stop barrage of accusations is counterproductive.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

As a Floridian, the only time I got polled this cycle was when I was on vacation in California.

The problem in Iowa is we are also a swing state, but WAY smaller in population. So we get hit a lot before elections, and God help us before the Iowa caucus.

It gets loving ridiculous when both parties have contested primaries, I sometimes get polled 5 times in a week before our caucus. (though about half the time when I tell them which party I'll caucus with, they say thanks and end the call, so its not so bad)

Northjayhawk fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 27, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Given that the guy is threatening to take the most Mormon state we have, I don't think this line of attack is going to work very well.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A deplorable friend of mine liked this on Facebook

I don't know how so many people buy into it. :psyduck:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lou deleted the tweet:
https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/791469687678857216

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Its cute when white supremacists go after a religion that had white supremacism as a fundamental truth until like 20 years ago

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

lozzle posted:

Lou Dobbs is the original deplorable.

Lou Dobbs is still alive? I thought he was off boiling in piss somewhere.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I imagine the Mormon mafia has the worst lingo, nicknames and food of all the criminal syndicates in America

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A deplorable friend of mine liked this on Facebook

I don't know how so many people buy into it. :psyduck:

Social media is really killing us. I hope the majority of people getting hoodwinked by the infowars and poo poo are older people that never learned to be skeptical of online news. But I haven't seen any stats on who actually follows it.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Paradoxish posted:

At this point I almost feel like the non-stop barrage of accusations is counterproductive.

Yeah, at some point people will become inured to it, not unlike the deafness of Hillary supporters to the never ending cries of "Emails!" and "Benghazi!"

And just like Republicans keep using those terms, at this point the continued sexual assault claims are more about reminding those who changed their minds rather than completely undermining Trump. You'd have to completely change the topic to have as big an impact as Access Hollywood.

A full release of Trump taxes, an n-word tape or substantive claims of actual rape, for instance.

EDIT: And the last opportunity for an oppo bomb is probably Monday. Any later than that and it won't have enough time to get pervasive enough in the public discussion to make substantive impacts on Republican voters.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 27, 2016

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Its cute when white supremacists go after a religion that had white supremacism as a fundamental truth until like 20 years ago
They violate the sanctity and will and unification of the Party.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
vis-a-vis windmills killing all your birds, all your birds, killed -

Are there any studies that weight all bird-murderers by the bird's relative prevalence?

My point is that windmills tend to kill larger, rarer apex predators - who cares if cats kill a billion pigeons a year.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Max Peck posted:

There's more to being a tyrannosaur than just having tiny hands

:perfect:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm surprised Lou Dobbs wasn't fired after doxxing one of the accusers. He is a liability in a way that not even Hannity manages to be, and probably pulls a small fraction of the viewers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Goatman Sacks posted:

vis-a-vis windmills killing all your birds, all your birds, killed -

Are there any studies that weight all bird-murderers by the bird's relative prevalence?

My point is that windmills tend to kill larger, rarer apex predators - who cares if cats kill a billion pigeons a year.
They kill all the birds. All the birds, dead. All birds. Sad.

Fortunately we will soon go back to an energy mixture pre-determined by large donors.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Guycot posted:

Anyone who says they're not having sex dreams about trump is a loving liar. Man is a sexual tyrannosaur.

A predator who subsists mostly off of what he can scavenge?

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

comingafteryouall posted:

Social media is really killing us. I hope the majority of people getting hoodwinked by the infowars and poo poo are older people that never learned to be skeptical of online news. But I haven't seen any stats on who actually follows it.

I think there is plenty of fertile soil for a millennial Alt-Right. Anecdote here but I have a friend from high school with an InfoWars avatar, plus the usual slew of friends calling the election rigged and an another friend who is a young Earth creationist.

(This is Ohio and these people are in their mid-20s. something in the water over here folks)

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Lmao holy poo poo. He's literally a super hero and his power is projection, projecting so hard, harder than any other lovely moron has every projected before.

Edit: re: Murphy/Rubio, a rich dude born rich who wants to help poor people is a far sight better than a rich dude born poor who wants to poo poo on poor people. gently caress Marco Rubio.

Murphy used to be a republican and is a "fiscal conservative and social liberal"

basically a moderate republican who left because the actual republican party got too extreme for his tastes. Dude does not give an actual gently caress about poor people.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Young Freud posted:

Depends on what you consider a "musket"...

After all, the musket was the premier infantry arm of the Revolutionary War. The gunlugger's interpretation would be that includes what we today consider the infantry arms.

Why do guns have those cages around the barrels now? Is it so you can put cell phone charms on them?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This is the most beautiful article to see this graphic in the middle of

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why do guns have those cages around the barrels now? Is it so you can put cell phone charms on them?

A modular rail allows more manufacturers to make attachments for 'em.

So, yes.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

I imagine the Mormon mafia has the worst lingo, nicknames and food of all the criminal syndicates in America

Little Chocolate Goodies

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I think there is plenty of fertile soil for a millennial Alt-Right. Anecdote here but I have a friend from high school with an InfoWars avatar, plus the usual slew of friends calling the election rigged and an another friend who is a young Earth creationist.

(This is Ohio and these people are in their mid-20s. something in the water over here folks)

Let me guess their race

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It is for mounting partially, but also for heat dissipation.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I've been reading "Dark Money" by Jane Mayer. What a dizzying network of anarcho-libertarian private foundations and nonprofits infiltrating politics, media, and education. Horrifying.

I don't think Hillary will do much to stop this, to be honest. I bet she took at least a little bit of their money.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

isk posted:

A modular rail allows more manufacturers to make attachments for 'em.

So, yes.

How many sights and bayonets do you need on one gun?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh good, are we back to THE CLINTON FOUNDATION GUYS WE DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF BUT EMAILS!?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Guy Goodbody posted:

90s comic book levels or bust

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sort of.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Guy Goodbody posted:

well you'll need an anti-cavalry bayonet for your musket, an anti-infantry bayonet, secondary sights that can be used with a gas mask on, and ammo storage for paper cartridges

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I've been reading "Dark Money" by Jane Mayer. What a dizzying network of anarcho-libertarian private foundations and nonprofits infiltrating politics, media, and education. Horrifying.

I don't think Hillary will do much to stop this, to be honest. I bet she took at least a little bit of their money.

Friend, I suggest reading into who Citizens United is and what they represent. Then maybe make a values judgement about HRC.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Guy Goodbody posted:

If you can't envision a way to use that rail to its maximum capacity you aren't a patriot.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Guy Goodbody posted:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

HannibalBarca posted:

You have to remember that the vast majority of Republican leadership and voters are more concerned with SCOTUS judges than whether or not their guy is an insane lecherous demagogue.

TBF, I've gotten reamed on this very forum, in this very thread, for not wanting to vote for Hillary because of SC issues. It's a good line for triangulation when people have to defend suboptimal candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I, too, believe that Hillary Clinton warmly accepts a dagger thrust into the heart of everything she worked for, derived from people making a film intended to attack her politically, purely because she once touched some money and was therefore eternally and fundamentally tainted.

It is quite possible she won't be able to do much about it, of course; but I'd say that has more to do with all these lingering Republicans than :abuela: 's own profound love for unlimited soft money.

• Locked thread