Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Arcsquad12 posted:

So It's a week till halloween, and I want to do a costume up real nice. I want to make some armour out of foam and glue like a tutorial I read suggested. And hit up an army surplus store to get some extra bits and bobs. What is a good place to find some straps or velcro to hold the pieces down? Also, would it be a good idea to get some plasticard for backing just so the foam itself is a bit sturdier?

Ask the thread on how to do cosplay stuff, they can point you in the right direction.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Is that killer croc? Looks amazing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Whelp, right in the childhood.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dwarf is too tall, 5/10.

(They're all great)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

That Iron Throne is pretty sweet tbh. I see the Master Sword, Frostmourne from Warcraft, Kylo Ren's lightsaber, Sting from LotR and a FFVIII gunblade. There's probably more there too.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

C-Euro posted:

That Iron Throne is pretty sweet tbh. I see the Master Sword, Frostmourne from Warcraft, Kylo Ren's lightsaber, Sting from LotR and a FFVIII gunblade. There's probably more there too.

Nice, I didn't notice that. Front and center sword is He-Man's sword, I think the one just to the left of it might be from Sword Art Online.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Also Lion-o's sword from Thundercats

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Who is she meant to be?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

New Leaf posted:

Who is she meant to be?

Enchantress from the Suicide Squad movie.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

poo poo's on fire, yo.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I don't think this is going to go down well

http://kotaku.com/tokyo-comic-con-bans-men-from-cosplaying-as-women-chara-1788225504

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh, wow man.

The article even references Kabuki theater.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

I really hope they have an influx of dudes cosplaying as Brigit or Frank N. Furter or any of the characters from Priscilla. I loving love malicious compliance.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Magnus Praeda posted:

I really hope they have an influx of dudes cosplaying as Brigit or Frank N. Furter or any of the characters from Priscilla. I loving love malicious compliance.

Or skirt the line with characters like Naoto from Persona or Faris from FFV. My bet is this rule is going to last exactly one year before being trolled into being ditched.

Should be fun!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, Two things.

This tells me that there is such a thing called the Anime News Network, which opens the floodgates of a bobby's world-imagining like scenario of an anime newsman reporting the hot issues, from anime nazis to what color panties this week is the rage.

Two, I think ladybeard and others have the right to wear whatever the gently caress he/she wants in a convention that happens annually(I'm assuming).

Fargin Icehole has a new favorite as of 04:34 on Oct 27, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Two, I think ladybeard and others have the right to wear whatever the gently caress he/she wants in a convention that happens annually(I'm assuming).

I'd like to see them actually try and deny entry to someone based on that rule

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Fargin Icehole posted:

This tells me that there is such a thing called the Anime News Network, which opens the floodgates of a bobby's world-imagining like scenario of an anime newsman reporting the hot issues, from anime nazis to what color panties this week is the rage.

It's not nearly as interesting as you think. It's mostly an anime IMDB with some pseudo news articles.

Trust me, I have an anime avatar.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Some Numbers posted:

Trust me, I have an anime avatar.

Truly those are impeccable credentials.

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Nice, I didn't notice that. Front and center sword is He-Man's sword, I think the one just to the left of it might be from Sword Art Online.

Others:
Conan the Barbarian's sword
Harry Potter's wand
Gandalf's sword from LoTR

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cleretic posted:

Or skirt the line with characters like Naoto from Persona or Faris from FFV. My bet is this rule is going to last exactly one year before being trolled into being ditched.

You'd lose. According to the article this kind of ban happens all the time at cons in Japan, it's just the first time they've done it at Tokyo Comic-Con.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

GrowHair is gunna be pissed

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

DumbparameciuM posted:

GrowHair is gunna be pissed

That's exactly who I thought of when I saw that article. Let that beautiful man dress the way he wants to, Japan. :smith:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

How are they um... going to check?

I mean makeup and dude looks like a lady is a thing and all that.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Update - October 27 5:00am: The Tokyo Comic-Con has reversed its ban on male cosplayers dressing as female characters.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hremsfeld posted:

Truly those are impeccable credentials.

Why is Father Christmas dressing up as Scarecrow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

poptart_fairy posted:

Why is Father Christmas dressing up as Scarecrow.

Why you do blaspheme one who works in the name of the Omnissiah to safeguard technology from Hereteks? :colbert:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

quote:

The statement added that to accompany this decision there will be issuing gender-specific color-coordinated cosplay registration badges that must be checked for entering the changing area and the restrooms.

When fake outrage over nerd gender and fake outrage over nerd sexual deviance collide.

The Nerdpocalypse.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How do you decide what is real outrage and what is fake outrage?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fake outrage is people being mad about things that don't actually happen. Like voter fraud or people claiming to be transgender to perv out in bathrooms.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kwyndig posted:

Fake outrage is people being mad about things that don't actually happen. Like voter fraud or people claiming to be transgender to perv out in bathrooms.

Or suddenly becoming outraged at things they'd never ever showed the slightest concern over before, like pro-coal anti-renewable-energy people getting all up in arms about windfarms killing birds.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Or declaring how upsetting something is because talking about how upsetting something is gets other people to talk to you (about how upsetting something is.)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm so upset right now.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

blarzgh posted:

Or declaring how upsetting something is because talking about how upsetting something is gets other people to talk to you (about how upsetting something is.)

Let's suppose for a second that that is a real thing. How would you tell the difference?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Eldred posted:

Let's suppose for a second that that is a real thing. How would you tell the difference?

The first clue is when you post about how upset you are on the internet, in a place for other people to read about it and comment back to your post.

See, SnatchDuster; this thread, Supra.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Stan Taylor posted:

How do you decide what is real outrage and what is fake outrage?
Whether you agree with them or not.

Eldred posted:

Let's suppose for a second that [it's turtles triggers all the way down] is a real thing. How would you tell the difference?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

Also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have no idea what that conversation was even about so, fitting that, cosplay of idiots.

• Locked thread