Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I hear there's a fun Civ GOT mod where you can just say no to being hand of the King and the Starks just have a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hojo got really passive aggressive on me, talking about how my people suck because they dont follow the code of bushido.......... whatever man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he acts tough but i know he got that attitude from watching 2 much anime

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

one sec queen vic is acting all cool and collected, acting like "oh yeah, thanks for the envoy i guess. i'll treat you people with the respect u deserve" then i make an aggressive move into her territory by founding a city next to her capital and shes immediately thankin me for all the good work im doing killing barbarians. total tsundere

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Wait, did Firaxis actually make a Civ game that was good from release? I was just going to wait for the first expansion.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mrit posted:

Wait, did Firaxis actually make a Civ game that was good from release? I was just going to wait for the first expansion.

I've only played a few hours, but so far yeah. Adding much more in expansions might make it too bloated if anything.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I picked it up quickly and played it all night. Then I started playing Doom which I'm having much more fun with surprisingly. I just feel like I'm playing a different civ 5, without some of the more annoying features. Instant build workers that disappear are nice, the added use of tiles in placing structures is kinda neat. Housing is kinda a bother, I'm not seeing any "residential" district. I guess people gotta live in their sweatshops.
Despite the added complexity it felt more streamlined over all. Plenty of future planning to do, but less minutiae to fiddle with it seemed.

Worth 60$ if you like civ, or just wait till it's on sale.
I'm gonna shoot demons now, I can't get stuck in a 6 hour video game today.

Solvent has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Oct 22, 2016

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Witcher 3

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i played but didnt get into civ 5 at all and loved 4 a lot and im lovin 6 so far if that helps

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

i found out earlier today that there is now a grand theft auto 5. this is insanely good.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mrit posted:

yea its got a lot of meat to it

my only problem is not knowing what border expansion i get or the tiles itll grab up

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
scythians are great cos you dont need horses for their Saka Horse Archer and it spawns 2 instead of 1

teddy r went hard in the paint to wipe me out
and i clung onto dear life, lost my capital, got it back, decced peace, decced war and he kept coming with like 8 captapults and at least a dozen heavy chariots and i kept shooting each one of them down with a bunch of archers

then slowly counterpushed into boston, st. louis and conquered washington

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

scythians rule!!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so many barbarians though, i am making a ton of money just running a unit or two of horse archers into the barbarian camps that are constantly popping up just outside my borders

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9RYVWpwrk

https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/790186265241067520

quote:

A little Cubs in Five trivia this morning. I wrote that song in '95. The music of the early 80s felt very distant at the time
So I namechecked a band who, I imagined -- knowing, at the time, nearly nothing about the music business -- had vanished into history
fast forward twenty-one years. in a development that still seems incredibly unlikely to me, we're on the Bowie tribute bill at Carnegie Hall
there's a band featuring Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey on the bill, too. They do Bowie tunes. Their singer, an amazing showman...
...happens to be @mrgregory. Peter and me are watching them light up the stage at @CityWineryNYC goin: "Who's the singer?"
Peter whips out his phone.
It's the dude from Heaven 17.
Baseball season hadn't started yet, but we'd already shared the stage with the singer from the band namechecked in the song.
As we're preparing to leave for tour from the hotel the next morning, there's @mrgregory in the lobby, relaxing...
...way more of a star than I could ever pretend to be, it just comes natural to him.
Back in the van, Peter -- who, recall, sings backing vocals on the original of Cubs in Five -- looks at me and I look at him
we're all a little exhausted from the events of the week and now headed out on tour
but we're both like
"THAT WAS THE DUDE FROM HEAVEN 17, DUDE. THAT WAS THE DUDE." the end.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan, there's a link in my sig, you should check it out.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

The Japanese Iron Chef is a good and cool show. The American version is a bit too... conventional.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh yeah gotta watch the japanese one

MANGO!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6JRges88QA

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
someone talk me out of buying this
https://www.amazon.ca/Spirits-Boiler-Condenser-Complete-System/dp/B00NWSLDNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477273544&sr=8-1&keywords=still

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

do you really want me to talk you out of it cuz: do you really want to spend all that time cleaning that loving thing and mucking out the mash as opposed to buying booze?????

otoh

just pull the little tab forward and pour your homemade booze right into your glass, hot off the press...........

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i grew up watching MASH
and the still in the swamp always always interested meee

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

custom gin martinis

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

making good booze is hard, you'll probably end up making awful booze like we did and regret it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
How did you go about making it?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i can't stop thinking aobut the david s pumpkin skit on snl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS00xWnqwvI

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

ANY QUESTIONS

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ya i can't see it because i live in kkkanada

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

typical loving fascist youtube preventing canadians from viewing this primo content

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/790750756676767744

lol

corn in the bible posted:

making good booze is hard, you'll probably end up making awful booze like we did and regret it

i wannnt to hear ur storiesss

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

What's this Donald Duck background from?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
if canadians wanna watch snl they cant get their own drat snl

U. S. A.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ace of Baes posted:

if canadians wanna watch snl they cant get their own drat snl

U. S. A.

no gently caress you

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
canadian humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veu-Cm7aHMw

ugh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

my bro and i tried to make some beer, put it in a keg, waited months, tapped it, threw up. not a very exciting story. sad times

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

my bro and i tried to make some beer, put it in a keg, waited months, tapped it, threw up. not a very exciting story. sad times

lame

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Like 90% of our comedians are canadian so Ya...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nathan fielder is canadian and probably the funniest man alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Letterkenny Problems is p funny tho

• Locked thread