Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ThaumPenguin posted:

Where did they get that font

I need it.

This thread needs it.

gently caress "Darks Skyrim font"

Trajan Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Thanks!

I might make another go at making transparent OP banners now that I don't have to deal with that weird font we tried before.

That's assuming Trajan Pro won't look too "off" to be passable, but we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Like this? :smug:

jk nothin but love bro.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
So the SkyrimSE Nexus page is up: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/
And in their rush to get those mad Internet superstar points by being the first ones to post mods, people who haven't have access to the Special Edition or the CK-beta already uploaded unconverted mods. :rolleyes:
No links because it seems like the Nexus is doing an adequate job of shutting that down, but be aware that people blindly copying their skyrim mod page over can be a thing.

The guys behind xEdit did have early acces to the SE and already updated it: SSEdit

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 26, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
What do you mean I actually need to have SE to make SE mods??? nonsense

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raygereio posted:

So the SkyrimSE Nexus page is up: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/
And in their rush to get those mad Internet superstar points by being the first ones to post mods, people who haven't have access to the Special Edition or the CK-beta already uploaded unconverted mods. :rolleyes:
No links because it seems like the Nexus is doing an adequate job of shutting that down, but be aware that people blindly copying their skyrim mod page over can be a thing.

The guys behind xEdit did have early acces to the SE and already updated it: SSEdit

How many of these early-bird mods are dependent on SKSE? I'm guessing it's a nonzero number.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

boy I can't wait for people to start crying to modders to make their new mods compatible with old skyrim over the next century

it's only recently that people realized making mods compatible without dlcs is a waste of time/effort

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Just finished The Forgotten City. It was fun and really well done, with a few bugs here and there. The story was good, nothing spectacular.

However I think it might have destroyed my ability to save. Apparently the mods music will continue to play after you finish the quest, and will be the only music the game plays. The mod author has stopped working on it and said that the fix for this bug is to remove the mod from your game after finishing it. This is hilarious advice for Skyrim modding, especially for non-10 hour modders, and even though I know I can clean scripts from old mods, I left it alone. A few in game days later, the game begins playing Skyrim's music again, but I crashed every time I saved. No bad scripts, no bloat, no excessive script instances. The old "kill yourself" trick wouldn't even fix it. I had to go back to an old save from before I started the Forgotten City, which fixed the problem. I assume that the crashes were a result of my mods interacting with this bug, but holy poo poo that's a terrible way to handle a bug and a good reminder why I would never pay for a mod, even one that was so acclaimed.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

jk nothin but love bro.

Perfection.

I'd be fine with this, tbh.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
If anyone wants to take the mods I've made on the Nexus and convert em to Special Edition, go ahead.

I can't run Special Edition on my dinosaur of a PC.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

jk nothin but love bro.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Perfection.

I'd be fine with this, tbh.

PM sent.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

IAmTheRad posted:

If anyone wants to take the mods I've made on the Nexus and convert em to Special Edition, go ahead.

I can't run Special Edition on my dinosaur of a PC.

You don't need to be able to run it. You just need to download it and the creation kit.

You might need to open it up once, so if you have an ancient video card without Dx11 support you're out of look there I suppose.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what modding managers will be available for Special Edition

I assume Nexus Mod Manager isn't, at least yet

I have no idea how to use Wyre Bash

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

You don't need to be able to run it. You just need to download it and the creation kit.

You might need to open it up once, so if you have an ancient video card without Dx11 support you're out of look there I suppose.

I think the implication was that would be a lot of bullshit to go through for the purpose of doing nothing other than opening and re-saving a few ESPs when there are other people who will be doing all of that for something MORE than simply opening and re-saving some files.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

what modding managers will be available for Special Edition

I assume Nexus Mod Manager isn't, at least yet

I have no idea how to use Wyre Bash

Just NMM and eventually the lovechild of NMM and MO.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Its nice to be able to get in on ground-floor shitposting territory.

New Radiant Glitch system! Every user will experience innovative and unique bugs, procedurally generated at runtime. No two crashlogs the same!*

*Who am I kidding there won't be any crashlogs.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

The Iron Rose posted:

So I should download a 12GB game to update a mod I made with TES5Edit. Got it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

uh, obviously? how dedicated are you to skyrim modding? perhaps you'd like to write a screed about the evils of Modpicker?

nah i'm sure somebody can help out if it's really just load in new CK -> save in new CK -> upload

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
will this new edition make the game look better than available mods already have?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Probably not better than a finely-tuned ENB with lighting and texture mods, but it will also probably run better and be much less of a headache for reinstalls

probably

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Pon de Bundy posted:

will this new edition make the game look better than available mods already have?

No, but assuming you're running at resolutions sub 4K, and generally only using 2K texture mods, while it might not look better, it won't really look worse, AND you won't have to mess with mods to get that OK base.

If you're the sort of person installing 8K textures so you can see every individual montgomery tubercle on your waifu's tits, then of course it will rape and corrupt your precious waifu. Probably her family too. Naturally it will make you watch. But you're probably not the sort of person that actually cares about playable framerates either.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I hate graphics modding so I'm looking forward to this at least.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

I hate graphics modding so I'm looking forward to this at least.

its apparently just using the hi res textures that have been available on PC for 5 years now

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its apparently just using the hi res textures that have been available on PC for 5 years now

The lighting has apparently been improved as well, although that could just end up meaning that everything now looks washed out and terrible.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

The lighting has apparently been improved as well, although that could just end up meaning that everything now looks washed out and terrible.

oblivion_bloom.bmp

Burns
May 10, 2008

Has LOOT been updated?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think it's safe to assume nothing has been updated for SE, especially a load-order sorting tool when everyone's load order is "Pre-load complete."

Pon de Bundy posted:

At launch, no, but theoretically it'll be much more extensible to make it better in the long run. Think of it as a better starting place than Skyrim was in 2011, but still in the starting-place phase as opposed to the five years of fine-tuning with mods phase. The wildcard is post-processing, like sweetfx/enb/etc. nobody knows how that's going to pan out.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 27, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is Skyrim Special Edition going to have a 64-bit executable and memory addressing, like FO4?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

pmchem posted:

Is Skyrim Special Edition going to have a 64-bit executable and memory addressing, like FO4?

Yes.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Early trip report, the game definitely runs very very well. Interiors load in 2-3 seconds so thats nice. However the texture work in general is lacking. Can't wait to mod the poo poo out of this one.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I didn't crash when Alduin flies overhead exiting the cave! This alone is an improvement. Actually, doing my normal sweep around Helgen and doing a couple of doing a couple of dungeons before heading to Riverwood, I didn't crash once, or even stutter. I am on a better computer now than I was when I played Skyrim last, however. Seems pretty stable.

I did find Vilod wandering the ruins of Helgen; isn't he supposed to die in the intro? And the Stormcloak Quartermaster above Orphan Rock was there, even though none of the rest of the camp existed yet.

The big mod I need is a UI mod, which from what I gather I may be waiting on. Second would be SPERG, third would probably be something to make nights and caves darker. Fourth would be glowing ore; I forgot how well the veins blend in.

Geomancing fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 28, 2016

Burns
May 10, 2008

I cannot play this with SkyUI. Also, the fact that that compass bar takes so much screen space is infuriating.

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok
Ran through the helgen crap. Game "seems" to run better, but of course looks worse than my heavily modded olde-skyrim. I think there is more ground clutter, but it's been years since I played a virgin game.

Oh god godrays are everywhere.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Has anyone tried importing a save from old skyrim? I heard you were supposed to be able to do this

Also, it looks like the unofficial patch is already out

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Arthmoor got beta access, so he was able to get the USSEEP(?) patch out Day 1.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Nexus Mod Manager has been updated to support SSE.

FlyingKipper
May 11, 2005

Looks like they've fixed the physics breaking when over 60fps. I was getting ~70-80ps on Ultra @ 1440p on a 980 Ti with g-sync and no issues with carts flying all over the place during the intro. Also they've prettified Whiterun, there's a bunch of flowers and bushes. LOD draw distance seems farther. Still getting some stutter on cell changes but that's Bethesda.

So far things look nice, although textures are a blurry mess with TAA.

FlyingKipper fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 28, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Anyone know if we can import the texture mods from stuff like aMidianBorn into SSE? Because I want to play with 2k textures on everything.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

1. Haven't had a chance to confirm, but I'm fairly sure textures are actually stored in a different format this time.

2. It is using 2k textures: AFAIK, it's using the HD DLC textures, converted to the new format. Edit: this would be consistent with the install footprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Sky Shadowing posted:

Arthmoor got beta access, so he was able to get the USSEEP(?) patch out Day 1.

Good lord, all the mods I just downloaded are arthmoor. :| We get oblivion gates yet?