Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

triple sulk posted:

Was this posted cause lmao Embiid is GOAT

God ,i dont ask much of you but please please let embiid be healthy and good.also watching the nba at 2am and then going to work is going to wreck me but gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Whiteside had an assist today. It was great!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Somewhere tomorrow morning Yinka Dare is going to look at a box score and be resentful.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

As soon as we discover aliens, Embiid deserves to be an ambassador to space.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

#WeAllFromAfrica

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I tried to take Embiid's advice but googling "white people shooting" just brings up a bunch of spree killings and BLM protests

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Somewhere tomorrow morning Yinka Dare is going to look at a box score and be resentful.

No he's not.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I am excited for Embiid to be the Super Cool Beas/young Sabonis hybrid we all knew he could be but I've also been burned too many times by Anthony Randolph to trust anything cool or good

Glamorama26 posted:

No he's not.

rip yinka ~$~like whoa~$~

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nick Young airballed a three pointer that Jordan Clarkson caught and put in, I would've given him an assist if I was the scorekeeper.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Wade Baldwin IV. What a solid name. I picture bespoke tailoring and cuban cigars.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My takeaway from the game is dipo looked nervous and needs to pass the ball. Also Russ might actually raise his rebound average to double digits

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morning after take for my hornets:

Roy Hibbert might work out for us? I'm still apprehensive, but drat our defense looked really good last night and he was a huge part of that. Also MKG BACK!!!! :swoon:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

My takeaway from the game is dipo looked nervous and needs to pass the ball. Also Russ might actually raise his rebound average to double digits

He always looks nervous, the stupid stuff he does just sometimes ends up falling. It's gonna be nerve-wracking for you but i wish for the best

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I want to see the YouTube vids

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

He always looks nervous, the stupid stuff he does just sometimes ends up falling. It's gonna be nerve-wracking for you but i wish for the best

I have faith in the organization. They will get dipo to calm down and make a decision a half a second faster

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Did the Bucks have Giannis run the point all night? Because that 31/9/5 is pretty drat impressive

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

chunkles posted:

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/791512317775065088

Tired legs from what though? It's the first game of the season and the Lakers had to play the same game

I don't think anyone is really in top hoops shape during the first month of the season.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Metapod posted:

I have faith in the organization. They will get dipo to calm down and make a decision a half a second faster

He was getting roasted on defense by loving Nik Stauskas. I do not have faith in Dipo.

Russ is gonna average a triple double this year though.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jack's Flow posted:

Wade Baldwin IV. What a solid name. I picture bespoke tailoring and cuban cigars.

sounds like a snitch name to me

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Julius Randle put up 18/7/6, that's pretty outstanding especially considering how ordinary of a passer he was at UK and last year

Jota posted:

He was getting roasted on defense by loving Nik Stauskas. I do not have faith in Dipo.

Sauce Castillo is just turning the corner free from the specter of Sacramento

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
How'd Harrison Barnes do? Looking at the box score he seemed to do well enough.

Don't know if I'm the only one, but it's a pretty funny subplot this season seeing how he'll do on that contract..

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

ElPedro posted:

How'd Harrison Barnes do? Looking at the box score he seemed to do well enough.

Don't know if I'm the only one, but it's a pretty funny subplot this season seeing how he'll do on that contract..

HB hit a cold-blooded three to tie the game at 115 and force OT but other than that he was kinda bad

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The Nets played way better than the 20 win team I want them to be. I assume their white stiff role players aren't going to be ace from 3 forever though.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

boxcarhobo posted:

morning after take for my hornets:

Roy Hibbert might work out for us? I'm still apprehensive, but drat our defense looked really good last night and he was a huge part of that. Also MKG BACK!!!! :swoon:

Bucks were basically the perfect team for him to open the season against because of their combo of no shooting and terrible interior defense. I think he'll be like bizarro Al Jefferson, still situational but really effective in those situations

MKG is cool, though

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

Did the Bucks have Giannis run the point all night? Because that 31/9/5 is pretty drat impressive

He was definitely their primary ball handler, it was tight

morestuff posted:

Bucks were basically the perfect team for him to open the season against because of their combo of no shooting and terrible interior defense. I think he'll be like bizarro Al Jefferson, still situational but really effective in those situations

MKG is cool, though

I really like MKG and Batum's ability to hound wings though and switch effectively, our defense is gonna be pretty good. The offense didn't look nearly as smooth, but I kind of figured that going in.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jota posted:

You don't understand that poo poo just happens against okc.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

boxcarhobo posted:

I really like MKG and Batum's ability to hound wings though and switch effectively, our defense is gonna be pretty good. The offense didn't look nearly as smooth, but I kind of figured that going in.

The starting lineup looked really, really good. The bench is going to be garbage for a while, though, hopefully Clifford can figure out how to stagger MKG/Batum the right way or Cho can address it mid-year.

I really wish Courtney Lee would have stuck around as a 30-mpg bench wing but four years was too much

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Malcolm Brogdon was really solid last night. He's going to be a great value pick.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
i love the Embiid man

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Also I was kind of annoyed by the Embiid hype but this man is so loving entertaining. He took 16 shots in 22 minutes as a center 👏🏼😁🤘🏻

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DeMar owns, Valanciunas owns, basketball is back and life is good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid owned and he literally has no idea what he's doing and has played one NBA game.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Happy 3 Alphas Day everyone! Can't wait for tonight.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spoeank posted:

Thank you Magic Johnson for the insight on how the NBA playoffs work

Bold to start predicting that someone will finish ahead of Boston or Toronto for the 2/3 slots in the East. Who could it be???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
TIMBERWOLVES RECAP

I still cannot believe Memphis hit 11 3s at 45% clip. I guess I don't feel as bad Minnesota losing a close game because if Memphis is hitting their shots like that, what do you do?

Minnesota's bench looked like hot garbage, and that is concerning. Aldrich was ok (but he is the 3rd best center on the team). Brandon Rush looked worthless. Bjelica still does not look like an NBA player, and Shabazz had a quiet night (which, to be fair, his whole career he either is changing a game or invisible).

Kris Dunn was weird. The kid can get to the rim, but I don't think he played like a PG at all. His two misses were both terrible decisions, but he hit 4 nice shots. Watching him this preseason and this game he strikes me more like a DeRozan than a true PG. I dunno, its early in his career but I am not sure what direction he'll go yet.

LaVine looks like he took a step up from last year, and Wiggins took over the game for a while which is really nice to see.

KAT. KAT started the game on a tear and then completely disappeared into a quagmire of hesitation and bad shot selection. However, his defense is a lot better. For those who watched last year KAT wasn't the primary rim protector most of the time. This year he is. He still switches on screens and can defend smaller players on the perimeter, but now he will also be the first guy down in the paint. Last night's game the refs were letting a lot of contact go, but KAT was doing a great job going vertical and generally bothering shots. I mean, it was still Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol down there so they still had success but I was really happy with how he looked. He's not at "Elite Anchor" level yet, but he's far ahead where most 2nd year bigs are. His 3 point shooting also looks legit, but his shot selection needs to get better.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is there a site that gives an easy time-on/time-off subs for players? I'd love to fire up the replay of the 76ers game to watch Embiid's minutes but it'd be nice to know what game-time he subbed on and off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Is there a site that gives an easy time-on/time-off subs for players? I'd love to fire up the replay of the 76ers game to watch Embiid's minutes but it'd be nice to know what game-time he subbed on and off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mI5a...QfSOs1OEasFg6Hw

All highlights

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

wow hes my favorite nba player now

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

straight up brolic posted:

Also I was kind of annoyed by the Embiid hype but this man is so loving entertaining. He took 16 shots in 22 minutes as a center 👏🏼😁🤘🏻

Also 8 ft so he shot even more than that O_0

Metapod posted:

I doubt it. He just doesn't have that mental gear where "the game slows down for him", as they say. He can't keep up with his own physical ability because he lacks a feel for the game, and I know all that sounds like vague bullshit but I'm being very specific - an important part of "basketball iq" is not just being able to make the right decision analytically, but having your first instinct BE the right decision. It's not really a teachable skill because it's not conscious or applicable in situations where you have time to think. Dipo is a smart guy with great physical tools, but he's not a natural basketball player and it makes him very erratic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Thanks, I kinda want the full Embiid experience, off-ball, misses, etc.

• Locked thread