Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Last week when the video came out I excitedly texted my girlfriend "The Nintendo Switch!". She didn't realize I was talking about a console, and thought I was referring to some kind of ruse, ie "they pulled the ol' Nintendo Switch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

does nintendo need to wait a few more months to see what the switch is gonna be like

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buca di Bepis posted:

does nintendo need to wait a few more months to see what the switch is gonna be like

If I recall correctly, Nintendo itself recognized that terrible title droughts after release were a huge problem for the Wii U and the 3DS. I'd bet that they want to reassure people that the title drought won't happen by having a launch lineup and some post release games absolutely nailed down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wouldn't be surprised if that presentation has titles with (for the most part) rock solid release dates leading all the way up to August or something, with E3 revealing the rest of the Year 1 Lineup.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I've never even seen a Wii U in person and the only games for it I can name are Splatoon, Smash Bros., and Mario Maker, so I'm completely okay with the Switch's entire library being Wii U ports/remasters.

those are all good and also maybe you might like

bayo 2
pikmin 3
tokyo mirage sessions #fe
xenoblade
wonderful 101
mario 3d world
mario kart

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Coldforge posted:

$300 for a system at the end of it's life and with a catalog of games I have limited interest in may be easy, I guess.

Easier still to just wait and hope for remasters of the best of that system's games on a platform I'm intrigued enough by to want to purchase.

Wonderful 101 wont ever get a remaster. Wonderful 101 is worth 300 dollars.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Commissar Ken posted:

Wonderful 101 wont ever get a remaster. Wonderful 101 is worth 300 dollars.

I dunno, I feel it'll be a Bayo 2 scenario and they'll pack in a The Wonderful 101 port with The Wonderful 102.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man, E3 2017 is going to be amazing. I can't let myself start getting hyped for it now.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Coldforge posted:

$300 for a system at the end of it's life and with a catalog of games I have limited interest in may be easy, I guess.

Easier still to just wait and hope for remasters of the best of that system's games on a platform I'm intrigued enough by to want to purchase.

This is part of why I've held off on the Wii U since the NX was first rumored. Playing all of the titles I've missed out on over the last 3-4 years is pretty exciting. Given the U's sales, I imagine there are plenty of folks like me.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Beyond Good and Evil 2 being a Bayonetta'ish Switchsclusive is looking more and more likely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah it was scooped by laura k dale really early this year and as time has gone on its increasingly clear that someone with a lot of access at nintendo and ubisoft is a good friend of theirs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

close every other thread until jan 12

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super No Vacancy posted:

There's other exciting stuff before then. The election, Pokemon, uhhh...

More Amiibos?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's other exciting stuff before then. The election, Pokemon, uhhh...

More Amiibos?

shantae 3

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Remember when cartman froze himself to get the new console well i am doing that with the switch but real and better

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bombadilillo posted:

Would unironically but 4 link cables to play 4swords 2.

You actually only need 3 link cables for that.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/725841357856612352

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Last week when the video came out I excitedly texted my girlfriend "The Nintendo Switch!". She didn't realize I was talking about a console, and thought I was referring to some kind of ruse, ie "they pulled the ol' Nintendo Switch!"

I seem to recall a lot of this kind of conversation when the Wii's name was revealed.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Why is Diddy Kong Racing 2 the game to specifically point out?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

More Amiibos?

8 days until Waluigi, I'm waing softly to myself in anticipation.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

8 days until Waluigi, I'm waing softly to myself in anticipation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9PClQKOmg

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

whoa back when they were calling it the nx

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Raven Blade lookin pretty good

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

a.lo posted:

whoa back when they were calling it the nx
Whoops :doh:. So uh hey dock only packages and no plans for TV out on the tablet/console itself according to that Laura that leaked everything else:

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-no-nintendo-switch-handheld-only-package-at-launch/

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

When the messaging and name of the console is quite clearly "can be both handheld and home console", releasing a handheld only edition at launch would be super duper dumb.

A Switch you can't switch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Steve2911 posted:

When the messaging and name of the console is quite clearly "can be both handheld and home console", releasing a handheld only edition at launch would be super duper dumb.

A Switch you can't switch.

Especially when you are desperately trying to reclaim a market that is flooded with phones and tablets. Nintendo needs to 100% market the switch as a console and leave no way for people to confuse this as another tablet accessory for the Wii or WiiU.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
A Switch you don't switch is a swatch.

I will request this at my funeral.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/791530720686735360

January 13th? Am I going to watch the Direct in the middle of the night?

Probably.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Umm... my sources say Retro is indeed working on a video game... it's a new video game and not a old video game...

No, it's NOT diddy kong racing 2 like you all believed... it's entirely new video game!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Nintendo Game and Switch

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The legendary "non-Nintendo" IP that Retro is always allegedly working on

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

A studio named "Retro" making a "New IP".... come on, you guys.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
So the Tegra X1 development board supports:

• 802.11ac Wifi
  • USB 3.0 Type A
  • M.2 Key E
  • PCI-E x4
  • Gigabit Ethernet

This isn't the Switch development board obviously but I can't imagine it would be all that different

I'm hoping Nintendo at least keeps the AC wifi but who knows

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Nintendo Switch will have an EXT port that will never be used.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Retro is finally working on a video game adaptation of the hit 1990 film The Wizard. Said the technology is finally here to realize Fred Savage's dream.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Detective No. 27 posted:

Retro is finally working on a video game adaptation of the hit 1990 film The Wizard. Said the technology is finally here to realize Fred Savage's dream.

Do we need to punch the screen to recreate the Powerglove scene?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Powerglove.
Moar liek Powerlove! :love:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Powerglove. It's so bad.

Like the Switch.