Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The most beautiful thing I have seen. Time to go troll on Facebook.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

They’re all good, but this one is a :master:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

They’re all good, but this one is a :master:

The multiply logarithmic scale on the Y is just beautiful. :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's just base 10 logarithmic though?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

That's just base 10 logarithmic though?

Yeah, there's nothing unusual about it. But most people don't understand logarithmic scales.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The great thing is that it is just a normal scale and all of the data is displayed correctly, only the scale is not suited to this kind of data at all.

Once more the graph is technically correct. But completely unusable.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao is this trying to say that women in developed countries are actually men in the global system of patriarchy?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
hi gender power

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Persyn? Did Ulillillia make this graph?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I was learning how to graph using some new software. :shrug:

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

Fathis Munk posted:

The great thing is that it is just a normal scale and all of the data is displayed correctly, only the scale is not suited to this kind of data at all.

Once more the graph is technically correct. But completely unusable.

The point of the graph is to compare values that are close to each other from 1 to 1946. What scale would you have used?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WrenP-Complete posted:

I was learning how to graph using some new software. :shrug:

this is me

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

These are all great, but this one is masterful.

e: Beaten, and almost verbatim too...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bukowski posted:

The point of the graph is to compare values that are close to each other from 1 to 1946. What scale would you have used?

I uh... Hm.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bukowski posted:

Trigonometric.

Dickensian Aspect
Mar 18, 2009

flosofl posted:

Yeah, there's nothing unusual about it. But most people don't understand logarithmic scales.

Sneaking a 0 on the y axis (where it should be 10^-1) is cheating though.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

A brief history of Earth;

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I wish to know more about this "hyper-war"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LostCosmonaut posted:

We now know the points in time in which the evil time travelers traveled back to help ensure their ascension to dominance.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man you learn something new every day.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

flosofl posted:

I wish to know more about this "hyper-war"

I'm not sure why it's labeled a decrease in scientific advancement considering it apparently led to the invention of pie.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

LostCosmonaut posted:

RISE OF THE PIE PEOPLE

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LostCosmonaut posted:

Lol, as if a society several times more advanced that our own wouldn't have a bunch of satellites and poo poo still careening around in orbit, much less laugh at the destruction of their home planet as they terraform Mars or some poo poo

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well where do you think the martians come from :rolleyes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Outrail posted:

Lol, as if a society several times more advanced that our own wouldn't have a bunch of satellites and poo poo still careening around in orbit, much less laugh at the destruction of their home planet as they terraform Mars or some poo poo

It's a joke graph that makes fun of the original "hole left by Christian dark ages" chart that you can barely make out there in the corner.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

steinrokkan posted:

It's a joke graph that makes fun of the original "hole left by Christian dark ages" chart that you can barely make out there in the corner.

Yes, the Korean Hyper-war tipped me off. But it doesn't even make sense within it's own reality was my point.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Horses cannot talk, and probably would not be allowed in bars for fire safety reasons. Be serious.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The lack of fossilized remains of advanced ancient civilizations, archaic orbital debris, and remnants of the intergalactic empire attempting to contact their Terra Prime means that this is a thoroughly debunked fraud that fails to highlight the individual initiative that Hillary Clinton has put forward to securing the presidency. Politifact rates this graph: MOSTLY FALSE

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

LostCosmonaut posted:

Finally, an expansion of my all time favorite "history" graph!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lt. Danger posted:

Horses cannot talk, and probably would not be allowed in bars for fire safety reasons. Be serious.

Are horses flammable or why would they be a fire hazard?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

perkele

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

lifg posted:

I know there's a lot to hate about this graph, but my favorite (obviously) is how it ignores the surviving Eastern Empire.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

And the Greater Korean Empire, for posterity.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

dijon du jour posted:

I'm not sure why it's labeled a decrease in scientific advancement considering it apparently led to the invention of pie.

I know you're joking, but for anyone who didn't know PIE means Proto Indo European. It's the culture that spoke the language that's the common ancestor of Latin, German, Gaelic, and Sanskrit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_language

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

vyelkin posted:

And here are some of the other amazing graphs from that thread, mostly from forums user NotJesus:

That y-axis is literally amazing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lifg posted:

Where did they find this beautifully preserved graph from the 16th century

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Not Operator posted:

That y-axis is literally amazing.

Well, it's really only a bog-standard logarithmic scale, the amazing thing is coming up with the idea of using a log scale for this purpose. Which is hilariously inappropriate even if technically correct (the actual number of Hitler's balls is strictly speaking contested, mind you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Byzantine posted:

I know there's a lot to hate about this graph, but my favorite (obviously) is how it ignores the surviving Eastern Empire.

People are using lowercase letters while they say the Middle Ages brought nothing new. smdh