Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Blazing Ownager posted:

She'd not saying she's blow him on purpose, she's saying she'd blow him in unwillingly if she's put in that position,

Are we seriously no longer doing "phrasing"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ghost Lady is killed after she's lured into the chamber of a gigantic particle accelerator by Karen Allen.

Checkmate, Ghost Lady.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh no, how can two martial arts badasses and a man with a NotGun + Robohand take on like 15 unarmed dudes in a big cafeteria?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Oh no, how can two martial arts badasses and a man with a NotGun + Robohand take on like 15 unarmed dudes in a big cafeteria?!

If it weren't for the wall-phasing ghost woman who can turn you crazy on contact, I would've been a lot more annoyed by that part.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

They aren't science ghosts! They're just ghosts!

Does that mean the thing they were being held in is literally the containment unit from Ghostbusters?

Actually a 3 second flashback of them being captured by Bill Murray would be better than the whole of the new Ghostbusters

Gorilla Salad posted:

Are we seriously no longer doing "phrasing"?

OK I just re-read that and I totally couldn't NOT hear Archer in my head, so yeah

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's a sad state of affairs that this week's episode of The Flash was accidentally much more of a Doctor Strange tie-in than this episode was.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Yeah, I like Mace, and so far the team is treating him like poo poo. Hope he finally does snap and puts them all in their place; dude can only take so much.

I think he actually expects Phil to do this poo poo on his own since he used to be Director and knows how he rolls. It's kind of like implicit black ops. I mean, he's literally asking Colson "so what would you do here, help me out" at times. It's just flamey skull murder man may be a weeeee bit too far.

The most genuine Mace has seemed this season is when he was talking to Phil about May's condition and said something along the lines of "You can't know because you're really good friends with her and will react irrationally, you know this" and Colson just kind of went "Yeah :smith:"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I like this director - it allows for some drama without having a bad guy involved.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

I think he actually expects Phil to do this poo poo on his own since he used to be Director and knows how he rolls. It's kind of like implicit black ops. I mean, he's literally asking Colson "so what would you do here, help me out" at times. It's just flamey skull murder man may be a weeeee bit too far.

The most genuine Mace has seemed this season is when he was talking to Phil about May's condition and said something along the lines of "You can't know because you're really good friends with her and will react irrationally, you know this" and Colson just kind of went "Yeah :smith:"

Yeah pretty much. Mace knows Phil does things under his radar, but up to now he's still trusted Phil's judgment. I could see the primary conflict being Mace angry about Phil not telling him about the threat existing in the first place.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
SHIELD usually does grey pretty well, so my guess is that Mace is probably a bureaucrat who was made out to be a hero by outside forces and played along out of cowardice, when his actual actions in the situation only looked heroic from the outside. Not evil, just human and flawed. He'll redeem himself in some big sacrificial gesture and go out as a True Hero.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

They aren't science ghosts! They're just ghosts!

That's wrong. They are science ghosts.

If they were just regular ghosts no different than any other ghosts, that means that there would be a lot of ghosts around stretching back centuries or millennia. Robbie Reyes would be seeing a LOT of ghosts around, all the time. Instead we had what, four to six ghosts, all of which share a common origin, the strange scientific experiment. They were contained inside containers which are not empty, but have strange components. Fitz cannot understand how those work at the moment, but he can detect them. These ghosts are visible on electronic cameras and to the naked eye by regular people and can communicate with regular people. These ghosts can inflict psychosis on contact, which can be cured with a chemical created using science. The motives of these ghosts are not to haunt the living or places where they died or even really to get revenge, but to find a way to reverse their condition.

Sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It's very important Daisy get another :emo: scene

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

Not evil, just Inhuman and flawed

:colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

If they were just regular ghosts no different than any other ghosts, that means that there would be a lot of ghosts around stretching back centuries or millennia. Robbie Reyes would be seeing a LOT of ghosts around, all the time. Instead we had what, four to six ghosts, all of which share a common origin, the strange scientific experiment. They were contained inside containers which are not empty, but have strange components. Fitz cannot understand how those work at the moment, but he can detect them. These ghosts are visible on electronic cameras and to the naked eye by regular people and can communicate with regular people. These ghosts can inflict psychosis on contact, which can be cured with a chemical created using science. The motives of these ghosts are not to haunt the living or places where they died or even really to get revenge, but to find a way to reverse their condition.

http://i.imgur.com/6kTkqF6.mp4

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I like how they've been giving us plenty of Ghost Rider in every episode so far. People were worried they were gonna blow their FX load in that first episode and then just not show him on screen for large gaps at a time. They weren't kidding when they titled this season Agents of SHIELD: Ghost Rider.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

I like how they've been giving us plenty of Ghost Rider in every episode so far. People were worried they were gonna blow their FX load in that first episode and then just not show him on screen for large gaps at a time. They weren't kidding when they titled this season Agents of SHIELD: Ghost Rider.

I have to give them props, they've balanced it very well. It could have easily been too much Ghost Rider to the point it takes over the show, or too little like you described. They've gotten it about as perfect as they could.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

pee out my butt posted:

It's a sad state of affairs that this week's episode of The Flash was accidentally much more of a Doctor Strange tie-in than this episode was.

I thought the AoS tie-in was next week, before Doctor Strange premieres in American theaters.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Pretty much exactly how I look at it. The only character I think might actually have supernatural origins is Ghost Rider himself.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
One night I paused on Ghost Rider's skull and started imagining what it would look like if a forensics team did that reconstruction thing with clay. Small beady eyes, huge jawline. A few minutes later saw a commercial with Lionel Ritchie and realized, he is Ghost Rider. You have to look at a screenshot because the promo skull doesn't match the skull in the episodes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

They're science ghosts because they mixed the fancy science stuff with the spooky magic book, therefore, science ghosts

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, the people in the hospitals weren't harmed during the blackouts? The only people who died were a bunch of unlucky helicopter flyers? That's convenient.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, the people in the hospitals weren't harmed during the blackouts? The only people who died were a bunch of unlucky helicopter flyers? That's convenient.

Well it is superhero-land. I imagine every hospital has about forty backup generators with the entire building emp-shielded and made out of hulk-proof concrete

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

hope and vaseline posted:

They're science ghosts because they mixed the fancy science stuff with the spooky magic book, therefore, science ghosts

Are the ghosts in ghostbusters science ghosts because they get caught by the ghostbusters? No, they're just ghosts. Much like the ghosts in Agents of SHIELD, which are just ghosts.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welcome to comics. No unnamed people/bystanders/etc. get hurt unless it's relevant to the plot.

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.

The fancy EMPs they used did have abnormal areas of effect:

My knowledge of the layouts of L.A. and Miami is based solely on GTA's interpretations; and Moscow I know only from Goldeneye, so I can't speak for those cities but I can see that many of London's hospitals would be hosed, including Great Ormond Street, regardless of the area of effect. Lucky no one was hurt!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought the AoS tie-in was next week, before Doctor Strange premieres in American theaters.

Has there been any sort of announcement or advertisement that there actually will even be a movie tie-in this time around? Or is it assumption based on previous years?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mraagvpeine posted:

Don't they usually do the major tie-in after the movie premieres?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh yeah, the show comments on stuff that happen in the movies the episode that airs after. My bad.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That would explain why there's no press release for the episode in a fortnight. They're taking a week off between episodes 6 and 7 so people can catch up with the film.

(And also because the first half of the season always has two, single week breaks.)

kthnxbi
Jan 21, 2004

I like it. Call off the assassin.
And also there's an election happening on November 8 or something.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

kthnxbi posted:

Ugh, you guys need to learn to keep your regional politics out of my tv schedules damnit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kthnxbi posted:

Strong move by Jeff Mace to run for both Director of SHIELD and President but he has my vote

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

This season has been underwhelming so far. I mean, why is the bag bad some random nobody scientist? Why are we retreading Kill All Inhumans, again?

Show, give us an epic plot line, please.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ither posted:

This season has been underwhelming so far. I mean, why is the bag bad some random nobody scientist? Why are we retreading Kill All Inhumans, again?

BRING BACK WARD!

wait... ghosts in this season... WARD IS COMING BACK AS GHOST-SQUID-WARD

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
HYDRA agents steal the LMD manufacturing machine, make twenty five Wards. The team has to spend the next six seasons taking down each Ward one by one.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

flosofl posted:

BRING BACK WARD!

wait... ghosts in this season... WARD IS COMING BACK AS GHOST-SQUID-WARD

Ghostward bound (and down)

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Ither posted:

I'm pretty sure the ghosts aren't the big bad given how early in the season it is and also based on all the other clues.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm pretty sure the ghosts aren't the big bad given how early in the season it is and also based on all the other clues.

Yeah the ghosts are obviously mostly there to introduce the Darkhold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I wonder if Lucy + Darkhold gets solved in part 1 of the season, and somehow the book falls into the Senator's hands or something and we get the usual "oh great a super weapon to wipe out all Inhumans... oh no we released something we can't control now we're all hosed" type of plotline as the overarching arc. So far the season has been solid but I've failed to be hooked because there hasn't been a great overarching plot like in S2 and S3.

• Locked thread