Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tokamak posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Sanity because NXT has been treading water for months now, and perhaps this will make the format feel fresh again. At least they are a natural foils for The Authors of Pain (strength vs. numbers).
I think a nice and short hossy heel vs. heel feud ala Shield / Wyatts could work but I'm not sure Full Sail would consider themselves pandered to enough to let it roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Wolfe is German and Nikki is Scottish, so you're half right.

If Rovert's right about Damo and End joining, he'll be two-thirds right.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

That means he's got a one in three thirds chance of beating Samoa Joe

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basically I like Sanity and Nikki is going to beat up Paul Ellering then rub her teeth a lot

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sanity's entrance is rad and three of the four of them look cool in their full gear (Fulton will never not look incredibly stupid). So long as they have an objective and tone down the hammy acting a bit, I think they will be fine despite the bad stable name.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Was the sound really off for anyone else in last week's episode or is it just my computer loving up

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Patrick Clark's new gimmick is loving hilarious and I love it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Aliyah with the win! Getting that push baby.

I actually like the progress she is made and she does have a solid personality in the ring.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Man, the crowd gives no shits about Billie or Peyton

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
First time Aliyah's not looked completely rough, but she still has no character. But also I irrationally loathe anybody who wears those cat ear headbands, so.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

RIP Thea Trinidad, not even Tobago can help you now.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Chinese guys are ... a work in progress, but I'm happy to see my boy Ho Ho back on TV.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DIY having the metal gear solid font in their video made me think of gargano doing an original solid snake gimmick and, well, i ought to be fed some crunchy live ammo into the Skull

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I appreciated Ellering's Road Warriors shout out with his "Tell 'em [whatever that guy's name is]"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tonight featured a lot of poor people having their lives wrecked. Tommaso Ciampa seemed offended by the very existence of Ho Ho Lun. Peyton destroyed Liv with that kick. And Asuka might have suplexed Thea Trinidad's soul out of her body.

I loved it all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so happy Mickie recovered from nearly getting train-murdered by James Storm and is ready to compete again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The dream match of insane Japanese tiedye woman and affable southern mom is finally going to happen. Also Paul Ellering has completed his metamorphosis from scary old biker to supervillain. I liked his promo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Liv Morgan may be angry at Peyton and Billie but they kinda have a point, they keep easily beating her up including when she had Aaliyah to even the odds!

Mickie vs Asuka should be a whole lot of fun.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I haven't seen any of Mickie's TNA work (aside from the hilarious Storm angle), can she still go?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

I haven't seen any of Mickie's TNA work (aside from the hilarious Storm angle), can she still go?

I haven't seen any either, but to be fair I thought Samoa Joe was a washed-up joke who had missed his opportunity by wasting away in TNA all those years, and then he came to NXT and seemed to turn back the clock 10 years, so maybe it doesn't matter how good or bad Mickie was in TNA v:shobon:v

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Well about a week and a half a go she won a mixed tag match against a team including a German dude named Crazy Sexy Mike, so that's probably worth something.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AoP and Ellering rule. I hope Tye gets a bonkers entrance at takeover.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So what's the card for Takeover? I can think of:
NXT Title: Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura
NXT Women's Title: Asuka vs Mickie James
Dusty Classic Finals: TBA
Tye Dillinger vs Bobby Roode

Is that everything announced? I figure Billie Kay/Peyton Royce vs Aliyah/Liv Morgan will be on the undercard/Wednesday show if they don't just do it like next week.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

projecthalaxy posted:

So what's the card for Takeover? I can think of:
NXT Title: Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura
NXT Women's Title: Asuka vs Mickie James
Dusty Classic Finals: TBA
Tye Dillinger vs Bobby Roode

Is that everything announced? I figure Billie Kay/Peyton Royce vs Aliyah/Liv Morgan will be on the undercard/Wednesday show if they don't just do it like next week.

Didn't they do the semis and finals in one night last time? Maybe that's what they're gonna do again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd like to see more of Thea Trinidad, she had some good babyface fire (enough to get the crowd into her for an obvious jobber squash) and what little offense she got in looked decent.

Also Aliyah keeps winning me over. I wasn't really sold at first because her entire storyline on Breaking Ground was "she sucks," but she's got some moves and looks to be finding her confidence. If she can nail down the ring psychology and find a way to elevate the match beyond "move, pause, move, pause, etc." then she could be An Actual Thing in the women's division.

Billie and Peyton still do nothing for me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Troxartas posted:

Didn't they do the semis and finals in one night last time? Maybe that's what they're gonna do again.

I'd assume so seeing as it's three weeks to go and they only just wrapped up round one. I guess they could put on two quarter finals per week and have the semis on the go home show.

Surely there's going to be an Almas/Alexander match at some point too. That seems like enough matches.

Is no-one watching NXT any more? There were 19 unread posts in this topic when I clicked it. It's a shame, I thought the Perkins/Ibushi vs. Ali/Dorado match was pretty decent. At least better than what they're letting the cruiserweights do on Raw. I still can't like TJP though.

And it makes me laugh every week but I don't think I've mentioned it in this topic, but does anyone else get a kick out of the NXT Osaka advert seemingly refer to Joe as "The Empress of Tomorrow Samoa Joe"?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hold the phone, how badly is Hideo hurt? :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hold the phone, how badly is Hideo hurt? :(

He's got a neck injury and had to pull out of the Dusty, but apparently he's supposed to be back in 3 months or so. Then again, the shoulder injury kept him out much longer than expected.

I love KENTA, but I feel so bad for him. He came in at an awkward time when NXT was bringing in big-name signees but still insisted on making them "their own" and giving them character tweaks, long before they brought in guys like Nakamura and Joe and just let them be themselves. So he had a long adjustment period and now his body is breaking down. I don't know if it will ever happen for him in WWE. :(

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Both Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo have gotten offers to start in WWE in 2017 in the last week or two

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know who they are cuz I haven't been watching but I take it the worm has turned on that nineties nostalgia thing and we're mining 1997 onwards now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why hasn't the WWE signed mustafa ali, he's loving great. nxt will need heels other than bobby and Mad Max Club when Samoa Joe gets moved up. dude is smooth as poo poo and his vegeta attire owns.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
He needs to work on his personality more, in my opinion. He doesn't have much expression going on in the ring, but his athleticism can't be denied.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
mr. 450 is the preferred vegeta

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Is no-one watching NXT any more? There were 19 unread posts in this topic when I clicked it. It's a shame, I thought the Perkins/Ibushi vs. Ali/Dorado match was pretty decent. At least better than what they're letting the cruiserweights do on Raw. I still can't like TJP though.

I don't watch it live for various reasons (most recently playoff baseball, and starting last night the nba as well) but I generally watch it at some point during the week.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's like I've been saying, NXT has contracted the same ailment that the main roster shows had for awhile - there's too much and not enough meat at the same time, and more importantly, the only thing that matters is the PPV. NXT used to be a fun weekly show and now it's a wait to the next Takeover. Meanwhile Smackdown has really stolen its thunder (and its Ryan Ward).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Like, The Dusty Classic might draw people in as it coalesces, but the rest of the show is stagnant. Brooklyn II feels like forever ago and we've still got two rematches to get through plus one special attraction match with a forgone conclusion.

And they've made weird, RAW-esque booking choices lately - taking their hot babyface champ off TV for several weeks, keeping DIY away from the titles and teasing a breakup (or not bothering to discourage that line of thought) without follow-through.

And the women's division, yeesh. You can't blame it on call-ups - Nia Jax and Bayley were both obliterated by Asuka before they moved up, Alexa wouldn't have worked in a feud with someone basically speaking English phonetically. Nobody on the roster has been remotely built to Asuka's level. Except for Ember Moon. In a better world, we would be in the middle of the women's equivalent of the Hogan / Warrior build. But Moon has vanished from TV, without a worked (or real!) injury to explain it. Baffling.

NXT doesn't have its poo poo together. We're going to keep getting stiff kicks and no-selling until some Australian pulls the title from Asuka in a (bad) upset. Maybe Asuka is more comparable to dark age Trips than Hogan right now.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 27, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Triple posting to say: a year ago, 6 months ago, would a Roderick Strong debut have landed with a whisper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Basic Chunnel posted:

Triple posting to say: a year ago, 6 months ago, would a Roderick Strong debut have landed with a whisper?

It would have been a big get any time within the last five years. Within that time, there is diverse ebbs and flows to how he would have been treated and handled had he been gotten

• Locked thread