Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Complaint Compilation posted:

It's like how racism was over the moment Obama was inaugurated.

It's funny how that isn't even the conservative point of view anymore, it's shifted to them now saying that racism began the moment Obama was inaugurated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

EugeneJ posted:

Trump isn't going to bomb countries for fun and profit

I mean, the guy said, exact quote, "I'm the most militaristic person there is."

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton's foreign policy views but it's pretty clear that the reality television star is insane and bloodthirsty.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Nichael posted:

Hey guys, just a bit of a question to get into the Clinton mindset of her supporters. How many victims are there and where are the bodies?

Thanks for the input!

Look if we had an accurate count I wouldn't nearly be as supportive of Killary's secret white genocide program.

I have it on good authority that the bodies are the same place she put all the guns when she took them from us.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

No, stop. You've figured out the gimmick and you are still engaging.

He's not going to actually discuss poo poo.

Yeah but-

EugeneJ posted:

:what:

Nevermind.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

EugeneJ posted:

Honest question to those voting for Hillary: when she starts wars with Iran and Russia, won't you feel bad that there's blood on your hands?

quote:

Donald Trump vowed Friday that if Iran inappropriately approached US ships, they would be "shot out of the water."

"And by the way, with Iran, when they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats and they make gestures that our people -- that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water," he said at a rally here.

quote:

MATTHEWS: Where would we drop — where would we drop a nuclear weapon in the Middle East?
TRUMP: Let me explain. Let me explain.
Somebody hits us within ISIS — you wouldn`t fight back with a nuke?

Periodiko fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 27, 2016

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

WampaLord posted:

Here's something to distract from engaging the troll:

Epic Rap Battles of History finally did Hillary vs Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbryz0mxuMY

I've never not clicked something so hard.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cthulhumatic posted:

That jackass is probably voting Stein. Or not voting at all, because that's the smuggest of ivory tower bullshit cohices.

But I thought only Tried and True Hillary Supporters were welcome to vote in my America.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

EugeneJ posted:

yeah i'm sure the guy who constantly talks about how we should listen to our generals won't be swayed by the deluge of natsec threats those same generals dump on him on day 1 in office. I'm sure the guy who loves Michael Flynn, AEI stooge and anti-Muslim bigot, will never do any frivolous harm to a country in the ME

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Venuz Patrol posted:

Additional question for Hillary supporters: when did you stop beating your wife?

When I was putting in a lot of OT at work she started practicing rocket league and smash bros a lot, and when things slowed back down to normal at work I realized I could probably never beat her at either of those games ever again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CNN, CBS, Washington Post, NBC

He'll check out the headline on NBC "hacked memo reinforces worst perception of Clintons."

I mean, what the gently caress is that?

The headline on cnn isn't about the emails. Hell the only reference on the front page is how paranoid it is making DC in general

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Drunk Theory posted:

Look if we had an accurate count I wouldn't nearly be as supportive of Killary's secret white genocide program.

I have it on good authority that the bodies are the same place she put all the guns when she took them from us.

:agreed:

If we knew how many she's killed and where she hides them, what kind of secret white genocide program would it be? Not one I'd support.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Admiral Ray posted:

Oh, don't worry, she's already in a toxic life situation.

Hmm.

This is the guy is the kind of man Lifetime rejects as movie villains for being too obviously misogynistic. His response to his wife divorcing him for being an abusive rear end was that he just wasn't abusive enough to prove his right as the "alpha male."

The alt-right always picks such wonderful scum as heroes.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

OgreNoah posted:

You could try not living in Utah, I hear that's pretty good.
I work for the state, so I'm sticking around until I get my pension. 12 more years!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Cthulhumatic posted:

That jackass is probably voting Stein. Or not voting at all, because that's the smuggest of ivory tower bullshit cohices.

What demographics do you think are over-represented in the non-voting population?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Retro42 posted:

If by she you mean the overall mindset of the US government then yes. There is no way for a president to walk into office and drop cannibis off the controlled substance list without burning every bit of political capital they have.

God forbid the right thing gets done :rolleye:

"We can't do it" should be the new Dem motto.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

The Drudge pivot is this lady knows how to fuckin party? I don't see this working for them...

Maybe deep down the right is longing for prohibition to make a comeback? It breathed new life into the KKK in the '20s and was used as a tool by rural religious conservatives to basically make war against urban sophisticates, Catholics and immigrants.

You never know, three of the last four GOP candidates have been teetotalers for one reason or another.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I know you didn't intend it, but using Oxycodone...which has basically become a massive stand-in for Heroin in many parts of this country...as an example is not a good selling point. It needs to be Schedule III at a minimum. I get what you're saying though.

Oh I definitely agree with you, Oxycodone abuse is a massive loving problem. But even though it's playing a major role in the heroin crisis, it's still widely prescribed and available precisely because it has legitimate medical use And also massive pharmaceutical advertising. If Marijuana can get past the hurdle of being completely illegal on the federal level, that completely opens the door for future prescription and further reclassification.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
The warm-up for this Trump rally is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17rSCcx6Ok4
A State Rep. has brought a gallon of milk to the podium with him, and is now talking about how being able to buy milk in a store is a glory of free market enterprise and how we should be grateful to capitalist farmers for saving us all from having to buy cows, but Hillary Clinton will accuse these farmers of being 'Big Milk' and take away our freedoms.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean, the guy said, exact quote, "I'm the most militaristic person there is."

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton's foreign policy views but it's pretty clear that the reality television star is insane and bloodthirsty.

Let's do what he does and call 'em how we see 'em - the man is a gameshow host. Pat Sajak 2020!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Complaint Compilation posted:

Let's do what he does and call 'em how we see 'em - the man is a gameshow host. Pat Sajak 2020!

I don't want our foreign policy decided by spinning the wheel! :mad:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

God forbid the right thing gets done :rolleye:

"We can't do it" should be the new Dem motto.

Good to know the Dems will sweep the 2020 ticket running on a platform of legalizing weed then getting stonewalled on everything else for 4 years.

I'll take a step in the right direction plus 100 similar steps in other categories over fixing one thing and nothing else.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Honest question to those voting for Hillary: when she starts wars with Iran and Russia, won't you feel bad that there's blood on your hands?

you mean when they start wars with her

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OddObserver posted:

You mean pot legalization isn't the single most important issue there is in this country!?
It's actually pretty loving important. Legalization of marijuana is one of many many many necessary criminal justice reforms in this country, but it'll make a difference, and a pretty immediate one. Nationally legalized pot doesn't solve all the problems, but it does help to slow down some negatives so reforms can continue on others.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
Donald "nuke em and take their gas" Trump is the candidate for peace!

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

But I thought only Tried and True Hillary Supporters were welcome to vote in my America.

Vote for whoever?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

They suck in general.
I went to one from 3rd through a month of 6th grade and it wasn't that bad. They couldn't teach math worth a drat but that was the pretty much the sole issue. The reason I went back to public school was that their middle school had no handle on discipline at all. They had a demerit system where if you had a max of two for the month you got to go to a party. I had 7.

Then I saw the John Oliver segment on charter schools. I had no idea you could run something that fly-by-night, and get away with it. Maybe Minnesota regulates them a little bit better?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

WampaLord posted:

Is today One Liner Low Effort Troll day and someone forgot to tell me?

icantfindaname, Tight Booty Shorts, & EugeneJ posting?

Checks out.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Here's something to distract from engaging the troll:

Epic Rap Battles of History finally did Hillary vs Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbryz0mxuMY

Vote Abraham Lincoln w/ pimp grill & Oversized Bald Eagle 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EugeneJ isn't a troll, he's an extremely sincere GBS-style idiot.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ok for the first time in a while most every news site has an email story as their main headline. What happened?

Some of Clinton's staff expressed concern that the private server was bad politics on their internal emails that were stolen by Russian intelligence and are now being reported in the media without question.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

EugeneJ isn't a troll, he's an extremely sincere GBS-style idiot.

So... troll by another name then?

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't want our foreign policy decided by spinning the wheel! :mad:

But then Vanna White would be the VP! :911:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

So... troll by another name then?
No, troll implies someone who is acting to get a reaction. Eugene is presenting his actual, very dumb opinions.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Regarding Charter Schools, this bit on John Oliver's show did a pretty good job outlining why they suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_htSPGAY7I

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's kinda amazing that even this late in the cycle Trump can't break out of the high 30s/low 40s in polling.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Missouri passed constitutional carry. Luckily my polling place is at a school so I don't *think* anyone will be carrying. I've thought about taking the day off and just sitting out front in a lawn chair, but I'm also a white male in an affluent area, so I'm guessing that there's a better chance I'd be acting as a deterrent to people wanting to vote rather than a deterrent to people harassing would-be voters.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Regarding Charter Schools, this bit on John Oliver's show did a pretty good job outlining why they suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_htSPGAY7I

I remember this one. Pro-clickage.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'll be spending the election day at the field office reminding people to vote.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

Missouri passed constitutional carry. Luckily my polling place is at a school so I don't *think* anyone will be carrying. I've thought about taking the day off and just sitting out front in a lawn chair, but I'm also a white male in an affluent area, so I'm guessing that there's a better chance I'd be acting as a deterrent to people wanting to vote rather than a deterrent to people harassing would-be voters.

My favorite thing about Missouri is how the GOP could be owning every single facet of that state like it was Alabama if they would just give up on Right-to-Work, but they can't, and will likely lose the governorship because of it. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's actually pretty loving important. Legalization of marijuana is one of many many many necessary criminal justice reforms in this country, but it'll make a difference, and a pretty immediate one. Nationally legalized pot doesn't solve all the problems, but it does help to slow down some negatives so reforms can continue on others.

I may be being more than a bit short-sighted here, but it just feels like a very... Comfortable Middle Class angle on what's wrong with the War on Drugs. Which may just be why it may actually get fixed.

• Locked thread