Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

Is there a site that gives an easy time-on/time-off subs for players? I'd love to fire up the replay of the 76ers game to watch Embiid's minutes but it'd be nice to know what game-time he subbed on and off.

Popcornmachine.net

Hover over the colored blocks and it'll give you exact times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings looked like an actual basketball team against a bad basketball team last night. If we can beat all the non-playoff teams this year I'll be pleased

Also WCS did this
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/791634739140648960

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

Popcornmachine.net

Hover over the colored blocks and it'll give you exact times.

Perfect, thanks!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This is cool if you're like me and don't know poo poo about Xs and Os. Very clean explanation of pindown screens, apparently there's going to be more of these.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I woke up this morning and the Sacramento Kings of Sacramento are still in first in the Pacific and the Shook rear end Warriors of Oakland are still in last. I am going to enjoy this as long as it lasts*

*when the final buzzer sounds in Kings-Spurs tonight

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Willie Cauley-Stein is the most underrated young big in the NBA. Very Tyson Chandler-y, which was his draft comp.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I doubt it. He just doesn't have that mental gear where "the game slows down for him", as they say. He can't keep up with his own physical ability because he lacks a feel for the game, and I know all that sounds like vague bullshit but I'm being very specific - an important part of "basketball iq" is not just being able to make the right decision analytically, but having your first instinct BE the right decision. It's not really a teachable skill because it's not conscious or applicable in situations where you have time to think. Dipo is a smart guy with great physical tools, but he's not a natural basketball player and it makes him very erratic.

Ah so he's like Serge.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

Pack away those Curry jerseys and dust off those Webber jerseys, Fairfield

This is from a couple pages back but I gotta say it....PRINT THE SHIRTS

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

Ah so he's like Serge.

On offense yes, but Dipo is like that on defense too while Ibaka seems to have good instincts on that end.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

Willie Cauley-Stein is the most underrated young big in the NBA. Very Tyson Chandler-y, which was his draft comp.

It's because that's a wing's name, not center-y at all.

ars
Oct 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MrSargent posted:

please stop im already dead

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

is Nurkic going to be on a minutes restriction for the rest of his career?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

On offense yes, but Dipo is like that on defense too while Ibaka seems to have good instincts on that end.

Yeah I'm specifically talking offense. Dipo will be fine once he gets acclimated with the system despite what y'all are saying I BELIEVE

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
that chasedown block by embiid was very nice.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings looked like an actual basketball team against a bad basketball team last night. If we can beat all the non-playoff teams this year I'll be pleased

Also WCS did this
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/791634739140648960

oh hey I can see myself in this, neat

I knew the Suns were going to bad this year but man, that game was over by the end of the 1st. The rookies looked good though - Watson played all three of them together and it kind of worked. Bender in particular stood out, so that's a nice surprise.

Knight went 1/9 and his first action of the season was a turnover. Perfect!

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 27, 2016

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Bender in particular stood out, so that's a nice surprise.

He looks like a seven foot tall lightbulb so big surprise

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Twitter is killing Vine so :rip: NBA

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Sharparoni posted:

Twitter is killing Vine so :rip: NBA
Vine sucks so that's good

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

Thanks, I kinda want the full Embiid experience, off-ball, misses, etc.

NBA has them you'd just have to search for "by Embiid" to pull up every instance where he's subbed in.

I also noticed that each play has a play button next to it. When I click it says you must log in to league pass but I'm too lazy to sign up even though it's apparently free. Does it have the clip of that play or is it just putting you to that time in the game?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

DeMar owns, Valanciunas owns, basketball is back and life is good.

That was a fun game. DeMar took the Raptors season opener scoring record from Vince, and JV killed Boban: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OktOrNv4G1k

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick posted:

Welcome back to basketball SemiBadAss.

My big overreaction for the day is that the Pacers will play watchable basketball this year.

Whoa whoa whoa

Believe it or not the Pacers were watchable last year. Myles Turner was just as fun to watch, and Paul George is PG.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

Thanks, I kinda want the full Embiid experience, off-ball, misses, etc.

He looked so good at things that he could obviously just drill over and over. You could tell that he didn't have a very great feel for things you are going to pick up from just playing 5 on 5 games, like feeling the double coming and passing out of it or how the defense rotates, but he seems like he learns incredibly quickly. His timing for blocking shots looked good though and so did his footwork. A lot to be insanely excited about.

I love that he has a nice shot too. I guess that happens when it's about all you can do for two years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's gonna foul out a lot of dudes and then make them pay by shooting in the 80s from free throw.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Jota posted:

He looked so good at things that he could obviously just drill over and over. You could tell that he didn't have a very great feel for things you are going to pick up from just playing 5 on 5 games, like feeling the double coming and passing out of it or how the defense rotates, but he seems like he learns incredibly quickly. His timing for blocking shots looked good though and so did his footwork. A lot to be insanely excited about.

I love that he has a nice shot too. I guess that happens when it's about all you can do for two years.

He gives me hope that if I only I could practice my post moves against 5'9" white guys six hours a day everyday for two years, maybe I too could be a NBA player.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

You dont practise against White guys,you see videos on youtube of them practising and presto.embiid clinics are just gonna be a bunch of people watching videos and drinking shirley temples.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jota posted:

I agree. He made some dumb plays defensively for sure, including giving Steven Adams a clear lane to the basket several times in a row. Offensively he is kinda lazy with his passes and needs to be in better position before he starts his post moves. All that said, his footwork is amazing, his vision for the game looks good, and his physical attributes are ridiculous. His weaknesses are just rookie stuff.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's one game but he pretty much looks like the highest level version of what you would have expected from him coming out of college, which is a ridiculously skilled and talented guy who still has a decent bit of work to do on learning the finer points of the game. There will be plenty of games where he looks lost or fouls out quickly but also some where he's the best guy on the court and no one can cover him. Hopefully he stays healthy and gets the minutes to develop that mental stuff

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 27, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MrSargent posted:

They're at the printers right now.

PRINTING THE SHIRTS BOSS

also WCS has a top tier awful nickname which is Willie Blockenstein

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I could make a mint if I had a shirt printing company with all the demands that SAS and TFF have for shirts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

I could make a mint if I had a shirt printing company with all the demands that SAS and TFF have for shirts.

you'd actually lose a lot of money because nobody will actually buy the shirts once you print them

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't find anything on the health of Bogut or Mejri. Last night, it looked like Bogut messed up his right wrist. He only played a couple minutes after that and didn't use his right hand at all. It must have really been bothering him to not play in most of the second half or any of OT. Mejri had knee surgery in the offseason and briefly appeared in a preseason game. The Mavs might be missing the only two real centers on their roster for an undetermined amount of time.

edit: in other news
https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/791385798994190338

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 27, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

G-Hawk posted:

i dont love beverly but he will help with this some i think and maybe even play some defense while he is doing it

edit: Honestly i'm sure i'll find MDA poo poo to bitch about but the rockets roster just isn't very good this year outside of harden and i've got pretty low expectations accordingly

I love Beverley like my own son, but they need somebody to pull the ball back and make the guys set some screens and poo poo before throwing up a 3 pointer and he isn't that guy

The roster is pretty mediocre but they have enough firepower to put together a fun offense if they wise up

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

leftist heap posted:

that chasedown block by embiid was very nice.

I was extremely impressed by this. It's a shame it didn't work out better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Millions of little kids in Africa grow up thinking Ryan Tannehill is a top ten QB

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

you'd actually lose a lot of money because nobody will actually buy the shirts once you print them

You'll get back the first shipment in December and no one will remember why we were so excited about Myles Turner.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

There is one guy who makes a lot of the "trust the process" shirts and other weird internet sports memes and I've often wondered how much money he makes

With print on demand shirts it's not like you can lose money, just the opportunity cost of spending 8 hours designing a wacky meme shirt that you could've spent connecting with your estranged family members or something like that

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 27, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ElPedro posted:

How'd Harrison Barnes do? Looking at the box score he seemed to do well enough.

Don't know if I'm the only one, but it's a pretty funny subplot this season seeing how he'll do on that contract..

If the Mavs had paid Parsons instead of Barnes, they would have been blown out instead of losing in OT. Barnes had a good but not great game and his basket to send it to OT was sweet. I like how Parsons plays but it should be troubling that he is on a max deal and went from could be back in round 2 of the playoffs to missing opening night months later.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Millions of little kids in Africa grow up thinking Ryan Tannehill is a top ten QB

My good deed is done then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chunkles posted:

There is one guy who makes a lot of the "trust the process" shirts and other weird internet sports memes and I've often wondered how much money he makes

He had a pretty decent following on twitter for the excellent "did the sixers lose?" account though, so I feel like it's a bit different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Parsons played 0 minutes yesterday

• Locked thread