Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I heard this DLC was short ... qq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's probably the shortest of any souls DLC but it's a really cool level

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

I heard this DLC was short ... qq.

yeah it is. it's good though

i need to try the multiplayer stuff now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 3v3 is kinda awesome.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im glad its good. im starting it nao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in future playthroughs i'm definitely bee-lining it to that arena boss as soon as I can. that fight is sick

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

The guy and his wolf boss is very hard to me.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dlc release made me realize I played all of the dark souls games but never gone through 100% of the content for any of them, so last night I made up a bandit and started the trek through undead burg. All of this poo poo is getting beat. :black101:

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Control Volume posted:

Dlc release made me realize I played all of the dark souls games but never gone through 100% of the content for any of them, so last night I made up a bandit and started the trek through undead burg. All of this poo poo is getting beat. :black101:

Kinda the same. Realized I never did Artorias DLC which is pretty hosed up.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I realize that I havent gone down to Ash Lake every single time the ending cutscene plays.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Good luck goon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guw posted:

The guy and his wolf boss is very hard to me.

I can't even figure out how to trigger (LMAO) this fight but I know it exists because I've been summoned for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait the other boss. Not that one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had to look up what to do to find the bonus dlc boss and immediately felt like a dumbass when i saw how to start heading towards it lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh nice I forgot I have a pale tongue in my inventory on my endgame character... I only have 1 respec left before moving to NG+ though so I guess I gotta scoop up all the items and spells in the DLC and decide which ones the coolest. Also In Training I remember you saying you've never seen an ending to this game -- you know it works like DS2 where you don't get forced into NG+ as soon as you beat it right? You should really beat the final boss cuz he owns

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Control Volume posted:

Yeah Bloodborne is the only one I've beaten the DLC on but even then I never fought Queen Yharnam... I have Scholar of the First Sin and I heard the Souls 2 DLC is great but Bloodborne and DS3 have spoiled me and it's really hard going back to 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Oh nice I forgot I have a pale tongue in my inventory on my endgame character... I only have 1 respec left before moving to NG+ though so I guess I gotta scoop up all the items and spells in the DLC and decide which ones the coolest. Also In Training I remember you saying you've never seen an ending to this game -- you know it works like DS2 where you don't get forced into NG+ as soon as you beat it right? You should really beat the final boss cuz he owns

I've beaten all the bosses, I just left this guy on NG for the DLC

also apparently the boss I easily found was the optional hidden one and I feel like a rere for not being able to figure out the critical path

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so sum1 spoil it for me..whats with all the red gunk and bugs/half dead birds?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

I dunno man. All I could think about while playing is how frustrated the Bonfireside Chat guys are going to be with the new lore things.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Game Designers Reveal One Crazy Trick... You won't believe they used this twice!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

I just defer to Bloodborne lore. its uhh.. the manifested impurities in the blood used to paint over the painting of ariamis??

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

Game Designers Reveal One Crazy Trick... You won't believe they used this twice!

i know this feel

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

I realize that I havent gone down to Ash Lake every single time the ending cutscene plays.

on my first playthrough, i stumbled onto ash lake when I was cursed and had to go all the way back with half health to buy the thing to get you uncursed. good feels

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

tumor looking batty posted:

on my first playthrough, i stumbled onto ash lake when I was cursed and had to go all the way back with half health to buy the thing to get you uncursed. good feels

I wish they hadn't pussified curse so much. It was weak sauce in ds2 when it just took a chip of your max life and just dying is boring in ds3. My first ds character got double cursed because I didn't know wtf and I couldn't even find the solution cus I was playing a Japanese copy so I beat the depths that way and was beating my head on blighttown before I finally decided to search online for what to do about my health bar lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They got rid of curse in DS1 with a patch too, i think they just wanted to walk back the whole idea. I like seeing the petrified corpses of other people killed by curses

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, DS1 curse is cool. it's neat having one or two areas where you really, really are afraid of going.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
DS1 hit the nail on the hammer for foreboding locales. In DS3 when I go to a new area my attitude is "let's gently caress this place up!" instead of "oh poo poo this is the place with the X"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't think I ever actually hit with curse in DS1 :shrug:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Boomstick Quaid posted:

DS1 hit the nail on the hammer for foreboding locales. In DS3 when I go to a new area my attitude is "let's gently caress this place up!" instead of "oh poo poo this is the place with the X"

Yeah and those "I'm out of Estus and super lost, where the heck is the next bonfire" moments of anxiety aren't as intense in DS3 either.... usually if you ever get to that point there's gonna be one right around the corner, while DS1 would leave you stewing for a while

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you got cursed by the frogs in ds1 you were literally an idiot

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like i'm literally an idiot

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Wilhelm is kicking my rear end... so I pick up parry shield and highest crit weapon and oneshot the dude. :coal: That armor set is awesome.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

if you got cursed by the frogs in ds1 you were literally an idiot

Im

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

better walk into this purple gas and let the meter build up after a really long wind up animation -- NOt somehting i said because i'm really smart, but something someone stupid said prolly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tbf, your first and last time getting cursed will probably be falling into that pit in the sewers where youre completely surrounded by the fuckers and the gas stacks to kill you in half a second

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

instinct would be to raise a shield and back off and thats the worst thing to do lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

tbf, your first and last time getting cursed will probably be falling into that pit in the sewers where youre completely surrounded by the fuckers and the gas stacks to kill you in half a second

yeah, that happened to me the first time, and the once more i accidentally fell down there and panicked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The actual DLC boss is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The actual DLC boss is badass

yeah, it's a cool design. i've put in 3 attempts, and i'm hoping i can go back and finish it tonight.

• Locked thread