Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Harrow posted:

You'd probably need that anyway if RDM is a one-handed sword DPS class, because they almost always use shields in FF games as well.

Now that you mention it, I suppose all the other DPS classes use two-handed weapons of some kind, with the exception of those low-level wands and Int shields for THM and CNJ that just sort of disappear after awhile. Spears, bows, and books all require two hands to use and rogues use a knife in each and monks use both fists. It seems like SE always has the off-hand occupied with something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there anything special you need to do to get mudfish working well with this game? I'm getting worse performance using it so far. Like 400ms with it on for some reason.

best bet is to look for stagnant water in thanalan. the northeast section of central thanalan and several areas around drybone in eastern thanalan have some good pools to start searching in. see this page for more details.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

best bet is to look for stagnant water in thanalan. the northeast section of central thanalan and several areas around drybone in eastern thanalan have some good pools to start searching in. see this page for more details.

Ummm...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Venuz Patrol posted:

lol

http://mudfish.net/

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

cat became disconnected

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want Red Mage to get access to a unique -aja spell line and, instead of traditional melee combos, build up stacks of Double and Triple which multi cast their spells.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Dang, I didn't know there was some sort of super beast tribe alliance conclusion to the beast tribe quests. Is that just for the 2.0 beast tribes? Does it include the Ixal? That's like... crafting, right? I've done almost no crafting. Can I just choose any old crafting class that sounds appealing and start doing the Ixal quests? Or is there like some optimal series of cross-class fuckery I should be getting into?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Dang, I didn't know there was some sort of super beast tribe alliance conclusion to the beast tribe quests. Is that just for the 2.0 beast tribes? Does it include the Ixal? That's like... crafting, right? I've done almost no crafting. Can I just choose any old crafting class that sounds appealing and start doing the Ixal quests? Or is there like some optimal series of cross-class fuckery I should be getting into?

The Ixal quests are aimed at players who haven't devoted a lot of time to crafting. In fact they are a very good source of crafting xp pre-50 and are well worth doing if you have any interest in crafting.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Ixal quests usually have a minor fetch or kill quest component that ends with you going to a specific NPC, equipping special gloves and crafting a specific quest item. It gets trickier once you need to HQ things, especially when they cap your CP, but it's more like a puzzle, where once you figure out the right steps you can usually do it without any trouble.

Also, I think their story is kinda nice. :3:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I wonder if they'll ever do again what they did with NIN and drop another dps class on us mid-expansion. It'd be fun to see the lower level areas filled with FATE-spammers again.

Fates would still be dead and you'd just get a bunch more people standing around in quarrymill.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Leofish posted:

Now that you mention it, I suppose all the other DPS classes use two-handed weapons of some kind, with the exception of those low-level wands and Int shields for THM and CNJ that just sort of disappear after awhile. Spears, bows, and books all require two hands to use and rogues use a knife in each and monks use both fists. It seems like SE always has the off-hand occupied with something.

It's easier on the animators if both hands are occupied for battle motions, which is why CNJ and THM had shields to equip (well, that and 1.0 garbage). That way they don't have to leave hands in unflattering idle poses or come up with ways to use free hands that don't look forced.

Which means if RDM is a sword job it's going to be sword and board, although hopefully if we do get RDM they won't just recycle GLD animations for many of the weaponskills and the autoattack.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
give rdm new fencer animations imo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Which means if RDM is a sword job it's going to be sword and board, although hopefully if we do get RDM they won't just recycle GLD animations for many of the weaponskills and the autoattack.

I doubt that they would, if only because they've so far been really good about giving each job unique animations. It seems like a priority. Plus, if they use rapiers, they better be thrusting with those things.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Leofish posted:

Machinist.

Everyone forgets Machinist.

(A vast majority of MCH animations are one handed, with the big exceptions being the Reloads and Reassemble which involve something else in their off-hand. MCHs are ripe for an off-hand but due to the weirdness it causes with GLD/PLD it's probably not going to happen to it OR any new class.)

E: MCHs even have a power source they strap to their belt that is referred to in their abilities that is otherwise unrepresented in gear. C'mon Squeenix. I could glamour that.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 27, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Someone please post a picture of the Mogstation witch outfit on a Roegadame, and also tell me if it's dyeable.

Thank you.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It is dyeable.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Boogalo posted:

It is dyeable.

Thanks!

Mr. Locke posted:

but due to the weirdness it causes with GLD/PLD it's probably not going to happen to it OR any new class.

They really should just make every offhand just part of the mainhand, and remove the offhand slot, so PLDs get to equip "sword and shield" (same with the crafters that have offhands).

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Office Surprise Store posted:

sam won't be a tank because dark knight was samurai until they decided that they didn't want it to be a tank

I know we've had some newbies in between HW reveal and now, so QFT.

Yoshi-P has declared publicly that he feels that the best place for SAM will be a DPS. He envisions the job as as more of the quick-draw cloth-clad ronin-type job, and not the armor-clad warrior type.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/673698.html

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 27, 2016

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I get the impression the type of samurai we'll get is one in light clothing, and not the armoured kind.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Mr. Locke posted:

Machinist.

Everyone forgets Machinist.

(A vast majority of MCH animations are one handed, with the big exceptions being the Reloads and Reassemble which involve something else in their off-hand. MCHs are ripe for an off-hand but due to the weirdness it causes with GLD/PLD it's probably not going to happen to it OR any new class.)

E: MCHs even have a power source they strap to their belt that is referred to in their abilities that is otherwise unrepresented in gear. C'mon Squeenix.

You're right, which is funny because machinist guns are typically long guns. It's not like they're dual wielding pistols, they use "musketoons" and other long-barrel weapons. But yeah, I suppose many animations are 1-handed. I've never played machinist and I rarely pay attention to animations in groups, so that's why it slipped my mind.

Lemon-Lime posted:

They really should just make every offhand just part of the mainhand, and remove the offhand slot, so PLDs get to equip "sword and shield" (same with the crafters that have offhands).

I suppose the only issue is mixing it up with shields. If sword and shield become a single item which would you be able to glamour?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ixal quests share the 12-daily limit with all the other tribes, right?

Feel like I should at least start passively leveling crafters since all three gatherers are above 50 now, but I need more relic thingies from the fatbirds and bugs, and I'm way behind on the ARR tribes :(

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

CrashScreen posted:

I get the impression the type of samurai we'll get is one in light clothing, and not the armoured kind.

Samurai is traditionally heavy armor in FF so I think they'll occupy the DRG-tier of armor. Which is good, could use another medium armor class.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If/when samurais are added in the RPers and text macros that come from it are sure to be fun.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ciaphas posted:

Feel like I should at least start passively leveling crafters since all three gatherers are above 50 now, but I need more relic thingies from the fatbirds and bugs, and I'm way behind on the ARR tribes :(

Yes they do share the limit. All the beast tribes (including moogles) use the same pool of 12 allowances a day, which is why all the HW ones just upgrade your rep bonus as you increase in rank instead of giving you more quest givers like the ARR ones did.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, they do. Even their daily turnin quest which is independent of the other three-quests-per-NPC quests takes an allowance.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Augus posted:

If/when samurais are added in the RPers and text macros that come from it are sure to be fun.

heh, nothing personnel, kid...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there anything special you need to do to get mudfish working well with this game? I'm getting worse performance using it so far. Like 400ms with it on for some reason.

Configure your connections properly. I had the same problem as you, and it was because it was routing me to from Colorado to New Zealand and back to Montreal.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

CrashScreen posted:

Frankly, I don't see why it couldn't be a little bit of both and then just call it a medium-armor class, to share with DRG. Or is my image of Samurai just a little too polluted by playing as much Soul Calibur as I did, which makes this smug rear end in a top hat the image in my head?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Frankly, I don't see why it couldn't be a little bit of both and then just call it a medium-armor class, to share with DRG. Or is my image of Samurai just a little too polluted by playing as much Soul Calibur as I did, which makes this smug rear end in a top hat the image in my head?

is this early concept art of hanzo? when did they change him to using a bow?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Augus posted:

Kick this fucker because he didn't honorably bow to Sophia first.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Buff swords and give everyone else some sort of offhand type item they could equip as well.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Saint Freak posted:

Kick this fucker because he didn't honorably bow to Sophia first.

Looking forward to holding all SAM to this standard.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Tsurupettan posted:

Mitsurugi lol

Also if Samurai is ever in I hope Blade Catch kills people hundreds of times over

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

look @ this fuckin scrub who doesnt recognize mitsurugi

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bow before the one true Samurai From A Fighting Game

poo poo man, his game has the word Samurai in the title so you know he's legit AF

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Yes they do share the limit. All the beast tribes (including moogles) use the same pool of 12 allowances a day, which is why all the HW ones just upgrade your rep bonus as you increase in rank instead of giving you more quest givers like the ARR ones did.

They what? :confused: I did all the HW beast tribe quests in 3.3 and they all gave a static rep bonus all the way from rank 1 to 8. The only thing that increased each step was the Exp you get for the quest (lol) and for Moogles, the amount of nuts you get.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

There's no way they can implement the red mage everyone is lusting over in the battle system as it stands unless 4.0 drastically overhauls things. It's maybe not as ridiculous as the people who keep wanting Blue Mage, but it's close.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Of course goons fuckin' fell for it.

Reminder that SE isn't afraid to play fast and loose with the armor categories. No reason SAM leveling gear couldn't have a healthy mix of styles.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kelp Me! posted:

Bow before the one true Samurai From A Fighting Game

poo poo man, his game has the word Samurai in the title so you know he's legit AF

Knowing SE, SAM is probably going to have Bushido Blade references out the wazoo.

I doubt the M16 will be making an appearance, though.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Of course goons fuckin' fell for it.

Reminder that SE isn't afraid to play fast and loose with the armor categories. No reason SAM leveling gear couldn't have a healthy mix of styles.

Fell for *what*? I don't know how goons can be "falling for it" when literally the words straight from the man's mouth are that SAM is going to be a DPS, and that making it share armor with DRG is an entirely reasonable direction?

• Locked thread