Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Alice Liddell posted:

Will this have a strong community on PC?

The last one did till they hosed everything up with the DLC. Even after there were a buncha die hards that did tournaments and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Giant Bomb gave it 5/5 stars. Instabuy up on this bitch.

Gotta balance this, gears, and bf1.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
GMG codes Soon™ :ohdear:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Game is out if you wanna deal with an aussie VPN, peepz are streaming. Come hang out with me and frothyomen.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Would that mean its out in Jappon too??

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Finishing single player before I get into the meat of the game. It has been kick rear end so far. Reasonably early on (within the first couple hours) there is a really cool I guess you would call it level (its loving massive and goes on for like an hour it seems) which is very evocative of portal 2. They are doing some more interesting stuff in the campaign than I imagined. Certainly no COD single player is nearly this cool...

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If I didn't like playing Titanfall 1 on the Xbox One, but I liked playing BLOPS 3 on the PC, is there a decent chance I could like playing Titanfall 2 on the PC? Like, I didn't have fun with the first Titanfall but that may have just been a bad first impression only playing on someone else's xbox for a bit. I've sunk a good amount of time into blops 3 and it's a lot of fun, Titanfall 2 seems like it might be similar but with some more fun bits (bigger maps, mechs) and maybe less annoying bits (I still roll my eyes at flamethrower guy's power).

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
This game has customization options out the rear end and it's incredible. the execution you get from the dew/doritos thing makes it so you finally stab someone with your hacking knife

I made a network called Titanfall Goons if anyone wants to join

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh gently caress me, do I really want to preorder ANOTHER game?
I already got Mafia 3, Shadow Warrior 2, and Battlefield 1.

Mafia 3 I set aside until the devs unfuck it, SW2 is fun in small bursts with a buddy, and Battlefield 1 is amazing for extended play sessions but the squad system and actually getting a group together to play with is kind of a bitch to do... it's kind of necessary to play with a coordinated squad though, pubbies are horrible.

How fun is Titanfall for just jumping in and loving around with pubbies? I'm looking for a game to just jump in and jump out and this also gives me some heavy Tribes vibes with how vertical you can get and how maneuverability is so important... also getting some Mech Warrior vibes with the titans themselves!

The GMG VIP deal seems too good to pass up, I dunno what to do!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Antoine Silvere posted:

This game has customization options out the rear end and it's incredible. the execution you get from the dew/doritos thing makes it so you finally stab someone with your hacking knife

I made a network called Titanfall Goons if anyone wants to join

so basically dip a chip in they sauce

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Deakul posted:

Oh gently caress me, do I really want to preorder ANOTHER game?
I already got Mafia 3, Shadow Warrior 2, and Battlefield 1.

Mafia 3 I set aside until the devs unfuck it, SW2 is fun in small bursts with a buddy, and Battlefield 1 is amazing for extended play sessions but the squad system and actually getting a group together to play with is kind of a bitch to do... it's kind of necessary to play with a coordinated squad though, pubbies are horrible.

How fun is Titanfall for just jumping in and loving around with pubbies? I'm looking for a game to just jump in and jump out and this also gives me some heavy Tribes vibes with how vertical you can get and how maneuverability is so important... also getting some Mech Warrior vibes with the titans themselves!

The GMG VIP deal seems too good to pass up, I dunno what to do!

CDkeys has it for $45 and you get the code right away. I'm still waiting for GMG to send me a key.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mill Village posted:

CDkeys has it for $45 and you get the code right away. I'm still waiting for GMG to send me a key.

Oh snap, good call.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I should mention Attrition is great even with pubbies. Its basically a form of TDM with AI enemies in addition to real players.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Welp, that's all I needed to know.

AI enemies in my mp shooter, yes please.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Game is good.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Man this single player is going WAY above my expectations. I don't want to ruin the mechanic because I don't think they mentioned it ever being in the game but if you remember the loving badass nightcrawler white house scene from the start of x-men 2... this is similar and so much fun.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Qmass posted:

Man this single player is going WAY above my expectations. I don't want to ruin the mechanic because I don't think they mentioned it ever being in the game but if you remember the loving badass nightcrawler white house scene from the start of x-men 2... this is similar and so much fun.

Bruh.
Nightcrawler is my favorite x-men character.

Don't do this to me.
Don't...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, it's out if we play pretend via VPN!?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

It sure is! Never trusting GMG again after this though :ohdear:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wait, it's out if we play pretend via VPN!?

yep, just have to connect to VPN and launch the game, then you can disconnect and play without 3 second ping

game loving owns btw

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Mr.Citrus posted:

The last one did till they hosed everything up with the DLC.

Looks like they saw good results with their eventual release of Titanfall 1's DLC for free:

Respawn posted:

All Maps, Modes, and More are Free After Launch

No Season Pass required: all maps & modes will be free in Titanfall 2 Multiplayer. This means no splitting up the community and it all starts with the legendary Angel City map, remastered from the original Titanfall. This means once you’ve purchased Titanfall 2, your investment includes a full single player campaign, the full multiplayer maps and modes, and long-term support with no hidden costs. You can pre-order the game to play 3 days early, but it will never cost you extra.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Exposure posted:

So I watched that polygon gameplay video...and honestly I'm more baffled by the fact that, well, every reviewer seemed to be playing it like it was CoD when they were pilots, except for the one streamer account I saw actually making use of the wallruns when they could.

Like Polygon's 7 I can at least understand from a "I think you were just bad at the game" viewpoint, I'm far more confused by the people who just played it like it was CoD and go "yeah this brings some innovation to the table, 8/9 out of 10!", I mean it seems like you would have to actually make use of those innovations before you can say that unless one just really likes titan play to the point of not caring about how pilots play.

I know the answer to this conundrum is "gaming journalism is a joke"

fake edit: As far as I know the only cross-game thing they're doing is with BF1 and the red baron skin, they haven't announced anything re: TF1 ownership up till now.

this. when i played one. i know alot of idiots who played it like cod and they would get wrecked by people who didn't(like me). I assume its because cod multiplayer is the one thing alot of people play and that style carries over. its kinda like how people dont know how to use tanks in battlefield one.(you use them the way they were original intended, as basically a battering ram with guns, using infantry as cover. you use it to knock down walls and clear out infantry.)

hahaah. awesome.

Wazzit posted:

Was able to get an early copy from a local shop that doesn't give a gently caress. :woop:

gently caress.

wow, they didnt even get a good game when loving you over either.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was deadset on getting BF1 over Titanfall 2 this week since I can only commit to one shootmans but the glowing review from even noted games curmudgeon Jeff Gerstmann, plus "all post launch poo poo is free vs paying another $50 for BF1 content" has turned me around. tomorrow I'm all in for robot wars 2

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ugh, just bought it from CDKeys (38€). I hope this is as good as people are saying.

I'm just glad I upgraded to a 100mbit connection a few weeks back (from 16), new games are just too drat big.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Played through the campaign last night since it couldn't matchmake enough people to play a match. Took around 5-6 hours, overall a really solid campaign that does more than a standard fps shooter with platforming puzzles, over the top Metal Gear Solid-esque Boss characters, and a lot of moments that make you feel like a badass, especially one section late in the game. :rock:

They also introduce a really cool ability that you don't really expect in a few levels early on, but drops it maybe a little too soon. They could have made a whole game based on this ability.

also BT-7274 is :allears:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Antoine Silvere posted:

yep, just have to connect to VPN and launch the game, then you can disconnect and play without 3 second ping

game loving owns btw

I thought it was going to be mid day today at the earliest but drat.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did not realize both Bounty Hunt + Attrition are in this, that's awesome. Really need lots of modes with bots to make some of the maps feel more alive.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised I like Northstar as much as I do. The lack of Titan shields means the sniper rifle isn't completely useless any more, plus the cluster missile is still as great as ever.

Game feels slightly slower than TF1 but that might be in part because I am still learning the maps/playing with grapple/getting used to the new keybindings (TF1 players might want to change them back if you've still got muscle memory)

Looking at the customization for weapons/titans/pilots, it sounds like they have regen (aka prestige) for individual things now? makes sense since everything has its own level

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

What kind of customization is there for pilots? Is your appearance still tied to your abilities?

EDIT: does the male/female option still exist?

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 27, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

What kind of customization is there for pilots? Is your appearance still tied to your abilities?

your pilot model is tied to your ability but you can change your skin color basically. There's like 7 pages of options, all with various unlock criteria. also you can choose between male and female (or robo-male and robo-female, lol)

all weapons have customization options as well, as do titans. Titans get camo as well as nose decals, which are specific to each titan. i believe there is an anime lady you can put on the sword titan

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.
I am a total moron when it comes to VPNs, is there a free one that I can use to unlock this jump man simulator?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Also on the PC front: I have been playing the campaign for 5-6 hrs now and it runs flawlessly so far. On an i5 2500K and 1070 - everything maxed and 4X MSAA it looks pretty good and runs smooth. Alt-tabs without issue and hasn't crashed once. Will have to play multi to say if its relatively bug free but its looking good so far.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Qmass posted:

Also on the PC front: I have been playing the campaign for 5-6 hrs now and it runs flawlessly so far. On an i5 2500K and 1070 - everything maxed and 4X MSAA it looks pretty good and runs smooth. Alt-tabs without issue and hasn't crashed once. Will have to play multi to say if its relatively bug free but its looking good so far.

That's good to know. I'm running an i5 3470 and a 1060 so I'm pretty CPU bound.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

ISUCHARESLOLO posted:

I am a total moron when it comes to VPNs, is there a free one that I can use to unlock this jump man simulator?

softether VPN is what i used, as well as the relay plugin that gives you a list of proxy servers right there in the client. just connect to a south korean server and launch the game and you should be good 2 go

Gunder
May 22, 2003

ISUCHARESLOLO posted:

Check your PMs.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

And now, I will be purchasing. If anything, just to support this business model.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Male/female toggle exists but the models aren't as drastically different as they were in the last game.

On top of what Antione said there will also be "Prime" Titan skins later on. Cosmetic overhauls with modified Titan body, sound effects, and execution animation. No gameplay changes though, just visual. You get two of them with the Deluxe edition, but not until December. I assume you'll be able to buy the rest by then, too. Also I'm guessing they'll be real money only, gotta fund those free maps somehow.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

runchild posted:

On top of what Antione said there will also be "Prime" Titan skins later on. Cosmetic overhauls with modified Titan body, sound effects, and execution animation. No gameplay changes though, just visual.

That sounds cool as hell

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Yeah I have absolutely no problem with microtransactions as long as they're purely cosmetic and you actually buy the thing you want instead of just more random chances to get it (looking at you, Mass Effect 3). I may even throw down a few bucks myself for a fancier Spectre scarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Qmass posted:

Sweet, I've got the same card and a better CPU so I should be good.