Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Schwartzcough posted:

And don't think you're all set once you get them to sleep - they only stay asleep for maybe 3-4 turns. You basically need to continue spamming sleep abilities at them to keep them that way.
Isn't it dependent on mind? I had Tyro equipped for mind in that fight and once I hit one with sleep he stayed that way for a good long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
JP debuff lucky draw netted me 5 5*, including a setzer and freya bssb. drat, for 25 myth that's amazing

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Got yellow megaphone and my first BSB: Artemis Bow. I finally have a really good support option besides Ramza!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I looked through future banners again and I'm now considering changing my plan from skipping the Noel banners and pulling on Lightning OSB 1 to fix my XIII synergy to making the one pull on Noel 2 I was intending to make before the DU25 lucky draw and then skipping the Lightning OSB banners in favor of Fang OSB 1. I'll be slightly reducing my chances of getting dupes that way (Lightning OSB 1 has two relics I already have, while Noel 2 only has one), plus it maximizes my chances of getting physical weapons, which is what I really need. Lightning OSB 1 has more relics for physical characters, but several of them are on armor.

Changing my budget like this would mean I'm spending slightly more in advance of OK, but I also wouldn't be spending as much ahead of TG Cid, and my mythril stock will probably be much lower then.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Isn't it dependent on mind? I had Tyro equipped for mind in that fight and once I hit one with sleep he stayed that way for a good long while.

Every 50 MND gets you an extra second of Sleep time on battle speed 3. Enough that gearing significantly for MND will make a difference, but not enough for RMs like Desert Bloom to have a drastic effect.

Sleep's base duration is already 30s.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Took my magical A-Team for the mote dungeon, and yeah, ain't gonna take the FF2 crew to this fight. It was easy enough with access to Phantasm and dances, but the FF2 cast is so ill-suited for this fight.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Never don't pull half-price. Now I don't need to worry about the Larsa banners.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I like how Thancred overwrites Vaan's(?) fuckin' BURST SOUL BREAK.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

widespread posted:

I like how Thancred overwrites Vaan's(?) fuckin' BURST SOUL BREAK.

Lucky draws are done with earlier realms shown first. Notice how it goes X > XII > XIV.

Attestant posted:

Took my magical A-Team for the mote dungeon, and yeah, ain't gonna take the FF2 crew to this fight. It was easy enough with access to Phantasm and dances, but the FF2 cast is so ill-suited for this fight.

It could be worse. Tactics would actually do pretty badly in this fight without relics if Ramza didn't have Phantasm/Lullaby - he's the source of Sleep for that realm. And if he's on Sleep duty he's not Breaking, so you'd have to have Mustadio do it.

III also has it pretty bad. Your only Summoner is also your healer, you have one source of Sleep (Desch) unless you Dive Refia, and you have no Full Break and only one Breakdown user (Ingus), so to meet the conditions Luneth and Refia have to bring the 3* Breaks as well.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 27, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Lucky draws are done with earlier realms shown first. Notice how it goes X > XII > XIV.
?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I hope all you jerks pulling Vaan's BSB are happy with yourselves! :mad:

Also, preliminary information on the WoFF banner has been dug up. Looks like a single banner with:

Laan OSB - 1xST Overflow physical dmg, Instant Death 100%, multiplier increases if Reynn is in party.
Lann BSB - 6xAoE Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, EnFire, Burst Mode
Reynn BSB - 6xAoE Ice/Non-ele summon magic dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode
Lann SSB - 0CT 8xST random physical dmg, multiplier increases inversely from remaining HP %, Stun 100%
Reynn SSB - 8xST Thunder/Non-ele summon magic dmg, party Haste

Plus another BSB, two SSBs, and a SB, for Yuna, Faris, Lightning, and Sarah, who are given out in the event. Not sure which relics, though. The burst commands for the new relics aren't known, but the icons look like standard single target/multi-target fire and ice abilities, respectively.

Honestly it doesn't look like an amazing banner so far (relative to what Japan's getting on the regular), but guess we'll see what the other relics are and what the burst commands actually do.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Schwartzcough posted:

I hope all you jerks pulling Vaan's BSB are happy with yourselves! :mad:

Also, preliminary information on the WoFF banner has been dug up. Looks like a single banner with:

Laan OSB - 1xST Overflow physical dmg, Instant Death 100%, multiplier increases if Reynn is in party.
Lann BSB - 6xAoE Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, EnFire, Burst Mode
Reynn BSB - 6xAoE Ice/Non-ele summon magic dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode
Lann SSB - 0CT 8xST random physical dmg, multiplier increases inversely from remaining HP %, Stun 100%
Reynn SSB - 8xST Thunder/Non-ele summon magic dmg, party Haste

Plus another BSB, two SSBs, and a SB, for Yuna, Faris, Lightning, and Sarah, who are given out in the event. Not sure which relics, though. The burst commands for the new relics aren't known, but the icons look like standard single target/multi-target fire and ice abilities, respectively.

Honestly it doesn't look like an amazing banner so far (relative to what Japan's getting on the regular), but guess we'll see what the other relics are and what the burst commands actually do.

I wonder if the banner is kinda low power, because the event might be released here at the same time? Like actively trying to keep the global power curve where it should be.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I wonder if the banner is kinda low power, because the event might be released here at the same time? Like actively trying to keep the global power curve where it should be.

Well, it's even low-power for what we'd get here. Compare Larsa 1 dropping tomorrow and OK a few events from now. This banner looks more on tier of what we'd get a few months back, like around when we got the original Rinoa BSB banners.

I wonder if it'll be America's inaugural "first 11-pull free" banner. As far as I know, JP's only had those for collabs and the Ultros banner, so... maybe?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

Well, it's even low-power for what we'd get here. Compare Larsa 1 dropping tomorrow and OK a few events from now. This banner looks more on tier of what we'd get a few months back, like around when we got the original Rinoa BSB banners.

I wonder if it'll be America's inaugural "first 11-pull free" banner. As far as I know, JP's only had those for collabs and the Ultros banner, so... maybe?

To be fair, we weren't getting 1x OSB, 2x BSB banners a few months back. Heck, we've only had one global OSB so far.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
We just don't have enough information yet. A lot of the value of banners can come from details like what elements the equipment boosts, ability potency, or the burst ability effects, if any. I mean, an EnIce magic BSB could easily be top tier if it has some sort of self-mag boosting or high potency abilities like Ashe's BSB. But yeah, at the very least it's got an OSB and 3 BSBs, which is way better than what we typically get in global. I'm as excited about Larsa 1 as the next guy, but it's got 2 BSBs and the rest is SSB and normal SBs. That's a not-insignificant difference.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 27, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Honestly I'm tempted to pull even if it's weak just because I fuckin love the WoFF cast :kimchi:

Looks like they're doing them with Lann as a fighter and Reyn as a summoner...which would make Lann yet another monk, since he uses fist weapons (oh dear), while Reyn would be a dagger-using mage?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I wish I had a device that actually has WoFF on it. Looks neat. But I'm kinda on PC and Nintendo these days. I guess I'll have to hope for a PC port.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Honestly I'm tempted to pull even if it's weak just because I fuckin love the WoFF cast :kimchi:

Looks like they're doing them with Lann as a fighter and Reyn as a summoner...which would make Lann yet another monk, since he uses fist weapons (oh dear), while Reyn would be a dagger-using mage?

Right now Lann is getting a 6* Fist, and both are getting 5* Thrown weapons.

fake edit:

Lann's Stacked Ifchi [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Reynn's Stacked Bablizz [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Ice/NE summon magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, ?% max HP heal to self

Other items on the banner are Sarah (FF1)'s Magic Blink + Cura Medica BSB [C1; Instant Curaga + Heavy Regen, C2: AoE heal], Yuna's HP Stock SSB, Lightning's EnLightning SSB and Faris's Yoichi Bow SB.

The Dark Bargain and self heal on the bursts aren't bad. Nothing too amazing, and it seems like Lann and Reynn are bringing in a new realm with them. Pretty sure other event relics with special synergy mentioned what realm they would switch to in the description.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 27, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

:getin:

My horrible luck with the VII banner has been righted with getting Guy's Imperil Earth and then this. All aboard Maria's Wild Ride, Choo Choo!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Yeah, I noticed that; the realm icon for their items, rather than a roman numeral, just says "gaiden." Which makes me wonder if DeNA is intending to bring in other collabs and stick them in that realm.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

pichupal posted:

Right now Lann is getting a 6* Fist, and both are getting 5* Thrown weapons.

fake edit:

Lann's Stacked Ifchi [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Reynn's Stacked Bablizz [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Ice/NE summon magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, ?% max HP heal to self

Other items on the banner are Sarah (FF1)'s Magic Blink + Cura Medica BSB [C1; Instant Curaga + Heavy Regen, C2: AoE heal], Yuna's HP Stock SSB, Lightning's EnLightning SSB and Faris's Yoichi Bow SB.

The Dark Bargain and self heal on the bursts aren't bad. Nothing too amazing, and it seems like Lann and Reynn are bringing in a new realm with them. Pretty sure other event relics with special synergy mentioned what realm they would switch to in the description.

Seem perfectly servicable, though not a must-pull.

I'd be happy with either though. But It'd be happy with any BSB at this stage. Give me Tiny Bee DeNA, anything will do. :negative:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

:getin:

My horrible luck with the VII banner has been righted with getting Guy's Imperil Earth and then this. All aboard Maria's Wild Ride, Choo Choo!

Good combo, especially given monks are pretty good in a mage team with meteor crush self buff and a +30% boostfaithga. If you've got some +earth equipment, you've got yourself the core of a very tidy little earth team.

E: also consider you have chain/stonega and Gaia cross coming up soon!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grozz Nuy posted:

So I looked through future banners again and I'm now considering changing my plan from skipping the Noel banners and pulling on Lightning OSB 1 to fix my XIII synergy to making the one pull on Noel 2 I was intending to make before the DU25 lucky draw and then skipping the Lightning OSB banners in favor of Fang OSB 1. I'll be slightly reducing my chances of getting dupes that way (Lightning OSB 1 has two relics I already have, while Noel 2 only has one), plus it maximizes my chances of getting physical weapons, which is what I really need. Lightning OSB 1 has more relics for physical characters, but several of them are on armor.

Changing my budget like this would mean I'm spending slightly more in advance of OK, but I also wouldn't be spending as much ahead of TG Cid, and my mythril stock will probably be much lower then.

I'll probably pull on lightning OSB 2. Cause I have Ninurta already so gives me a chance at his OSB to complement that, and I've heard that Raines' BSB is one of the best in the game.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
WoFF Login Bonuses starting tomorrow:

1st Daily Login Bonus: 3 Greater Growth Eggs
2nd Daily Login Bonus: 10 Giant Scarletite
3rd Daily Login Bonus: Tama’s Ribbon (Beyond) (4★ accessory) (HP +150 and moderate Instant KO resistance, Beyond RS)
4th Daily Login Bonus: 3 Major Power Orbs
5th Daily Login Bonus: 100,000 Gil
6th Daily Login Bonus: 5 Greater Growth Eggs
7th Daily Login Bonus: 3 Major Black Orbs
8th Daily Login Bonus: 100,000 Gil
9th Daily Login Bonus: 10 Giant Adamantite
10th Daily Login Bonus: 1 Dark Matter (5★)

No Mythril is sad, but I can always use more MBO. Nothing about any event as of yet. Also Beyond is the Global term for the new synergy realm.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 27, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kawalimus posted:

I'll probably pull on lightning OSB 2. Cause I have Ninurta already so gives me a chance at his OSB to complement that, and I've heard that Raines' BSB is one of the best in the game.

I'm trying to stack my chances of getting weapons, plus I can't stand Hope. Gacha luck made me use Squall in my A-team for months despite never pulling on a dedicated VIII banner, I'd rather not repeat it for another character I hate.

KnoxZone posted:

WoFF Login Bonuses starting tomorrow:

1st Daily Login Bonus: 3 Greater Growth Eggs
2nd Daily Login Bonus: 10 Giant Scarletite
3rd Daily Login Bonus: Tama’s Ribbon (Beyond) (4★ accessory) (HP +150 and moderate Instant KO resistance, Beyond RS)
4th Daily Login Bonus: 3 Major Power Orbs
5th Daily Login Bonus: 100,000 Gil
6th Daily Login Bonus: 5 Greater Growth Eggs
7th Daily Login Bonus: 3 Major Black Orbs
8th Daily Login Bonus: 100,000 Gil
9th Daily Login Bonus: 10 Giant Adamantite
10th Daily Login Bonus: 1 Dark Matter (5★)

No Mythril is sad, but I can always use more MBO. Nothing about any event as of yet. Also Beyond is the Global term for the new synergy realm.

Well we are getting the 25 mythril dump on Halloween, and six from the minigame launching tonight if we break every milestone. Free dark matter and more Instant KO resist accessories are cool too.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm trying to stack my chances of getting weapons, plus I can't stand Hope. Gacha luck made me use Squall in my A-team for months despite never pulling on a dedicated VIII banner, I'd rather not repeat it for another character I hate.

Well we are getting the 25 mythril dump on Halloween, and six from the minigame launching tonight if we break every milestone. Free dark matter and more Instant KO resist accessories are cool too.

Also 10/28 has 5 free mythril coming, IIRC.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

and more Instant KO resist accessories are cool too.

We already swimming in them, while other statuses like confuse/sleep (gently caress you Lamia, are still open design space.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Is there an Android emulator that the thread would recommend? I've been fighting/resetting the Kaiser Dragon for several hours but still haven't managed to get the mastery conditions to line up (at least not without making a stupid mistake). Thankfully I did get the kill earlier, at least, so if I want to make Meltdown (likely) then I'm all set.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Caved and did the lucky draw - Thancred's daggers. Don't be like me and cave to all the good pulls in the thread.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

djfooboo posted:

We already swimming in them, while other statuses like confuse/sleep (gently caress you Lamia, are still open design space.

holy poo poo I didn't realize the hit rate for statuses tank that hard when you've got moderate resistance.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Quick question to JP players.

I've only missed like 2 CM's, and 4 ult/ult+/ult++ total. How many events/dungeons have reappeared in Revenge so far? Thankfully one of the ones I missed was Bahamut Sin and I know that got a Revenge.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

bilperkins2 posted:

Caved and did the lucky draw - Thancred's daggers. Don't be like me and cave to all the good pulls in the thread.

At least it wasn't one of the 50 draws. Always pull on lucky 25s still feels like a good rule. I mean you got a 5* for half of what you would normally pay for a 5*, so it's not entirely terrible.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

U-DO Burger posted:

holy poo poo I didn't realize the hit rate for statuses tank that hard when you've got moderate resistance.

i thought all of the big boss hit% was like 303% or something

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Come to think, if I want to make the Kaiser Dragon fight more consistent should I go with Tyro (who doesn't have a medica but does have SG) or instead use Ovelia with Princess's Prayer? I should note that I also have Exdeath's Grand Cross around to absorb most of the single-target damage early on.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i thought all of the big boss hit% was like 303% or something

yeah but that's still only ~40% after moderate resistance

going from your whole team getting bopped for 3k HP to only two of them is pretty good

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

bilperkins2 posted:

Always Be Pulling :shrug: I mean, this is a banner with a discounted shot at Orichalcum Dirk, you almost have to try on that basis alone. I'm 2/2 on pulling the not-Orichalcum Dirk BSB item on Lucky Banners that have it (got Razzmatazz off Celerity last time around) though so I may not be the best judge of value. Come to think of it, both times I got a SB fist weapon, a XII SSB and the non-Orichalcum Dirk BSB. Go figure. I don't pull on all the Lucky banners but this is one of the banners with some of the better high-end prizes.

djfooboo posted:

We already swimming in them,

Define "we". This one's going to be my 5th KO resist item so it's definitely welcome. Confuse resistance I'm fine having on just the White Mage so she can whack other Confused characters but gravity/instant KO attacks are either often AOE or you really don't want one to land. Not everyone is day 1.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've been having a helluva good time with Maria's BSB I acquired. She was nuking Red Soul + Ogres for 7k x6 from the Break command and pretty much the same on the Ult+ fight. On the Ult++ I just had her spam Sunfire for 9999 x2 AoE.

I was aiming for Minwu's BSB because he's a favorite but hot diggity drat I'm glad I got this instead to be honest, the damage output is silly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well that will give you 100% chance of getting the OSB, so might as well take it! :D

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

After a bit more finagling (which mostly involved getting a better sense for timing), I managed to master the Kaiser Dragon fight without needing to swap my build around or use an emulator. I still had one KO at the end (Papalymo), but at least I was able to hold on just long enough with two healers to allow the party to dump out their last few hones.

At this point I just have the Tonberries and Mote Ifrit remaining in terms of superbosses. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Haha I broke down and pulled on the lucky banner. I received my fourth and fifth yoichi bow. I got three in a single pull a few months ago

• Locked thread