Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Oh also I was watching through enterprise and my friend told me I was a moron and I shouldn't be wasting my time with that if 8 hadn't seen BSG.

She was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

...are you saying the Rams have a gay player on their roster?

Sorry I worded that badly, I have a friend (girl) thats dating a rams player and I'm going to send it to him (rams player)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Enterprise was so disappointing. They had this huge opportunity to fill in the Federation backstory and instead they go off on this retarded temporal wars tangent.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Farscape is Guardians of the Galaxy the TV Show.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sorry I worded that badly, I have a friend (girl)

Ok, now I don't believe you.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

So we are talking about bad shows now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Athanatos posted:

Thanks for making sure I don't watch Farscape. The movie was entertaining but I couldn't take a whole series of it.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Athanatos posted:

I kinda really wanna watch Farscape now.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Enterprise was so disappointing. They had this huge opportunity to fill in the Federation backstory and instead they go off on this retarded temporal wars tangent.

Yeah, but season 4 kind of started doing that and that's when it was actually kinda good, except for the worst series finale ever.

Voyager really isn't terrible (Some of it is) it's just such a let down because they had the best idea and set up for a great series but they played it safe and tried to make it TNG 2. If a series ever called for serialization it was that one. Which is why BSG was an apology for it and owned, at least for a few years. After they escape new caprica the show slowly slides into a terrible ending.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Aw man, now I'm triggered and have such strong feelings about someone's internet opinions.

Actually, that's an almost interesting question, would you rather listen to a nerd lecture you on why your Star Trek opinions are bad and wrong, or about their fantasy football lineup? Asking for a friend

I'm not really sure what's so debatable about that opinion lineup, seems to fall within most Trek fans, what dumbass opinion do you have

Nov 6, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, but season 4 kind of started doing that and that's when it was actually kinda good, except for the worst series finale ever.

I, like most of America, had stopped watching by then.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

Voyager really isn't terrible (Some of it is) it's just such a let down because they had the best idea and set up for a great series but they played it safe and tried to make it TNG 2. If a series ever called for serialization it was that one. Which is why BSG was an apology for it and owned, at least for a few years. After they escape new caprica the show slowly slides into a terrible ending.

I'm not really sure what's so debatable about that opinion lineup, seems to fall within most Trek fans, what dumbass opinion do you have

Nothing that far outside it tbh, I'm a big defender of Enterprise, but I'd absolutely agree that half was terrible, and worse yet it wasn't like "seasons 1 and 2 are bad, 3 and 4 are good", it's that 50% of every single episode was decent, while the other was festering poo poo. And I detest Voyager for a whole lot of reasons, but I was mostly poking fun at myself for wanting to get all hot and bothered over silly nerd stuff on the internet.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My only comment about Voyager is that it was UPN's first legitimate hit

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Ok, now I don't believe you.

Hey I didn't say she was a girlfriend. It's super easy to be friendzoned by a girl, or didn't you know?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

Nothing that far outside it tbh, I'm a big defender of Enterprise, but I'd absolutely agree that half was terrible, and worse yet it wasn't like "seasons 1 and 2 are bad, 3 and 4 are good", it's that 50% of every single episode was decent, while the other was festering poo poo. And I detest Voyager for a whole lot of reasons, but I was mostly poking fun at myself for wanting to get all hot and bothered over silly nerd stuff on the internet.

The first 2 season of Enterprise are pretty much terrible boring garbage with stupid characters and some good ideas ruined by poor writing and poor exploration of the idea. Hey look, Archer got captured again! It was just more "enterprise encounters semi-interesting problem, here are the characters being dumb and a dumb solution"

season 3's xindi thing was good, mostly because it felt like it gave the show something to do and sometimes it was actually good TV

Season 4 is legitimately solid outside the final episode. I enjoyed season 4 better than any season of Voyager.

Nov 6, 2002

Archer was the work Trek captain ever by a large margin.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
There is an episode where Archer steals another alien ships warp engines or something stranding them away from their home planet for years. I assumed it was going to be awesome pirate Enterprise show from that point...but nothing really gets past that 1 dick move.

Nov 6, 2002

The writers couldn't seem to make up their minds if they wanted Archer to be a dick or incompetent. So they half-assed it and made him a little of both.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I like Bakula well enough, but a varsity water polo coach is a terrible choice for humanity's first ambassador to the stars. I did love a lot of the background stuff, the Vulcan social civil war and Andorian tensions were both fun, and the Enterprise being held together with baling wire and duct tape while stuck in hostile territory for a season was a continual plot line that actually worked. Half the crew was almost entirely useless, but Trip, T'Pol, and Phlox all had some decent stuff. It was a whole lot of wasted potential, but I wound up with a relatively high opinion of it, mostly because I listened to people bash it for years before ever watching, so my low standards were easily met.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Speaking of Bakula, it hit me that the Pete Carroll gif from last Sunday reminded me of the Quantum Leap episode where he was the kid with Down's.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The writers couldn't seem to make up their minds if they wanted Archer to be a dick or incompetent. So they half-assed it and made him a little of both.

I dunno, I love how far he could be pushed to do barbaric things in the right circumstances. Like, can you imagine Picard torturing someone in an airlock by slowly decompressing it? I don't think so.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

a comic where Jeff Fisher exceeds win 10 and devolves into a salamander

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I dunno, I love how far he could be pushed to do barbaric things in the right circumstances. Like, can you imagine Picard torturing someone in an airlock by slowly decompressing it? I don't think so.

Archer was definitely a better character when they made him a dick than when he wasn't, because he was only competent when he was a dick

Spoeank posted:

hahahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Which Star Trek was Terms of Service?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

farscape

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Thanks for making sure I don't watch Farscape. The movie was entertaining but I couldn't take a whole series of it.

no you should watch it

just never watch lexx

dear god dont ever watch lexx

Nov 6, 2002

Like, can you imagine Picard torturing someone in an airlock by slowly decompressing it? I don't think so.

Yes I can, but then I've written hundreds of pages of Picard BDSM fanfic.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sour Diesel posted:

no you should watch it

just never watch lexx

dear god dont ever watch lexx

Lexx had titties

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yes I can, but then I've written hundreds of pages of Picard BDSM fanfic.

incidentally, @rikergoogling is a pro follow

Nov 6, 2002

incidentally, @rikergoogling is a pro follow

https://twitter.com/RikerGoogling/status/790729370520268800

Wanna see this.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/WorfEmail/status/791032341292470272

https://twitter.com/WorfEmail/status/789606940762517506

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

oh poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
nerd confession

I really like the original Star Trek movie and think its better than Wrath of Khan

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
A comic where Jim Caldwell is revealed to be a Vulcan or something I don't know.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

nerd confession

I really like the original Star Trek movie and think its better than Wrath of Khan

you would like a slow, boring piece of crap and think that makes it artistic and interesting

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Star Trek tmp is really good actually. It's the most "Star Treky" Star Trek movie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Star Trek tmp is really good actually. It's the most "Star Treky" Star Trek movie.

no, interesting things happen in star trek sometimes

the most star treky star trek is IV

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the new star trek movies, the old ones are garbage

fite me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

First contact is the most entertaining of all the trek movies don't @ me

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Weird way to spell Undiscovered Country.

The most Star Trek-y one is probably Insurrection for having less stakes than most TNG two-parters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Star Trek TMP is a solid 40 minute episode of the original series stretched out to movie length with nothing to fill the space except really slow effect shots that drag on forever.

Into Darkness is the worst Trek movie, like the Browns
Nemesis is the worst film overall, like the 2008 Lions

Actually lets see

Wrath of Khan - great movie that everyone keeps trying to copy with no success - The Patriots
Search for Spock - flawed but solid film with a big self explosion at the end - The Vikings?
Voyage Home - Fun whale movie that's just enjoyable to watch - Panthers, at least the 2015 version
Final Frontier - a good idea that fails in spectacular fashion - Chip Kelly Eagles
Undiscovered Country - Two big forces meet and make a great end - Peyton joining the Broncos
Generations - Garbage - Jaguars
First Contact - pretty good even though everyone is starting to look old - Cardinals
Insurrection - a meh TNG episode as a movie instead - ?

Star Trek 09 - Fun action reboot - Falcons?
Beyond - better than expected! - 2016 Cowboys

• Locked thread