Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

wet your whistlers mother posted:

Also here is a youtube vid of the Protagonist spotlight, spoilers you get to hear one line from the protagonist in this clip when he tears off the shadow face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrgWu7XzQw

I like his one line.

Not sure about Ryuji though (he's the other male voice in the trailer right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's the Principal talking over the start, then Morgana, and Mobus' line when he rips off the Shadow's face, and then Ryuji yeah.

I don't mind how Mobus sounds and tbh, you can't judge the quality of this stuff too much from sporadic trailers like this anyways because it's so separate from how it's actually gonna sound in game. However, that Ryuji line is bad.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I have an important question for the people who have played P5 already.

Did you ever get sick of the screen splash after doing all out attacks?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

littleorv posted:

No. If anything I kind of prefer it, it's slightly faster than the non-splash screen.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No. If anything I kind of prefer it, it's slightly faster than the non-splash screen.

Good because it looks sick as gently caress

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

littleorv posted:

each of the splashes are so beautiful and amazing looking I could never get tired of them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

It's faster than the actual victory animation and it looks loving sick so hell no

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So if DC Douglas is actually in the game he's gotta be playing Shido, right? I could totally buy his voice for that character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have no idea at this point. We've been told his voice is a teacher's so he could be Kamoshida, but he could also just be voicing an incidental teacher and then voicing the character you named which I'd vastly prefer, but that's just because I have no idea who they are realistically gonna get for him if Douglas actually is voicing Kamoshida.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does anyone else think P:IS has weird pacing problems or is it just me?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The last dungeon of Apocalypse is giving me DDS2 flashbacks, but without the amazing music.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Is this the place to post about Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? :v:

I finally got around to ordering a copy of it, so I should be able to start this weekend. I've heard pretty good things about it from people whose entertainment opinions I generally trust. I'm looking forward to the gimmick where the party characters are constantly sending each other text messages on the Wii U touchscreen.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

#FE is A Good Game, there is a dedicated thread for it if you want to post there about it, but it's pretty dead. People usually reply though if you post in it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780941

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm looking forward to the gimmick where the party characters are constantly sending each other text messages on the Wii U touchscreen.
This can quickly lose its charm.

OK TIKI I GET IT, I CAN CREATE NEW CARNAGES NOW

I still have to finish it actually.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm actually alright with the Ryuji line because he actually sounds like a teenager, and the Persona games actually sticking fairly close to teenage mentality and tone has always been a plus for me (my bus passes by a high school so anytime games pull the "actually 5-10 years older than their stated age" thing it sticks out like a sore thumb to me)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ben Diskin would have sounded like a teenager and also been a much better fit

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They stood so close to the teenager mentality that Kanji, Naoto, and Chie all sounded like grown rear end adults in P4 and Shinjiro is the most grown man sounding character of anyone in any Persona game who is not actually an adult

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay, so I actually wrote a lot more about P5 spoilers than I was expecting, so I guess I'm segmenting these and doing them progressively. It honestly shouldn't take more than three to cover this game or even just one more really, but I am tired and it took me a while to just write this much about stuff up until the first dungeon so have this.

I really do not know how I ended up writing this much about this because I was planning to be very simple about this and then suddenly had a 20kb text file.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 24, 2016

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Do you need a matched Persona to complete Shinjiro's social link in P3P?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, and what options you pick don't matter either (but we'll shame you if you don't pick the right ones)

Arist fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 27, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
They have dropped the E from Anne for the English version
https://youtu.be/NF9FVxumXLk
https://youtu.be/YEpZcy9Ku3s

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm fine with this voice. The more subdued lines sound a little more generic but the rest is good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

They have dropped the E from Anne for the English version
https://youtu.be/NF9FVxumXLk
https://youtu.be/YEpZcy9Ku3s

loving censorship, don't they know that the E is vital to her character? I'm not playing this game now, FATLUS.

It is a weird change in that Anne is written in English in several spots in the game. I wonder what the reasoning behind the change was.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wasn't there an Anne in Persona 2? Only reason I can think of.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Wasn't there an Anne in Persona 2? Only reason I can think of.

There was an Anna but not an Anne.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder what the reasoning behind the change was.

Ann looks nicer than Anne.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They didn't want to infringe on Anne from Management.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
You can take my Vagina bones, but don't you DARE take my E

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dragonatrix posted:

Ann looks nicer than Anne.

Anne of Green Gables disagree. Imo I think Anne looks cuter but it's not like it matters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think Anne is how most Japanese people named 杏 spell it (read: Watanabe Anne) but eh. I'm usually against name changes but this is so minuscule that I don't really care, even if iunno why they did it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ann looks uneven. preorder canceled

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
should have changed her name to Yukanne

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly like Anne over Ann but that's mainly because that's normally how you see that name spelled I think

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

I think Anne is how most Japanese people named 杏 spell it (read: Watanabe Anne) but eh. I'm usually against name changes but this is so minuscule that I don't really care, even if iunno why they did it.

Hey Endorph do you know why they changed Tales of Xillia's "Elise" to "Elize" and "Rowan" to "Rowen"? Because those are also tiny changes that I don't really understand myself.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk why they decided to do it, but it's not gonna really matter I guess. Her voice sounds okay, btw.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Hey Endorph do you know why they changed Tales of Xillia's "Elise" to "Elize" and "Rowan" to "Rowen"? Because those are also tiny changes that I don't really understand myself.
In Elize's case I can see why they'd go with the weirder spelling, since she's kind of separated from everything else around her in a backstory sense. And they do pronounce it more like Elize than Elise. Still a pretty random change but I can at least get the thought behind it.

As for Rowen, that's how his name was romanized in official stuff already. Some of the western fanbase was calling him Rowan in the gap between the game's JP and US releases, but the official line was always Rowen.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think her lines from that trailer all sound pretty good, better than the bits of Ryuji's English VA we've gotten so far at least. Weird that they released her trailers second and not the ones for Morgana or Ryuji.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think her lines from that trailer all sound pretty good, better than the bits of Ryuji's English VA we've gotten so far at least. Weird that they released her trailers second and not the ones for Morgana or Ryuji.

Maybe stagger it by male/female/male, etc.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Elise was probably the name they went with because it's the more common spelling and they might have gone with Rowen because it's a more natural pronunciation than Rowan, imo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

something something waifus something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

something something waifus something

If that were the case it would've been futaba second :v: