Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Campaign mood for the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

prefect posted:

Apparently, jerks on the Internet threw a poo poo fit because Mockingbird was wearing a T-shirt that said "ask me about my feminist agenda".

The book has now been cancelled (no idea on the cause/effect, but I seriously doubt the jerks are the cause), and the writer is talking about how lovely comics fans on Twitter are. :(

ugh

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
in the h2h clinton is actually tied in GA, not just in the MOE

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/791716945758392320

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'll say this again: Quinnipiac is Trump's best of the major pollsters other than maybe CNN, but I'd put Quinnipiac more R friendly.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

we should call them "the presidents clinton" to piss off the right imo

close second to "first lord" for basically the same reason

though really if we just called him "old bill" that'd make me personally happy

slick willy > old bill

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

* media pundits sadly delete all the "race is tightening" articles they'd been working on *

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a tie in georgia in a quinnipiac poll is a hell of a thing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

13 in va

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

euphronius posted:

Who the gently caress is Scott aukermann

Hot saucerman

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I've been a comic book fan for ages, and it's really loving shameful the way some people act. I'm unironically angry about it. Why do people who like the thing I like have to be such assholes?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LinYutang posted:

mercy sakes alive

*fans self while sipping a mint julep*

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN COMICS

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
consider that clinton has basically abandoned Iowa and she's still tied there :boom:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

bump_fn posted:

Hot saucerman

hot soccer mom

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i hope they set out a rocking chair on the white house lawn for ol bill. a moonshine jug he can blow into to make music sits nearby

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Sinteres posted:

Parody is great. The problem is that the idiotic Trump "parody" accounts are most commonly seen because people get tricked into retweeting them as if they're the real thing, and they have deliberately misleading usernames to further that goal. It's the same as all those terrible onion imitators that get passed around like they're real articles that nobody laughs at; the whole point is to troll people into believing it.

South Park just did it last week:

quote:

Cut to an Airport Hilton displaying on its sign, “Welcome PTS Insurance Group and Rape Victims Anonymous” which we soon learn is where the troll group is having their meeting (they’re pretending to be the rape victims group. How ironic). Gerald explains to his fellow trolls that trolling isn’t so much about the person you initially make fun of but the people who come to their defense. He claims that those people get “So self righteous that another group of people will find them totally annoying”.  The trolls plan to use this domino effect to troll all of Denmark.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

prefect posted:

I've been a comic book fan for ages, and it's really loving shameful the way some people act. I'm unironically angry about it. Why do people who like the thing I like have to be such assholes?

it is that way for all things, friend, just some nerdy things tend to have a bigger online community around them

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i hope they set out a rocking chair on the white house lawn for ol bill. a moonshine jug he can blow into to make music sits nearby

This is the best idea I've heard in a long time.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Make it rain abuela, finish the fucker. :getin:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like what's the one state that borders florida where you have a chance

c'mon spend there

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

* media pundits sadly delete all the "race is tightening" articles they'd been working on *

but the race is tightening

in texas :getin:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

quote:

Lightning Strikes Again

:tinfoil:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

My brother loves comics and I want to try & talk about them with him but when he starts explaining the drama and what people are getting upset about I'm :yikes:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
c'mon Georgia don't be poo poo, just for once, for me

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

prefect posted:

Comic book fans are garbage manchildren, superheroes appeal to conservatives who think punching is the solution for everything

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

DaveWoo posted:

lmao like they aren't going to print them anyways

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

LinYutang posted:

consider that clinton has basically abandoned Iowa and she's still tied there :boom:

She's going to be holding a rally there tomorrow.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

LinYutang posted:

:fork:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

prefect posted:

Apparently, jerks on the Internet threw a poo poo fit because Mockingbird was wearing a T-shirt that said "ask me about my feminist agenda".

The book has now been cancelled (no idea on the cause/effect, but I seriously doubt the jerks are the cause), and the writer is talking about how lovely comics fans on Twitter are. :(
Comics are actually kinda like TV shows in that that are generally renewed in 6-12 issue chunks and are just called cancelled when they aren't renewed. #8 was already gonna be the last issue long before this debacle, making it even more mystifying that assholes made this into a crusade against skeletons.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i have stories about old crow

Don't we all. I fondly remember chasing Old Crow with beer, then waking up on the floor of my apartment naked with a half-eaten burrito in one hand.

Also Mockingbird was cool and good and I hope Cain stays in comics because we need writers like her :ohdear:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, Michelle is speaking today :getin:

DaveWoo posted:

Schnorkles posted:

CNN stares at "horserace narrative" longingly before setting it on fire and piledriving Jeffrey Lord again

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hannity says he's writing some huge ground breaking manifesto that he will drop after the election.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Montasque posted:

Hannity says he's writing some huge ground breaking manifesto that he will drop after the election.

if it actually broke ground he would drop it beforehand

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/791717891087429632

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

LinYutang posted:

a tie in georgia, what a world

It's definitely a bowtie

fuckin fratbros

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Nietzschean posted:

slick willy > old bill

yeah i know :shobon: i'd be plenty happy with 4-8 years of slick willy clintz bugging tim kaine to go smoke behind the dumpster

also ready for 4-8 yeras of That Pure Kaine Sugar

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Montasque posted:

Wouldn't want to release something that powerful before the election, when it might change minds.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

mango sentinel posted:

Comics are actually kinda like TV shows in that that are generally renewed in 6-12 issue chunks and are just called cancelled when they aren't renewed. #8 was already gonna be the last issue long before this debacle, making it even more mystifying that assholes made this into a crusade against skeletons.

It's not mystifying at all, these clowns have nothing better to do than rant about "sjws" on twitter. MRAs are loving trash garbage

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

only thing that matters now is house and senate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakkro
May 29, 2015

prefect posted:

Because it's mostly been a boy's club since its inception, and there's losers who don't want diversity, because, uh, political correctness is destroying society.

• Locked thread