Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Malpais Legate posted:

Those aren't wavy magic lines, they're her hands shaking because she just got exsanguinated by a batshit insane magic grandma demiurge.

Not everything is magic guys.

But she doesn't do it on other pages. I too took it for a shimmering of minor power, same as the glowing of the key, and a snip of the shears of want. In the update draft you don't see the shaking as she continues to cut, using the scissors normally. I think the main point Abbadon is making is that the sanctioned act doesn't require magical scissors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
We can talk scissors later, because update's up.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Are carrots magical items????

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bilirubin posted:

But she doesn't do it on other pages. I too took it for a shimmering of minor power, same as the glowing of the key, and a snip of the shears of want. In the update draft you don't see the shaking as she continues to cut, using the scissors normally. I think the main point Abbadon is making is that the sanctioned act doesn't require magical scissors.

The update still has her shaking, so there goes that idea.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Clearly Allison used the power of true Royalty to conjure a mirror out of nothing.

I mean it can't be that she's still unsteady due to her arms being aerated. That would just be silly.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Who What Now posted:

The update still has her shaking, so there goes that idea.

Yeah welp

e. I will say it makes the alt text for the last page a little curious, since I don't necessarily think of opening and closing scissors as a "hardcore way of cutting hair". vOv

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 26, 2016

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That's one angry blue monkey and White Chain's CV for kung fu slaughter is pretty solid.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Yeah welp

e. I will say it makes the alt text for the last page a little curious, since I don't necessarily think of opening and closing scissors as a "hardcore way of cutting hair". vOv

"While threatening to throw a kung fu angel, two devils and your doctor off your airship if they don't listen to you," I think.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bilirubin posted:

Yeah welp

She was being super dramatic about it.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I feel like if this were an anime, Allison would be able to temporary release Vladok from her baby devil form. So in combat or something, it would be like a limit break and Princess Mimiru would go all super saiyan.

What I'm saying is, I hope that doesn't happen in the comic. Hopefully the consequences are permanent, or if Vladok does get that name back, she/he peaces out. and leaves everyone else to die. Or learns about true friendship which honestly I would be fine with too.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Who What Now posted:

She was being super dramatic about it.
I was going to say it should be obvious that using a pair of probably-not-that-sharp scissors to cut your own hair off in great jagged chunks is not a normal way to get a haircut.

And then I remembered what forum I'm posting to, and that, no, that's probably not obvious to a lot of people here.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I was going to say it should be obvious that using a pair of probably-not-that-sharp scissors to cut your own hair off in great jagged chunks is not a normal way to get a haircut.

And then I remembered what forum I'm posting to, and that, no, that's probably not obvious to a lot of people here.
Also the fact that she's doing it with huge holes in her hands and arms :black101:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Princess Mamoru thinks this is Talk Like A Pirate day, apparently.

I'm okay with this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aw, Princess is like an angry little smurf devil.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
She looks like a pokymans.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Understandable motivation from Princess, though he basically did suicide as Vladok when he unbound himself. Probably was a surprise to still be sentient.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The idea of magical scissors is stupid, but the idea of them becoming an extremely minor artifact that gives you the power to do awesome haircuts that exist long after entropy takes care of Allison is pretty good.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Princess is reminding me heavily of Ebony Devil, from Stardust Crusaders.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also an animated attempt that I could never get looking quite right but gently caress it have it anyways:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

World Famous W posted:

Also an animated attempt that I could never get looking quite right but gently caress it have it anyways:

I think it's better with the inconsistent shake-rate.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Stabby carrot

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Drunk Theory posted:

Understandable motivation from Princess, though he basically did suicide as Vladok when he unbound himself. Probably was a surprise to still be sentient.

May or may not actually remember that part, is my guess.

Since, ya know, they went from drunken fury to devolving into formless chaos very quick.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bilirubin posted:

When you don't draw the "open" part of opening and closing it can be :v:

Edit: Wait, poo poo, I mean :geno:

inkblot fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 27, 2016

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The truth is in the middle. She cut her hair with regular scissors, but with magical speed so nobody saw the scissors move.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Just read this comic yesterday and it is loving awesome.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Just read this comic yesterday and it is loving awesome.

This is the only appropriate way to enter this thread.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Captain Oblivious posted:

May or may not actually remember that part, is my guess.

Since, ya know, they went from drunken fury to devolving into formless chaos very quick.

I was surprised Allison actually remembered the name at all, I was expecting a "what's your name?" moment. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I was surprised Allison actually remembered the name at all, I was expecting a "what's your name?" moment. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound!
Maybe there's some sort of contract element at play here

Because yeah she was quite drunk at the time

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe there's some sort of contract element at play here

Because yeah she was quite drunk at the time

Before taking tests, a Throne college student summons and binds a devil with names consisting of their entire textbook, separated by semicolons.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
piss, the link on wayback machine to read the original K6BD MSPA thread doesn't let you read past page 5

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

Before taking tests, a Throne college student summons and binds a devil with names consisting of their entire textbook, separated by semicolons.

Dean Flunk Six Billion Freshman: "VATRA HOOOOOUUUUSE! YOURE ON DOUBLE-SECRET PROBATION FOR THIS!"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

President Ark posted:

piss, the link on wayback machine to read the original K6BD MSPA thread doesn't let you read past page 5

gently caress Andrew Hussie for hating fun

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

well, i think it's some sort of weird interaction between whatever the MSPA forum software was and wayback machine - what is going on is you can read any one page that's directly linked on page 1, but anything past that doesn't work (and neither does the "go to page whatever" link)

so I can read page 1, then go to page 2, then if i try to go to page 3 it doesn't work, but if i go back to page 1 and then go to page 3 directly from there i can read it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bilirubin posted:

This may be the first and last time anyone has called the MSPA forums "fun".

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Princess is giving me a real strong Monkey King vibe here. I definitely won't mind if this comic becomes Journey to the West for a bit.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Princess is the party's rogue.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Princess is the party's rogueberserker.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Princess reminds me of Peridot from Steven Universe - someone who was bigger and more powerful before messing with the wrong opponent(s), who the ended up tiny.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Princess is the party's rogue a level-up bonus for Allison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Princess reminds me of Peridot from Steven Universe - someone who was bigger and more powerful before messing with the wrong opponent(s), who the ended up tiny.

i was going to say that peridot was always tiny, she was just wearing something that made her larger, but that applies equally well to princess/vladok because of the whole devil mask thing so V:v:V