Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i'm just glad his long toronto fc tenure is adequately represented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Your Boy Fancy posted:

B] get to the goddamned stadium fucker

I am at the screaming eagles tailgate if anyone wants to meet up

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I can't believe someone paid him to play until he was 35.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Remember when Conner Casey was one of the leagues most lethal strikers? look at how far our dumb gay league has come since that point.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
gently caress conor casey

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I can't believe someone paid him to play until he was 35.

I legit thought he was 55.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That loss is really gonna put a dent in DC United's chances of winning the cup this year

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Holy poo poo. Feel so good for Nelson Valdez. Boy was that one overdue.dude was practically in tears. What a moment!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo/status/792087413745065984

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Sigh now everyone will be convinced Valdez is great and needs to be retained over better players.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Jack2142 posted:

Sigh now everyone will be convinced Valdez is great and needs to be retained over better players.

There are no better players, he's the best one.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

Seriously, why would anyone be convinced of this? He scored one goal! Total!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Like Bedoya!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jack2142 posted:

Literally nobody who watched any other game involving him this year will think that.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

You guys should start him against Dallas :D

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

threeagainstfour posted:

We probably will because all of our attacking options keep dying and he has fresh legs :shepicide:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

We probably will because all of our attacking options keep dying and he has fresh legs :shepicide:

Thats not fair Morris handles his sugars really well...

shirts and skins posted:

Literally nobody who watched any other game involving him this year will think that.

I really need to just not ever look at Sounder at Heart... everyone over there loves him it seems

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
People love a guy who tries hard. MUFC fans and Forlan etc. I won't mind if we move him on in the post season, but I'm happy for him that he got a crucial goal in a meaningful moment.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Jack2142 posted:

Remember when Conner Casey was one of the leagues most lethal strikers? look at how far our dumb gay league has come since that point.

Casey and Cummings were a magical duo for that one season or so, godspeed you beautiful bald madman.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Jack2142 posted:

Uh, I mean he just got old, BWP ran wild on this loving league lets not go patting ourselves on the back just yet

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jack2142 posted:

I really need to just not ever look at Sounder at Heart... everyone over there loves him it seems

Definitely think that's more feeling bad for him than anything else. No way he's with the team at that salary next year.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

threeagainstfour posted:

Good advice, he did great.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

DR AIDS posted:

Good advice, he did great.

As I was watching the game I was like "drat, someone's gonna get me on that post" ha!

Teams that are hosed next week:

Dallas
Probably NYCFC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tonight's result now means that it is basically guaranteed that the Sounders will be hosting the Western Conference Finals on the 20th of Nov, at 5pm. The Seahawks are also playing at home that same day, at 1:30pm. There is no way they get the stadium emptied out and then refilled in time for kickoff at 5, so they either swap the home/away schedule, or they are going to have to push it to another day. Both would suck, so I'm curious what they choose.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
November 20th ffs.

I mean I love playoffs, but MLS playoffs are ridiculous.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Was Taters posted:

November 20th ffs.

I mean I love playoffs, but MLS playoffs are ridiculous.

Where is Minnesota going to be playing, anyway? That could be...fun.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

binge crotching posted:

Tonight's result now means that it is basically guaranteed that the Sounders will be hosting the Western Conference Finals on the 20th of Nov, at 5pm. The Seahawks are also playing at home that same day, at 1:30pm. There is no way they get the stadium emptied out and then refilled in time for kickoff at 5, so they either swap the home/away schedule, or they are going to have to push it to another day. Both would suck, so I'm curious what they choose.

The MLS schedule says Western final game 1 is on Sun Nov 20 and the Eastern final game 1 is on Tue Nov 22. Easiest solution is to swap the East-West game days.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Tank44 posted:

The MLS schedule says Western final game 1 is on Sun Nov 20 and the Eastern final game 1 is on Tue Nov 22. Easiest solution is to swap the East-West game days.

that would be an easy solution but toronto is going to be in the eastern conference final and that would conflict with the grey cup, sorry idiots

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
We're gonna beat Montreal 3-0 at home. I think the Rapids and maybe even Dallas could turn things around but NYCFC is a weak willed poo poo team and they should be kicked out of the playoffs already, The league too while were at it,

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tank44 posted:

Azerban posted:

that would be an easy solution but toronto is going to be in the eastern conference final and that would conflict with the grey cup, sorry idiots

Put 'em both on Tuesday then. Might even be enough time to get all the football lines off the field.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

whypick1 posted:

Put 'em both on Tuesday then. Might even be enough time to get all the football lines off the field.

MLS should take precedent really. We've outsold CFL all season and even the grey cup final is struggling to sell tickets, because no one in Toronto gives a poo poo about CFL.

Well. about 12,000 people do consistently but that's practically nobody.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Azerban posted:

Grey Cup is on Sunday Nov 27th... Only if Toronto played Montreal would that be an issue since TFC would then host the second leg. Having TFC play vs NYRB on Sunday 20th would actually be better for the Grey cup situation as it would give an extra 2 days to fix the lines issues.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Tank44 posted:

Grey Cup is on Sunday Nov 27th... Only if Toronto played Montreal would that be an issue since TFC would then host the second leg. Having TFC play vs NYRB on Sunday 20th would actually be better for the Grey cup situation as it would give an extra 2 days to fix the lines issues.

actually, it's better if seattle deals with their failure to plan themselves

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Year end award finalists. Let's all laugh at the fact that Lampard got the nod for Comeback POTY.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

whypick1 posted:

Year end award finalists. Let's all laugh at the fact that Lampard got the nod for Comeback POTY.

Villa better not get MVP because nyrb votes got split.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

I expect the voters will end up having given Rosenberry the Fair Play award as a makeup for not being able to resist voting Morris as ROTY.

ROTY actually doesn't have as a big a striker bias as you'd think - 8/20 winners have been defenders - but there's no goddamn way Morris isn't the winner this year regardless of whether he deserved it (he probably does).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New MLS survey sent out, this time about activism/MLS Works. I told them to make the soccer better.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
There's supposed to be a "big announcement"at the Sounders business meeting tomorrow. Who wants to bet it's dropping the "interim" from Schmetzer's title?

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Thanatosian posted:

There's supposed to be a "big announcement"at the Sounders business meeting tomorrow. Who wants to bet it's dropping the "interim" from Schmetzer's title?

I would be OK with this, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Qu Appelle posted:

I would be OK with this, yes.

So would the rest of the league I imagine.

• Locked thread