Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Zamujasa posted:

C-SPAM: Those Bundy Hicks did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

nm posted:

I actually respect this. (Though he isn't because he had the hung charge).
The idea that the state gets to take you back to jail and "process you out" for hours after an NG is loving bullshit and absolutely something someone should fight.
I've see people held for 3 years on bullshit murder cases not get to hug their familes after aquittal and have to spend another 8 hours in jail because of paperwork. If he's not guilty, let him walk the gently caress out of the the courtroom

This is a weird case to do it on though because he had a hung charge and is facing charges on the NV case.

I'm pretty sure he's not free to go because he has other charges

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

rabble rabble posted:

so if I go to the post office, with a gun, and order everyone out, this is... legal?

You have to wait until everyone is on vacation.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I'm sorry for being so breathless I just can't understand what the gently caress is going on right now

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

this is fine because I'd really rather the bundy's occupy somewhere else, and the FBI seeing that they were found not guilty previously just loving mercs them instead this time

no way

prosecution was in on it, fbi was in on it. they'll walk if they do it again, after given ample time to make a statement and smash more government property.

conservatives run the fbi, conservatives run the justice system. the judge said in the opening days of this that he was in favor of the sagebrush movement. no wonder he threw juror 11, he wanted them not guilty just as much as everyone else.

good old conservative white boys are above the law

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mirthless posted:

hey guys seven progressives got together in a room and talked about smashing capitalism, time to pull out the riot gear and beat a couple of hippies to death

oh 30 white dudes with assault rifles held federal agents at gunpoint for hours and then set up snipers and pointed rifles at the FBI? and then a year later they took over a federal wildlife refuge, did more than a million dollars of damage to it, and threatened and harassed multiple federal government employees? we'll let them play games until they get bored, hold them in a comfortable cell for six months and then find them not guilty of all charges.

I'm sure the refuge employees feel great knowing that the government's got their back.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rabble rabble posted:

so if I go to the post office, with a gun, and order everyone out, this is... legal?

no but if you live in a state filled to the brim with retards they may find you not guilty anyway

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah, no, they are still being held on the Nevada charges.

VikingSkull posted:

I'm pretty sure he's not free to go because he has other charges

I think that is exactly what I said in that last paragraph.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm sure the refuge employees feel great knowing that the government's got their back.

Neo Rasa posted:

Neo Rasa posted:

:thumbsup:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

nm posted:

OMFG. Bundy's lawyer is set for loving life.

The rest of us are loving screwed.

If you were Bundy’s lawyer, how would you be celebrating tonight?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Thread title change plz. Mods.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

rabble rabble posted:

Taking it over in the middle of the night when nobody is there is the more appropriate analogy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, we all know this One Weird Trick only applies to white right wing hicks.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

TotalLossBrain posted:

I messaged BM with one

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what in the gently caress is this poo poo?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

I think that is exactly what I said in that last paragraph.

Then why do you respect it?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

TotalLossBrain posted:

You have to wait until everyone is on vacation.

Also be white.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zamujasa posted:

So there was some talk about how the participation in this militia bullshit had been dropping once the Bundy Buddies got rounded up and stuffed in jail, but now that apparently they've proven you can pull this kind of poo poo and get a not-guilty verdict, are we going to see them skyrocket?

I mean, jesus gently caress, what were these idiot jurors thinking

"We protect our own, gently caress the gubmint VOTE TRUMP" is my guess.

I hope the jurors suffer for their decision but they won't. Even if it comes out that some went in to the case determined to let everyone walk nothing will happen. I unironically believe these people should have to justify their decision and face prison time if they even hint at jury nullification. They've just empowered a group that largely overlaps with Trump's reinvigorated white power rear end in a top hat supporters and if we don't seem more ranch/wifelife standoff poo poo and more violence towards BLM employees I'll be loving stunned. These people are all monsters and I wish them the same suffering their bullshit is going to inflict on others.

ponzicar posted:

Does this mean that the juror that got expelled was the one guy refusing to vote not guilty?

Yes, and I'd love to hear their statement about deliberations because I'm guessing it was roughly "they're on tape admitting to this poo poo you stupid loving assholes."

nm posted:

BTW, I have 20bux saying juror 11 speaks within the month.

If they aren't trying to get in from of cameras right now they're an idiot.

plasticowlmachine
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
so as you can see, there is clearly a war against white men in this country

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Platystemon posted:

Money bath followed by coke and hookers.
I assume he got cash up from because sovcits don't pay their bills.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ty!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Must feel pretty drat good being white in the USA

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

drilldo squirt posted:

Do they explain why they aren't guilty despite all the evidence literally showing them there with guns and threatening people?

Those things happened and may be crimes. But apparently the jury thought Conspiracy to Impede a blah blah blah was not among the crimes they committed.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm confused why they just didn't charge them with the things they did in the videos instead of conspiracy.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Honeybuns on Ammon in the Multnomah County lockup from the sound of it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Three Olives posted:

WTF? How? I thought the acquittal announcement was a joke.

You want a joke? I'll tell you a joke: the justice system.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Then why do you respect it?
Because generally, holding people after NGs is bullshit. I suspectx even if he didn't have the charges, he'd spend another 8 hours in jail for processing.

Also, I suspect the attorney was so shocked that he won that he sort of forgot about the other charges.

Edit: to be clear all I am under the impression is that he argued it. I don't think he tried to free him or anything.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mirthless posted:

no way

prosecution was in on it, fbi was in on it. they'll walk if they do it again, after given ample time to make a statement and smash more government property.

conservatives run the fbi, conservatives run the justice system. the judge said in the opening days of this that he was in favor of the sagebrush movement. no wonder he threw juror 11, he wanted them not guilty just as much as everyone else.

:tinfoil:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mirthless posted:

no way

Uh, the judge on this case is a woman, and she did everything short of ramming the gold-fringed flag up the defendants' asses in dealing with their sovcit bullshit. This is all on the jury.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Ill ask again, why do juries not have to provide a basic critical reasoning of there judgments? Would it be to hard to figure out what is "good" enough?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

no way

Obviously the answer is to pull 1990's FBI agents out of cryo because they sure weren't afraid to shoot them some white people.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

What's the point of even having loving laws? What's the point of having a government. Dumb loving hicks with guns will just camp in your yards down poo poo everywhere.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

how can a country i love so much hurt me like this :negative:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
The worst part of this is going to be the smug racist white people rubbing this in peoples faces and then complaining about how white people are persecuted in a single sentence.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

TotalLossBrain posted:

VikingSkull posted:

I messaged BM with one

I just changed it. And this has me genuinely upset, so my apologies ahead of time if it's not the funniest thing in the world.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Telsa Cola posted:

Ill ask again, why do juries not have to provide a basic critical reasoning of there judgments? Would it be to hard to figure out what is "good" enough?

what would you do with the reasoning? if it wasn't good throw it out? it sucks that a jury of bundy's peers is this retarded, but a trial by a jury of one's peers precludes someone getting to decide if they made the right choice or had sufficiently good reason

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Must feel pretty drat good being white in the USA
Not at the moment, no.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Today I learned JNOV's can't be used for criminal cases.

I'm sure that's overall prudent but it sucks rear end this one time.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

Because generally, holding people after NGs is bullshit. I suspectx even if he didn't have the charges, he'd spend another 8 hours in jail for processing.

Also, I suspect the attorney was so shocked that he won that he sort of forgot about the other charges.

Edit: to be clear all I am under the impression is that he argued it. I don't think he tried to free him or anything.

Yeah, and i think college football overtime is dumb as hell, but the judge didn't say "okay, what we're going to do is start taking turns on the 25 yard line," so that's not really relevant.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nm posted:

I actually respect this. (Though he isn't because he had the hung charge).
The idea that the state gets to take you back to jail and "process you out" for hours after an NG is loving bullshit and absolutely something someone should fight.
I've see people held for 3 years on bullshit murder cases not get to hug their familes after aquittal and have to spend another 8 hours in jail because of paperwork. If he's not guilty, let him walk the gently caress out of the the courtroom

This is a weird case to do it on though because he had a hung charge and is facing charges on the NV case.

Ryan had the hung charge for stealing the petty cash, not Ammon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I just changed it. And this has me genuinely upset, so my apologies ahead of time if it's not the funniest thing in the world.

its actually good