Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

gohuskies posted:

Richard Sherman wore a Harry Potter costume to his press conference today.

Who does that make Voldemort? Tom Brady?

Wrap it up muggles :hawksin:

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/791677296058986496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Aaron Williams may be a straight up china doll but Landry's hit was trash, gently caress him

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

got any sevens posted:

You care way too much about obscure records and rivalries that involve the Ravens

A lot of them we are going to lose. Like one thign we have left is that we've never lost to the Cowboys. Well there's like a 99% chance that happens this year. I remember in 2008 we were supposed to lose to them. But we pulled out a great victory. But this team is different we aren't going to pull out some surprise victory. We will fold and get blown out. We lost to the Redskins again this year. We lost to the Jets. And now we're gonna lose to the Cowboys.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/791336945934675972

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sounds like Smashmouth isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

After the tweet, a second source, with whom Mort had a better relationship, urged him to adopt a broader description: that the balls were merely “significantly underinflated.” In that tweezers-sized distinction, you could see a preview of the madness that would become Deflategate. Mort told me, “That should have raised the journalist in me to a higher level. I’ve got to ask some more questions here. What are we talking about, 2 pounds under? But, no, I got to get on TV.” He had to be an insider.

In appearances on TV and radio, Mort said he immediately backtracked to the safer ground of “significantly underinflated.” But Mort’s January 20 tweet and ESPN.com story that contained the 2 pounds per square inch number remained uncorrected for more than six months . …

Mort’s cool began to melt only when he started to get a number of death threats. “What bothered me is we’re in an era where if your wife goes onto social media, she basically reads that they want you to die,” Mort said. “Even after I got cancer, I got some death wishes.”

The Mortensens live in Arkansas. But when Mort was working in Bristol, they often stayed in a house they leased in Connecticut. As the Deflategate threats began to pile up, Mort told Micki he didn’t want her traveling to Connecticut anymore. “My job is to protect her,” he said. When Mort himself came to Bristol, he behaved like someone who was living under a public threat. He went straight from the ESPN studio to his home, avoiding restaurants and rarely appearing in public.

:stare:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Stern, yet fair.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah. Pats fans are the loving worst.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Aaron Williams may be a straight up china doll but Landry's hit was trash, gently caress him

Lol yeah ok 😥

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sorry about your Hines Ward Impersonator

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
While we're on the topic of idiotic things done by Goodell:

Common Sense

Richard Sherman posted:

[...]

I think if the NFL had its way, we would all be robots. We would all be perfect human beings off the field so that the league would never have to deal with another p.r. nightmare and everybody would smile and nod and hand the ball over to the official after a touchdown or a big play.

The funny thing is, if the NFL did have its way, we would lose what makes our game great. We would lose what draws fans to the sport.

We play a game. Part of the joy of watching that game is seeing the emotion on display. Seeing the passion. If guys didn’t play with passion and just went out there and went through the motions, I think people would stop watching.

We’re already seeing a bit of that. TV ratings are down, and I think we can point to the NFL legislating the emotion out of the game as a contributing factor. The NFL is enforcing a policy against celebration. Against joy. Against fun. It’s something I know a lot of players are frustrated with, and it appears that fans may be as well.

[...]

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rowling killed Brock Osweiler in book 4

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Why does Sherman have to be such a fucktard on the field, because off the field I feel like we could be besties

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Sorry but football players with huge egos and poo poo talkers make the sport better

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I can't wait until the next comish makes it mandatory to hurl the ball at the face mask of the nearest defensive player after you score a td

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

A Seahawks fan who can only name one player on the team? Well I never...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

Why does Sherman have to be such a fucktard on the field, because off the field I feel like we could be besties

Blitz7x posted:

Sorry but football players with huge egos and poo poo talkers make the sport better

I want a league that stops suspending players and starts getting creative instead. Instead of giving Burfict time off, force him to play with an old school leather helmet and no facemask. Aldon Smith isn't allowed to have a BAC below .15 during gametime.

Josh Brown isn't allowed back until he spends a night alone in a haunted house with special guest Steve Smith Sr. and a baseball bat

Blitz7x posted:

I can't wait until the next comish makes it mandatory to hurl the ball at the face mask of the nearest defensive player after you score a td

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to nominate you for Commissioner of the National Fun League.

edit

:lol: just found this beauty

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 28, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chichevache posted:

I want a league that stops suspending players and starts getting creative instead. Instead of giving Burfict time off, force him to play with an old school leather helmet and no facemask. Aldon Smith isn't allowed to have a BAC below .15 during gametime.

Josh Brown isn't allowed back until he spends a night alone in a haunted house with special guest Steve Smith Sr. and a baseball bat

Roethlisberger has to play while on roofies.

Terrell Suggs has to wear a scuba mask filled with bleach.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

Abby is probably done, I think. The IR isn't because of a serious injury but he was going to be out for a few games and they wanted to free up a roster spot without cutting him. But he's been injured so much in the past three seasons, I don't think his body is capable of withstanding the rigors of playing in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/791745786199601157

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/791495313743720450

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao at that graphic

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ricahrd Sherman owns

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dear Whomever You Are,

Please don't brag about Alex Smith's 2 touchdowns in two games.

Thanks.

kiimo

p.s. you are welcome to mention KC's 15-3 record in the last 18 games, however.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Lmao at that graphic

That's like Lieberman being proud of being in a three-way tie for third at the Iowa caucus.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ricahrd Sherman owns

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ricahrd Sherman owns

Yeah, but not for the Harry Potter thing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
TNF thread up
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795667

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kiimo posted:

Dear Whomever You Are,

Please don't brag about Alex Smith's 2 touchdowns in two games.

Thanks.

kiimo

p.s. you are welcome to mention KC's 15-3 record in the last 18 games, however.

Don't badmouth the smashmouth

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

He's also bad

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems like a Pats kinda WR.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Don't badmouth the smashmouth

I would not be surprised of whatshisname from Smash Mouth unironically says this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Marquis de Pyro posted:

But wait! There's more! Throughout this record setting bombing (on pace for 4,549 yards and 40 TDs allowed) the Lions have had one positive player in their back seven, star cornerback Darius Slay. Surely he can slow down a passing attack...oh, he hurt his hamstring last week and is almost surely out for the game. He was replaced by a career special teams player by the name of Jonathan BADemosi.

What happened to my main man Glover Quin?

That sucks. At least it's not like the Ricardo Lockette injury that didn't get fined at all or, IIRC, flagged

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 28, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol yeah ok 😥

DJ Swearinger did nothing wrong

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Diva Cupcake posted:

Seems like a Pats kinda WR.

I doubt it. He's not really particularly smart or good at route-running or anything really. He was great in college but between his fragility and his pedestrian play I think he's finished in the NFL.

Hot Diggity! posted:

He's also bad

Geronimo and Monty are the future!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

Sounds like Smashmouth isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
When will the NFL stop subjecting us to terrible TNF

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

How long does Goodell have to live?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Literally what is happening to Spoeank.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

Literally what is happening to Spoeank.

Actually I was working and now I'm settling in to watch the Golden One Center open, but I checked the score and it was a blowout, and terrible.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Actually I was working and now I'm settling in to watch the Golden One Center open, but I checked the score and it was a blowout, and terrible.

The Jaguars might make this interesting!

By the way, how should I be pronouncing your username? I'd been thinking of you as "Spank", but I just realized I could also pronounce that "Spunk".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I pronounce it "Spoe-yank"

• Locked thread