Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Dude really

yeah the fact that you can get away with armed insurrection by being white, right-wing and awful has got me pretty pissed and i don't want to burden other people with my presence while pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The fact that they got off with theft. Like 100% you took a truck. On video. Means that they just wanted to get them off on principle.

gently caress Oregon.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
A jury of their peers indeed.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CaptainViolence posted:

jesus loving christ, what the gently caress country am I even living in anymore?

I thought you were cool, oregon, what the gently caress happened :suicide:

there's two oregons

one is the portland metro area, eugene, and the capitol building in salem

the other is the rest of the state, and the whole east half of the state is extremely rural. harney county's population density is less than one person per square mile (and over a third of those people are in Burns)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

rural oregon's pretty extremely rural but as a whole state i'm pretty sure that's idaho

Idaho's not even a state, it's just a sprawling militia compound with a bunch of taters and mule deer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

The fact that they got off with theft. Like 100% you took a truck. On video. Means that they just wanted to get them off on principle.

gently caress Oregon.

You can't pump your own gas in Oregon.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
There's an FBI building next to the courthouse. They should try to occupy that next!

So...if an entire jury from Oregon can be this stupid will Trump win?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Z-Nation is actually a documentary on life in eastern Washington state.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Even the defense can't believe it!

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/791796663731916800

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Looking forward to an exercise of dual sovereigns.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Lord of Pie posted:

Idaho's not even a state, it's just a sprawling militia compound with a bunch of taters and mule deer

It's basically the northern annex of utah where the really poor and/or crazy mormons go

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
so does this mean it's legal to shoot at Federal aircraft as a convicted felon now?

I feel like there's precedent

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Motherfucker.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

If a minority did the same thing these fuckers did they would all be shot dead by the cops

gently caress this poo poo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mirthless posted:

look at this stupid loving post i made a couple of months ago what a loving moron i was

"surely nobody would let this many people off on this many charges!"

:suicide:

I am glad you have seen the light. Jury nullification is an unavoidable bug. It is never a feature.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mors Rattus posted:

yeah the fact that you can get away with armed insurrection by being white, right-wing and awful has got me pretty pissed and i don't want to burden other people with my presence while pissed

You need to smoke some chill Oregon weed. Get laid. Your white and don't live on or near blm land, my guess.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Green Intern posted:

I'm so mad I want to puke.

Same. I legit tend to not take anything too seriously despite being a massive political junky, and I'm going to get shitfaced tonight. gently caress Oregon.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
How in the hell did this happen?

Wonder if some of that Jury Nullification bullshit was involved?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

so the thread title is real right? roflamo poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Minorities already did this kind of thing and the building was torched and the neighborhoods around it bombed just to make sure the message was loud and clear

VikingSkull posted:

so does this mean it's legal to shoot at Federal aircraft as a convicted felon now?

Probably, all I know is that if the DAPL protesters aren't working on getting a shitload of guns up there ASAP they're missing an opportunity

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tardcore posted:

How in the hell did this happen?

Oregon posts aren't jokes. A random selection of most other states would not have had the same result.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It's cool they've been emboldened. Now the next time they pull this poo poo there will be bloodshed.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Eagerly awaiting the New York Times Bestseller memoir detailing the harrowing accounts of this truly heroic family as they saved the Wild West from city slicker g-men.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's cool they've been emboldened. Now the next time they pull this poo poo there will be bloodshed.

I've already predicted the next front for this is going to be armed takeovers of minority polling places on election day

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Imagine the liberal media headlines tomorrow?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zas posted:

so the thread title is real right? roflamo poo poo

Not charge even for carrying weapons on federal property.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

etalian posted:

Illegally doing so in the case of the felons on film doing so

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Epic High Five posted:

I've already predicted the next front for this is going to be armed takeovers of minority polling places on election day

i'm sure that will work out stunningly

(it probably will)

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Epic High Five posted:

Illegally doing so in the case of the felons on film doing so

Felony possession wasn't on trial here.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

You mean brave ranchers open carrying. Those blacks are welcome to walk by the 20 armed men.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
This case just proves why we need Black Lives Matter

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
We really should consider professional jurors.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
There are no god drat words for how disgusted I am right now holy poo poo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

etalian posted:

That jury was never going to convict them of anything. Holy poo poo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Beauregard v. Sumter?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A silver lining here is that a few public defenders are having the best night of thier lives and some hot poo poo USAs are eating poo poo.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I am seriously shocked. That lady who was covering this case must be shook as gently caress. The prosecutor is probably on suicide watch. I would be.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CrazyLittle posted:

Felony possession wasn't on trial here.

this is basically how it went down it seems, prosecution picked all the wrong poo poo to charge them with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

look, they were never going to get charged with anything okay