Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mors Rattus posted:

Fun fact: what the Bible calls leprosy was actually a collection of diseases. Many weren't even lethal at all - they were just exceptionally disfiguring and gross. (There is an actual disease called leprosy, which is pretty nasty, but it wasn't the only leprosy, so to speak.) The medieval Church held that leprosy was a divine curse (and so could only be lifted by the mercy of God).

Yeah, there are endless passages in the Old Testament about distinguishing "clean" and "unclean" skin diseases, which was probably an attempt at not casting people out from the tribe for having psoriasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yeah, there are endless passages in the Old Testament about distinguishing "clean" and "unclean" skin diseases, which was probably an attempt at not casting people out from the tribe for having psoriasis.

"And yea the cursed were known by their disgusting skin and awful features. But not Dave, Dave's cool."

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtCm6PfiSaw

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Y'All Qaeda was acquitted because white conservative privilege. Freep thread only has one post and is still developing: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3485750/posts#comment

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

Y'All Qaeda was acquitted because white conservative privilege. Freep thread only has one post and is still developing: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3485750/posts#comment

Are you loving kidding me. I mean on one hand wow not surprising white rich dudes and friends get off for something that would destroy anyone else who did it, but what the hell? How could they have possibly be found not guilty?

Also wtf:

quote:

live video from the Bundy Ranch’s Facebook showed some supporters claiming that Ammon Bundy’s attorney Marcus Mumford was tased in court by federal marshals. KATU reported that Mumford was in US Marshal custody after being allegedly tackled for yelling that Bundy was free to go following the announcement of the verdict.

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 28, 2016

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Are you loving kidding me. I mean on one hand wow not surprising white rich dudes and friends get off for something that would destroy anyone else who did it, but what the hell? How could they have possibly be found not guilty?

Also wtf:

that's kind of a fitting end to the saga if true

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

Being white means you can get away with literal terrorism where anyone else black and tan gets murdered on sight.

loving bullshit.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mantis42 posted:

This is going to be an especially insufferable evening in Freepland. They got to see their dream succeed and now know that the rules don't apply to mighty white men like them.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Setting them up for even harder of a crash come election day.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I swear to god if the federal prosecution fails to jail the bundys and the rest of them, gently caress this country. Why not just have Obama on live TV say "if you're white, do whatever, we don't care and we won't do anything and that includes armed insurrection and terrorism"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Annointed posted:

Being white means you can get away with literal terrorism where anyone else black and tan gets murdered on sight.

loving bullshit.

On that note...

quote:

If Western civilization were sane, these men would be lauded as heroes. But if Western civilization were sane, they wouldn’t have to burn mosques down.

2 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:40:01 PM by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)

quote:

So the Muslim babies an dish it out but can’t take it eh?.../s

3 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:40:30 PM by jsanders2001

quote:

if Western civilization were sane, they wouldn’t have to burn mosques down.
Yes, they could leave them standing as monuments of evil...reminders to future generations, just like the Nazi death camps in Germany.

4 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:43:33 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (Trump: A Bull in a RINO closet.)

quote:

Well either that or repositories for hog manure.

5 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:44:28 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (Trump: A Bull in a RINO closet.)

quote:

Or we wouldn’t have mosques to burn down, rather.

6 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:47:22 PM by Olog-hai

quote:

Heroes!

8 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:55:13 PM by Mjreagan

quote:

Are the governments that eager to prosecute muzzards who rape, maim and kill normal people?

9 posted on 10/27/2016, 2:56:38 PM by I want the USA back (Freedom of speech: an illusion that Americans hold fast to, although it disappeared decades ago.)

quote:

"A Dutch court has convicted five right-wing extremists honored fed-up Dutch citizens and sentenced them to four years’ imprisonment awarded them medals for throwing Molotov cocktails at a mosque defending their homeland from violent invaders., saying the attack had “terrorist characteristics.” was justified due to the savagery of the invading horde of third-world muslim miscreants.
Well, it took a lot, but I was able to correct it to what it should have said.

10 posted on 10/27/2016, 3:53:55 PM by bk1000 (A clear conscience is a sure sign of a poor memory.)

"They did it themselves! False flag! Oh, white people really did it? Heroes! Give them medals!"

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Among the charges they were declared not guilty of? 'possessing a firearm in a federal facility'. I can't. I just can't with this country right now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

kartikeya posted:

Among the charges they were declared not guilty of? 'possessing a firearm in a federal facility'. I can't. I just can't with this country right now.

I swear to hell if this manages to escalate to multiple attacks over the course of the next few months/years, I know who to blame for killing justice and liberty.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is because it was a jury trial, right? They only deliberated for five hours, too.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

kartikeya posted:

Yeah this is pretty clearly the result of 'jury nullification'. I'm just astounded that the prosecutors let these fuckos be seated. It doesn't seem like it should be too hard to ferret out that you're dealing with extreme right-wing assholes.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

One of the jurors used to work for BLM. They kicked him out.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

quote:

Rurudyne (Standup Philosopher)

Is that a Carlin reference.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

ErichZahn posted:

Is that a Carlin reference.

Mel Brooks- History of the World part I.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3485813/posts

Pence's plane slid off the runway in New York. No injuries, fortunately.

quote:

To: nickcarraway

Nice try, Bitch! ;)

2 posted on 10/27/2016, 9:51:00 PM by Diana in Wisconsin (I don't have 'Hobbies.' I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set!)

quote:

Attempted Arkancide!

4 posted on 10/27/2016, 10:01:32 PM by Incorrigible (If I lead, follow me; If I pause, push me; If I retreat, kill me.)

quote:

Tim Kaine probably put banana peels on the runway. :)

10 posted on 10/27/2016, 11:32:23 PM by railroader

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

kartikeya posted:

What the gently caress. What does a white person even have to do to get arrested? Man I'm moving to the states, as a white male I'd be unstoppable.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

kartikeya posted:

Basically because they were found not guilty of the other charges, the firearms charges were automatically dismissed. It's not illegal to have a firearm on federal property unless you are doing something illegal with it. Otherwise hunting wouldn't be possible on federal land. So, because they were (apparently) not doing anything illegal, there were no firearm possession charges to face.

The 'possessing a firearm in a federal facility' is basically a top-up gently caress you for doing something wrong, like using a weapon in the commission of a crime.

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 28, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kavak posted:

This is because it was a jury trial, right? They only deliberated for five hours, too.

The jury complained that one of the jurors was a former BLM employee, even though he admitted this during jury selection and made it all the way to deliberations, and so the judge kicked him off. A new jury was formed and deliberated for only a few hours before declaring not guilty on all charges, despite the judge's orders to start from square one. The only way this could have ever made sense is if the jury agreed beforehand to decide on a "not guilty" for every charge regardless of the facts.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The banana peel one was pretty funny.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
What terrifies me most is that this only embolden those that are already hyped up on CW2 fanfic because of the "rigged" election.

All it takes is a few idiots thinking they'll get off any charges too.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Yes. In two weeks there's going to be a bunch of angry white dudes with guns who are super mad at the US government. There's no way that this can go wrong.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Helen Highwater posted:

Yes. In two weeks there's going to be a bunch of angry white dudes with guns who are super mad at the US government. There's no way that this can go wrong.

I bet a few will shoot themselves or get shot by their kids.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Aesop Poprock posted:

Also wtf:

Hell, the court case was a shambles when it came to the defense...sometimes I hate this country

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

I bet a few will shoot themselves or get shot by their kids.

Brother against brother, father against son armed toddler in the back seat.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Helen Highwater posted:

Basically because they were found not guilty of the other charges, the firearms charges were automatically dismissed. It's not illegal to have a firearm on federal property unless you are doing something illegal with it. Otherwise hunting wouldn't be possible on federal land. So, because they were (apparently) not doing anything illegal, there were no firearm possession charges to face.

The 'possessing a firearm in a federal facility' is basically a top-up gently caress you for doing something wrong, like using a weapon in the commission of a crime.

You know, except brandishing them to threaten the government/employees

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Radish posted:

Brother against brother, father against son armed toddler in the back seat.

At least one will probably die to their dog stepping on a trigger.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

SocketWrench posted:

You know, except brandishing them to threaten the government/employees

I don't disagree, except that the firearm charges were pursuant to the conspiracy charge. As soon as that charge was tossed, the firearms charges went away as well. I'm not arguing that they were Good Lads Who Did Nothing Wrong, I'm just saying that the offence they were charged with required a guilty verdict in a different charge to stick.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
There's also, I assume, a difference between federal property, and a federal facility. Just because you can go hunting with a gun on federal property wouldn't mean you can carry a gun into a building.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I remember that while you are allowed to carry a gun at Alcatraz, you can't carry one on the boat to Alcatraz. Presumably you could take one in on the Nic Cage/Sean Connery route.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The FBI just reopened their investigation into Hillary's emails. Will this make the Freep tears all the sweeter come election day?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
FBI reopening Clinton email investigation

This poo poo never ends...

quote:

To: detective

LOCK HER UP

3 posted on 10/28/2016 10:23:11 AM PDT by Hattie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

As Rush just pointed out there could be announcement next week saying that everything’s kosher.We shouldn’t even be *slightly* surprised if this happens.

7 posted on 10/28/2016 10:25:28 AM PDT by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

quote:

The FBI agent whose wife received DEM money needs to be removed from the case.

9 posted on 10/28/2016 10:26:10 AM PDT by SpeedyInTexas

quote:

Comey should be removed from the investigation as his integrity has been compromised given his history with the Clintons.

11 posted on 10/28/2016 10:26:26 AM PDT by wtd

quote:

If it’s anything other than a purely political attempt to salvage their own reputation by discrediting the Wikileaks emails and even arrest a few fall guys, I will be utterly shocked. No one named Clinton will be affected.

12 posted on 10/28/2016 10:26:35 AM PDT by RegulatorCountry

quote:

To: Menehune56

Lots of shrieking over on DU!

It breaks my heart to hear that.It would be tragic if there were dozens of fatal heart attacks,strokes and psychiatric meltdowns over there.

13 posted on 10/28/2016 10:27:37 AM PDT by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Keep telling yourself that, bud.

quote:

She is finished.

14 posted on 10/28/2016 10:28:05 AM PDT by Biggirl ("One Lord, one faith, one baptism" - Ephesians 4:5)

quote:

kickback to Comey’s wife should net the two of them 20 years in prison at least.
...if their was truly justice left in the USA

17 posted on 10/28/2016 10:30:05 AM PDT by Zathras

quote:

In my best sing-song voice!

“THE F.B.I. IS REOPENING THE CASE ON HILLARY’S E-MAILS”!

“The FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation.” Case reopened.

La la la la la la!

JAIL TO THE CHIEF!

18 posted on 10/28/2016 10:31:06 AM PDT by Pilgrim's Progress (http://www.baptistbiblebelievers.com/BYTOPICS/tabid/335/Default.aspx D)

quote:

To: Biggirl

She is finished.

This is very good news. Considering the latest gallup poll where Americans biggest fear was government corruption, having this in the news cycle over the last 2 weeks of election is awesome!!! Thanks you Jesus!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

20 posted on 10/28/2016 10:31:30 AM PDT by ThinkingBuddha
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

Open revolt among FBI agents

24 posted on 10/28/2016 10:32:38 AM PDT by Mr. K (Trump is running against EVERYONE. The Democrats, The Media, and the establishment GOP)

:tinfoil:

quote:

>>Does anyone know what was behind this decision?

My guess is that Wikileaks turned up more Clinton minions in need of pre-emptive immunity deals. Comey’s got to earn his bribes.

28 posted on 10/28/2016 10:33:50 AM PDT by vikingd00d (chown -R us ~ur/base/*)

quote:

To: Mr. K

Or maybe this a cover to go after the leakers...

29 posted on 10/28/2016 10:33:57 AM PDT by mewzilla (I'll vote for the first guy who promises to mail in his SOTU addresses.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dubyagee

And no time for the RATS to substitue a new candidate for the unredeemably tainted Hillary, as they did with Frank Lautenburg taking over for the corrupt Bob Torecelli in 2002. Boo hoo.

32 posted on 10/28/2016 10:34:28 AM PDT by Menehune56 ("Let them hate so long as they fear" (Oderint Dum Metuant), Lucius Accius (170 BC - 86 BC))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

What for??? Hellary got and gets to walk on multiple counts of security breaches, perjury, payola, destruction of evidence, and treason. The FBI is in the cesspool with justice, the wh, and the clintonistas. They have already shown their corruption.

34 posted on 10/28/2016 10:35:55 AM PDT by TnTnTn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

Head Fake!!!!

Nothing in the emails and Comey knows it......just something to take Trump out of the headlines.

38 posted on 10/28/2016 10:38:27 AM PDT by sodpoodle (Life is prickly - carry tweezers.)

quote:

To: VanDeKoik

if the fbi does not get all the emails from nsa or the back up drive(gotto?) and get a search warrant for more evidence and a grand jury investigation this will all be nothing but show..we shall see

there should of course be an investigation of the FBI second in command and political donations to his wife. bribery by the clintons group.

45 posted on 10/28/2016 10:43:12 AM PDT by rolling_stone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Of course they have no problem with blatant partisanship when they are the beneficiaries.

quote:

Rush thinks the FBI is trying to distract from Wikileaks

I think the opposite I think the FBI been sandbagging to drop thier own October surprise to nuk Hillary... laying low playing dead and waiting in the weeds to Bushwacker and totally pay back all these pricks

The simple truth is that the FBI taking out Hillary early then Bernie would be running and probably winning

47 posted on 10/28/2016 10:43:56 AM PDT by tophat9000 (King G(OP)eorge III has no idea why the Americans are in rebellion... teach him why)

quote:

To: tophat9000

I think the opposite I think the FBI been sandbagging to drop thier own October surprise to nuk Hillary... laying low playing dead and waiting in the weeds to Bushwacker and totally pay back all these pricks The simple truth is that the FBI taking out Hillary early then Bernie would be running and probably winning

I really want this to be true...I want to think that the good guys have stood up and saved the country.

49 posted on 10/28/2016 10:45:39 AM PDT by DouglasKC
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

quote:

...Does anyone know what was behind this decision? ...

Comey's worried that Trump will actually win and start prosecuting everybody that's been shilling for Hillary.

50 posted on 10/28/2016 10:45:42 AM PDT by FReepaholic (Stupidity is not a crime, so you're free to go.)

quote:

My guess. They think Trump will win. Complete investigation, file charges, Obama grants pardon, off the hook.

If they don’t do it now, there will be no pardon after Trump is in the White House.

55 posted on 10/28/2016 10:47:47 AM PDT by SolidRedState (I used to think bizarro world was a fiction.)

quote:

To: sevlex

I think it became so freakin’ obvious that the law was broken that Comey or whoever couldn’t stand it anymore. They HAVE to know no matter how corrupt they are, that if Hitlery is elected this country is toast because she basically will have carte blanche to do whatever the hell she wanted. I mean at what level do they say enough is enough? They may have reached that level.

58 posted on 10/28/2016 10:49:35 AM PDT by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rolling_stone

He doesn’t want to end up dead either so I doubt he will roll but he may go for an immunity deal.

59 posted on 10/28/2016 10:49:48 AM PDT by reaganaut (I'm looking forward to Trump as President. I'm an Evangelical and I vote.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

The FBI as in institution has lost all credibility. They may be taking a mulligan. I see this as a huge event. The latest Wiki leaked emails completely destroyed the argument of “no intent” Repeated statements of concern at all levels of her email chain paint a picture of wanton disregard to expose secret information to the enemies of our sovereign nation. The reason was to profit personally on access and quid pro quos in the State Department like the Russian uranium deal and the Qatar million dollar gift to Bill . All speaking fees to bill were also directly to her under New York Law of equitable distribution . That means DIRECT BRIBES WERE PAID AND RECEIVED!!!

62 posted on 10/28/2016 10:50:34 AM PDT by WENDLE (Hillary provided Weapons to ISIS!! There is no doubt.)

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

change my name posted:

The FBI just reopened their investigation into Hillary's emails. Will this make the Freep tears all the sweeter come election day?

Note that the FBI is not actually re-opening its investigation, it is simply assessing some new emails that have come to light from a different device - not from Hillary or her aides and not from her server. It's a non-story except for the fact that it has 'Hillary' and 'email' in the subject line.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, the more info has come out the more boring it's gotten. Apparently three emails which the FBI had already seen and which were not withheld were found on a device owned by Anthony Weiner.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No poo poo. The headlines were the entire point of this exercise, grabbing oxygen from Trump's failures as a human being to reopen the "HILLARY IS SCANDALOUS!" headlines yet again. The ones that sustain themselves d3spite no facts backing them up.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I'm seeing it all over the general news sites and social media, people are basically like "this is it! This will end Hilary for good!", its like watching pigeons fly into a window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm seeing it all over the general news sites and social media, people are basically like "this is it! This will end Hilary for good!", its like watching pigeons fly into a window.

And of course it's already over, Comey clarified what he meant in the letter and Chaffetz said he has no intention of pursuing further action. Emails Part 17: Return of the Weiner lasted less then a day in the mainstream media, although I'm sure like every other 'scandal' it will live forever on freep.