Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

phanter04 posted:

I just lost CJA. Feeling like I should make a move. One of the members really wants David Johnson so I am going to propose:

D. Johnson
A.Robinson
D.Moncrief

for

Devontae Booker
Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Marvin Jones

I have Gore as my other RB. The next best WR i have is Dez.
I feel I have a good team for the rest of the season but I am looking for those players with easier schedules for the playoffs. I am sitting at 6-1 right now.

Tough letting go of Johnson but I feel in this case I would be getting back enough.

Yeah, if you can get that haul, I think you have to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude is offering me either Michael Thomas or Kelvin Benjamin for my James White. Takes away my RB depth but would make my lineup:

QB: Rivers
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Demariyus Thomas
FLEX: Kelvin Benjamin or Michael Thomas
RB: Spencer Ware or Jamaal
RB: Booker or Jacquizz
TE: Walker

Do it? 0.3 PPR

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008

phanter04 posted:

I just lost CJA. Feeling like I should make a move. One of the members really wants David Johnson so I am going to propose:

D. Johnson
A.Robinson
D.Moncrief

for

Devontae Booker
Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Marvin Jones

I have Gore as my other RB. The next best WR i have is Dez.
I feel I have a good team for the rest of the season but I am looking for those players with easier schedules for the playoffs. I am sitting at 6-1 right now.

Tough letting go of Johnson but I feel in this case I would be getting back enough.

whoops. standard format.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Allen Robinson is having a bad year, and Bortles looks terrible. Any thoughts on A Rob's keeper value going forward? Fantasypros still ranks him as the #7 Dynasty WR.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm starting to think my James White for Kelvin Benjamin or Michael Thomas is a mash

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

phanter04 posted:

whoops. standard format.

I get that it's DJ but that deal is loving nuts. If you can get that, you have to take it.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

89 posted:

I'm starting to think my James White for Kelvin Benjamin or Michael Thomas is a mash

I would do White for Kelvin in a heartbeat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ajayi was available as a FA in one of my leagues. Not waivers, straight-up FA.

:psyduck:

Welp, rest in piss Yeldon.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Benne posted:

Ajayi was available as a FA in one of my leagues. Not waivers, straight-up FA.

:psyduck:

Welp, rest in piss Yeldon.

Free Chris Ivory!

Please Jacksonville? I am starting Duke Johnson and Bilal Powell in a PPR league (due to McCoy and Martin).

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MrSargent posted:

Free Chris Ivory!

I still wouldn't take that deal.

Edit: I drafted Ivory thinking he was the obvious number one choice in Jacksonville and would produce. :argh:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Quiet Feet posted:

I still wouldn't take that deal.

Edit: I drafted Ivory thinking he was the obvious number one choice in Jacksonville and would produce. :argh:

Oh I didn't mean Free as in free on waivers, I meant free as in "unleash him and forget Yeldon".

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I dont know if it matters much but adding to the ARob discussion yesterday: Perrish Cox is out tonight.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Looks like I gotta hold on to Allen Robinson for 1 more week because trades take forever to push through. I guess I'm gonna roll the drat dice and play him over Jordan Matthews and my incoming Kelvin Benjamin

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Green Gloves posted:

I dont know if it matters much but adding to the ARob discussion yesterday: Perrish Cox is out tonight.

Someone alert the authorities!

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
So here's a weird one. Early last week I dropped my kicker for Gillislee when the McCoy news started circulating. In an effort to free up a roster spot I shopped around the league for potential 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 trades I could swing, specifically trying to package at least Charles+Ware together. The Charles knee situation hadn't come up yet, so we were just coming off the Week 6 game where Charles ate into Ware's touches and it looked like we might be headed for a 50/50 split or something. One of the offers I floated was Charles+Ware for Lesean McCoy - since I had just picked up Gillislee and it looked like McCoy wouldn't play, and the McCoy owner was 1-5 and desperate for a win.

I got turned down, and then Charles' knee news broke and my backfield suddenly looked less problematic than before so I stood pat. But now that owner just messaged me again asking if I would still do the deal.

My initial reaction was no, because of Charles' knee stuff making Ware the clear lead, but the more I think about it the more it seems closer to 50/50. Sure, Ware is back to being the clear lead now, but what happens later in the season if Charles gets healthier and it's right back to a Nightmare Fantasy Timeshare scenario? Would it be better for a stretch run/playoff run to have McCoy instead of Ware/Charles, especially if I already own Gillislee? That week 12-16 schedule for McCoy would be a dream.

I'm currently 5-2 and sitting in 2nd place with the most points scored, so I could conceivably afford to take a short-term hit for a long-term gain.

Someone please talk me in or out of this. Am I crazy to consider this?

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

89 posted:

Looks like I gotta hold on to Allen Robinson for 1 more week because trades take forever to push through. I guess I'm gonna roll the drat dice and play him over Jordan Matthews and my incoming Kelvin Benjamin

Yeah ARob was my second round pick. I'm staying strong and starting him this week.
I want to believe.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Buane posted:

So here's a weird one. Early last week I dropped my kicker for Gillislee when the McCoy news started circulating. In an effort to free up a roster spot I shopped around the league for potential 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 trades I could swing, specifically trying to package at least Charles+Ware together. The Charles knee situation hadn't come up yet, so we were just coming off the Week 6 game where Charles ate into Ware's touches and it looked like we might be headed for a 50/50 split or something. One of the offers I floated was Charles+Ware for Lesean McCoy - since I had just picked up Gillislee and it looked like McCoy wouldn't play, and the McCoy owner was 1-5 and desperate for a win.

I got turned down, and then Charles' knee news broke and my backfield suddenly looked less problematic than before so I stood pat. But now that owner just messaged me again asking if I would still do the deal.

My initial reaction was no, because of Charles' knee stuff making Ware the clear lead, but the more I think about it the more it seems closer to 50/50. Sure, Ware is back to being the clear lead now, but what happens later in the season if Charles gets healthier and it's right back to a Nightmare Fantasy Timeshare scenario? Would it be better for a stretch run/playoff run to have McCoy instead of Ware/Charles, especially if I already own Gillislee? That week 12-16 schedule for McCoy would be a dream.

I'm currently 5-2 and sitting in 2nd place with the most points scored, so I could conceivably afford to take a short-term hit for a long-term gain.

Someone please talk me in or out of this. Am I crazy to consider this?

I really don't think you should be giving up Ware when JC is limited with knee issues still and McCoy may miss time with a hamstring issue.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That trade sounds risky. It would make sense if everyone was healthy. I guess I would bet on Charles and McCoy staying hurt more that getting healthy personally. Ware is a stud. I mean, McCoy is better, but the averages are 16.8 to 15.7 in my league and though Ware averages a point less he is the only one of the four who is healthy.

Man I don't know.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If McCoy dies, is Gillislee the clear bell cow, or does he wind up sharing time with a third stringer?

And anyway is Gillislee clearly as much of a gold egg laying goose as Ware? Because Ware is legit good enough to be the bellcow #1 RB on a good football team.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

kiimo posted:

That trade sounds risky. It would make sense if everyone was healthy. I guess I would bet on Charles and McCoy staying hurt more that getting healthy personally. Ware is a stud. I mean, McCoy is better, but the averages are 16.8 to 15.7 in my league and though Ware averages a point less he is the only one of the four who is healthy.

Man I don't know.

If everyone stays hurt then yeah it sucks and I eat dirt. If everyone gets healthy, then Charles probably eats into Ware's production. That's the thinking. I guess you're right do I think it's more likely Charles stays hurt or gets healthy?

Leperflesh posted:

If McCoy dies, is Gillislee the clear bell cow, or does he wind up sharing time with a third stringer?

And anyway is Gillislee clearly as much of a gold egg laying goose as Ware? Because Ware is legit good enough to be the bellcow #1 RB on a good football team.

"Good enough to be" and "will be utilized in that fashion" aren't the same thing, unfortunately. If Charles gets healthy(ier) I think it's clear Reid will use him a decent amount regardless of Ware's effectiveness...at least that's my fear.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to get a a trade or two done before our Week 10 trade deadline. We are in a keeper league and I'm trying to secure some value going in to next years draft without knee capping myself too much this season. The only real keeper candidates I currently have on my roster are:

Tyler Eifert: 13 Rd pick (sat on my IR all year)
David Johnson: 1st Rd pick

We have a rule that you can't keep players for more than twice so the big value I'm looking to land is:
Mark Ingram: 9th Rd pick
Odell Beckham: 5th Rd pick
Deandre Hopkins: 9th Rd pick

I'm assuming Ingram and Hopkins aren't cooked and will be good value at those prices next year? If so, would I be able to get the deal done on any of these players with a combination of:

Jeremy Hill (which comes with a Rd 9 keeper option next year)
TY Hilton
Larry Fitzgerald

The two deals of thought of so far are offering the ODB owner Hill+Fitz or the Ingram owner TY Hilton. Advice?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I feel Gillislee will lay about as many golden eggs as McKinnon tbh

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Another question too. Where are Latavious Murray, Lamar Miller and Demarco Murray likely to be taken in re-draft leagues next year if they are healthy?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only game Charles was used in this year was the Oakland game. That game Ware had 24 carries.

I mean, personally I'm thinking Charles gobbles up Charcandrick West's carries, not Ware's. Don't forget that Ware is sharing time with two running backs now.

Reid should run the poo poo out of these guys man. I think he's finally figuring it out and the two people who are suffering are Kelce and Maclin also Alex Smith is rushing a lot less. I'm starting Ware all year. He's fourth in the league in yards from scrimmage.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Looten Plunder posted:

Another question too. Where are Latavious Murray, Lamar Miller and Demarco Murray likely to be taken in re-draft leagues next year if they are healthy?

Latavius I'd say 3rd at the earliest. The Raiders hate him for some dumb reason and he'll drop farther though.

Demarco and Miller probably 1-2. Henry didn't overtake Murray so he's intrenched. Osweiler sucks Houston needs someone that doesn't rely on a competently thrown ball.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Looten Plunder posted:

I'm trying to get a a trade or two done before our Week 10 trade deadline. We are in a keeper league and I'm trying to secure some value going in to next years draft without knee capping myself too much this season. The only real keeper candidates I currently have on my roster are:

Tyler Eifert: 13 Rd pick (sat on my IR all year)
David Johnson: 1st Rd pick

We have a rule that you can't keep players for more than twice so the big value I'm looking to land is:
Mark Ingram: 9th Rd pick
Odell Beckham: 5th Rd pick
Deandre Hopkins: 9th Rd pick

I'm assuming Ingram and Hopkins aren't cooked and will be good value at those prices next year? If so, would I be able to get the deal done on any of these players with a combination of:

Jeremy Hill (which comes with a Rd 9 keeper option next year)
TY Hilton
Larry Fitzgerald

The two deals of thought of so far are offering the ODB owner Hill+Fitz or the Ingram owner TY Hilton. Advice?

Well, need to know your whole roster and stuff, but as far as hurting you this year, Hilton for Ingram is at least a small downgrade, and OBJ for Fitzgerald+Hill is probably a wash (though of course depends on who you have to replace Hill). Unless you have a super thin bench or are far more stacked at one position than another, neither should hurt you a ton in the worst case. Given the keeper considerations, I'd probably prioritize getting OBJ over Ingram.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Bompacho posted:

Yeah ARob was my second round pick. I'm staying strong and starting him this week.
I want to believe.

You and me buddy. Although not much of a choice in a 16 teamer.

I believe in Blake and Allen just for a one night hookup in Nashville.

No Parrish Cox blocking either.

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 28, 2016

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I want to sit A Rob so bad for Beasley but I feel like A Rob is due for a big game finally and Tennessee is the place to do it. I'm sure I'll regret leaving him in after like 5 minutes.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I want to sit A Rob so bad for Beasley but I feel like A Rob is due for a big game finally and Tennessee is the place to do it. I'm sure I'll regret leaving him in after like 5 minutes.

I have Nuk, ARob, Beasley, Michael Thomas on the same team, I gotta sit one of them.. or I sit Mike Gillislee and play all of them?? I hate this team it sucks real hard

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

There really isn't much on the depth chart behind Gillislee. The desiccated husk of Reggie Bush, and rookie Jonathan Williams. If McCoy dies, I think the backfield is Gillislee's to lose. But temper your expectations because McCoy is loving Awesome At Running Footballs and no one is just going to drop in and replace those points entirely.

If McCoy had a season ending injury I guess one could take a flier on Williams in deeper leagues. There seems to have been some hype around his potential coming out of college if he hadn't been hurt at draft time. But I wouldn't drop anyone remotely usable to do it. You're gambling on Gillislee ALSO dying or being bad enough to get benched for the rookie.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm going just say the same thing I did like 30 pages ago: Gillislee is a JAG and if McCoy gets hurt the Bills are dead in the water and I'd rather cut my own toes off than start him and his 9 point ceiling

Honestly, if McCoy did get hurt, I would put $20 on Williams holding at least a sizable share of the workload come fantasy playoffs.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 28, 2016

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I'm done with A Rob.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Would you rather stash Jamaal Charles or Dion Lewis on your bench?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I bet ARob will be droppable next week.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I'm done with A Rob.

Maybe Chad Henne can get him going again. Oh wait...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bet ARob will be droppable next week.

Here's basically been droppable since week 2

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Would you rather stash Jamaal Charles or Dion Lewis on your bench?

Not much separates them, but Dion you have to believe has his arrow facing the better direction.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

Here's basically been droppable since week 2

Does ESPN let you?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Green Gloves posted:

If your league operates on a Sunday-Tuesday waiver like mine does. I would suggest picking up Derrick Henry for Thursday (if you have space) and see if anything happens. If theres no injury its an easy drop.

In the event that Murray goes down we could see some Antonio Andrews but the Titans used a very high draft pick and Henry has all the tools and has looked decent in pass pro in small sample sizes.

Fuckkkkking wow but I think Murray is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

Dropping Derrick Henry is a bad idea hth.

• Locked thread