Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

They had better not patch that out unless it's causing framerate cratering/crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:stare:

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
You'd swear they left this poo poo in on purpose, by this point. 'We know what you're really here for.'

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Oh my god, I love it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's amazing that flying a plane into a crashing airship causes it to do that. The kind of poo poo you'd never think to do in QA testing.

Like having a group of people spend literally hours trying to ride their horse onto the wing of a plane and then have it take off so they can do flying jousting with anti tank rifles.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's amazing that flying a plane into a crashing airship causes it to do that. The kind of poo poo you'd never think to do in QA testing.

Like having a group of people spend literally hours trying to ride their horse onto the wing of a plane and then have it take off so they can do flying jousting with anti tank rifles.

Battlefield is always full of those fun physics goodies. I remember 1942 had a thing where if you drove a vehicle onto an AA gun the car would freak out. If you pointed the gun at the right angle you could launch a Sherman tank like 250 feet up.
I loved poo poo like that

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
With whirling fiery doom tornadoes it's hard to believe the Central Powers lost ww1!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Angry Diplomat posted:

Isn't that the same game that had a stubbornly persistent glitch enabling horses to get married (and I think produce heirs somehow) after insane monarchs named them as nobles?

"Horse" is a genetic trait.

It makes you genetically lovely at everything that is genetically controlled.

The members of the QA team had to be given explicit instructions to stop maliciously horsifying opponents through forced marriages during friendly testing matches.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
http://i.imgur.com/bxMSGup.webm

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
https://zippy.gfycat.com/MessyUnfortunateBronco.webm

I do not recall this being on the tech tree.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Somfin posted:

"Horse" is a genetic trait.

It makes you genetically lovely at everything that is genetically controlled.

The members of the QA team had to be given explicit instructions to stop maliciously horsifying opponents through forced marriages during friendly testing matches.

It's both a genetic trait and a culture, and the trick is to split them apart

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tunicate posted:

It's both a genetic trait and a culture, and the trick is to split them apart

So horses are like jewish people? Is it matrilineal?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EW5dL8YEPs

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I do not recall this being on the tech tree.

I guess you can play as Cybran in CIV 6.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was playing Cleopatra in Civ 6, and suddenly Cleopatra showed up and declared war on me, saying "It was fun pretending to be your friend, now prepare for WAR!"

There was no other Cleopatra in the game. Apparently I declared war on myself.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Dissociative identity disorder is a bitch.

[roger a muirebe.png etc etc yadda yadda]

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

sticklefifer posted:

I was playing Cleopatra in Civ 6, and suddenly Cleopatra showed up and declared war on me, saying "It was fun pretending to be your friend, now prepare for WAR!"

There was no other Cleopatra in the game. Apparently I declared war on myself.

I got that as Peter but right after Victoria declared war on me so I thought maybe it was him shouting back at her, realized it didnt make much sense.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzopwIur64

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Slime posted:

So horses are like jewish people? Is it matrilineal?

I do believe it's maretrilineal, actually.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9KcqQSRRI
It's a Battlefield 1 video. A very realistic World War 1 simulation.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not technically a glitch but Skate 3 physics are great

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Phlegmish posted:

Not technically a glitch

Phlegmish posted:

Skate 3 physics

You appear to be contradicting yourself.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

Not technically a glitch but Skate 3 physics are great

that actually looks like the precise definition of a glitch to me

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
It isnt a glitch its a nollie to superman and he bails at just the right time to throw his board at the dudes head. Look at helixsnake's youtube channel for actual skate glitched because boy howdy does he gently caress that game up.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

If embedding your skateboard six inches deep into that dude's skull is intended functionality of the game, then Skate 3 is violent filth, and EA must be ordered to cease development on Skate 4

edit: Okay looks like EA has been way ahead of me on that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Skate three is an excellent glitch that sometimes turns into a game

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

FutonForensic posted:

If embedding your skateboard six inches deep into that dude's skull is intended functionality of the game, then Skate 3 is violent filth, and EA must be ordered to cease development on Skate 4

:negative:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

FutonForensic posted:

Emergent gameplay isn't a glitch.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Evil Badman posted:

Emergent gameplay isn't a glitch.

"gameplay"

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eojH7dx9KmY

Skate 3 has literally emergent gameplay.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is the game as fun to play as it looks?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Depends if you want a skating game or a silly dumb physics simulator.
For like, 90% of the time you have to purposely seek out the insane poo poo helixsnake pulls.
A lot is either blatant physics abuse (Sticking it onto the super generous Easy Mode physics and/or Stacking objects on top of each other until they freak out) or purposely loving the game over.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Not only that but the glitch hunting is a hell of a lot of trial and error which in itself gets tiresome to do. It's why Helixsnake is the only interesting person to watch playing Skate, because not too many people go through making 10 minute videos of glitches that happen to everyone that plays it. HS just steps it up a notch with more intricate set pieces and some fantastic editing.

The game itself is pretty fun even if you play as intended. It eventually got boring for me in the same way that many open world games do.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Jay Rust posted:

If you liked Tony Hawk but thought it was 1) too unrealistic and 2) too simple to play, sure. I don't mean that in a snarky way. Skate uses far more complicated controls to try to simulate more realistic skateboard physics. The 'more realistic' engine is just more subject to more incredible freak outs, like in those videos. If you can pick up Skate 3 on the cheap I'd recommend it.

E: That's not to say that the game is all sensible flatland stuff. There are ludicrously large hills and jumps and a bone-breaker mode. It's not super serious.

Waldorf Sixpence has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Oct 28, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The 'more realistic' engine is just more subject to more incredible freak outs, like in those videos

Incidentally, a lot of the reason this freakout stuff happens is that for the most part the engine considers the board, not the rider, to be the focus of the player's control. The tricks that embed 'you' in the ground work because the rider's movement and physics are a secondary, reactive consideration to ensuring the predictable and controllable movement of the board.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
The skate games are let down by a terrible character creator and terrible clothing options, plus not having a sense of a achievement and progress in the story, you'll do some ridiculously hard challenge and get a pair of granddad slippers and a lovely board to go with your hideous monstrosity of a deformed freak skater.

The video editors amazing and being able to move ramps around in the main world is great though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Max Payne 3 has some bonkers glitches you can do with regards to pausing just as you die and restarting from checkpoint. Sometimes these have pretty mundane effects like spawning you without a gun and nothing else.

http://i.imgur.com/JoJTvQY.mp4

But sometimes the results are, uh, strange.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, this happens sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbn0i3Z0EbM

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/795721495515373568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That's why Taka-Arashi was cut after 3, he's so fat that he fucks up physics.