Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Cool more lovely spelling and grammar and random crashes.

Are they that bad? I don't think I've seen their name before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Txn posted:

So I can't buy World of Final Fantasy on the vita ps store, checked the website and after trying to purchase it, it says that I need my card information because the game is CERO-Z while the ESRB rating is E10. :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Takoluka posted:

The Vita version of World of Final Fantasy might be the most innovative game of all-time.

Wanna play the PSS.

Cross-post.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Are they that bad? I don't think I've seen their name before.

I'm just going by the last game they published I played (Valkyrie Drive) which still hasn't been patched afaik.
Also their website is a hilarious mess that doesn't look like it's been updated for 6-12 months.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Rated E10+ Adult Horror game. Only on PlayStation.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm just going by the last game they published I played (Valkyrie Drive) which still hasn't been patched afaik.
Also their website is a hilarious mess that doesn't look like it's been updated for 6-12 months.

But I heard only good things from Valkyrie Drive!! :v:

That's a shame if it's botched :( It's one of the few games I'm looking forward to for late 2016/2017.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Trails of Cold Steel, starting the chapter 5 practical exam, 44 hours played. The game does writing and events right and I love every little WHOA and WHAT it provides. I could not stand predictable Hollywoodish writing before going into this one, and I've been spoilt rotten already. For full taste and perfection I'd change a few things with one character like the voice-acting and writing and done. Even though I know some mysteries and characters will only be explained in the sequel, this is another game that makes me sad whenever I see things like Fallout 4 getting called a really well-written RPG.

And then the pacing in general in this, was it overseen or actually made by the veterans at Falcom? It's more sad that so few people know about these, even my rear end up until going on a hunt for what fit my needs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

I see things like Fallout 4 getting called a really well-written RPG..

I refuse to believe this

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
We'll see it again with Mass Effect Andromeda before long!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

was it overseen or actually made by the veterans at Falcom?

not sure what you mean by this? it's a Falcom game, it was made by falcom. if you're wondering if it was made by their A team or whatever it's their most popular series so probably, although I don't think falcom has enough staff to really have completely distinct teams

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Cool more lovely spelling and grammar and random crashes.

Ghostlight 2.0

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Remote play works well for WoFF; best to set ATB to Wait though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ghostlight 2.0

Jesus, what. PQube's pretty cool in my book. They release tons of ArcSys fighters that wouldn't get released here otherwise, some VNs, and the EDF games. And they don't take two years to do it or break those games with bad programming.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

I refuse to believe this

I don't think it's actually true, at least not for people you don't find still posting in a fallout 4 thread somewhere

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Odd, I was sure Marvelous Europe would handle this one for sure

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/790858296131551232

At this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out that Marvelous Europe has been sold to pQube.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Trails of Cold Steel late ch5 when you're on the train towards Celdric and they speak of all the meetings and theater shows and nice people going to Crosbell and I remember the prologue and :ohdear: and then chancellor osborne/gruffdude turns and looks at you :ohdear: thrilling as all hell. This game does things right. Millium is still a poo poo predictable cliche character that should never ever be done again ever in any game, I bet I can find people who love everything about her character and voice in a heartbeat, just like I found people defending all things Star Ocean 5. (Plenty of cliches are around of course, could do without the non-tittygrab of the start and the BL-girl and the creepy girl, but those can be laughed off, groaned away.)

Game is cool as hell and does storytelling and events better than anything else. JRPGs are as dead as disco and the Vita and they are all alive and as well as they need to be. Good luck to my future purchases of FF15 and Persona 5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JRPGs aren't even close to a dead genre

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything JRPGs are one of the few genres that thrive off of the way modern video games are made compared to the PS1 and PS2 years.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Senran Kagura Estival Versus is $20 with PS+ right now.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

while we're on the subject, an end of chapter 5 gripe: so now i know those shells from the prologue were blanks. how on earth are you going to build back up to a crisis before this thing ends. i'm worried there won't be any sort of resolution and it'll all just be a setup for a sequel. which of course there will be some of that, but i'm hoping there's still enough that someone could stop with this one and be satisfied.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

while we're on the subject, an end of chapter 5 gripe: so now i know those shells from the prologue were blanks. how on earth are you going to build back up to a crisis before this thing ends. i'm worried there won't be any sort of resolution and it'll all just be a setup for a sequel. which of course there will be some of that, but i'm hoping there's still enough that someone could stop with this one and be satisfied.

That part was an amazingly well done troll. I haven't finished Cold Steel 1 yet, but having played TiTS I'm assuming you're not going to be able to stop after the first game and be satisfied

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well that part's kind of an interesting case cause if you were part of the Japanese fanbase you'd know the railway guns never get fired because you see the other side of the trade conference events in Ao

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Cross-post.

after having watched a lot of streams of WoFF at home sick the other day I agree with this classification

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

That part was an amazingly well done troll. I haven't finished Cold Steel 1 yet, but having played TiTS I'm assuming you're not going to be able to stop after the first game and be satisfied

you won't, the second game picks up pretty much right where the first left off and it's a pretty big cliff hanger imo

not that that matters much since cs2 is already out, but it'll suck when you finish that as well and have to wait for cs3 I suppose

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CS2 actually has a solid conclusion, just like SC did.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Delusibeta posted:

At this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out that Marvelous Europe has been sold to pQube.

Yep

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/791625510241591300

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's great to be a late adopter sometimes. You guys are all "man this system is dead, there's no new games", and meanwhile I'm really impatient to finally finish my FFX HD playthrough so I can get around to starting Grand Kingdom because if I don't get on that soon I'll never be able to play Trails of Cold Steel on any reasonable timeframe :c00l:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sometimes I think buying any electronics within a year of release is a serious risk.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

loquacius posted:

It's great to be a late adopter sometimes. You guys are all "man this system is dead, there's no new games", and meanwhile I'm really impatient to finally finish my FFX HD playthrough so I can get around to starting Grand Kingdom because if I don't get on that soon I'll never be able to play Trails of Cold Steel on any reasonable timeframe :c00l:

Also getting new games for free on PSN+ is nice

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Just got my Vita with P4 and Cyber Sleuths.

I downloaded Medievil for kicks and I was completely unaware of the touch R2/l2 buttons on the back. Is there anything out there that makes it easier to use or any general tips for making using it a bit easier. I'll probably get used to it but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Also, how's valkyria chronicles 2?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mediocre

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
More information has surfaced on Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

Aiming for a spring 2017 release (wasn't it already delayed like twice?)

The story for DT2-2 is that Fried and co. lost when fighting against the final boss of DT2, with the result of the entire kingdom falling into darkness.

The darkness also corrupts the current cast and alters their personalities to one degree or another. Fried, for example, now looks like a kid.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/dungeon-travelers-2-2-set-world-final-boss-dungeon-travelers-2-won

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/first-look-dungeon-travelers-2-2 (Screenshots are NSFW. Of course.)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

loquacius posted:

well yes the vita has a large library if you're willing to play bad games like ffx instead of good ones, like ffx-2

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

I downloaded Medievil for kicks and I was completely unaware of the touch R2/l2 buttons on the back. Is there anything out there that makes it easier to use or any general tips for making using it a bit easier. I'll probably get used to it but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

There are a few models of a plastic shell for the Vita that adds L2/R2 buttons: https://www.amazon.com/Psvita2000-r2button-Load-Grip-Cover-Black/dp/B00TP8KBJI/

They're just rubber bits that push against the screen to press the virtual buttons, but they work great.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 28, 2016

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Lemon-Lime posted:

There are a few models of a plastic shell for the Vita that adds L2/R2 buttons: https://www.amazon.com/Psvita2000-r2button-Load-Grip-Cover-Black/dp/B00TP8KBJI/

They're just rubber bits that push against the screen to press the virtual buttons, but they work great.

Fantastic. Thanks a bunch.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/28/steinsgate-0-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-november-29/

I watched the Steins;Gate show with my friends, and it was pretty neat (if not a bit disturbing at times).

Not sure I really like the idea of the premise here, though... :(
"Steins;Gate Zero follows the story of a world line where Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and is forced to live with the consequences of his choice to sacrifice her. Six months later, he’s a broken wreck, taking medication, rarely meeting his friends. His only goal in life: to continue Kurisu’s work."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

I watched the Steins;Gate show with my friends, and it was pretty neat (if not a bit disturbing at times).

Not sure I really like the idea of the premise here, though... :(
"Steins;Gate Zero follows the story of a world line where Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and is forced to live with the consequences of his choice to sacrifice her. Six months later, he’s a broken wreck, taking medication, rarely meeting his friends. His only goal in life: to continue Kurisu’s work."
A lot of people complained online that they don't understand why he did have to fail, so it seems logical to me that they would explore that line further to explain it for those who asked.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

apparently exist archive came out, has anyone picked it up yet and how is it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cake Attack posted:

apparently exist archive came out, has anyone picked it up yet and how is it?

Supposedly, mediocre and short but serviceable, but not at full price.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

More information has surfaced on Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

Aiming for a spring 2017 release (wasn't it already delayed like twice?)

The story for DT2-2 is that Fried and co. lost when fighting against the final boss of DT2, with the result of the entire kingdom falling into darkness.

The darkness also corrupts the current cast and alters their personalities to one degree or another. Fried, for example, now looks like a kid.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/dungeon-travelers-2-2-set-world-final-boss-dungeon-travelers-2-won

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/first-look-dungeon-travelers-2-2 (Screenshots are NSFW. Of course.)

I'm starting to think it might be a good policy to just not look up information on any Vita game while I'm at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Dehry posted:

Senran Kagura Estival Versus is $20 with PS+ right now.

Is it better than Shinovi Versus? Better levels? Bosses?