Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aerox posted:

]
Nancy Grace has been shrieking about the case for months.

yikes, todd chrisley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Northjayhawk posted:

So.... did Mark Kirk just look over at Tammy Duckworth's asian features and think to himself "yeah right, she's lying, no way her family fought in the revolutionary war"

Yep

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

So.... did Mark Kirk just look over at Tammy Duckworth's asian features and think to himself "yeah right, she's lying, no way her family fought in the revolutionary war"
absolutely

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

valnas posted:

How much of the 46 mil spent was at:

Trump Tower (campaign HQ)
Trump Resorts (receptions, rally's, victory crap)
Book as Donation

I'm gonna say that at the end of this he is net postive whatever happens. LONG CON by the Don.

You're missing the biggest expense of them all.

Hats.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
The fact that Duckworth is not a typical Thai surname probably should have given him pause if he wasn't sure. What a damned fool.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

:laffo: I'm so glad this rear end in a top hat is gonna get shellacked by a paraplegic Asian-American woman. Also, drat good lines there by Tammy, Duckworth 2024.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

This confuses me. I thought George Washington was a general during the revolutionary war :confused:

Wait I just te-read it and I'm still confused. Her opponent said her PARENTS came during the revolutionary war? What?

I hope Tammy mops the floor with him

More context makes it sound even worse.

e;fb

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kro-Bar posted:

More context makes it sound even worse.

e;fb
Holy hell he just looked at her and assumed she was lying about everything she just said.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icc0NXOdJQg

lol

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, reddit either got broke or hacked but every single r/all submission is from the_donald, with most not even breaking 0 upvotes.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Quorum posted:

:laffo: I'm so glad this rear end in a top hat is gonna get shellacked by a paraplegic Asian-American woman. Also, drat good lines there by Tammy, Duckworth 2024.

Really, that gaff should be the end of his already poor chances. I mean, she talks about patriotism and serving ones country, has the actual bonafides personally and in her family to back it up (remember, he's a shitstain who lied about his military service), and he pulls this kind of crap?

Edit: Ok, now having seen the whole video, it's actually worse than I thought. He had 30 seconds to respond to her answer, and that sentence, as racist, wrong (factually) and politically suicidal as it was, was his entire rebuttal. Jesus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
aaaaand, she's twisting the knife

https://twitter.com/TammyforIL/status/791818739222274048

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Oh wow, Tammy Duckworth was the one who beat Joe Walsh in the House. That guy's gonna be apoplectic on January 20, 2025 when she takes Hillary's place as president.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Northjayhawk posted:

The fact that Duckworth is not a typical Thai surname probably should have given him pause if he wasn't sure. What a damned fool.

Please don't discount the refined, cosmopolitan, and cultured nature of Mark Kirk. I'm sure he just assumed it was her chue len.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:stare:

Apparently r/The_Donald has launched an all-out blitz on the rest of Reddit and somehow got the entirety of its subreddit onto the front page.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/791820877373530112

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Aerox posted:

I know that's absurd but I'm trying to highlight why jury verdicts based on politics, projection, and feelings aren't a good thing. As neat as it would be if criminal cases were decided by virtue of what the most progressive verdict is, that's not really justice. Plenty of other people haven't received justice they should have gotten either, and that's terrible, but just flipping the positions doesn't really solve anything.

Also, straight up, a conviction in this case would have done nothing to militia groups who already see the government as illegitimate. Personally, I suspect if/when the Bundys or the next group actually does get convicted, they'll just be seen as brave martyrs. None of them are going to pack up their guns and go home because the Bundys got charged with possession of firearms in a federal building.

Thank you for taking the time to responds. Im pretty exhausted so apologizes if my response is a bit disjointed.

Except that there is a very distinct possible that this jury verdict was chosen based on "politics, projection, and feelings". A lot of my frustration is no system in place to deal with this from an acquittal standpoint and its very possible this is the first of many cases where this happens.

I disagree with your second point, as we saw when the feds got involved people bailed HARD out of the place. A guilty verdict would have lessened militia activity as when these people are made to put there money where mouth is a lot of them bail.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

Apparently r/The_Donald has launched an all-out blitz on the rest of Reddit and somehow got the entirety of its subreddit onto the front page.

It doesn't even match with their normal algorithms, almost all the submissions have <0 net upvotes

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Everyone knows r/the_donald, possibly the worst site on Reddit (and thus the internet), engages in botting and vote manipulation to get featured on one of the site's main pages (r/all). Usually you see just a few r/the_donald posts on every page of r/all, but someone must have screwed up the settings on their botnet, cause now literally every post on every page is r/the_donald. Maybe this will lead to the site's admins reprimanding the site for manipulation, and since so many news sites steal stories from Reddit now, it might get some play on more mainstream media sites about how fake pro-Trump traffic online is.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Oh wow, Tammy Duckworth was the one who beat Joe Walsh in the House. That guy's gonna be apoplectic on January 20, 2025 when she takes Hillary's place as president.

:getin:

(I would love to have 20 straight years of presidents who aren't white men :unsmigghh:)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Euphoriaphone posted:

Everyone knows r/the_donald, possibly the worst site on Reddit (and thus the internet), engages in botting and vote manipulation to get featured on one of the site's main pages (r/all). Usually you see just a few r/the_donald posts on every page of r/all, but someone must have screwed up the settings on their botnet, cause now literally every post on every page is r/the_donald. Maybe this will lead to the site's admins reprimanding the site for manipulation, and since so many news sites steal stories from Reddit now, it might get some play on more mainstream media sites about how fake pro-Trump traffic online is.
im on the front page of reddit and I don't see it. Did it already get blasted?

EDIT: Oh, you have to go to r/all, not just the frontpage.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

nine-gear crow posted:

I can't wait for these idiots to get their subreddit banned.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Endorph posted:

Has to be specifically /r/all maybe?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Goatman Sacks posted:

It doesn't even match with their normal algorithms, almost all the submissions have <0 net upvotes

Usually that's how r/the_donald posts look on r/all. I think it's because the algorithm takes into account the rate of upvotes, and the trump threads probably far outpace others on an upvote-per-second basis, due to the bots.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Endorph posted:

Go to r/all.

Euphoriaphone posted:

Usually that's how r/the_donald posts look on r/all. I think it's because the algorithm takes into account the rate of upvotes, and the trump threads probably far outpace others on an upvote-per-second basis, due to the bots.

Most of the submissions have 0 upvotes.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

gently caress mark kirk forever

what a stupendous fuckstain

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Pakled posted:

You think she'll beat Michelle in the primary?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Euphoriaphone posted:

I dunno I'm a huge connoisseur of r/all and I've never seen anything on there with <0 upvotes.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I know it's Politico but please oh please let us keep Joe.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/791821967355699200

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
oh, hey

https://twitter.com/politico/status/791822013497245696

Sure, I approve

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Holy poo poo yes please...I don't want to lose Onion Joe Biden :(

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

He gone

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lozzle posted:

I can't wait for these idiots to get their subreddit banned.

They've done blatant enough vote manipulation in the past that would have gotten any other subreddit banned, but reddit admins have done nothing more than ask /r/the_donald mods to keep better control of their userbase because they're afraid that banning it would be seen as partisan.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather keep Kerry tbh, I love Joe, but Kerry is drat good at what he's doing.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lmfao I forgot about this

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Slamhound posted:

You think she'll beat Michelle in the primary?

Michelle's gonna make a Sherman pledge, I'm sure.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Its too bad this abrupt, fatal meltdown in a GOP-held senate seat race didn't happen in a state that was more competitive. Mark Kirk was already toast.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Goatman Sacks posted:

I'd rather keep Kerry tbh, I love Joe, but Kerry is drat good at what he's doing.

It's rare for a Secretary of State to stay on for more than 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

gently caress, quote's not edit, is it

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 28, 2016

• Locked thread